Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Resident Evil Is Officially Dead

This is a discussion on Resident Evil Is Officially Dead within the Resident Evil 6 forum, part of the R; Of course you keep out a ton of the positive reviews. I started playing today and am loving it....

Let Me Watch

Of course you keep out a ton of the positive reviews. I started playing today and am loving it.
    Thanks to djunglist for the sig and avy

Gaming since PONG !

I played it this morning at my friends house..... went to gamestop and told em to put all the money for it toward Dishonored ....... WTF have they done to this (was awesome) franchise ??? Ya dont see nintendo putting Mario in a FPS ..

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by AlecDawesome View Post
    Of course you keep out a ton of the positive reviews. I started playing today and am loving it.
    Oh you want more reviews? lol okay then.

Complex 6/10
    Dualshockers 5/10
    NY Daily News 3/5
    Trusted 7/10
    IncGamers 5/10
    Dread Central 4/5
    XP 2.5/5
    Gamezone 6.5/10
    TechDeville 2/5
    BioGamerGirl 10/10
    Fan Census 5/10
    AE Infinite 6/10
    Planet Xbox 360 8/10
    EuroGamer Spain 6/10
    Rant Gaming 9/10
    Good Game 5.5/10
    Gamekult 5/10
    PopWatch D/A+

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by revbob666 View Post
    I played it this morning at my friends house..... went to gamestop and told em to put all the money for it toward Dishonored ....... WTF have they done to this (was awesome) franchise ??? Ya dont see nintendo putting Mario in a FPS ..
    Nope, he's in every other genre though I even saw a commercial for the WiiU version of Tekken Tag 2 that had Mario in it.

One thing I'd like to point out. Capcom also recently made a game that is VERY different in Asura's Wrath, no one bought it. It was (in my opinion) an amazing game, with one of the best stories I've ever seen, but it got criminally overlooked because it didn't fit the standard of what the average person thinks a "game" should be. Capcom has thought outside of the box before and everyone turned up their nose. In the wake of that, of course they're going to want to take an already well known name and try and have it serve as many types of gamers as possible. If anything I'd look to the horrible, Horrible HORRIBLE movies that are being crapped out as a RE killer before any of the games.

Lvl 6 - Silver

I have been a fan of the series since the very first game and yes the game has changed quite a bit but I still have liked almost every one I havent played much of six (just bought it today) but so far I like it I dont understand why people bash games before they give them a chance and from my point of view there have been a ton of games that get shitty review scores but are really good games

★ Extra Astronomical ★

Quote Originally Posted by skidmarkgn View Post
    One thing I'd like to point out. Capcom also recently made a game that is VERY different in Asura's Wrath, no one bought it. It was (in my opinion) an amazing game, with one of the best stories I've ever seen, but it got criminally overlooked because it didn't fit the standard of what the average person thinks a "game" should be.
    I just placed a bid on Asura's Wrath and hope I win! I've been wanting to try it out.

I'll give RE6 a try down the road. I played the demo and like Leon's campaign. At least it looks better than ORC

Lvl 3 - Bronze

[insert hate speech] i'm hardcore and super cool [insert positive comment] <capcom paid me off> Y/N [press enter]

Lvl 4 - Silver

I cant wait to play it. I enjoy were the game has gone in the last 10 years and yes I have been a fan since the first game so yeah I am a true fan of RE. sucks that so many people don't play games for their own experience but to confirm of dispel anything they herd or read in reviews. I pay no attention of any reviews and never have because most of the time its just bollocks anyway. if it does suck, which I doubt, at least I found out myself and not had anyone put doubt or expectations in my head. and at the end of the day. its just a game. like it or hate it and move on.
    THE NOOSH
    BABAGANOOSH08

PRO Member

Resident Evil 6 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Even though i didnt like the demo and all i still will getting this love RE since a child and in wiki can c more positives reviews, plz dead maybe u r xD

Legend...Nuff Said

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    Hey Trains, do you work for Capcom...No...then it isn't Officially over.

Now that I got that out of the way, here are my two cents. Game companies are getting more and more afraid to be different. Everyone is turning out the same game over and over because they are trying to emulate what is popular (and hope for some of that success). On the flip side customers are afraid of getting ripped off so they are staying with what is safe and thus not giving those other titles a chance.

Gaming is heading in a very scary direction because so few developers are willing to take a chance and that means that we, the consumers, are going to get less and less options to choose from and by the next generation gaming is going to be done.
    I would argue developers seemingly are afraid to do something new because of how stupid the western game market has become. In all honestly, lets get real for a second and talk about the white elephant in the room. Japanese and Western tastes are different. This is why niche games from each side of the Pacific have problems finding an audience. If people want new and exciting and different stuff, then its going to be niche to start out with. But lets face it, 8/10 times a niche Japanese title tries to come to the States, it gets blasted by incompetent game reviewers who know shit all about journalism, and just because they somehow got a review job for a big site, or really any site metacritic is a part of, they have power to sway people. This is an obvious fact, proven by people in this thread and others who have stated they will not play Game X because the reviews are bad.

The other white elephant is the fact that COD/HALO/MOH games never change. Nothing is NEW. I can pick up Halo 1, and then 3, and except for a couple weapons, ITS THE SAME FUCKING GAME! Of course, how are Japanese developers supposed think of the American market when their reviewers give the same game 9/10's and 10/10's when a series pumps out the same game over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again with cosmetic differences? But when Japan tries to give the west something 'new' it gets lambasted. So why bother bringing the west something new when their professionals keep asking for the same thing over and over and over and over again from their own marketplace?

Although I will thank you Trains for showing me Destructoid gave the game a 3/10. I am so going to have fun ripping that review apart in my review reviews.

L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My first novel can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

Ok I will say a few things here, first...
    I wonder how this game is doing in japan? Do they feel the same?
    Next, the gaming industry is so rigged and full of crap and also hive minded
    If a certain group doesn't like a game then the wanna be's will bash it too
    Also, IMHO I feel as though the west doesn't know what a good game is anymore even if it kicked them in the ass
    The west has changed and accepted games that favor to certain genres of success

Both assassins creed and uncharted multiplayer adopted the prestige concept due to attract some COD fan base
    FPS are fine to those that love it but here we want that same ol Hollywood blockbuster bs
    The more they come out with this COD style demand the more it becomes same shit different toilet paper

Fans will play and love the game or at least respect that they tried something different
    And hopefully capcom learns from the experience
    Only time will tell

But curious to know why they haven't brought back Claire, I miss her
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by ERICVOLTAGE View Post
    Oooo, maybe it'll have a quick price drop.

It won't :/

We can dream. I've seen some crap games drop their prices drastically.

Legend...Nuff Said

Quote Originally Posted by The Secret Society View Post
    Ok I will say a few things here, first...
    I wonder how this game is doing in japan? Do they feel the same?
    Next, the gaming industry is so rigged and full of crap and also hive minded
    If a certain group doesn't like a game then the wanna be's will bash it too
    Also, IMHO I feel as though the west doesn't know what a good game is anymore even if it kicked them in the ass
    The west has changed and accepted games that favor to certain genres of success

Both assassins creed and uncharted multiplayer adopted the prestige concept due to attract some COD fan base
    FPS are fine to those that love it but here we want that same ol Hollywood blockbuster bs
    The more they come out with this COD style demand the more it becomes same shit different toilet paper

Fans will play and love the game or at least respect that they tried something different
    And hopefully capcom learns from the experience
    Only time will tell

But curious to know why they haven't brought back Claire, I miss her
    Famitsu reveals review score for Resident Evil 6 - National Video Game News | Examiner.com

Famitsu gave it a 39/40, which apparently is a 1 point improvement over the 38/40 RE5 got.

L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My first novel can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

Lvl 4 - Silver

I like the game so far, just finished the Chris story and working on Leon. The one thing that does bug me though is that it looks like Capcom jumped on the CoD bandwagon with this one. It feels more like a shooter than it does a survival horror game. Call of Duty is every f'n place and so are about 20,000 forgettable shooters, they didn't need to add a lot of what they did.

I'm an RE junkie so unless it was a complete pile of garbage I was going to get it. I like it, some wont. Either way play it for yourselves and don't trust reviewers because half the time their "expertise" is nowhere to be found anyway.
    Turn it off! Turn it off! Turn it off! Turn it off! TURN IT OFF!

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by skidmarkgn View Post
    One thing I'd like to point out. Capcom also recently made a game that is VERY different in Asura's Wrath, no one bought it. It was (in my opinion) an amazing game, with one of the best stories I've ever seen, but it got criminally overlooked because it didn't fit the standard of what the average person thinks a "game" should be.
    To be fair, I played the demo for Asura's Wrath and found it hilariously over the top and fun, but the demo was two boss fights, listed as separate chapters. It wasn't until after the game came out and I looked up a few reviews and read the trophy guide that I saw there was more to the game than a series of epic QTEs. And I really hadn't heard much about it at all that seemed to justify a $60 price tag. If it had launched at $40, I would have snapped it up. Even now, it's still $50 new. So, I blame Capcom's marketing for that game's failure. I'm still waiting on it to drop a bit more in price before I pick it up...

As for Resident Evil, I understand them making it more and more action-oriented to get more casual CoD/MoH players to buy it, but my question is... did they need to? Were the more horror-centric games not selling as well? Did they even ask the RE fans if they wanted more action? Cause all I've seen is complaints of the lack of horror and abundance of action since they starting making these changes. It seems to me they just decided to change the game without fan feedback, while it was still selling well. If anyone has sales numbers on RE4 and other games that released around that time that were still survival-horror, showing that it was in decline, then I guess they may have been justified. But as far as I can tell, it simply looks like a money-grab. Which is a sad thing.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by ERICVOLTAGE View Post
    Oooo, maybe it'll have a quick price drop.

It won't :/
    Like Duke Nukem Forever? But really, the game only came out on yesterday at midnight, and I will admit, the game lost some of its charm when they took out the zombies in RE4, it still managed to be good...minus the epic Chris V. Boulder Final Boss Fight in RE5. The point is, the hardcore fans are going to be buying it anyway, as well as anyone who enjoys this genre. I bought the Anthology, which game me the first five games (minus Zero), so can anyone really say that it was a bad deal, or that the game sucks? Its all really down to personal likes and dislikes, and not what other people say.

INTJ

when im more afraid of random cars coming out of nowhere than the zombies themselfs you know you fucked up.

it's a decent third person shooter with a mentally retarded plot as far in as im playing right now. You can see they tried really hard to seperate resident evil 6 from the rest of the resident evils but ultimately failed. The Game has some nice graphical scenes. The characters have massive plotholes though (Example, i was hold up in a gun store in the leon campaign, a guys gun jams and decides instead of taking the tons of abundant guns from the cabinets, he steals his girlfriends gun and runs away from us to die.) It's a game i won't remember much after playing but whatever.

tl;dr
    it would of been cool if they pulled a revelations, but they fucked up horribly.

"Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you."

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by Tmac718 View Post
    I Have just turned on the game and finished some opening scene they had and i turned it off Its a pretty bad game ill give it another chance later after i calm down a bit.lol wtf Capcom they better die them bitch ass thieves.
    I am doing a bit of bashing on this game but the lifelong fan in me is actually hoping that I am totally wrong about it and its actually a really good game , let me know how you get on with it mate.
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by babaganoosh08 View Post
    I cant wait to play it. I enjoy were the game has gone in the last 10 years and yes I have been a fan since the first game so yeah I am a true fan of RE. sucks that so many people don't play games for their own experience but to confirm of dispel anything they herd or read in reviews. I pay no attention of any reviews and never have because most of the time its just bollocks anyway. if it does suck, which I doubt, at least I found out myself and not had anyone put doubt or expectations in my head. and at the end of the day. its just a game. like it or hate it and move on.
    Yeah that makes sense , I read many rubbish reviews , I played the demo and didn't like it but hey I will give Capcom 40 of my hard earned money for a game I think is rubbish so I can say I tried it myself..............
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast