Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 48

Resident Evil 6 Has Regenerating health

This is a discussion on Resident Evil 6 Has Regenerating health within the Resident Evil 6 forum, part of the R; Resident Evil 6 Has Regenerating Health | Side Mission | GameTrailers Survival horror games generally lose a bit of punch ...

  1. #1
    INTJ
    Ps360's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    11,592
    Reputation
    298

    Resident Evil 6 Has Regenerating health

    Resident Evil 6 Has Regenerating Health | Side Mission | GameTrailers


    Survival horror games generally lose a bit of punch when your health automatically regenerates. Yet it also changes the strategy of the game and gives newer players a bit of leeway. Resident Evil 6 seems out to split the difference between tradition and welcoming new players.

    Players are swarming over the newly released Xbox 360 demo and are surprised to find that the health system has been altered. The health meter has been changed to a series of blocks; once a block is empty, it won't refill. However if you have even a sliver of health left in a block you can recover the whole block eventually. The famous herbs come in to refill empty blocks completely.

    Of course any change to a franchise will be controversial. But this one has gamers arguing over whether the franchise has lost its bite.

    It is worth noting that nobody outside of Capcom has seen what effect this has on the whole game, whether this change applies to all difficulty modes, or whether different levels of difficulty have faster or slower recovery times. But when has that ever stopped an argument over a video game on the Internet?

    Have you played the demo? Let us know what you think of the new health system and how it affects the game.


    WE WANT TO APPEAL TO THE CALL OF DUTY AUDIENCE THEY SAID


    THIS WON'T RUIN THE GAME THEY SAID



    fuck mainstream gaming



  2. #2
    Kid, not loser
    Kid_Loser's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,494
    Reputation
    79

    Please, just do not call it survival horror anymore. There really is no reason for them to.

    Thanks to Bladia for the amazing Sig and Avy.

  3. #3
    PRO Member
    mattveego's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Your kitchen cupboard
    Posts
    1,379
    Reputation
    71

    This is going to take all of the danger that these games have right out of it. I just posted a few seconds ago that I was planning on pre_ordering it but after this I just don't know. Anything suspenseful during the game play that was still left inside of it will be completely taken out. This is just going to be a generic 3rd person shooter. I can't imagine Resident Evil without herbs.

    Sig by Bladia


  4. #4
    The only sane person here
    KingLazy's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,183
    Reputation
    25

    Well RE6 is officially dead from the rest of the RE's

  5. #5
    Lvl 2 - Bronze
    StealthMDK's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    61
    Reputation
    1

    This is kinda disappointing. Was looking forward to this but the new health system takes a lot of the tension away. Ill wait to buy to see if it's still good.
    Awesome sig made by Bladia

  6. #6
    Plats-O'-War!!
    kidson2004's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    All Around The World
    Posts
    3,990
    Reputation
    174

    Quote Originally Posted by KingLazy View Post
    Well RE6 is officially dead from the rest of the RE's
    Resident Evil has been dead since RE5 RE's 1-4 were the best in the series (IMHO). "Maybe" you can add Code Veronica (pending on your own personal preference).




  7. #7
    PRO Member
    mattveego's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Your kitchen cupboard
    Posts
    1,379
    Reputation
    71

    Quote Originally Posted by kidson2004 View Post
    Resident Evil has been dead since RE5 RE's 1-4 were the best in the series (IMHO). "Maybe" you can add Code Veronica (pending on your own personal preference).
    I actually enjoyed RE5 quite a bit. Everyone says that it broke away from the franchise when really RE4 is the one that started it all. But nobody accuses that game of being trash (even though it was awesome).

    Sig by Bladia


  8. #8
    Plats-O'-War!!
    kidson2004's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    All Around The World
    Posts
    3,990
    Reputation
    174

    Quote Originally Posted by mattveego View Post
    I actually enjoyed RE5 quite a bit. Everyone says that it broke away from the franchise when really RE4 is the one that started it all. But nobody accuses that game of being trash (even though it was awesome).
    Oh no, I liked RE5 and all, but in terms of horror, yeah, that's where it failed at. RE4 as a whole, has more horror in it than RE5 does.




  9. #9
    Lvl 10 - Platinum
    ferretbusiness's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Hovering pattern
    Posts
    1,860
    Reputation
    30

    Quote Originally Posted by mattveego View Post
    I can't imagine Resident Evil without herbs.
    they still have herbs, saw in the demo, kinda pointless however

  10. #10
    Banned


    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Love
    Posts
    1,010
    Reputation
    54

    Why can't it just have the awesome piano themes back

  11. #11
    *insert Latin phrase*
    Digitalman123's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    In a very very... maaaaad wooorld
    Posts
    2,609
    Reputation
    70

    Quote Originally Posted by kidson2004 View Post
    Oh no, I liked RE5 and all, but in terms of horror, yeah, that's where it failed at. RE4 as a whole, has more horror in it than RE5 does.
    Yeah, RE5 felt like a more co-op-oriented blast-em-up than a two-player maaaaaad woooooorld.
    Regenerating health? That will kill the whole, "turn this corner and I could die" aspect of horror. Strategy is falling apart.


    Outdated Plat-bar by ThunderStick, sig by DaRe, avatar by ROBO3AG13
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel! Vote on my Playstation Grandmasterpiece HERE!

  12. #12
    INTJ
    Ps360's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    11,592
    Reputation
    298

    Quote Originally Posted by kidson2004 View Post
    Resident Evil has been dead since RE5 RE's 1-4 were the best in the series (IMHO). "Maybe" you can add Code Veronica (pending on your own personal preference).
    resident evil revelations



  13. #13
    Kiwi Defender
    Nagflar's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Vice City
    Posts
    6,025
    Reputation
    340

    Sounds like a system similar to that of Resistance: Fall of Man . Either way, this well let people go the warrior way and bash in, shoot first, ask questions/look at surroundings later. If RE5 was far form being a survival horror game, this will be even farther, even if it has zombies.

    Toggle Spoiler


    Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

  14. #14
    An old-fashioned cowboy
    SirDrRoger's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,508
    Reputation
    37

    A couple things here.

    - If people watched the Chris E3 Demo then you could clearly see that the game had regenerating health so why make a fuzz out of it now.
    - Again if you saw the Chris E3 Demo then you can see that health doesn't always regenerate. The health bar is divided into sections and your health doesn't regenerate past sections, the health only regenerates for the current section of the health bar you're in. So if you're reckless and lose alot of your health you're not gonna regenerate all of it without using healing items.

    What you should be worried about is Capcom potentially putting disc-locked content on the game and charging you if you wanna play it, and yeah I know Capcom said that after Dragon's Dogma they wouldn't do it anymore but at this point can you really trust them?

  15. #15
    Lvl 8 - Gold

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    937
    Reputation
    26

    Quote Originally Posted by SirDrRoger View Post
    A couple things here.- Again if you saw the Chris E3 Demo then you can see that health doesn't always regenerate. The health bar is divided into sections and your health doesn't regenerate past sections, the health only regenerates for the current section of the health bar you're in. So if you're reckless and lose alot of your health you're not gonna regenerate all of it without using healing items.
    Health regeneration in a survival horror game should not exist AT ALL. Oh wait...RE6 is a shooter so I guess it's OK.


  16. #16
    An old-fashioned cowboy
    SirDrRoger's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,508
    Reputation
    37

    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Assassin View Post
    Health regeneration in a survival horror game should not exist AT ALL. Oh wait...RE6 is a shooter so I guess it's OK.
    That's all good and everything except Resident Evil 6 isn't survivor horror, it's dramatic horror. Capcom has even come out and said that.

  17. #17
    Lvl 8 - Gold

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    937
    Reputation
    26

    Quote Originally Posted by SirDrRoger View Post
    That's all good and everything except Resident Evil 6 isn't survivor horror, it's dramatic horror. Capcom has even come out and said that.
    To be honest I don't see any horror in it. It's just a shooter now. They can call it whatever they want but the game comes down to shooting 10 enemies after taking 2 steps and repeating the process until you beat the game.


  18. #18
    Legend...Nuff Said
    Lasombra's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Korea
    Posts
    1,433
    Reputation
    174

    Choo Choo, chugga chugga chugga chugga chugga, all aboard the RE Bash train.

    I'm sorry, and I apologize ahead of time because I am going to sound like a complete and utter asshole here with my tone, but who gives a royal fuck if there is regenerating health? Seriously? Regenerating health? Suddenly this is the fall of RE because they added regenerating health? Capcom, if your listening to this, which I highly doubt it, but if you are please make RE7 the exact same as RE1 and 2, THE EXACT SAME, because heaven forbid if we change something the internet will fuck itself in the skull because it doesn't like it.

