Spurred to Victory question....

This is a discussion on Spurred to Victory question.... within the Red Dead Redemption forum, part of the R; I was attacked while riding to my destination and my horse died. It took a minute but when I whistled, ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Spurred to Victory question....

I was attacked while riding to my destination and my horse died. It took a minute but when I whistled, what appeared to be my old horse came back to me. Does my count start over because my horse died or am I still ok?

Legalize it...

Im not 100% sure, but to be safe you can just reload the check point...

Death is Awaiting....

You'll have to restart.. I had the same shit happen.

Sig by Achantion

Team Dingleberry

If it's early on in the game still you can just use the new horse.

Lvl 10 - Platinum

is it possible to just not use your horse for the first 20 story missions? except for missions where you need to use a horse, ive played only like an hour or so but im paranoid about a cougar attack

Perfecting since 1996

Quote Originally Posted by ferretbusiness View Post
    is it possible to just not use your horse for the first 20 story missions? except for missions where you need to use a horse, ive played only like an hour or so but im paranoid about a cougar attack
    You don't have to do it for the first twenty. You can do it for any twenty missions in a row. The trophy is missable though so make sure that you have enough missions. And if your horse dies than you must start over

Sig by Bladia

PRO Member

Just use a new horse to b safe or reload

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by mattveego View Post
    You don't have to do it for the first twenty. You can do it for any twenty missions in a row. The trophy is missable though so make sure that you have enough missions. And if your horse dies than you must start over
    i just figured it would be easier to get it over with as fast as possible and make it less likely that i would miss it

also, what constitutes a story mission? just missions given to you by named npcs?
    Last edited by ferretbusiness; 07-06-2012 at 08:46 AM.

Lvl 10 - Platinum

that was a lot easier than i thought it would be, just did story missions until it popped, didnt use hitching post just in case i somehow screwed it up, horse never even died once

Lvl 1 - Bronze

This is the most ironic thing I have ever come across. So, I am playing the game as I am reading/typing this about to comment on how I was paranoid too just trying to get this done and even once had my horse jacked by someone, but I just restarted it. I ended up getting the trophy last night.
    But anyways, right now I am just screwing around deer hunting around the Hanging Tree. I am on foot, a bandit runs by and two lawmen are chasing him. I let them pass as I don't want to accidentally shoot a lawman or anything because I had a lot of deer skinning built up. I whistle for my horse and it says he is "lost", I guess he either feel off a cliff, got shot, or got jacked again.
    Since my trophy is complete now though I am just going to find another. I know no one else probably cares, but it was really trippy how that happened to me
    EDIT: So, I just found him. Big Blackie got shot. I walk up next to him and you can actually skin him. I felt like a heartless bastard, but of course I will for some small coin.

Lvl 10 - Platinum

no problem skinning a dead horse, i had a part where 3 guys where trying to hang someone else and after killing them their horses were just standing around so i shot them once each in the head and skinned them all, youd think carrying around 3 horse hides and meat would slow john down but i guess hes really strong