NIS America Will No Longer Publish Atlus Games In Europe

This is a discussion on NIS America Will No Longer Publish Atlus Games In Europe within the PlayStation & Trophy News forum, part of the PS3Trophies.com Headquarters; NIS America will no longer publish Atlus titles in Europe, the company announced. Speaking to MCV , NIS America MD ...

Plats-O'-War!!

NIS America Will No Longer Publish Atlus Games In Europe

NIS America will no longer publish Atlus titles in Europe, the company announced.

Speaking to MCV, NIS America MD Takuro Yamashita said it has become increasingly difficult to work with Atlus since it was purchased by Sega.

“Around ten days ago, we terminated our alliance with Atlus in Europe and the US,” Yamashita told MCV.

“Atlus became very picky about selecting the European publishing partner after it was bought by Sega. It always cherry picked its EU publishing partner based on who offered the highest minimum guarantee on a title by title basis. I noticed that it was very difficult for NIS America to establish an equal-partnership with Atlus.

“Atlus and its European games have contributed a lot to the expansion of NIS America in Europe. I would like to express my greatest appreciation to them for that.”

In addition to not publishing Atlus titles in Europe, titles from NIS America will also not be distributed by Atlus in the Americas.
    In the past, NIS America released Atlus titles including Persona 4 Golden (pictured), Etrian Odyssey Untold 2: The Fafnir Knight, and Persona Q in Europe.

NIS America will no longer publish Atlus games in Europe - Gematsu

Lvl 9 - Gold

Hmm. Now I wonder who will publish the games from them here.

Lvl 4 - Silver

well, i'm not gonna import my shit
    is it still gonna be on the digital stores?
    if not, i'm sad to see it go, but there's nothing i can really do
    bye, atlus
    Add me if you want (soulless94), as long as you don't randomly delete me for no reason
    If I randomly add you, it's because you're awesome...wanted an answer? There it is. =]
    -----
    Cops don't protect against mugging, abuse, or grand theft. I thought you should know how great your "protectors" are.
    -----
    Myanimelist - Ryxia6392