Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Resident Evil 6 Has Regenerating health

This is a discussion on Resident Evil 6 Has Regenerating health within the Resident Evil 6 forum, part of the R; Gears of Evil 6. Same way goes Dead Space 3...

Lvl 4 - Silver

Gears of Evil 6.
    Same way goes Dead Space 3

Legend...Nuff Said

Quote Originally Posted by Timeless-Enigma View Post
    I want what your having

I would hate to be a game developer in today's gaming market. Games get scruitinzed by gamers way before games are even released.
    A lot of Orange Juice, lots of it...and vinegar too just for kicks so I can be full of piss and vinegar for when the internet bitch train decides to be brain dead.

L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My first novel can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

Lvl 6 - Silver

Lasombra: You speak the most sense out of anyone on this thread.

I'm still going to buy it and enjoy it, regenerating health shall not change my mind.

Mr. X

Gears of Duty Evil can go fuck itself while I pop in my Resident Evil 2 disc.

EDIT:

Obligatory blah blah the game will still be good but it's not Resident Evil.

I honestly wish it just had a different name. Could you imagine when they spawned DMC they'd kept it as Resident Evil? This is what this is starting to feel like.

the sea. these earthless catcombs. our tombs they have become.

PRO Member

I think is good every new game has to b different

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Lasombra View Post
    This post is not directed at any individual here, but at the entire internet bitch train in general. This is why we can't have nice things, and new shiny toys, because we lose focus about the big picture and bitch and moan about small, insignificant, matters like 'regenerating health'.
    But here's the thing. The regenerating health is just one of MANY things that make RE stray away from what it used to be. I've said this a million times but I'll say it again. The last few RE games were good games. I had a lot of fun with RE5, with co-op and whatnot. The games are good and fun, they're just not good Resident Evil games.

I understand things need to change. Games would get boring we got the same thing every time. But going from survival horror and saving ammo and health to action shooter where you don't even have to worry about ammo is a completely different thing and a step in the wrong direction.

If you showed me RE6, removed the game name and if I didn't recognize the characters I'd say the game looks great and fun. The thing is, I know what RE used to be and I know why I enjoyed it and this is far from that.

Once again, I had fun with RE5 and I will get this game, but this isn't RE anymore. They could make a few changes and it would be much closer to what it used to be, but it's not going to happen.

Banned

The best game capcom ever made Resident Evil 2 The First Floor Theme - YouTube
    They went from being my favourite developers of all time to my most hated developers of all time.

Legend...Nuff Said

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Assassin View Post
    But here's the thing. The regenerating health is just one of MANY things that make RE stray away from what it used to be. I've said this a million times but I'll say it again. The last few RE games were good games. I had a lot of fun with RE5, with co-op and whatnot. The games are good and fun, they're just not good Resident Evil games.

I understand things need to change. Games would get boring we got the same thing every time. But going from survival horror and saving ammo and health to action shooter where you don't even have to worry about ammo is a completely different thing and a step in the wrong direction.

If you showed me RE6, removed the game name and if I didn't recognize the characters I'd say the game looks great and fun. The thing is, I know what RE used to be and I know why I enjoyed it and this is far from that.

Once again, I had fun with RE5 and I will get this game, but this isn't RE anymore. They could make a few changes and it would be much closer to what it used to be, but it's not going to happen.
    What makes Resident Evil, Resident Evil, is it's story. That is what separates it from everything else. The story and characters are still intact. The gameplay will change, the mechanics will change, and so on, but as long as the core story remains the same it'll be RE. Will it be a survival horror RE? No, now we are playing action horror RE, but it's still RE. I understand people want RE to stay with the same survival horror mechanics, but this is the direction the series has taken. Maybe they will change it again in the future for 7, 8, 9, or who knows.

L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My first novel can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I like regenerating health in games, but not sure if it fits with RE necessarily.

Harvester of Souls

Fully agree with you there . Quite depressing the turn Capcom has taken Resident Evil. But it's us as gamers that keep buying it and all that give them sales including the new people that are getting into it cause of the changes. So yeah. . I miss old Resident Evil, but guess to get my fix, have to play Gears of Evil 6 ;___; Fucking assholes at Capcom always destroying our childhood memories.

And yeah Lasombra, RE is RE cause of it's story, but doesn't change what the changes cause to the rest of us that just want and love RE for that survival horror aspect of it.

HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay

Banned

What makes Resident Evil, Resident Evil, is it's story. That is what separates it from everything else. The story and characters are still intact. The gameplay will change, the mechanics will change, and so on, but as long as the core story remains the same it'll be RE. Will it be a survival horror RE? No, now we are playing action horror RE, but it's still RE. I understand people want RE to stay with the same survival horror mechanics, but this is the direction the series has taken. Maybe they will change it again in the future for 7, 8, 9, or who knows.
    I disagree, resident evil was all about the tension in the environments, the eerie noises, the isolation of not knowing what to expect while walking down a hallway with flickering lights, the scarce ammo and health, the piano themes that have so much mystery in them and almost sound religious, which relates to the puzzles in the classic games as they were usually about gods and larger than life beings, resident evil only started getting good storywise at CVX, before that it was quite laughable *coughbarrycough* not that anyone cared as that wasn't why they played it in the first place. Now all the geniuses that worked on the originals no longer work with capcom, just a bunch of morons inspired by call of duty that are raping the series' corpse.
    To even try and justify the current resident evil games is just pointless, resident evil is dead and it's not coming back.
    At least we still have Mikami's new game codenamed Zwei that will be releasing next gen and is said to return to the roots of the classic resident evil games!

Mr. X

If you showed me RE6, removed the game name and if I didn't recognize the characters I'd say the game looks great and fun. The thing is, I know what RE used to be and I know why I enjoyed it and this is far from that..
    This is what happened with DMC. Capcom started developing the game as a Resident Evil and realised it was straying too far from what makes a Resi game so they made it a new IP. Since RE4 the game has been turning into a third person shooter. Now in Resi 6 we're seeing regenerating health, enemies with guns, epic mass shoot outs. It just looks like any other action game now. If it didn't have the characters you wouldn't look at it and say Resident Evil.

I also think that RE4 and 5 and this game were and will be awesome. When you hear new Resident Evil though you want to play a Resident Evil game.

I have to disagree with you. Resident Evil has always had cheesy B movie style storylines. What seperated Resident Evil was the tension and atmosphere. The style of play kept you on edge. You didn't know wether to stand and fight or to run. You always felt vunerable. The horror didn't mess with your head like Silent Hill but you were always scared that death was around the next corner.

Resident Evil 2 is my favourite but you only have to look at the REmake to see exactly what a modern Resident Evil should be.

The main reason we play games is to play them not listen to the story. Hence we love the old Resident Evil games for the way they play. You can still make advancements and there's nothing wrong with the way you control the characters in recent editions. Lost in Nightmares used the new engine but played like an old school Resident Evil and that is what I expect most fans are after.

The games are losing their identity as horror games. How would you feel if you were watching a set of horror filmes you loved but then they decided to change them into Michael Bay-esque explosionathons after 4 films in the series?

Quote Originally Posted by Trains View Post
    I disagree, resident evil was all about the tension in the environments, the eerie noises, the isolation of not knowing what to expect while walking down a hallway with flickering lights, the scarce ammo and health, the piano themes that have so much mystery in them and almost sound religious, which relates to the puzzles in the classic games as they were usually about gods and larger than life beings, resident evil only started getting good storywise at CVX, before that it was quite laughable *coughbarrycough* not that anyone cared as that wasn't why they played it in the first place. Now all the geniuses that worked on the originals no longer work with capcom, just a bunch of morons inspired by call of duty that are raping the series' corpse.
    To even try and justify the current resident evil games is just pointless, resident evil is dead and it's not coming back.
    At least we still have Mikami's new game codenamed Zwei that will be releasing next gen and is said to return to the roots of the classic resident evil games!
    This is spot on but I still think the storylines are crap post Veronica.

the sea. these earthless catcombs. our tombs they have become.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    Sounds like a system similar to that of Resistance: Fall of Man . Either way, this well let people go the warrior way and bash in, shoot first, ask questions/look at surroundings later. If RE5 was far form being a survival horror game, this will be even farther, even if it has zombies.
    If it works like that and all the section are very tiny so you only regain small amounts of health.
    Then yes this game can still be saved
    "If I could seperate me from my-self, I would probably avoid me."

Plats-O'-War!!

The game will sell either way, and I'm getting it. Regen health or not, I'm going to enjoy this one!!

Lvl 6 - Silver

Worse and worse and worse...
    Also did anyone see about the fucking 'exp' *for want of a better term* that the enemies drop now?
    Resident Evil 6: The War on Bio-Terror - IGN
    Jesus, don't call this Resident Evil and you might have a game worth playing. I know it's "Don't knock it before you tried it" but every thing I hear about this game is making it worse and worse for me. And I am a big fan of RE..
    PSN ID: nookie_egg [GMT]
    Feel free to add me if you want, just send me a message that you're from here and what you are interested in boosting if necessary BUT PLEASE, NO BLANK FRIEND REQUESTS.
    Boosting online trophies of:
    NFS THE RUN [co-op], BIOSHOCK 2 [level 40]
    Thanks to EVERYONE who helps boosting sessions!
    [

The Grand Ray Legend

Resident Evil died to me after 4, so I don't really give a crap about this game anymore
    Sig made by Beam / Avy made by DaRe_xLw

Lvl 4 - Silver

No!!! i was becoming excited for this game but being able to regenarate health ruins the fear of getting killed. I guess i will be playing the hardest mode if i get this game(if there is a hardest mode :/ )

Banned

Just to make this clear, your health does regenerate but not fully, it's in block (like Resistnace:FoM) you still have to use green herbs but if you are missing for example 60% health for 1 of your 5 blocks, the block will regenerate, however if you lose a whole block you must use a herb in order to regain it.

PRO Member

Its not gonna ruin the game im not that worried about it at all its gonna be sick. now stop bitching and just dont buy the game you whiny girls they dont care what you think cause they are pros at making money its not about you its about making millions of dollars so they changed the game a bit to broaden therange of consumers get over it!

Bob 'n' Becca

I'm still going to play it. I'm still going to like it. Things have to evolve in order to survive. Do I miss the old school style of resident evil? Yes but the new way of playing is still fun.

Thanks to Thunder for the platbar!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast