Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Resident Evil Is Officially Dead

This is a discussion on Resident Evil Is Officially Dead within the Resident Evil 6 forum, part of the R; My thing with all the negative reviews is a majority give it a low score because in their mind it ...

Lvl 4 - Silver

My thing with all the negative reviews is a majority give it a low score because in their mind it wasn't "Resident Evil" enough for them. The problem is if the game isn't exactly what the first was people get angry if its just like the first one people get angry. There is no such thing as a happy gamer in a long running series anymore. I didn't expect an old school RE game when I purchased it, and I didn't get one. Am I mad or think the game is bad for it. NO. I can see giving a game a bad score because of technical issues. I haven't seen any of these issues yet which is good, and the game play is just fine with me. I was reading reviews the other day and the comments and the bulk of the complaining was because you are to agile.... Really? that's a problem? Just my two rambling cents
    Outside the dream world, life can be harsh, even cruel, but it is life.

Retired TrophyGuide Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by AlecDawesome View Post
    Please, go ahead and show me where they promised/said it would be horror.
    The 'horror' trailer? And all the stuff on their home page?

http://screensnapr.com/v/Cueyhm.png

It's a key element of their advertisement. Lol, even the plat tells about it: Congratulations. You've overcome all your fears in RESIDENT EVIL 6! You should at least google before posting...

Lvl 9 - Gold

I never found the first set of games to be that scary. The zombies just look like a bunch of drunks or someone who just stumbled out of bed and is still half asleep. Whenever I would see a zombie coming at me I would have to quickly pause the game just to laugh and then unpause and walk to a safe distance and kill the zombie rinse and repeat. I enjoyed R.E. 4 especially having to kill that big fish. That was a heart pounding moment for me when you seen that giant creature swim under your boat and also when you got knocked out of the boat and had to swim back before it ate you. As for R.E. 5 I haven't played enough to have any thoughts on it and seeing footage of number 6 it looks pretty good. Will need to play the demo to see what all this funk is about.

PRO Member

Just read the review from 1 of my fav sites sorry is a spanish site now i can buy it without fears it saids lol
    Análisis Resident Evil 6 PlayStation 3 | MeriStation.com

Lvl 8 - Gold

This isn't just about RE games not being scary as the old ones, it's about the survival aspect of the games as well. Going from saving ammo and items to picking them up from enemies or buying them in RE4/5 was a dumb idea. Then there's the crapload of enemies that jump out every 10 steps you take, no puzzles, kicking and punching enemies until they die and having shootouts with said enemies. If I want to play a shooter I'll play an FPS or an established shooter series. It's not like they're in short supply.

Lvl 4 - Silver

I never listen to Reviews anyway, i buy the game if he looks like a good game in a Gameplay video then i buy him but the Leon campaign was fun in the demo but i hated the Chris campaign, but i guess i wait for a Gold Edition of RE 6. And RE games aren't dead but Capcom just made a bad move at trying to change the game too much

Perfecting since 1996

I actually really enjoyed Resident Evil 5 when it came out, but have not tried RE6 just yet. I hope that the reviewers are judging it as an action game and not the horror series that they remember or else they are not doing the game any justice.

Sig by Bladia

Lvl 1 - Bronze

People are just scared of change ... The gaming industry is forever changing and evolving ... At the end of the day it comes down to if you dont like the idea of the game then dont buy it DUH!

*Currently Playing RE6*

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Yurii_Luv69 View Post
    People are just scared of change ... The gaming industry is forever changing and evolving ... At the end of the day it comes down to if you dont like the idea of the game then dont buy it DUH!

*Currently Playing RE6*
    I was waiting for someone to use the word evolution in this case. I'm open to change, good change. This is not it nor is it evolution.

The "don't like the game don't buy it" argument is old. I USED to like RE games. I don't like where the series is going and I'm not just gonna lay down and take everything the developers throw at me and say thank you while doing it. People need to complain or the change you mentioned won't happen. If people willingly accept everything, developers/publishers think they can get away with it and they keep giving us poor products.

If no one complains maybe next time we'll get a proper RE shooter. /sarcasm
    Last edited by Silent Assassin; 10-04-2012 at 04:35 PM. Reason: Typos

Labels

Quote Originally Posted by mattveego View Post
    I actually really enjoyed Resident Evil 5 when it came out, but have not tried RE6 just yet. I hope that the reviewers are judging it as an action game and not the horror series that they remember or else they are not doing the game any justice.
    The reason some of the reviews are so low is because it's not scary so therefore not an original RE game. If this was it new IP it would be getting great scores.
    Thanks to djunglist for the sig

"I went from the slums of hell to paradise in heaven, from a sling shot to a wall of Mac 11's"

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Assassin View Post
    I was waiting for someone to use the word evolution in this case. I'm open to change, good change. This is not it nor is it evolution.

The "don't like the game don't buy it" argument is old. I USED to like RE games. I don't like where the series is going but I'm not just gonna lay down and take everything the developers throw at me and say thank you while doing it. People need to complain or the change you mentioned won't happen. If people willingly accept everything, developers/publishers think they can get away with it and they keep giving us poor products.

If no one complains maybe next time we'll get a proper RE shooter. /sarcasm
    One thing here I wholeheartedly agree with. People (especially gamers) definitely do need to complain. Seems like complaining is the only way people can function anymore.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by skidmarkgn View Post
    One thing here I wholeheartedly agree with. People (especially gamers) definitely do need to complain. Seems like complaining is the only way people can function anymore.
    There's A LOT of complaining in the gaming industry these days, I'll agree on that. However, there's a difference between just moaning for the sake of moaning and legitimate complaints that may persuade developers to take action and change something for the better. After all we pay for these products, they're not being given to us for free.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Assassin View Post
    There's A LOT of complaining in the gaming industry these days, I'll agree on that. However, there's a difference between just moaning for the sake of moaning and legitimate complaints that may persuade developers to take action and change something for the better. After all we pay for these products, they're not being given to us for free.
    They're also not forcing anyone to buy it. Don't forget that "change something for the better" is also a matter of being in the eye of the beholder. On this thread alone there's plenty of people that are fine with the changes and said they're really enjoying themselves. Who are we to declare that they're wrong and the game needs to be changed period?

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Didn't 5 get good reviews? And IMO it was the worse of the series. This is all opinion based, and for people who only played the demo, trust me the game is a bit different than what you might think. I had some complaints in the demo, but when I played Leon's main campaign it literally blew some of my complaints out the water. For instance I felt that Leon's campaign was too easy......it was NOT at all. The game does have a few problems, but overall a good game. Not 10 out of 10 or even 9 out of 10, but still good and way better than 5

Labels

Quote Originally Posted by Tmac718 View Post
    What are you an idiot??do you read what you typed??? Adult Fans bought the game because it was resident evil 6 the 6 means 6 games in a series which means that it would kinda follow along in a series so fans of it will buy it! If they wanna change shit this drastically change the name to IDK capcom needs 10 year olds to save their company! Every dev knows kids love this shit and are too stupid to see how shitty this game is! Atleast let your fanbase know whats up though thats why they were raped in reveiws by users and critics! Had nothing to do with survival or horror the game hasnt had that in years its about using a Class A Franchise series and putting out the opposite. No one likes being tricked when money is on the line.
    You're ignorance is astounding. You obviously don't know what you're talking about.
    Thanks to djunglist for the sig

"I went from the slums of hell to paradise in heaven, from a sling shot to a wall of Mac 11's"

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by AlecDawesome View Post
    You're ignorance is astounding. You obviously don't know what you're talking about.
    Hey one mans trash is another mans Treasure. I understand!! Just my opinion up there!

Gaming since 1985!

Ok, lemme just throw this out there. I've been playing ALL RE games since the first. Yeah, the first 3 at best were "scary". But times have changed. I understand that everyone still wants that epic scary moment. Guess what, it isn't gonna happen, or at best, you'll get a taste here and there. Our senses have been dulled down after years of compulsive game playing. Dead Space 1 &2 should have blown my socks off and made me s*** my pants. Guess what, didn't happen. Anything after the 1st Silent Hill game, meh. Plaese keep in mind this is my own opinion. But please think about these things before you rant and complain and look like an idiot. Games and genres ARE evolving. If everything stayed the same, what would happen? "Oh, here we go again, another RE game trying to be scary. Wow, can't they do something different?" Some people just wanna whine to sound like they know something. For f***'s sake, grab a tampon and plug up your leaky holes. Enjoy a game for what it is, instead of hating on it for what it isn't. And if you have been hating on it and not played it, shut up. Seriously.
    Last edited by jess1234567; 10-04-2012 at 10:24 PM.

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

In another forum where I saw bashers of this game I honestly asked them if they played it and they said no What that shows is somebody's else thoughts dictates there own, slave minded ask morpheus.On a serious note let's be realistic here this game cannot be horror forever and here's why

Resident evil 1 took place in a isolated mansion in the middle of no where, so survival horror would play the main theme
    Resident evil 2 a small town, sewers, laboratory, yeah survival horror still present here
    Resident evil 3 same town just different character, introduced mercinaries and a wider plot, things change slightly
    Resident evil code Veronica, isolated prison island, of course survival horror fits here
    Resident evil 4 Leons mission to get Ashley and fights bio terrorist family, gets a bit action paced in an opened area
    Resident evil 5 Chris and Sheva hunt , open areas in Africa were parasite fought back got exaggerated in action
    Resident evil 6, china, edonia, etc cities got involved area too big to make survival horrors action was necessary because this game is not or never truly was about zombies and scaring you, it was about bio terrorism saving the world from evil

I get annoyed of people complaining about bringing back the old school zombies, this game was never about them People in the west failed to realize that this game is originally called bio hazard with a good reason it's about bio weapons All kinds and not just zombies

Plus those who want an old school re remake, the old re just had zombie staying still and moved as you got close in slow movement, besides real monsters lick hunters, lickers, etc.The reasons things changed so much is because gaming become more suspenseful and thrilling with a faster pace of actionI wont say capcom doesn't plan on making re games to make quick profits, it's a business after all
    But no game stays the same after so many years, they evolve as gaming technology and consumerism does Yes a few things about re 6 bother me but not to a point were I'm psychologically trying to change the opinions of others To share in my views, fans will support the titles no question about it, and those not as submerged in the franchise will discard it

Also i feel that the west is part to blame for this games disappointment why you ask? Because Asia plays different games and has a different market than the west We like the COD, gears of war, action packed war games with crazy shit blowing up It's in the movies as well, Hollywood makes every summer a senseless blow shit up film and people go and pay to see it

This game is doing extremely well and supported in japan Til I see the day japan says resident evil has gone to shit I can't take reviews seriously without playing it myself And give this game more credit, it's a franchise trying to adapt in a time of action packed bullshitThere's only a small percentage of gamers who want the classic style back so it won't support sales anyway so fans would just be killing this title themselves and blame capcom for listening to them lolAnd there are my two cents on this matter and franchise now I will go surf the skies on my flying nimbus

Resident PHD

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    LMAO i dont know why it came out like that ill fix it
    looks like i wrote a whole novel

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast