Uncharted Movie Release Date Set For 2016

This is a discussion on Uncharted Movie Release Date Set For 2016 within the PlayStation & Trophy News forum, part of the PS3Trophies.com Headquarters; Nathan Drake will be in theaters during the summer of 2016. Sony slotted the adaptation of the popular video game ...

A.W

Uncharted Movie Release Date Set For 2016

Nathan Drake will be in theaters during the summer of 2016. Sony slotted the adaptation of the popular video game Uncharted for June 10, 2016. Seth Gordon (The King of Kong, Horrible Bosses and Identity Thief) is directing from a script by David Guggenheim.

The role of Nathan Drake was to be played by Mark Wahlberg, but the Transformers: Age of Extinction star has since departed the project.

Seth Gordon told Zap2It that his screenwriters have ”just got the script to a really good place” and that he thinks “very early next year” is when shooting will begin on the video game adaptation.

“It’s going to honor the mythology of the game, but I would say honor some of the most interesting stuff from the first one and build from there. There’s some stuff that isn’t in the game. I love the complexity and frankly the sophistication of the storytelling in the game, and we aspire to that — but don’t want to tell the exact same story, of course — so something that doesn’t break the rules of what it did but expands. Because I feel like the people who play the games and know them well don’t want to just see the same story told. You want extra shades.”

"I want it to be a great actor," Gordon says. "That's number one, and then if it's someone who has an actual jaw, that's even better. The game is so well done that you need it to live up to that. There's no way we'd do the inverse of that where it's somebody famous who can't [act]."
    Source: SlashFilm & Zap2It

Sin is in 10

Good news! Hopefully this can take the place of Indiana Jones

My dream choices are either Bradley Cooper, Frank Grillo, or (deep breath) Chris Pratt...

First person to suggest Nathan Fillion gets murdered. He's too old, too fat, and would not be a good fit at all. Case Closed.

Sig and Avatar by SideEffect

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Well I'm going to suggest it....Nathan Fillion as Nathan Drake. He's 43 but how can you say he is too old when you suggested Bradley Cooper, who is 39, and Frank Grillo, who is 51!

Sin is in 10

Ah, I stand corrected. I did not check the ages, only that Frank Grillo looks most like Drake. I just hate Fillion because he is rumored for every role that comes up it seems like. He was just recently rumored for Green Lantern in the Justice League movie. He's not a bad actor, I'm just tired of seeing his name attached to movies as rumors.

Anywho, *murders you*

Sig and Avatar by SideEffect

Lvl 8 - Gold

david borneaz people I think he looks most like drake (but also may be too old tho lol) I also cant see him platforming hahaaha

Lvl 3 - Bronze

This is actually the first time I've heard of him being rumored for a film because he has been trying to be cast as Nathan Drake. I just hope that it doesn't bomb so we can see some sequels. Well, I know who would be perfect as Joel for The Last of Us film.........wait for it.........Josh Brolin.

Negator

I'm pretty sure Tracy Morgan will be cast in the roll of Nathan Drake.

KCCO!

Quote Originally Posted by Helyx View Post
    I'm pretty sure Tracy Morgan will be cast in the roll of Nathan Drake.
    Damn it! You beat me to it!

PRO Member

The vast majority of Hollywood pictures are utter trash in my mind. That being said, I expect this movie is going to suck like the rest of them. Obviously it would be great if I'm proven wrong (oh noes! my ego can't take it ), yet I'm not holding my breath.
    <signature>
    [Insert garbage no one gives two fucks about]
    </signature>

Lvl 4 - Silver

Id say Nolan North, least he would sound the part lol. Feel hes just a little too old looking. Bill Murray as sully just because it would be fucking funny. Fillion would have been my first choice if they made the movie years ago, bit late in the day to cast him now. And, I only say Fillion because when I first played uncharted, I said Drake looks like him, and so did most people on the internet apparently.
    THE NOOSH
    BABAGANOOSH08

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Chris Pratt is probably the right choice for Drake at this moment in time, he ticks the boxes needed for a close approxamation of Nate D.

Beyond that, Sully should be played by Bruce Campbell, the women are a bit tougher to pick.