Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is why I hate collectables

This is a discussion on This is why I hate collectables within the Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc HD forum, part of the R; So, I'm writing a trophy guide for this game. The game is awesome in every way except for..... THE DAMN ...

NSFW

This is why I hate collectables

So, I'm writing a trophy guide for this game. The game is awesome in every way except for.....

THE DAMN COLLECTABLES!!!

This game has around 140 collectables... This is annoying, but not necessarily dastardly. What is dastardly is the lack of info. There is 60 cages, that needs to be destroyed, for a trophy. The total number of cages in each is marked in the menu. That is fine, but same goes not for the 80 other collectables.

We know nothing! We don't know where they are located, we don't know how many is in each location, or how many is in the game. It doesn't even keep track of which of them, we've already gotten, and which ones we still need.

This game has been out for 9 years, and nobody I've seen on the internet knows anything about the last three collectable types. There is these blue lizards called Matuvu's. These are hard to find and comes in a big quantity (around 35 has been seen, but who knows, if there are some, that people have missed). How are we gonna find all of these guys?

Are we done yet? No... There are these other guys called Tribelles who you have to approach slowly, or they will fly away and your chance to get them is lost, and you have to restart the chapter. This wouldn't be so bad, if it weren't because the chapters, can be around 2 or 3 hours long, and losing one at the very end is painful.

There is also some really harsh requirements. To get a collectable, that is in part 4 of a chapter, you have to pretty much run through part 1-3 perfect, to rack up enough points to fulfill a requirement, which again is not known.

Are we done yet? Almost. If that weren't bad enough.... The one easy collectable trophy (the cages) is glitched, and I can't get it, any other way, than start a new game (and that only works maybe).
    I have 5 more days to solve all of these problems... *sigh* (sorry for ranting a little... I just needed to tell it to someone).

So what is your take on these collectables or just collectables in general?

Sig made by Beam. Platbar by Thunder.

Sig made by Beam.
    Platbar made by Thunder.

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

now you know how i felt when i wrote the guide for stacking . lol. just keep at it and eventually youll find em

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

The One and Only

I don't care about those damn collectibles, and I don't really care about collecting the trophies for this game either. I understand your frustration with you writing the guide, and if you didn't call it, I was going to do it with a friend and experience the same frustration you're now going though

But personally I'm just playing the game as is. Won't waste my energy in them if I don't have to.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist back in contruction!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop with knuckle and Bladia, currently taking requests!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Lvl 4 - Silver

the collectables are 60 cages (I got them all in one playthrough but I played the game a lot when it came out 9/10 years ago)
    I found 36 Matuvu but I haven't gone to get everyone in HD (Yet, I'm working on it) But I'm almost certain there is no more than that
    I only found 11 Tribelle but I haven't gone to get everyone in HD (yet I'm Working on it) but I'm almost certain there is no more than that
    I never counted emeralds since they come 1 at a time, 2 at a time and once 4 at a time (I think)

Anyway that's what I found having played HD and a fair bit of the original. Tribelle and Matuvu were never meant to be a collectable the developers just wanted something to put as a trophy.

The game is great but the trophies were made to make the game as long as possible. I mean collecting 3 different things that aren't collectables is one thing, but they also want you to 100% every chapter of every level and that's just insanely hard however much you play the game

If you want I can record me 100%ing the first 3-4 worlds getting all the matuvu's and tribelles (I can also do the longest shorts cut) not sure if it would help you but I could do it (don't worry it won't be off camera I have a HD PVR) Unfortunately I don't know the other levels off by heart but I can give it ago
    Last edited by Doomlor0; 03-24-2012 at 01:14 PM. Reason: I thought of more to say

NSFW

Quote Originally Posted by Doomlor0 View Post
    the collectables are 60 cages (I got them all in one playthrough but I played the game a lot when it came out 9/10 years ago)
    I found 36 Matuvu but I haven't gone to get everyone in HD (Yet, I'm working on it) But I'm almost certain there is no more than that
    I only found 11 Tribelle but I haven't gone to get everyone in HD (yet I'm Working on it) but I'm almost certain there is no more than that
    I never counted emeralds since they come 1 at a time, 2 at a time and once 4 at a time (I think)

Anyway that's what I found having played HD and a fair bit of the original. Tribelle and Matuvu were never meant to be a collectable the developers just wanted something to put as a trophy.

The game is great but the trophies were made to make the game as long as possible. I mean collecting 3 different things that aren't collectables is one thing, but they also want you to 100% every chapter of every level and that's just insanely hard however much you play the game
    You probably have found the same guide as me... the problem is, there is at least twelve Tribelles in the game. Nobody knows how many there are.

I just realized, that if I go through the game, while using the guides I've found and my very throughout searches... and I don't get the trophy... Then I'm pretty much fucked. If I manage to get all of the trophies though, then I would be the first person in the world to write a totally comprehensive guide of all of the collectables... and that would be badass.

Sig made by Beam.
    Platbar made by Thunder.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Hmm, I will look into how many there are. I never used a guide I simply observed it and I took notes on what I found. I might be wrong about the tribelle to be fair and matuvu but since the original I did 100% every level/ act so I'm sure I got all gems.

NSFW

Hmm, I will look into how many there are. I never used a guide I simply observed it and I took notes on what I found. I might be wrong about the tribelle to be fair and matuvu but since the original I did 100% every level/ act so I'm sure I got all gems.
    Well... I've been using these three guides for reference:

For Matuvu's and Tribelles
    Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc Tribelles & Matuvus Guide v1.5 - hosted by Neoseeker

For green jewels
    Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc - Secret Rooms FAQ for Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc

For green jewels and cages
    Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc Walkthrough (PS2) - IGN FAQs

The Matuvu guide, has exactly the same numbers as you, but I've found a Tribelle on my own, that does not appear on that list.
    I guess I have no other option, than trying.

Sig made by Beam.
    Platbar made by Thunder.

Lvl 4 - Silver

I will record what I know to show you, it could be between the guide and what you and I know we could find them all (maybe). of course this may take a few days for me to do

NSFW

I will record what I know to show you, it could be between the guide and what you and I know we could find them all (maybe). of course this may take a few days for me to do
    That could be really sweet.

Sig made by Beam.
    Platbar made by Thunder.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Alright, I'll work on it over the next day or two and send you the link when I'm Done

NSFW

Ok... this is getting strange. I've just gotten the "Flower Power" trophy for finding all of the Tribelles.... but the guide is saying I'm still needing one. WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?!?

Sig made by Beam.
    Platbar made by Thunder.

The One and Only

Quote Originally Posted by gyrocop View Post
    Ok... this is getting strange. I've just gotten the "Flower Power" trophy for finding all of the Tribelles.... but the guide is saying I'm still needing one. WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?!?
    You got mindfucked?

I think getting 100% points on every level is worse. :/

DaRe's Journey of Art

DaRe's Adventures v5.20

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

NSFW

Quote Originally Posted by DaRe_xLw View Post
    You got mindfucked?

I think getting 100% points on every level is worse. :/
    At least it means that I can confirm, that there is 12 Tribelles in the game... if you only need 11 to get the trophy is still questionable.

Sig made by Beam.
    Platbar made by Thunder.

Lvl 4 - Silver

I'm still working on 100%ing every level. the most annoying part is losing combos that then make you get 98/99%. I'm kind of guessing I will find everything if 100% every level (or at very least the green jewels and tribelles

NSFW

So after the guide ran out of Matuvu's (It said 36, but it only had 34), I still didn't get the trophy. I've found three other than what the guide said, and I know, that there is one later, bringing up a total of 38 Matuvu's. I just hope, that the 38th is the last one.

Sig made by Beam.
    Platbar made by Thunder.

NSFW

I AM FUCKED!!!! So after collecting 60 cages, 13 Tribelles, 38 Matuvus and 40 green jewels (even the Xowar ones) (all of which results in over 20 hours of gaming and 152 collectables), I only have 1 of the trophies. The Tribelles are fine, the cages are glitched but fine. I have absolutely no idea, where the last Matuvus and green jewels are.... What do I do know?

Sig made by Beam.
    Platbar made by Thunder.

The One and Only

Quote Originally Posted by gyrocop View Post
    I AM FUCKED!!!! So after collecting 60 cages, 13 Tribelles, 38 Matuvus and 40 green jewels (even the Xowar ones) (all of which results in over 20 hours of gaming and 152 collectables), I only have 1 of the trophies. The Tribelles are fine, the cages are glitched but fine. I have absolutely no idea, where the last Matuvus and green jewels are.... What do I do know?
    Oh shit, looks like I'm not 100% this game even if I tried. :/

But hey, +rep for having the courage to stick with writing the guide with that level of bullshit.

DaRe's Journey of Art

DaRe's Adventures v5.20

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Lvl 4 - Silver

I found all the Tribelle now and have 100% the first 3 worlds, I don't know how to help with the matuvu's since I checked the guides you linked and the ones I knew were just the ones in the guide (guess I only found the easy ones) but as for the green jewels have you checked the arcade game balloons, I know that has some green jewels in and that may count.
    Also if you want help with finding matuvu's go to options and turn off all sound apart from special FX so that is a matuvu makes a sound you are more likely to hear it (that's what i'm doing).
    Also if you want tips for 100%ing things just remember to abuse multipliers and combos.
    To help with combo's you can remember that when you kill an enemy the combo bar stays long enough for you to fully charge a punch or to find a matuvu. However if you get a ruby or either Jewel, a matuvu or a tribelle then the combo bar won't stay as long and definitely won't have enough time to get a full charged punch or matuvu

A few more notes are that when a combo bar reaches high enough then points are worth more (for example a yellow jewel becomes 20 points instead of 10 on without a multiplier) Also killing an enemy in 1 full charged punch gives an extra 30 points on top of the kill.

finally when you see your % at the end of a level you can press home to quit before the saving icon comes up and if you do you start from the act you were just on again

Lvl 9 - Gold

HAH! I knew one day i'd come across some poor sod who hates this game for where it demises!

Yes, Rayman 3 is a huge pain in the ass for the score, even today, grown-up, it's still immensly hard due to the jewels and the sodding geckos.

Of course, back then, it didn't matter how many there were, you never knew, but i'm surprised at how little Tribelles there were in comparison to the Matuvus! My first playthrough in all these years, and it was a piece of piss finding most things., I did all the Tribelles in 1.

I still don't understand the "Level Score" count at every checkpoint, makes no goddamn sense to me, but i've never looked into anything about the game, only what i've come across.

The Matuvus are ridiculous, because of sheer numbers and seperation, NOT TO MENTION HALF OF THEM MAKE NO SOUND.

For one of the Green Jewels, there is a sort of dial that can be locked onto when you jump up at "The Longest Shortcut", which reveals a Rayman 2 reference also. By the looks of it, you've scored most of 'em in that guide, but I honestly haven't read through far enough to help you, i'm knackered, sorry.

Good luck to those who bother and I hope you all enjoyed this crude classic! CHECK EVERY F*CKING CORNER, EVEN IF THE KNAAREN ARE IN THE WAY.

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

collectibles are truly a pain in the ass, sometimes there worth it if you unlock something good with it
    but most times theyre just for a stupid bronze trophy lol
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast