Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

PlayStation Plus Update April 2016

This is a discussion on PlayStation Plus Update April 2016 within the PlayStation & Trophy News forum, part of the PS3Trophies.com Headquarters; Hi everyone — we’re happy to announce the PS4 Plus games for April. Pilot a warship escaping from a dying ...

Plats-O'-War!!

PlayStation Plus Update April 2016

Hi everyone — we’re happy to announce the PS4 Plus games for April. Pilot a warship escaping from a dying star in Dead Star or survive a zombie-infested London in Zombi on PS4.

First up we have Dead Star, a team-based shooter with RPG influence that we are excited to have launch as a Plus game. Dreamed up by the folks at Armature Studio (Founded by key members of the Metroid Prime team!), Dead Star is the result of a “Wouldn’t it be cool if…” process that started with a space shooter foundation and includes elements of strategy and MOBA-like titles.

The result is a 20-player online experience that’s easy to pick up and play, but also offers a great deal of depth (skill trees, ship upgrades, team strategy, and more). Dead Star has been a big hit at shows like PlayStation Experience and PAX South where players are finding something really special.

The second PS4 game this month is Zombi, a first-person survival-horror experience. Zombi really was at the forefront of the resurgence we’ve seen in recent years of genuine survival-horror games. The London setting combined with well-paced gameplay sets Zombi apart from more action-oriented titles. Add in the extra challenge of permadeath and it’s easy to see why this game became a cult hit.

In the last several years we’ve seen a lot of experimentation with the blending of genres. This month’s PS4 titles are shining examples of the kinds of mashups that create a lot of rich and layered gaming experiences.

So, in addition to your opinions on this month’s PS Plus titles, I’d also like to hear about your thoughts on game genres, what you find appealing, and why.

[top]Full Lineup:

• A Virus Named Tom, PS Vita
    • Dead Star, PS4
    • I Am Alive, PS3
    • Savage Moon, PS3
    • Shutshimi, PS Vita
    • Zombi, PS4
    See you in the comments section. Enjoy.

Legalize it...

We just got I Am Alive free this month? Guessing they will change it at the last second like they did with Super Stardust...

Edit: Nevermind. Saw this on the blog post:

Kurolegacy7 on March 30th, 2016 at 8:47 am said: I am Alive was available for free for only around a day. Then replaced back by super stardust. It was an accident that it was free on plus. It was meant for this month, not last month.

PRO Member

I figured I Am Alive was meant for April after being mismarked as a Plus game back in March.
    I don't know much about these games, except for Savage Moon (since I bought it back in 2009). At least there are Vita games I don't have this time. Of course, with my backlog being as giant as it is, that might not be a good thing!

Avy and 10K Checklist Elite Bar by DaRe

"It's not the critic who counts. The credit goes to the man who is actually in the arena." --
    Theodore Roosevelt.

I don't expect to win an argument when I'm outnumbered -- but sometimes you just have to stand.

Plats-O'-War!!

Quote Originally Posted by JDizzle0420 View Post
    We just got I Am Alive free this month? Guessing they will change it at the last second like they did with Super Stardust...

Edit: Nevermind. Saw this on the blog post:

Kurolegacy7 on March 30th, 2016 at 8:47 am said: I am Alive was available for free for only around a day. Then replaced back by super stardust. It was an accident that it was free on plus. It was meant for this month, not last month.
    I'm good with it since I got I Am Alive for free thanks to their screw-up lol. Looking forward to the sales.

Legalize it...

Quote Originally Posted by kidson2004 View Post
    I'm good with it since I got I Am Alive for free thanks to their screw-up lol. Looking forward to the sales.
    Yeah, after seeing that I had to go get Super Stardust before it left PS+. Glad I saw that post before I missed it...

Forget I Was Ever Here

april fools?

It is time for me to go underground

PRO Member

Go look at what this month's free games are for Xbox and you will once again be extremely disappointed with Sony...

Legalize it...

Quote Originally Posted by glogantn View Post
    Go look at what this month's free games are for Xbox and you will once again be extremely disappointed with Sony...
    Wow. 3 great games. Well SR4 isnt that good. But for free it is lol. Never played Sunset Overdrive though...

Banned

Dead Star and A Virus Named Tom don't have any trophies. Is Zombi good?

Kiwi Defender

Wow. 3 great games. Well SR4 isnt that good. But for free it is lol. Never played Sunset Overdrive though...

No idea if it is, but it certainly looks a lot of fun lol.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lvl 4 - Silver

ah, good, i meant to buy zombi for some time and haven't
    nows my chance to join in the fun
    Add me if you want (soulless94), as long as you don't randomly delete me for no reason
    If I randomly add you, it's because you're awesome...wanted an answer? There it is. =]
    -----
    Cops don't protect against mugging, abuse, or grand theft. I thought you should know how great your "protectors" are.
    -----
    Myanimelist - Ryxia6392

Negator

All four of those games are neat and everything, but they're certainly not Savage Moon.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Plats-O'-War!!

Cute. 3 of them I own, 2 of them I platted, with SR4 in the Queue, so this isn't "disappointing" to me.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Zombi was originally a WiiU launch title that, while very well received by critics and fans alike, it didn't really sell many copies, which scrapped the planned sequel for it and forced the developers to later make a PS4/Xbox One port of the game to make a little money back on it. A lot of people credit the game's failure to it being on the WiiU exclusively, which was what actually made the game great. For PS4/Xbox One they changed a couple mechanics to allow it to play better without the WiiU's gamepad, but it's pretty much just a straight port.

I own Zombi for PS4 as well as both PS3 games. If I'm gonna renew my PS+ subscription in April, its gonna be like on the 28th or so cuz no matter how good Dead Star looks/is, it's not worth the $50 for the subscription if next month is garbage too

PRO Member

Cock... the ONE time a game comes out that I'd actually download from PS+ and I've bought the damn thing!

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by Yoo_Hoo_Sniper View Post
    april fools?
    If it was an April Fools joke then they would have offered us games they already offered us or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by ScaryAbel210 View Post
    Dead Star and A Virus Named Tom don't have any trophies. Is Zombi good?

http://psntrophyleaders.com/game/vie...med-tom-psvita

and Dead Star list will be up in a few days.
    Last edited by Helyx; 03-31-2016 at 10:17 AM.

Lvl 5 - Silver

Wasn't I Am Alive a free game before ? Guess zombie is the only game worth trying
    *Info Bar: Boosting : Borderlands 2 / Latest: Uncharted 4: A Thief`s End

Legalize it...

Quote Originally Posted by HIT2MAN View Post
    Wasn't I Am Alive a free game before ? Guess zombie is the only game worth trying
    It was free earlier this month on accident...

From PS Blog:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MAXTHUNDER View Post
    PSN Trophy Leaders | A Virus Named TOM

and Dead Star list will be up in a few days.
    Oh, I didn't know about A Virus Named Tom already has the trophies. I tried to search its title and then there were no trophies in this game. Maybe the computer got messed. Thanks, Max. Let's see if Dead Star has the trophies before Tuesday.

La Mano de Dios

Zombi and I Am Alive seem to be the only ones I'll be getting. Still waiting for free Persona 4 Golden on Vita

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast