Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ratchet and Clank Collection: Difficulty Estimate?

This is a discussion on Ratchet and Clank Collection: Difficulty Estimate? within the Ratchet & Clank forum, part of the R; The R&C Collection drops later this year and I hardly remember them from PS2. How difficult do you think it ...

Retired TGT Member

Ratchet and Clank Collection: Difficulty Estimate?

The R&C Collection drops later this year and I hardly remember them from PS2. How difficult do you think it will be to plat each game?
    • Ratchet & Clank
    • Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando
    • Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal

Dare da Musically Strange

Can't say, I've never played any of those three games, but the ones I have played aren't very hard, so I don't think these would be very hard. Then again, it depends on what they decide to make requirements for trophies. :/

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.14
    My Trophy Checklist.

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop with knuckle, currently taking requests!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 1
    Collabs Due: 0

Retired TGT Member

Quote Originally Posted by DaRe_xLw View Post
    Can't say, I've never played any of those three games, but the ones I have played aren't very hard, so I don't think these would be very hard. Then again, it depends on what they decide to make requirements for trophies. :/
    Tools of Destruction, Crack in Time, and All 4 One were all very easy and fun, so I'm hoping for more of the same. BUT I know some other remasters like Rayman and Jak and Daxter (at least Jak 2 and 3) aren't that easy.

Quote Originally Posted by antoniosbandana View Post
    Tools of Destruction, Crack in Time, and All 4 One were all very easy and fun, so I'm hoping for more of the same. BUT I know some other remasters like Rayman and Jak and Daxter (at least Jak 2 and 3) aren't that easy.
    Rayman 3 has ridiculous collectibles, but other than that it's not that bad.

Jak II hasn't been much of a problem for me so far, but no checkpoints will be a big problem no doubt. Haven't played Jak 3 yet though.

I'm sure they won't be so bad anyway. After all, it's Ratchet and Clank we're talking about here.

DaRe's Journey of Art

DaRe's Adventures v5.14
    My Trophy Checklist.

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Ze Paradox Ninja Assassin

The older Ratchet and Clank's admittedly are a bit more difficult for the most part from recent releases, yet they still won't be very hard. And Jak 2 and 3 are really fun, it just is a bit difficult to get all the Precursor Orbs sometimes.

Edit: This is all from PS2 experience since I really have played all the games they have been releasing as collections on their original systems and played them over-thoroughly multiple times ;D

Blazikiller's Killer Checklist
    My checklist to Glory my dedication and organize my forgetfulness
    Currently Under Long-Term Renovation

Latest Accomplishment
    Mortal Kombat

Current Endeavours

Army of Two: The Devil's Cartel

Lvl 7 - Gold

If the collection is anything like the Ratchet & Clank titles on the PS3 then it shouldn't be too bad. I know I've heard a lot of people say the original games on the PS2 were better, but I haven't heard anything about them being more difficult.

Sig and avatar courtesy of ABSTRACT678
    Platbar courtesy of ThunderStick

Lvl 3 - Bronze

It really depends on what the trophies will be, getting the Gold/Platinum/Titanium bolts will (almost) definetly be a requirement, which isn't too bad (and none of the bolts are unobtainable, can be gotten at anytime), chances are there will be a "beat the game in challenge mode" trophy for each game (fairly easy for the most part, may be troublesome in R&C 1), the only thing that would make this game difficult is if they make the skill points a requirement, some of them can be a real pain to do. Oh, another trophy that could be troublesome if there is getting the RYNO in R&C 1, gathering bolts in that game is a pain, especially with no multiplier.

PRO Member

the games really ain't that difficult although beating the final boss in R&C 1 can prove to be quite difficult without the RYNO which costs a shit ton
    Still though should not be very difficult at all for you guys
    I personally won't be getting the collection because I still have the original PS2 games (same with Jak and daxter and Sly) but I would love to have the plats xD

Thanks to Dsluckay for the signature and Avatar

Currently working on: Max Payne 3, Jak 2 GTA V, Dead Space 2 , Dead Space 3

Future projects: Jak 3

Platinum Procrastinator

Quote Originally Posted by Ratchet2425 View Post
    It really depends on what the trophies will be, getting the Gold/Platinum/Titanium bolts will (almost) definetly be a requirement, which isn't too bad (and none of the bolts are unobtainable, can be gotten at anytime), chances are there will be a "beat the game in challenge mode" trophy for each game (fairly easy for the most part, may be troublesome in R&C 1), the only thing that would make this game difficult is if they make the skill points a requirement, some of them can be a real pain to do. Oh, another trophy that could be troublesome if there is getting the RYNO in R&C 1, gathering bolts in that game is a pain, especially with no multiplier.
    This ^^

I remember hating saving up for the RYNO and like he said, some of the skill points were annoying. Other than that though, I think the collection would still be rated between easy to moderate on the official rating threads in terms of difficulty.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

30STM 23/11/13

I played all 3 and still own the first 2, i think they'll be fairly easy plats. Totally agree with Ratchet2425 that the skill points could be a problem though, hopefully there won't be a trophy for them.

Awesome sig & avy by the Awesome Timeless-Enigma

Retired TGT Member

Well of all the classic series remasters so far, I'm most looking forward to this one. Sounds like these game will be fun and only mildly annoying.

Lvl 7 - Gold

The only PS2 series with commercials that made me want to actually go buy a PS2 (never did though...wasn't into gaming back then as much as I am now). The commercials were just so silly.

This is a definite buy. I just hope they release it digitally...kind of getting tired of buying discs for games I know I'll never get rid of (unless there's like a super awesome collectors edition, with useful stuff...ie. Infamous 2 back-pack).
    <signature>
    [Insert garbage no one gives two fucks about]
    </signature>

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Cannoy wait for this game to come out best games i ever had on the PS2! already Pre-Ordered mine
    Does NOT Accept Blank Friend Requests

Retired TGT Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shuklar View Post
    The only PS2 series with commercials that made me want to actually go buy a PS2 (never did though...wasn't into gaming back then as much as I am now). The commercials were just so silly.

This is a definite buy. I just hope they release it digitally...kind of getting tired of buying discs for games I know I'll never get rid of (unless there's like a super awesome collectors edition, with useful stuff...ie. Infamous 2 back-pack).
    I hope they do exactly what the did for Jak & Daxter. Buy each game individually from PSN for $15 or buy all three for $40. That was you can try one before you get the others, even if that will cost you a bit more money overall. Or if you KNOW you want them, get the pack and save a few bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by antoniosbandana View Post
    I hope they do exactly what the did for Jak & Daxter. Buy each game individually from PSN for $15 or buy all three for $40. That was you can try one before you get the others, even if that will cost you a bit more money overall. Or if you KNOW you want them, get the pack and save a few bucks.
    I agree, but I'l get the physical copy!

DaRe's Journey of Art

DaRe's Adventures v5.14
    My Trophy Checklist.

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Its plugged into the wall

DAMNIT, I'M PUMPED!!! Easy or not this is going to be an awesome trilogy to sit through again. I just hope I can reach to call the trophy guide for one of the games before others... from what I've seen there is a lot of people who want to write it. I would personally not mind co-op writing one.

Oh well.... back on topic. Multiplayer trophies in the third game could occur, which could be a problem. Skill points and Weapon leveling-up could be annoying too, plus the darn collectables (I've really been pissed about collectables lately (doesn't help that the trophy guide I'm currently writing happens to have a little over a 100 collectables (I think (do I use to many parentheses (I think I do))))).

Sig made by Beam. Platbar by Thunder.

Sig made by Beam.
    Platbar made by Thunder.

Aussie Furry, Bitch

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

As long as the skill points aren't required, then it should be easy. If they are in, then we're going to have a really, really big problem.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I reckon that for starters, due to the inclusion of the skill points as trophies, these are going to be harder than A Crack in Time. Also, the ps2 games were already harder to start with. The first game will have the hardest plat, because a fair few key features were not implemented until later (strafing is the main one). Looking forward to replaying these classics on Friday!

Even though not part of the trilogy, I believe Gladiator (Deadlocked in the USA) is getting a remake as well, and that will probably have the easiest plat by far as it was a fairly straightforward game.
    Sig and Avatar made by ABSTRACT678

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Really easy ^^

Its plugged into the wall

Now that I've actually seen the list, I can say...not that bad... let's see.

5/10 for R&C 1
    4/10 for R&C 2
    4.5/10 for R&C 3

Sig made by Beam. Platbar by Thunder.

Sig made by Beam.
    Platbar made by Thunder.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast