Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

NA PlayStation Plus Update for August

This is a discussion on NA PlayStation Plus Update for August within the PlayStation & Trophy News forum, part of the PS3Trophies.com Headquarters; This month our PlayStation Plus members will receive two games free the day they release on PlayStation Store —Road Not ...

News Team

NA PlayStation Plus Update for August

This month our PlayStation Plus members will receive two games free the day they release on PlayStation Store —Road Not Taken on PS4 and Metrico on PS Vita. In addition to these titles, members will receive other popular games like Fez on PS4, Crysis 3 and Proteus on PS3 and Dragon’s Crown on PS Vita.

PS4 owners can enjoy two puzzle games with very different mechanics. First up, there’s Road Not Taken, where you’ll aim to strategically maneuver through a forest as efficiently as possible with only a limited amount of stamina, all while saving lost children. Then you can don a fancy hat in Fez, as you jump around pixelated 2D levels housed in a 3D world. Shift your view of the landscape with the hit of a button and journey to find the pieces of a Hexahedron.

On PlayStation 3, Crysis 3 offers the sandbox first-person shooter world that made the franchise famous and there’s a new toy to play with – the Predator Bow. If you enjoy multiplayer, there’s a new mode here called Hunter where two players are pitted against a team of CELL agents with the goal of slowly turning all of them into fellow Hunters. Then, there’s the soothing experience of Proteus, where you’ll explore procedurally generated islands with a dynamic soundtrack.

Finally, PlayStation Vita owners will get their hands on the highly-anticipated puzzle-platformer Metrico and critically-acclaimed action RPG Dragon’s Crown. Traverse a world filled with infographics in Metrico, but don’t be fooled by the clean presentation – proceeding through these charts isn’t as straightforward as it might seem. Invite up to three friends to join you in the dungeons of Dragon’s Crown, and thanks to Cross-Play you can even go adventuring with your buddies who have PS3s.

All of these games will be free for Plus members starting August 5th. If you want to see these titles in action, check out the video below.

[top]August PlayStation Plus Preview

[top]Road Not Taken (PS4)

[top]
    Free for PS Plus members
    From the creators of Triple Town, Road Not Taken is a roguelike puzzle game about surviving life’s surprises. You play as a ranger adventuring through a vast, unforgiving forest in the aftermath of a brutal winter storm, rescuing children who have lost their way. Randomly generated levels deliver a limitless supply of possibilities to explore and challenges to overcome. Your actions will influence not only your own story, but that of the villagers you hope to befriend and the town you call home.

[top]Fez (PS4, PS3, PS Vita)

[top]
    Free for PS Plus members
    Gomez is a 2D creature living in a 2D world. Or is he? When the existence of a mysterious 3rd dimension is revealed to him, Gomez is sent out on a journey that will take him to the very end of time and space. Use your ability to navigate 3D structures from 4 distinct classic 2D perspectives. Explore a serene and beautiful open-ended world full of secrets, puzzles and hidden treasures. Unearth the mysteries of the past and discover the truth about reality and perception. Change your perspective and look at the world in a different way.

[top]Crysis 3 (PS3)

[top]
    Free for PS Plus members
    Crytek’s highly-acclaimed sandbox gameplay shooter is back.
    • Seven Wonders of the Urban Rainforest – New York City has been contained in a giant nanodome and grown into a unique rainforest with seven distinct environments. Master the ultimate sandbox and turn it into your own personal hunting ground.
    • Assess, Adapt, and Attack – Crysis’s highly-acclaimed sandbox gameplay is back with more open levels to let players choose their path and approach. Your upgraded Nanosuit allows brute force or stealth, always giving you more than one option.
    • The Biggest and Most Explosive Arsenal in Franchise History – In addition to giving you an arsenal of human firearms, Crysis 3 lets you scavenge alien weapons and deploy an all-new Predator bow.

[top]Proteus (PS3, PS Vita)

[top]
    Free for PS Plus members
    Proteus is a game about exploration and immersion in a dream-like island world where the soundtrack to your play is created by your surroundings. The primary means of interaction is simply your presence in the world and how you observe it.

