Future Announcements for the Red Dead Series?

This is a discussion on Future Announcements for the Red Dead Series? within the Red Dead Redemption forum, part of the R; After receiving these 2 questions from the public: “All I wanna know is is there goin to be a new ...

Nope, nothing

Future Announcements for the Red Dead Series?

After receiving these 2 questions from the public:
    “All I wanna know is is there goin to be a new Red Dead game any time soon?”
    “Will there ever be a sequel or prequel to #RDR I am Red Dead mad!!”

The staff at Rockstar replied with this:

Awesome, we love Red Dead too – and are thrilled that so many of you loved John Marston’s tale and are excited for more epic Western action. As we mentioned in our last set of Asked & Answereds to similar questions about the future of other game franchises like Bully and L.A. Noire, we don’t always rush to make sequels but that does not mean that we won’t get to them eventually. Stay tuned for further announcements about the future of the Red Dead series.
    Now I'm aware that them saying what they did doesn't actually mean there will be any further games in the series... but it also means there might be!

I know I'd love to see another game, especially if it was set before RDR in the times of John being in Dutch's Gang

What do you think?

Source: RockstarGames

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I loved the game! I was definitely completely immersed in that world while playing and would love to have that feeling again, so I would be on board for a prequel, though, honestly a prequel eliminates any sense of danger or urgency for resolution to the story. We know that no matter what we do in game, the outcome has already been determined.

And

Toggle Spoiler

It will be interesting to see what happens with the series though...

Nope, nothing

Quote Originally Posted by GoldDome13 View Post
    I loved the game! I was definitely completely immersed in that world while playing and would love to have that feeling again, so I would be on board for a prequel, though, honestly a prequel eliminates any sense of danger or urgency for resolution to the story. We know that no matter what we do in game, the outcome has already been determined.
    I know exactly what you mean But saying that, it hasn't stopped prequels being amazing games in the past.

I'm the Oogie Boogie Man

Quote Originally Posted by Chambers35 View Post
    I know exactly what you mean But saying that, it hasn't stopped prequels being amazing games in the past.
    Or perhaps you play as Marston's son? Perhaps a new character too, given that's the GTA pattern?
    Was Marston in Red Dead Revolver? Haven't played it, so...

Outdated Plat-bar by ThunderStick, sig by DaRe, avatar by ROBO3AG13
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!

Nope, nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalman123 View Post
    Or perhaps you play as Marston's son? Perhaps a new character too, given that's the GTA pattern?
    Was Marston in Red Dead Revolver? Haven't played it, so...
    That would make sense, although I'm not sure about the setting, as John it was the end of the Western age, so

Maybe a completely new story, maybe even playing as a Native American

And no, you played as Red Harlow

Too Hot

I would love a sequel, although I don't like the idea of it being set when John was in Dutch's gang.
    Thanks to DaRe_xLw for the sig and djunglist for the avy

"I'm the old man who lives upstairs and starves his pets, then never leaves his house cause he thinks his car's possessed"

Lvl 3 - Bronze

i don't know if will have the same appeal, if its jack (johns son) it will place the game in late 20's or early 30's minimum and by then it wont have the same appeal as the current game have wich features the last days of the "old west", so if features jack it will look more modern and perhaps a more "dry law gangster shooter".