GameStop Looking to Partner with Developers for Exclusive Content

This is a discussion on GameStop Looking to Partner with Developers for Exclusive Content within the PlayStation & Trophy News forum, part of the PS3Trophies.com Headquarters; GameStop, the video game retail giant, is looking to take a more proactive role when it comes to exclusive content ...

KCCO!

GameStop Looking to Partner with Developers for Exclusive Content

GameStop, the video game retail giant, is looking to take a more proactive role when it comes to exclusive content for those that purchase games there. Specifically, GameStop is looking to, perhaps, partner with development studios and have input into the development of games to secure rights to exclusive content.

While this already occurs, to an extent, in the form of retailer-specific DLC, GameStop is looking to have direct input into the actual content that's delivered in-game on day-one.

Source: Joystiq.

Lvl 4 - Silver

interesting... i always pre order with gamestop. love them points that give me day one free games. i always save 70% on my purchases. too many points

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I'm a Power Up Rewards Member and I always pre-order at GameStop. That's where I got my pre-order for Mortal Kombat x, Lego Batman 3, and others for the PS4. I can't wait for this to happen!

Lvl 4 - Silver

I almost always purchase from GameStop, so I'm sure I'll be fine with this, but I don't really like the idea. All these pre-order incentives and stuff have always just bothered me. I miss the days where you bought a game on one system and were able to rest easy knowing you got the same version as everyone else.
    The Jolly Green Giant
    Has a stable full of hos
    Except instead of ladies
    He pimps out potatoes

-Roast Beef

Lvl 3 - Bronze

As long as they don't expire quickly I'm fine with that. Lately I've been buying a few games on eBay and usually go for the ones where the seller includes a code from a pre order bonus.