[top]Metrico (PS Vita)

[top]
    Free for PS Plus members
    Metrico is a new world. A living world filled with infographics that react directly to your movement, actions and input. Metrico invites you to explore, experiment, test your skills and most of all: think outside the box.
    Immerse yourself in this experience, exclusive to PlayStation Vita system, and see if you have got what it takes!

[top]Dragon’s Crown (PS Vita, PS3)

[top]
    Free for PS Plus members
    Dragon’s Crown is a multiplayer hack and slash beat ‘em up game with breathtaking visual style, a design built around cooperative play and epic boss fights, and the ability to discover a new adventure in every play session. Dragon’s Crown allows up to four players to team up online to clear out monster-ridden dungeons, discover precious treasure, and destroy awe-inspiring bosses.

Source: US PSblog
    Last edited by Faust; 07-30-2014 at 11:33 AM.

PRO Member

All of the fake leaks had me hoping for Octodad but this isn't bad either. I'll probably get everything but Crysis. Not a bad month.

Lvl 6 - Silver

So glad I didn't buy Dragon's Crown last week for the PS3, already own it on the Vita. I like this update as I usually do. Thanks Vettes

★ Extra Astronomical ★

Hit me up if you wanna play Dragon's Crown...fucking loved that game.

Starting REORC Soon AGAIN

Wah Wah Wahhhhhhhhhhhh THANX PS
    Sig by Djunglist & Avy by Dare
    Made by Pancake Model

Kiwi Defender

Well, at least Dragon's Crown is there, and Proteus looks like a fun, albeit short, experience.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Do we need to know the story of Crysis 1 and 2 to play 3? I've been interested in the series but don't know if I should get the first 2 games first.

Word is Bond

Been wanting to try Proteus...guess I'll get Crysis 3 while I'm at it.

Grandmasterpiece

Meh, no heavy hitters, but free, so yay free things.

Outdated Plat-bar by ThunderStick, sig by DaRe, avatar by ROBO3AG13
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel! Vote on my Playstation Grandmasterpiece HERE!

Lvl 7 - Gold

Only Dragon Crown for me. Damn you PS+. I was hoping for games I didn't want. Oh well one more for the backlog.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I just bought Dragons Crown today god dammit ;~:

Bringing the PAIN

Well I wanted FEZ... Otherwise meh...

Avi by:dsluckay
    Sig by:In2

PRO Member

Nice to see Dragon's Crown free as I had rented it some time back. Crysis 3 will be another shooter I do badly with... if I ever get around to it.
    I don't know much about the rest, but I'm not one to hate a Plus update just to be with the "in" crowd. Unusual, I know.

Amazing Sig and Avy by DaRe

"It's not the critic who counts. The credit goes to the man who is actually in the arena." --
    Theodore Roosevelt.

Plats-O'-War!!

Got Dragon's Crown already. Been meaning to pick up Crysis 3 to it for some time now. Not a bad month overall.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Crysis and fez for me, thanks

Lvl 4 - Silver

Cool, the only ones I have in this batch are Dragon's Crown and Fez (I have Proteus on PC, but that doesn't count). I'll happily pick the rest of these up, and I'm quite interested in both Road Not Taken and Metrico.
    The Jolly Green Giant
    Has a stable full of hos
    Except instead of ladies
    He pimps out potatoes

-Roast Beef

Vacation - 26th September

Crysis 3 - Another ultra rare plat for me... Challenge accepted!

Avatar & GDT bar made by djunglist / Signature made by dsluckay / PPS bar made by RaveNScythE18

O_o

Quote Originally Posted by Smashguy View Post
    Crysis 3 - Another ultra rare plat for me... Challenge accepted!
    S'not too tough, but much better than 2.

Lvl 7 - Gold

I've been meaning to get dragons crown for a long time and finally hits PS+. Sweet.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Another month of disappointment! Oh well there's always Sept.

Vote for my picture at this link http://bit.ly/1pvM6C5

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast