View Poll Results: How difficult is it to earn the platinum trophy for this game?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 - Very Easy

6 28.57%
  • 2 - Easy

11 52.38%
  • 3 - Moderate

4 19.05%
  • 4 - Hard

0 0%
  • 5 - Very Hard

0 0%

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread within the Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time forum, part of the P; This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread , but it also has a poll. Please do not vote ...

Retired TGT Member

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread, but it also has a poll. Please do not vote in the poll until you have earned the platinum trophy for this game. That being said, we invite you to post below and discuss the difficult aspects of the game, even if you do not yet have the platinum trophy in your collection.

When you post, give more than just a number. Give reasons why you feel the game is easy or hard. What parts of the game are easy or hard? Were there collectibles? Were they a pain? Is there a required online component? How easy or hard is the online portion? What is the most frustrating part about the game?

Once you have obtained the platinum trophy, feel free to return to this thread and post your official vote. Say something to the effect of "I give this a 2 because there was only one tough spot and the collectibles were easy to find". At this point, you may also add your vote to the poll.

The poll is public, meaning everyone can see how you vote.

Obvious spamming will not be tolerated. Moderators will take action against obvious spammers as necessary*.

*NOTE: This Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread and others like it constitute an Official Site Feature here at PS3T.com. Misuse of this thread or this poll may count as an abuse of a site feature which is expressly forbidden in the site rules. Moderators will give punishments as necessary.

I'm back...kinda

2 Easy This was a fast and easy platinum but one trophy that was annoying was Gamemaster as part of the selling point of this game was using the Sands of time to save yourself from dying but it can only be use under 20 times. Also there is collectibles as well and most are not hard to find.

Team Dingleberry

Easy. Collectibles are pretty easy, and it's not difficult to die under 20 times during the game. The hardest part is by far the elevator ride.

PRO Member

Easy. I loved playing this game on PS2, and I loved it just as much when I played through it on PS3. I had to play through it a 2nd time for, I believe, 2 trophies, but otherwise it was just an overall fun time.

The Prince Of Persia series has always been the games that I'd had the most FUN playing (Assassin's Creed series is a close 2nd, if only it wasn't for the stupid Multiplayer trophies).

Good times, good times.
    My PS3 Plats:
    Assassin's Creed II, Batman: Arkham Asylum, Beyond: Two Souls, God of War, God of War II, Heavy
    Rain, ICO, inFAMOUS, inFAMOUS 2, L.A. Noire, Prince of Persia, Prince of Persia: The Forgotten
    Sands, Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus, Sly 2:
    Band of Thieves, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves,
    Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception, The Walking Dead: Season One
    My PS4 Plats:
    Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, inFAMOUS: Second Son, Murdered: Soul Suspect

PRO Member

Easy fun adventure game took me bout 10h the most challenging part was the Elevator fight

Lvl 4 - Silver

One of my favourite games! Nothing really troubled me except the collectibles, but even then they were fairly easy too.

Sig by Dsluckay/ Avy by In2
    "I know why you're here. And we're all here, cause we're not all there."

PRO Member

1 - Very Easy. This game is really easy to platinum, just make sure you follow a good collectibles guide and you should be all set for an easy platinum. I must also say that this is my favourite PoP game of all time .

PSN: CasualStorm
    Steam: CasualStorm
    My Blog: PlayStation Room | Gaming News, Articles & Reports

Nope, nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Kylo View Post
    1 - Very Easy. This game is really easy to platinum, just make sure you follow a good collectibles guide and you should be all set for an easy platinum.
    Same reasons as this really

PRO Member

Very easy, if you know what you are doing this platinum shouldn't be a problem.

Lvl 4 - Silver

MODERATE My first playthrough was time consuming, couldnt figure out where the hell to go, other than that and some collectibles it shoudnt be a problem.

A Vampire with a Soul

it took me longer than expected so moderate

ToQ Rokugou

1 wasn't all that hard except the elevator stage that was a pain and the cheat code still works from the ps2 game to refill the sand so it was super easy to spam for the use the sands of time over 200, also the only issue i really had was the glitches where the game would freeze but 9 times out of 10 it was cause i was downloading something that is my only real gripe to the game. very fun but imo it just seems short, on to part 2 of the trilogy

Lvl 1 - Bronze

for me unlike everyone else, my biggest problem fight was the drawbridge, somehow, i got lucky during the elevator fight, maybe because i over anticipated, and practiced all different types of fight styles to be ready, but that draw bridge fight made me restart about 50 times. other than that, typical failing puzzles got annoying, i gave this a 2 as anyone who can understand this style of game can destroy it in a very short time, i for one am just now devirginized of this style of game. it was fun though, i did solve everything without guides except for the collectibles.

Fight Off Your Demons

Easy. Short, and nothing tough. Even the collectibles aren't very hard.

Lvl 6 - Silver

I voted 2 easy, the collectibles can be a bit annoying and the elevator fight is the only challenging part of the game

Change is good

2 Easy due to the fact that it does take some time for the trophies, and if you have to replay the game it will get tedious (like in my case). Nothing bad at all though.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Easy. I didn't pay attention to the collectibles on the first run because I wanted to enjoy the game. Still I read the trophy guide before and made sure I wouldn't rewind more than 20 times to get that trophy on my first run. That made some situations quite annoying as I didn't always know where to go and sometimes it was hard to estimate which ledge or pole was the next one to jump to, so I had to repeat some longer sections several times. The never ending and always same fights got quite boring and annoying in the end but except of the elevator fight most of them were still easy to do (the Vizier was a joke). I'd have rated that game moderate if I didn't finish the second run in 4-5 hours. With the knowledge of where to jump and climb to and the option to rewind all the time the game suddenly got really easy and felt like a speed run, so overall I'm rating it easy.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Easy. This game will be a breeze as long as you keep up with a good collectable guide. I had to do two full plays because I died after gathering a sandcloud and I didn't realize it wasn't collected.