Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Resident Evil Is Officially Dead

This is a discussion on Resident Evil Is Officially Dead within the Resident Evil 6 forum, part of the R; Originally Posted by Larrydavidsavatar and i don't believe the haters who say setting yourself on fire is a bad idea ...

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Larrydavidsavatar View Post
    and i don't believe the haters who say setting yourself on fire is a bad idea so i'm going to do it and at least i can say i tried it.

Anyhow, Resident Evil 6 is looking generic and confused and that seems to be the real problem, i'll rent it for a go but my optimism remains doused in petrol, awaiting the lit match of disappointment.
    why bother if that's your mindset? so you can try it anyway?
    THE NOOSH
    BABAGANOOSH08

Lvl 8 - Gold

Resident Evil died a long time ago, when they released RE4. I played the RE6 demo and it was horrible. I couldn't believe the game could be worse than RE5. I enjoyed RE4 and 5 for what they were, shooters that had nothing to do with survival. RE6 felt much worse because gameplay felt strange. The new inventory system is horrible and the karate crap is an abomination.

I'm in no hurry to get the game. It seems CAPCOM really dropped the ball with this one and have no intention of making RE what it used to be.

Lvl 5 - Silver

LOLWUT?! Did i miss some sort of organized raid against this game? The amount of negative reviews is clearly some hardcore trollin'.
    I got nothing else to say, People love smashing things till the ground, I'm not gonna waste time defending RE 6 cuz I know people out there knows the true about all those bad reviews and I know there's more people out there that likes to blind themselfs and burn this game down without any kind of good arguments. That's why I only follow 3 review sites, neutral people who does support the game and not bash it like most of the internet likes it.
    PS4: jGezze7
    ''War... War Never Changes...... Men do, through the roads they walk.''

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I've accepted where the series has gone and it's still a good game for what it is and I'm invested in the story. The story progression doesn't really allow for mansions and police stations anymore. And that departure started with 4 and improved graphics and such. If they tone down the scale, they can bring some of the creepiness back from the PS1 generation.

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by cappa50 View Post
    I've accepted where the series has gone and it's still a good game for what it is and I'm invested in the story. The story progression doesn't really allow for mansions and police stations anymore. And that departure started with 4 and improved graphics and such. If they tone down the scale, they can bring some of the creepiness back from the PS1 generation.
    I think that if they were to focus the game to one or two finely crafted settings it would be awesome , for instance a isolated small town in Alaska , with a secret Lab hidden beneath the town , you cant escape the town cause the snow would kill you and there is no transport , leaving you the only option to see it out to the end , the power could be down as well so you could only find your way about with torches and the weather affects health so travelling between safe areas is got to be done properly . If you apply this to all the old styles of survival horror you could still make cool RE games . I honestly think there is no saving the game now , if I worked for a rival company to Capcom I would deliver the RE everybody wants and just call it something else and steal the franchise from under there feet .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Lvl 7 - Gold

Ok. So when RE4 was released (or almost released), they said the series switched from Survival Horror to Survival Action. Now, RE6 is out and people are still complaining about there's no horror. Why? I'm confused.
    Avy created by Beam and kid420247

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by grayghost View Post
    Ok. So when RE4 was released (or almost released), they said the series switched from Survival Horror to Survival Action. Now, RE6 is out and people are still complaining about there's no horror. Why? I'm confused.
    Well people did not like the changes to RE4 but luckily that games was very good , so people never bothered that much , then 5 great game to play but lost the plot as well now this totally lost the whole identity and the games shit so they getting the shit storm they should have got back at 4 and 5

And Operation Raccoon City enough said on that

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I really liked it a lot from what I've played so far (on a friends PS3) people are just butthurt it isnt horror anymore, survival horror doesnt sell as much as action and the companies prefer to get more money than praise, they dont pay bills with happiness..
    Lanza Del Relampago

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Adell View Post
    I really liked it a lot from what I've played so far (on a friends PS3) people are just butthurt it isnt horror anymore, survival horror doesnt sell as much as action and the companies prefer to get more money than praise, they dont pay bills with happiness..
    Dead Space (especially the first one) begs to differ. Besides, Capcom wouldn't know survival horror sells or not because they haven't made a game like that in ages.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I was never a fan of the games til 5 i just loved the movies but RE6 is a great game, you cant trust reviews cuz everyone out there is different. Ive never read a review that was remotely close to how i felt about a game.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

There is 1 thing that can rescue the serie. Going back to there roots.
    Tis is nothing more than zombi third person shooter with action elements.

RE 1, 2 en 3 where the real survival horror games. RE4, 5 and 6 where to much action based. After 4 I never bought a RE game just because it didn't felt good for me.

I just want to surival and get some wet hands holding my controller when I don't have much bullets left and I hear a creepy zombie. Not to get some cover and a shit load of bullets.
    Gaming is my second life!

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by Yurii_Luv69 View Post
    I was never a fan of the games til 5 i just loved the movies but RE6 is a great game, you cant trust reviews cuz everyone out there is different. Ive never read a review that was remotely close to how i felt about a game.
    Don't get me started on the movies , they probably the reason capcom went down this road of shame

Retired TrophyGuide Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by grayghost View Post
    That's actually pretty simple: Because they keep promising horror. And the keep failing to deliver.

XCON: Enemy Without Bail

Quote Originally Posted by babaganoosh08 View Post
    why bother if that's your mindset? so you can try it anyway?
    Because i hold a sliver of love for the series so i'd much prefer to rent it, possibly finish the story and see if it was ever worth me paying 40 for, if it was then i might buy the next in the series, if it's not, i can be happy knowing i didn't give Capcom money for something substandard, i'm a winner either way.

Nothing wrong with being optimistic, nothing wrong with being cautious, we can both play it with our 'mindsets', it's just my 'mindset' means i'm not 40 poorer for nothing.

Labels

Quote Originally Posted by nauGie View Post
    That's actually pretty simple: Because they keep promising horror. And the keep failing to deliver.
    Please, go ahead and show me where they promised/said it would be horror.
    Thanks to djunglist for the sig

"I went from the slums of hell to paradise in heaven, from a sling shot to a wall of Mac 11's"

Banned

Just in case anyone isn't familiar with the genre's each Resident Evil game falls under, here they are:

Resident Evil - Survival Horror
    Resident Evil 2 - Survival Horror
    Resident Evil 3 - Survival Horror
    Resident Evil Code Veronica X - Survival Horror
    Resident Evil 4 - Survival Action
    Resident Evil 5 - Survival Action
    Resident Evil 6 - Action Shooter

There are 3 different genre's that Capcom have used so far for the series not 2.

Resident PHD

Quote Originally Posted by Trains View Post
    Just in case anyone isn't familiar with the genre's each Resident Evil game falls under, here they are:

Resident Evil - Survival Horror
    Resident Evil 2 - Survival Horror
    Resident Evil 3 - Survival Horror
    Resident Evil Code Veronica X - Survival Horror
    Resident Evil 4 - Survival Action
    Resident Evil 5 - Survival Action
    Resident Evil 6 - Action Shooter

There are 3 different genre's that Capcom have used so far for the series not 2.
    Don't forget Rail Shooter with Umbrella Chronicles

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

JAE
    Lvl 2 - Bronze

I wait a little and borrow it from a friend to see if its really that bad (so far he's saying its a great game but i wait till i try it myself)
    The bird of the Hermes is my name, Eat my wings to make me Tame
    Tales of Fantasy VII

Toggle Spoiler

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    Don't forget Rail Shooter with Umbrella Chronicles
    I was just talking about the main series, not all those rubbish spin-offs. They've also added FPS with the survivor spin-off games.

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

Quote Originally Posted by Trains View Post
    I was just talking about the main series, not all those rubbish spin-offs. They've also added FPS with the survivor spin-off games.
    They added that play style to make it like a house of the dead/time crisis style

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast