View Poll Results: "How difficult is it to earn the platinum trophy for this game?"

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Very Easy

3 15.79%
  • Easy

12 63.16%
  • Moderate

4 21.05%
  • Hard

0 0%
  • Very Hard

0 0%

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread within the Ratchet & Clank forum, part of the R; (banner image pending) This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread , but it also has a poll. Please ...

PRO Member

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

(banner image pending)

This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread, but it also has a poll. Please do not vote in the poll until you have earned the platinum trophy for this game. That being said, we invite you to post below and discuss the difficult aspects of the game, even if you do not yet have the platinum trophy in your collection.

When you post, give more than just a number. Give reasons why you feel the game is easy or hard. What parts of the game are easy or hard? Were there collectibles? Were they a pain? Is there a required online component? How easy or hard is the online portion? What is the most frustrating part about the game?

Once you have obtained the platinum trophy, feel free to return to this thread and post your official vote. Say something to the effect of "I give this a 2 because there was only one tough spot and the collectibles were easy to find". At this point, you may also add your vote to the poll.

The poll is public, meaning everyone can see how you vote.

Obvious spamming will not be tolerated. Moderators will take action against obvious spammers as necessary*.

*NOTE: This Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread and others like it constitute an Official Site Feature here at PS3T.com. Misuse of this thread or this poll may count as an abuse of a site feature which is expressly forbidden in the site rules. Moderators will give punishments as necessary.

Resident PHD

Voted easy. The only thing hard is beating the hoverboard time trial, getting a million bolts and the final boss. If you have the RYNO then the boss is a joke though and there is a glitch to get a million bolts (takes a long time).

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Lvl 4 - Silver

How long does it take to get the million bolts? I've played the game through twice now. Everything was easy to get including the hoverboard skill points because I played my PS2 version so many times. I think I got the fast time on my 3rd try. The only skill point that was challenging for me was the swimming through everything without taking a hit but I did get it. I almost have 200,000 bolts in my hand. I've bought everything so I've obviously had more than that throughout the game. I'm just so bored doing nothing but hunting bolts. I want to just concentrate on R&C 2. Instead, I force myself to get 25,000 bolts every time I play before moving on to R&C 2. It's the only way I can stay sane with this quest. How much longer please?

Resident PHD

Quote Originally Posted by emosgirl View Post
    How long does it take to get the million bolts? I've played the game through twice now. Everything was easy to get including the hoverboard skill points because I played my PS2 version so many times. I think I got the fast time on my 3rd try. The only skill point that was challenging for me was the swimming through everything without taking a hit but I did get it. I almost have 200,000 bolts in my hand. I've bought everything so I've obviously had more than that throughout the game. I'm just so bored doing nothing but hunting bolts. I want to just concentrate on R&C 2. Instead, I force myself to get 25,000 bolts every time I play before moving on to R&C 2. It's the only way I can stay sane with this quest. How much longer please?
    Just use the glitch and leave your ps3 on while you watch a movie, do the dishes, walk the dog whatever. I beat the game through twice in a row so I felt justified using the glitch

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Lvl 6 - Silver

Voted easy, the only thing is time consuming bolt grind.

Hero of Kvatch

Easy. The only trophy that was a problem was Speedybut I managed to glitch it with a time of 1:36.00, and later one beat 1:35 when I had the Zoomerator. With the bolt glitch, the bolt collecting trophy became a doddle.

"War, war never changes."

Trophies soon.

2 easy or 4/10 Only thing that was kinda tough was Speedy . Of course the 1 millions bolts takes a while to do even if you do the bolt glitch. I remember the final boss being hard way back when I rented the game but now he didn't seem that bad.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Okay, I finally finished it. Well, I haven't played my PS3 that much lately so don't think I was grinding every day. I voted easy with the only "hard" trophy being the million bolts. That was unreasonable because it's so hard to farm for them. Since my last post, I pulled out my calculator and did the math. I only had to make it to 166,000 more bolts. I couldn't justify taking a shortcut since I wasn't that far off so I did it the long way and am so glad I did because that platinum trophy is now my favorite.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Voted moderate for no other reason that, without the bolt glitch, this would take ages. Also think it is no harder that Ratchet and Clank 2. Going to play something else before trying number 3.

Lvl 9 - Gold

I voted easy. The bolt grind is a pain but it is not hard, just takes some dedication. I was on my fourth playthrough (plus some random level grinds) when the million rolled over. Other than that everything else is pretty simple. The hoverboard race takes a little practice but again it wasn't hard just a little time consuming.
    "I do not agree with a word you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."- Voltaire

The First Wrestling Platinum Grand Slam Winner on PS3Trophies.com

Trophy Checklist: http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/tr...-doghouse.html

Lvl 1 - Bronze

EASY - The only annoying thing was getting the bolts, but it isn't hard. Did a bit of glitching for it admittedly but once I got the RYNO I just kept playing until it popped.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Easy. Fun game that brought me back to my ps2 days was so pleased when I saw these Ono the ps store.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Voted 2, I did this on an old profile and did it again recently. For me, the only challenging trophy is the Million Bolts trophy which I could do but it seriously would take forever just straight up grinding. The cheat is hard to learn at first but once you get inside the first time, it's pretty easy. Speedy wasn't too hard and I played this game so many times on PS2 that the final boss isn't hard to me anymore, it's just a routine.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Very Easy. Nothing about this game was hard, just time consuming getting the 1 Million bolts trophy.

LOVER OF BIOPUNK !!!!

Voted very easy. Game was very easy to get plat on. Pretty good game to play too.

ToQ Rokugou

2 easy the bolt glitch works wonders in grinding the sadly 25 hours solid it took for me to get that trophy, other then that a skill point here and there as headaches a fun ps2 remake and a fun plat to earn
    Last edited by supersonicjc; 12-09-2013 at 08:56 PM.

Plat Bar By Knucklesmash (finally stable)

PRO Member

Very easy, fun to play nothing hard on it since the weapons upgrades makes it a easy all the way