Crow's Nest - trophy bah...roken?

This is a discussion on Crow's Nest - trophy bah...roken? within the Port Royale 3: Pirates & Merchants forum, part of the P; Anyone managed to pop this god-awful trophy? It's for discovering 10 pirate hideouts in a single game, which I've now ...

illegal in 9 countries

Crow's Nest - trophy bah...roken?

Anyone managed to pop this god-awful trophy? It's for discovering 10 pirate hideouts in a single game, which I've now done twice.

I've manually discovered at least 15 of the 18 hideouts found in one game (v 1.0, no DLC) and 13 of 15 in another (v1.2 with DLC) and yet...no trophy. The only thing I haven't done is reveal 10 on the map concurrently, but the game seems to limit them to 6 at a time.

What's the secret sauce? If you've popped it, did you have -

1. DLC installed, or no DLC?
    2. Patch 1.2 installed, or no patch?
    3. All 10 hideouts exposed on the map at the same time, or is it safe to kill them off?

Crow's Nest has me fucked with a big stick... Port Royale 3 is a massive grind and I'm not looking forward to starting again just for one freaking trophy.
    Last edited by ant1th3s1s; 03-07-2013 at 10:54 PM.

PSN | Steam | XBL | Wii U | 3DS | iOS | OUYA : ant1th3s1s | Checklist of the Year (2012,2013)

illegal in 9 countries

I figured it out. To get this trophy you have to discover the hideout with no help from Informers. Don't buy hints on Pirate locations at Taverns, simply find a pirate and track it back to its lair.

Crow's Nest finally popped for me on the 23rd hideout and I'm certain I more than met the requirements well before then. With that in mind, if you are going for the on this game, go to Options and increase the Pirates setting to maximum strength once you have your trade routes and warehouses established, with a couple of million in the bank. Not only will it help with Crow's Nest, it will take care of another half-dozen grind trophies and cut your playtime in half.

PSN | Steam | XBL | Wii U | 3DS | iOS | OUYA : ant1th3s1s | Checklist of the Year (2012,2013)

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Thanks for the tip ant. I am going for this plat eventually. That will help me a lot.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Super hint !!!
    to be honest, i already had a suspicion about those informers,so i already stopped taking/buying those hints,
    but you still deserve a rep-point for this!