    We all know the people who bitch about the game are still going to buy it. If, by some chance, someone actually sticks to their guns and actually has integrity by not buying or playing the game at all, thus making a stand instead of the chorus choir of whining, I'd be surprised.

    People bitch about wanting games to be different, so the companies make the games different. Then people bitch the games were better before. Can't win, no game company can win now.

    Now, to actually address the matter at hand, a regenerating health bar doesn't take away from the suspense from the game. It doesn't regenerate the ENTIRE FUCKING BAR, as said in the article. So if Leon gets his leg chewed off and is left with 1 bar of health after passing the first corner, he has 1 bar of health. He doesn't become Wolverine and go back to full health. If anything its just a cosmetic change and making the screen look cleaner with a full square, instead of a half a square, cause realistically, in what game do enemies do less than a unit a damage with a couple hits? I actually find games with regenerating health, like Uncharted and Mass Effect, to be way more suspenseful than RE ever was simply because of the regenerating health. It gives me hope I might live, compared to games without regenerating health where if I'm fucked, I'm fucked. Hope is not there anymore because I don't have any herbs, potions, salves, or anything left. Time to just get as far as possible before dying to see where I went wrong.

    This post is not directed at any individual here, but at the entire internet bitch train in general. This is why we can't have nice things, and new shiny toys, because we lose focus about the big picture and bitch and moan about small, insignificant, matters like 'regenerating health'.

    L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My first novel can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

  19. #19
    Aes Dana
    Timeless-Enigma's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,881
    Reputation
    345

    Quote Originally Posted by Lasombra View Post
    Choo Choo, chugga chugga chugga chugga chugga, all aboard the RE Bash train.

    I'm sorry, and I apologize ahead of time because I am going to sound like a complete and utter asshole here with my tone, but who gives a royal fuck if there is regenerating health? Seriously? Regenerating health? Suddenly this is the fall of RE because they added regenerating health? Capcom, if your listening to this, which I highly doubt it, but if you are please make RE7 the exact same as RE1 and 2, THE EXACT SAME, because heaven forbid if we change something the internet will fuck itself in the skull because it doesn't like it.

    We all know the people who bitch about the game are still going to buy it. If, by some chance, someone actually sticks to their guns and actually has integrity by not buying or playing the game at all, thus making a stand instead of the chorus choir of whining, I'd be surprised.

    People bitch about wanting games to be different, so the companies make the games different. Then people bitch the games were better before. Can't win, no game company can win now.

    Now, to actually address the matter at hand, a regenerating health bar doesn't take away from the suspense from the game. It doesn't regenerate the ENTIRE FUCKING BAR, as said in the article. So if Leon gets his leg chewed off and is left with 1 bar of health after passing the first corner, he has 1 bar of health. He doesn't become Wolverine and go back to full health. If anything its just a cosmetic change and making the screen look cleaner with a full square, instead of a half a square, cause realistically, in what game do enemies do less than a unit a damage with a couple hits? I actually find games with regenerating health, like Uncharted and Mass Effect, to be way more suspenseful than RE ever was simply because of the regenerating health. It gives me hope I might live, compared to games without regenerating health where if I'm fucked, I'm fucked. Hope is not there anymore because I don't have any herbs, potions, salves, or anything left. Time to just get as far as possible before dying to see where I went wrong.

    This post is not directed at any individual here, but at the entire internet bitch train in general. This is why we can't have nice things, and new shiny toys, because we lose focus about the big picture and bitch and moan about small, insignificant, matters like 'regenerating health'.
    I want what your having

    I would hate to be a game developer in today's gaming market. Games get scruitinzed by gamers way before games are even released.

  20. #20
    Lvl 7 - Gold
    Doctor_Doom's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Latveria
    Posts
    776
    Reputation
    46

    Oh noes. Resident Evil is ruined. Me no play no more. Woe is Doom ;~;
    Doom runs a country, bitch! A nation of slaves! Dig you a grave! I'll make Umbrella look like Welfare, minimum wage! Doom is getting enraged! I come harder! Killed my ex-girlfriend and turned her into a suit of armor! Beat you to death with your legs, leave you in stitches, Marvel 2 is the shit, RE 5 is for bitches!

    Sig made by Auburn
    First Latverian to Platinum Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:24 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.10
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO