Gearbox Unveils New IP Battleborn

This is a discussion on Gearbox Unveils New IP Battleborn within the PlayStation & Trophy News forum, part of the PS3Trophies.com Headquarters; Gearbox wants to change your perception of genres once again with Battleborn, a new IP being published by 2K Games ...

Gods Reign

Gearbox Unveils New IP Battleborn

Gearbox wants to change your perception of genres once again with Battleborn, a new IP being published by 2K Games for the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC. Gearbox and 2K plan to release Battleborn in fiscal year 2016 ending March 31, 2016.

Battleborn's story takes place in a "distant future, the only hope for the last star in a dying universe is a new breed of warriors, who must put aside their differences to drive back an unstoppable menace."

Game Informer got the opportunity to play the first announced competitive match type, Incursion - an inventive 5 vs. 5 mode that combines fast-paced first-person gameplay with the strategic team-based elements of games like League of Legends and Dota 2.

Players start on a level playing field at the beginning of each match, progressing along a streamlined skill path up to level 20 filled with customizable abilities that unlock a variety of different play styles. Many of these gameplay elements will also bleed into Battleborn's five-player cooperative campaign, which Gearbox hasn't revealed just yet.

Source: GameInformer
    Last edited by Ghost; 07-08-2014 at 12:23 PM.

Kiwi Defender

Was looking at this just a few minutes ago. Looks interesting, and I'm digging the artstyle a lot. That said, I'm not really a fan of MOBAs, so I hope they release a demo or there's an open beta for me to try, otherwise I'd probably skip playing it.

As an added note, I can see this becoming a cash-grab full of micro-transactions lol.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

#hashtag

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    Was looking at this just a few minutes ago. Looks interesting, and I'm digging the artstyle a lot. That said, I'm not really a fan of MOBAs, so I hope they release a demo or there's an open beta for me to try, otherwise I'd probably skip playing it.

As an added note, I can see this becoming a cash-grab full of micro-transactions lol.

The name alone screamed MOBA to me.

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Ramonalicious View Post
    No kidding. Not surprised at all that GearBox wants to be part of the MOBA craze and cash in while it's still popular.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ramonalicious View Post
    Yeah at the very moment that starts screams MOBA but as nagflar said i really hope that this isn't the case cause i don't like that kind of games but we'll see

Lvl 4 - Silver

Yeah, I agree with all you guys about this. I've never been that interested in MOBAs. MOBAs are only marginally more interesting to me than MMOs. They're just the kind of game I can't really get into.

As Nagflar said, I hope there's a beta or a demo or something. I love Borderlands, and Borderlands 3 will be an instabuy for me when it comes out (you know it will eventually), but this looks questionable to me. I doubt it'll be bad, but it does sound like just another MOBA, which doesn't really interest me. On the bright side, there are always lots of games I want to buy, so I guess if this one doesn't interest me then I'm saving 60 bucks.
    The Jolly Green Giant
    Has a stable full of hos
    Except instead of ladies
    He pimps out potatoes

-Roast Beef

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

From what I'd seen written, it will be FPS-based with MOBA tendencies. My interest is there on the strength of Borderlands alone, but hopefully, this can be an exciting new chapter for the Gearbox.