EU PlayStation Plus Update for September, 2014

This is a discussion on EU PlayStation Plus Update for September, 2014 within the PlayStation & Trophy News forum, part of the PS3Trophies.com Headquarters; [hide] [top] New on PlayStation 4 First up this month on PS4 , we welcome the highly addictive arcade shoot ...

KCCO!

EU PlayStation Plus Update for September, 2014

[top]New on PlayStation 4

First up this month on PS4, we welcome the highly addictive arcade shoot ‘em up sequel Velocity 2X.

Infiltrate space stations, moon bases and alien planets to disrupt the crushing tyranny imposed by the evil Vokh Empire. Engage the Quarp Drive teleport to outsmart the enemy in race-tuned space combat, then dock your ship, jump out and run around on foot to infiltrate enemy bases. Once you’ve disabled internal defences, jump back into the Quarp Jet and continue your mission!

Next up, is the critically acclaimed Sportsfriends – a tightly-knit compendium of local multiplayer games for living rooms, parties and even your backyard.

Whether you’re into retro-style fighting games or fancy some pole vault duelling there is definitely something to keep everyone entertained in this incredible social experience. Best of all, you can pick this up on both PS3 and PS4, so grab your friends and challenge them to some hilarious sporting action!

[top]New on PlayStation 3

First up on PS3 this month comes explosive brawler PlayStation Allstars Battle Royale. This supercharged showdown is a celebration of the stars and games that made PlayStation a household name. Not only can you play as your favourite hero, villain or mascot – you also get to duke it out in some famous PlayStation settings.

Take on up to three of your friends offline and via PlayStation Network across a variety of competitive and co-operative modes as you fight on constantly evolving battle arenas. As an added bonus you can also pick up the PS Vita version to keep battling on the move.

Next up burn villages, kidnap the princess and incinerate thieves in your quest to gather the most gold whilst obtaining over 100 badges in four game modes across 35 levels. Hoard is an addictive blend of arcade action and strategy that allows you to play with or against friends in four player co-op mode and competitive multiplayer.

[top]New on PS Vita

First up on PS Vita this month is Llamasoft’s highly addictive psychedelic tube shooter TxK. The spiritual successor to retro classic Tempest, TxK brings you 100 levels of score-chasing gameplay married to an outstanding soundtrack that will have your head nodding as you blast your way onto the leaderboards.

In our final offering this month take Joe Danger on a ride from zero to hero in a game that lives up to its PS3 big brother with no compromises. Eye-popping super-smooth 60FPS graphics use only the very brightest colours on the PS Vita’s lovely screen, and there’s a revamped control scheme so it plays just as nicely, too – including touch controls for the editor modes!

[top]In summary

Leaving PS Plus:
    3rd September: Road Not Taken
    3rd September: FEZ
    3rd September: Crysis 3
    3rd September: Proteus
    3rd September: Metrico
    3rd September: LEGO Harry Potter 5-7 Years

Entering PS Plus:

3rd September: Velocity 2X
    3rd September: Sportsfriends
    3rd September: PlayStation Allstars Battle Royale
    3rd September: Hoard
    3rd September: TxK
    3rd September: Joe Danger PS Vita

Don’t miss out! Make sure add any of the games scheduled to leave the service to your download list now to ensure you get to play them!

Source: EU PS Blog.

You Know You Love Me

This update suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    Yeah bigtime...

Working on: The next platinum trophy!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Very weak months, but that just means my backlog won't grow this month

Lvl 4 - Silver

Not even sure if I'll download anything this time. Definitely the worst month since I purchased my PS+ access. The good thing is it can only get better next month (unless there is a sports game again).

Carpe Diem

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    indeed. The last few months have been shit

Big thanks to Bladia for awesome sig
    "Unfortunately the Nazi's don't play cricket - if they did, we wouldn't be on opposite sides now."

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

I'd say it only sucks for one reason. If you don't own a Vita.

Joe Danger, Velocity, TxK and PS All Stars all available on the Vita side of the IGC this month, and Don't Starve will also be free for it next week (provided you downloaded the PS4 version before). Me? I own a Vita, so this is a fine month for me.

Perhaps I'm in the minority, but I'd always prefer a bunch of lesser known titles I never got to play before, or those in new formats, above being given a Bioshock Infinite or a Tomb Raider. Those games are great, but I've played them, and by the time these sorts of games do reach Plus, I rarely want to play them again.

I do enjoy the monthly PS Blog whingers though, who squeal about these ''shitty indie games'' on PS Plus and then demand a game like Knack a mere breath later.

Galaxy beauty pirate

Probably will download Allstars battle royale and Joe Danger upcoming month.
    Sig by Ramon

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Nothing special except PS Allstars Battle Royale, been meaning to pick that up for awhile and now it's free! Plus with it being free for all PS+ members they'll be plenty of people playing to get the online trophies.

PRO Member

Very disappointing update, only thing I'm interested in is Playstation All-Stars... so there is something for me but come on, I never even heard of Hoard before, and please some good Vita games for once.

Lvl 7 - Gold

nice to get ps allstars but crappy month........ this years decent run is def over

Lvl 7 - Gold

I own a Vita too, some games look like fun actually, so i'm gonna try them out

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Where are the good games, this sucks psn

Roo Commander

Pretty shit update, only going to get PS Allstars.

Aes Dana

Could be worse?.....