fastest method of bolts?

This is a discussion on fastest method of bolts? within the Ratchet & Clank forum, part of the R; besides using the hoverboard course glitch, dont want to leave my ps3 on all night, wondering what the fastest planet(s) ...

Lvl 10 - Platinum

fastest method of bolts?

besides using the hoverboard course glitch, dont want to leave my ps3 on all night, wondering what the fastest planet(s) are for acquiring bolts? should i start a challenge playthrough again or just farm a couple planets over and over?

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I just played through Challenge mode for a second time it seemed to go quicker that way for me.

Summer holidays :)

I played through challenge mode a couple of times, took a while but got there eventually

Awesome sig & avy by the Awesome Timeless-Enigma

PRO Member

I'd say farm a couple planets, the game is enjoyable enough that it shouldn't feel like a grind, happy hunting

Perfect Platinum Streak Bar by RaveNScythE18

Platinum Bar by dsluckay

Lvl 10 - Platinum

anyone got any tips on the hoverboard trophies? cant seem to get over a couple thousand points on the second race, seems if i cant get the rest of the skill points theres really no reason to grind for a million bolts

Lvl 10 - Platinum

nevermind, got the rest of the skill points rather easily after a day off, hoverboard race in rilgar was a lot easier than i thought, got it on maybe my fifth try or so and also had a crash in the race i got under 1:35, probably wouldve broken 1:33 if not for that

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I remember always being stuck trying to get bolts when I played this back on the Ps2. The best way without killing your console overnight is to just keep playing through challenge mode, thats how I got the golden guns and RYNO

Current 's/100% : R&C ACiT, LA Noire, Terminator Salvation, MW2, Skyrim, Lego Batman 2, PoP: Tfs, Skylanders: SA, MW3, Acceleration of Suguri, R&C QForce, R&C 1, R&C Nexus, Assassins Creed 2, R&C 3, R&C 2

PSN: Ratchet_jukes1 - Tell me your from PS3trophies if you wanna be friends!

Lvl 7 - Gold

yeah dont need to grind you pretty much get the bolts naturally as you play and explore maps

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Thanks to bad advice on the Trophy Guide, I’ve already played through the entire game twice, and I still need a lot of Bolts (don’t have enough yet to even purchase all the Gold Weapons, that and the million Bolts being the last 2 Trophies I need). As far as all the responses about the game being enjoyable enough to just keep playing, I’m already upset that I had to do a complete second playthrough, so I’d much rather have a reliable method for farming, which no-one seems to have yet supplied. So... if anyone still has an answer to the OP’s question, thanks in advance.

Youtube.com/BoneSickle Playlists for video guides with commentary for: Uncharted 3 Crushing Co-Op / Hotline Miami / Max Payne 3 / God Mode / plus much more.

PRO Member

Well, if you aren't opposed to leaving your PS3 on for a while I suggest following this video's instructions.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by cloud945076 View Post
    Well, if you aren't opposed to leaving your PS3 on for a while I suggest following this video's instructions.
    I’ve already tried that (thanks for posting, though) and although the method works like a charm (you get a little over a hundred-thousand each hour, although I strongly recommend against using adhesive tape to secure your Circle button), apparently you can only do this once per game save. The video completely fails to mention this.

After 2 playthroughs I estimated that I had only collected about 400,000 bolts (and needed 600k), so after setting up the glitch I let it run for 4 hours, after which I saved (of course) and cut it all off, planning to do the remaining 2 hours or so at my next convenience. Now every time I replicate the glitch there are no boxes on the race course anymore. I still need around 200,000 bolts, and I’m left with my original search for a decent farming method intact.

Again, thanks for sharing the video, but anyone else reading this and planning to use the glitch method to finish off their million should have the fair warning to be prepared to leave their system on as long as it takes to get the Trophy.

Youtube.com/BoneSickle Playlists for video guides with commentary for: Uncharted 3 Crushing Co-Op / Hotline Miami / Max Payne 3 / God Mode / plus much more.