PlayStation Plus Price Increase

This is a discussion on PlayStation Plus Price Increase within the PlayStation & Trophy News forum, part of the PS3Trophies.com Headquarters; Straight from the August PS+ Update page. I'll post the updated announcement on here: Update: Starting on September 22, 2016, ...

Plats-O'-War!!

PlayStation Plus Price Increase

Straight from the August PS+ Update page. I'll post the updated announcement on here:

Update: Starting on September 22, 2016, prices for PlayStation Plus memberships will change to $59.99 USD/ $69.99 CAD for twelve months and $24.99 USD/$29.99 CAD for three months. The monthly plan will change to $11.99 CAD in Canada, and remain $9.99 USD in the U.S. If you are a current member, the new prices will take effect if your membership renews on or after this date.

PlayStation Plus strives to enrich your PlayStation experience through a world-class service built for our fans. This marks the first time that PS Plus membership prices will increase in the U.S. and Canada since the launch of the service in 2010. The new pricing reflects the current market conditions while enabling us to continue providing exceptional value to our members. As a member, you will continue to enjoy the benefits and features that enable shared experiences, such as online multiplayer, free games, and exclusive discounts. You will also continue to get exclusive benefits such as online game save storage and discounts across the PlayStation digital services.

If you do not wish to continue your subscription, please be sure to cancel it by turning off auto-renewal in your account settings before September 22, 2016.

We thank all of you, our PlayStation Plus members, for your ongoing support.
    http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/...r-august-2016/

Also, this is another source coming from the IGN website:

Sony has announced that, starting September 22, PlayStation Plus membership costs for will rise for yearly and three-monthly plans in the US and Canada.

Revealed on the PlayStation Blog, yearly subscriptions will rise to $59.99 USD/$69.99 CAD (a 10 and 20 dollar increase, respectively), and three-month subscriptions to $24.99 USD/$29.99 CAD.

Monthly subscriptions will also rise to $11.99 in Canada, but will remain at $9.99 in the US.

"This marks the first time that PS Plus membership prices will increase in the U.S. and Canada since the launch of the service in 2010", reads Sony's statement. "The new pricing reflects the current market conditions while enabling us to continue providing exceptional value to our members."

No statement has yet been made about UK or Australian PlayStation Plus pricing changes - IGN has contacted Sony for comment on that.
    To avoid the new charges, Sony recommends turning off auto-renewal in your account settings before September 22.
    PlayStation Plus Subscription Prices to Rise Next Month - IGN

What do you think of this madness!?

Negator

I expected an increase in NA, since other regions previously had an increase in the price.

Let's just hope this means better content and better support for the future.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Plats-O'-War!!

Quote Originally Posted by Helyx View Post
    I expected an increase in NA, since other regions previously had an increase in the price.

This and better discounts lol

Legalize it...

I'm just hoping for a more stable PSN. Maybe stop throttling our upload speed so share play will work better etc...

Lvl 5 - Silver

Better make some space for dem incoming free AAA games
    *Info Bar: Boosting : Borderlands 2 / Latest: Uncharted 4: A Thief`s End

DELTA CUBES, DELTA CUBES!

I was sincere in the other post. Would have no idea if you hadn't posted.

Good thing I got 2 1-year cards for $34 each on eBay last month
    Avy by DaRe_xLw

The Deathly Rhythm

They better give out better games every month
    Avy and Sig made by the awesome DaRe_xLw

Feel free to add me: New PSN ID AzureBlaze99

Forget I Was Ever Here

Quote Originally Posted by JDizzle0420 View Post
    I'm just hoping for a more stable PSN. Maybe stop throttling our upload speed so share play will work better etc...
    get a new internet provider

It is time for me to go underground

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Yoo_Hoo_Sniper View Post
    Don't most internet providers throttle? The 4 big ones we have around here all throttle to a degree, a couple less than the other 2, but still, and I live in populated suburbs.

Also I was curious, would getting like 5 1-year PS+ sub cards now for the current price (or cheaper thru other sellers, like how eBay was already mentioned), and then activating them all at once or before the current subscription expires, that'd work right? And which of those two methods would be better?

Kiwi Defender

I'd like to know what's the reason behind the price increase. If I'm not mistaken, they did it when (or shortly after) the monolith was released, so this would make two prince hikes since its launch. To make things worse, the discounts and free games have been really lame lately, too.

Quote Originally Posted by jaws-ate View Post
    Also I was curious, would getting like 5 1-year PS+ sub cards now for the current price (or cheaper thru other sellers, like how eBay was already mentioned), and then activating them all at once or before the current subscription expires, that'd work right? And which of those two methods would be better?
    Yes, it'd work (unless those codes expire, which I ignore since I never read the small print). As for what'd be the better method, I suppose it depends on where you find them cheaper .

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Legalize it...

Quote Originally Posted by Yoo_Hoo_Sniper View Post
    My internet is fine. I mean, not right now lol. But itll be fixed soon...Hopefully

Sony needs to step their game up. Ive been saying it for years. I have 75/75 internet and between them throttling and the shitty net cards in the PS3/4 I dont get anywhere near those speeds, even when wired. The DL speeds are pretty decent most the time, but sometimes theyre crazy slow, and the upload speeds have always been a joke on PSN...

Lvl 5 - Silver

The price "hike" is totally acceptable and makes sense, especially considering inflation and probably a higher demand from their partners to get the deals they offer et cetera. If a few more bucks a year is that big of a deal to you, then you probably shouldn't be paying it anyway. I mean considering how many great games I have gotten for like 90% off over the years, the cost of Plus is negligible. It's the way business works; people complained just the same as when Netflix raised their price by like barely anything but then once it became clear that after the increase they also got better deals with partners then the complaints basically ceased. Just my two cents!

Venire, Videre, Vince

Quote Originally Posted by HIT2MAN View Post
    Better make some space for dem incoming free AAA games
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratos06 View Post
    They better give out better games every month
    I am with you guys on this!

INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Helyx View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kidson2004 View Post
    This and better discounts lol
    good jokes

they are first place, their arrogance has returned, why should they give a shit about what you want

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    good jokes

they are first place, their arrogance has returned, why should they give a shit about what you want
    To turn a profit in the long-term, obviously. No one wants to be Nintendo and have profits in the short-term (which was 8 years ago) if that means loss after loss after loss in the following years.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lvl 10 - Platinum

My internet is fine. I mean, not right now lol. But itll be fixed soon...Hopefully

Sony needs to step their game up. Ive been saying it for years. I have 75/75 internet and between them throttling and the shitty net cards in the PS3/4 I dont get anywhere near those speeds, even when wired. The DL speeds are pretty decent most the time, but sometimes theyre crazy slow, and the upload speeds have always been a joke on PSN...
    I've never had any problems downloading anything. Of course I'm in Canada where we get the highest internet bills. Of course we get consistent speed. The Titanfall 2 tech demo/beta took me between 10 and 20 minutes to download which at over 12gb is pretty decent.

I will not be renewing my PS+ unless it starts giving out better games or better sales because I don't play online on my PS4 only my PS3.

The One and Only

Would've been nice if they made an official message about it instead of sneaking it in an old thread, trying to be sneaky and shit.

Other than that I don't really mind, as long as something good comes out of the price increase.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig, Avy, and Bar Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist getting revived soon!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop, currently open!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Legalize it...

And now PSN is down lol...

Back up. Was down for about 2 hours...
    Last edited by JDizzle0420; 09-01-2016 at 09:49 PM.

Game on....

I will keep getting the yearly PS Plus subscription over here in the UK as there isn't a price increase on it thankfully.