'Pokemon Style' Collectems Coming to PS4 & Vita

This is a discussion on 'Pokemon Style' Collectems Coming to PS4 & Vita within the PlayStation & Trophy News forum, part of the PS3Trophies.com Headquarters; Collectems is a new RPG project from The Layabouts made in the spirit of the original Pokémon Red & Blue ...

A.W

'Pokemon Style' Collectems Coming to PS4 & Vita

Collectems is a new RPG project from The Layabouts made in the spirit of the original Pokémon Red & Blue Versions. Collectems is currently being developed for Windows PC, Mac OS X, Linux, PlayStation®Vita, and PlayStation®4. A release date has not been announced as yet.

Collectems takes the concept of an non-linear open world Pokemon game and adds a little unique concept to it. Players will be able to enjoy a randomized world each time they play. This means the location of species, opponents, and loot will be different each time you play.

"At an unknown time, in a familiar world, a mysterious fire burns over the quiet of the night. Through the smoke and the ashes, your father is nowhere to be found, and a lifetime of debt now rests at your feet. Bound by the shackles of responsibility, you venture out into the Tamota Peninsula, where strange mutant creatures have ravaged the natural ecosystem and captured the hearts of millions. These 'Collectems' are a full-blown culture-defining phenomenon, taken in as anything from household pets and workplace assistants to biological weapons of mass destruction. Through the process of capture & control, how will you use these marvelous beasts and their unique capabilities to pay off your father's debt?"
    Core Game Features

• Explore a variety of interesting and diverse locales in this non-linear world, unlocking new routes of travel as you obtain various navigational tools. The decisions of where to go and what to do at any given time are yours to make.
    • Discover several different Collectem species across multiple types, each with their own strengths, weaknesses, and special abilities. Individual members of a species can vary wildly from one another, meaning that there’s always a good reason to go out in search of new monsters.
    • Enjoy a randomized experience each playthrough, where the layout of the environments and the location of different species, opponents, & loot are different every time. This will ensure that things are fresh and the decisions are tough even if you've already played before.
    • Battle your team of carefully trained Collectems in strategic turn-based battles where the stakes are high and the rewards are even higher. Allow your fallen Collectems to live on by infusing their DNA with those still alive, passing on moves, traits, and special abilities.
    • Shape the strategy of your business as you see fit over the course of the adventure. Use money you acquire from battles to invest in breeding centers, eugenics research, item manufacturing, training facilities, and more!
    • A number of customizable difficulty options allow you to differentiate individual runs through the game. Disable permanent death, place restrictions on learning/teaching moves, penalize yourself for healing, institute economic inflation, remove all logic from the randomization of the world - these are just a few examples, and the choices are yours to make to fit your playstyle.
    • Lovingly-crafted pixel art and a catchy chiptune soundtrack evoke the heyday of retro handheld gaming, but a higher resolution widescreen viewing field, color options, internet connectivity, and a touch- and mouse-friendly interface bring it into the 21st century.

Source: CollectemsGames

Away for a bit

I dunno but I loved me the original Poke'mon games I think I'd pick this up

Avatar by DARE & Sig by Djunglist

Lvl 4 - Silver

this actually sounds really cool. i'd try it out

Negator

This could be a big title for PS4/PSV. Looking forward to seeing more info.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Sounds like alot of fun gonna keep an eye on it, but still I really need a pokemon game :')
    *Info Bar: Boosting : GTA V / Latest: Far Cry 3

Lvl 8 - Gold

Galaxy beauty pirate

Interesting.. I'll definitely keep an eye on this.
    Sig by Ramon

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Need to see game play on this game to decide on this game but will probably buy this also I loved playing the red and blue versions and I wonder what the trophy list will look like
    Daniel Kelly

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Sounds cracking! Especially for Vita, I look forward to hearing more.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Hehe this is grand XD defiantly gonna look out for this.
    Sync Unison: Element of Spirits

ToQ Rokugou

now this sounds interesting, and being a fan of the 1st gen of pokemon over the rest of the crap and numerous remakes to get em all (lol) this really sounds cool and could be a nice smack to the big N with some cleaver trophies too

Bringing the PAIN

huh... Well this could be either interesting or complete shit. IDK about the "business management" part of it being overly popular. But ya never know! Can't wait to hear more.

Avi by:dsluckay
    Sig by:In2

Lvl 4 - Silver

I love how part of the plot is using these "collectems" to pay off your father's debt.

This could be a old idea redone in a new way and a new series. Pokemon was awesome when it first came out, so maybe this could be something good. I wouldn't bother with it though knowing I'm over games like Pokemon.

Flesh is heretic /
    My body is a witch /
    I am burning it

Hello

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yoo_Hoo_Sniper View Post
    I dunno but I loved me the original Poke'mon games I think I'd pick this up
    Glad I am not alone! I am intrigued

The only sane person here

I'll keep my eyes on this, looks promising.

La Mano de Dios

lt would be cool if they make use of some of the AR features for the Vita version. Imagine yourself going for a walk in the park with your handheld and hunting for these Collectems

... or maybe they just do something like they did with Sly Cooper 4 and the Vita "scan" for treasures while playing in the PS3 (which was not good implemented though)

xbox420

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Collectems: Players will be able to enjoy a randomized world each time they play. This means the location of species, opponents, and loot will be different each time you play.

This rouge-like play is really the only neat thing going for it. Otherwise it's a carbon copy of Pokemon. I suppose I'll reserve some of the judgement until it becomes available.

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |Sig by Smashguy | GDT bar by
    djunglist|
    |Avy - Daft Punk returns|

Thanks to GDT for hosting awesome competitions!

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

fingers crossed for a platinum trophy

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

PRO Member

this sounds really good, everyone loves the original Pokemon games so I'm looking forward to this