Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Resident Evil Is Officially Dead

This is a discussion on Resident Evil Is Officially Dead within the Resident Evil 6 forum, part of the R; After playing through 2 full campaigns, Leon and Chris, with a kick-a** buddy, all I have to say is, RE6 ...

\(^o^)/ (・。・)

After playing through 2 full campaigns, Leon and Chris, with a kick-a** buddy, all I have to say is, RE6 is bloody good! It combined both action and horror elements quite well; those regenerating zombies certainly put the creepy in horror. And the bosses are something surreal; so good and so epic at the same time. Seriously, if you want to waste time posting negative reviews about a game you may or may not have played yet, play it first. =3
    | Avatar by In2 | | Sig by Athena |

PRO Member

The game was fucking awesome, my favorite so far this year. Its tons better than RE4 and RE5, Can't really compare it to the originals since its nearly 10 years later.. however I enjoyed this game just as much as I enjoyed Resident Evil 2 and 3 the first time I played them. So thats pretty fucking good... I would rate the game 9/10 easily. All 4 campaigns are fun and exciting in their own little unique way.

The only complaints I have is the quick time events, I dont mind them most of the time.. but I felt there was just way too many.
    Platinums: 29 (1st to last)
    COD5, Fallout 3, COD6, Demon Souls, Assassins Creed 2, MAG, Bad Company 2, Dragon Age Origins, Fallout New Vegas, Medal of Honor, COD7, Socom 4, Resident Evil 5, Assassins Creed Brotherhood, Mass Effect 2, Killzone 3, Bioshock, Dead Rising 2, Uncharted 2, Trine, Resistance 3, Dead Island, Battlefield 3, DC Universe, Skyrim, Trine 2, Mass Effect 3, Assassins Creed Revelations, and Dragon Age 2.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

RE:5 had some bad reviews but I'm happy I got it. Not the best but still fun to me, especially Mercenaries. Have not played 6 yet but it's on the list.

Retired TrophyGuide Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by MafiaBrett View Post
    The game was fucking awesome, my favorite so far this year. Its tons better than RE4 and RE5, Can't really compare it to the originals since its nearly 10 years later.. however I enjoyed this game just as much as I enjoyed Resident Evil 2 and 3 the first time I played them. So thats pretty fucking good... I would rate the game 9/10 easily. All 4 campaigns are fun and exciting in their own little unique way.

The only complaints I have is the quick time events, I dont mind them most of the time.. but I felt there was just way too many.
    This one better than 4? LOL! Glad you enjoyed it though.

Edit: Oh, and I agree, it's better than 5. Walking while shooting FTW

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by nauGie View Post
    This one better than 4? LOL! Glad you enjoyed it though.
    Yes I did find it more exciting than 4, There was more moments in this game where I had that little face going on than I did in RE4 or RE5 combined. There was also more moments in this game where I was frantically trying to smash the buttons because of the enemies swarming me. Did you play on Professional difficulty right off from the bat? Because im not sure if that made it feel more like survival to me or not.. but either way the whole game was just epic.
    COD5, Fallout 3, COD6, Demon Souls, Assassins Creed 2, MAG, Bad Company 2, Dragon Age Origins, Fallout New Vegas, Medal of Honor, COD7, Socom 4, Resident Evil 5, Assassins Creed Brotherhood, Mass Effect 2, Killzone 3, Bioshock, Dead Rising 2, Uncharted 2, Trine, Resistance 3, Dead Island, Battlefield 3, DC Universe, Skyrim, Trine 2, Mass Effect 3, Assassins Creed Revelations, and Dragon Age 2.

Yes I did find it more exciting than 4, There was more moments in this game where I had that little face going on than I did in RE4 or RE5 combined. There was also more moments in this game where I was frantically trying to smash the buttons because of the enemies swarming me. Did you play on Professional difficulty right off from the bat? Because im not sure if that made it feel more like survival to me or not.. but either way the whole game was just epic.
    No I played on normal. Run out of ammo the whole anyway. ... I suppose this was even worse on pro? Kudos for starting on pro without having bought some skills first.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by nauGie View Post
    No I played on normal. Run out of ammo the whole anyway. ... I suppose this was even worse on pro? Kudos for starting on pro without having bought some skills first.
    Yeah of course, Im suprised more people don't.. they complain about games not having survival elements.. well MAKE it a challenge for yourself, don't use skill sets and play on the hardest difficulty, and never use infinite ammo.. thats what I always do. Its more fun this way.

When a enemy 'grabs' me, it automatically takes off 2 bars of health, most bosses if they hit you, its almost a instant takedown.
    XD so you can imagine how i was on edge the whole game, and plus the good story this game had, thats why I say this is the best RE since the originals.

Yeah of course, Im suprised more people don't.. they complain about games not having survival elements.. well MAKE it a challenge for yourself, don't use skill sets and play on the hardest difficulty, and never use infinite ammo.. thats what I always do. Its more fun this way.

When a enemy 'grabs' me, it automatically takes off 2 bars of health, most bosses if they hit you, its almost a instant takedown.
    XD so you can imagine how i was on edge the whole game, and plus the good story this game had, thats why I say this is the best RE since the originals.
    Don't think I can agree on 'good story'. And the game being hard on pro has nothing to do with survival elements. Ninja Gaiden on Master Ninja is pretty hard, yet it has nothing to do with survival. Sure you are on edge when playing a hard game where every mistake leads to your death, but if that was what made a game a 'survival' game then we wouldn't need to complain about a lack of good games of this genre.

Lvl 5 - Silver

Didn't like RE5 much, decided not to get 6, these reviews justify my decision nicely.
    INTERESTED IN YOUTUBE PARTNERSHIP? APPLY NOW!
    https://partner.makerstudios.com/?re...0UU00000048Wmj
    Check out my Videos!

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by skidmarkgn View Post
    They're also not forcing anyone to buy it. Don't forget that "change something for the better" is also a matter of being in the eye of the beholder. On this thread alone there's plenty of people that are fine with the changes and said they're really enjoying themselves. Who are we to declare that they're wrong and the game needs to be changed period?
    You do have a point. However, most of the fans that praise the games are hardcore fans and for some reason are afraid to come out and say there's something wrong. I'm a big MGS fan but I'll still speak up if I don't like something.

I played the demo and I must say I liked RE5 more. Chris' campaign felt like a poorly executed shooter. People have different tastes and not everyone likes the same things. That's great because, as they say, variety is the spice of life. The thing is, that variety is being destroyed when developers cater to the casual gamer. If I want to play an action game I'll play an action game. Not every game needs to follow the same pattern or we'll end up with pretty much the same concept in every game

I know making games is big business and costs a lot these days, but that doesn't mean they can't stay true to their fanbase and still attract newcomers. Didn't RE4 come relatively close to that? Though that marked the downfall of RE it still had a decent atmosphere. Take that, make ammo and supplies extremely limited, keep the camera, less enemies to build up tension and you'll have a game old and new fans will buy.

I'm not one of those people that bash a game because it's cool or popular. I form my own opinions and I wouldn't have said anything if I hadn't tried the game or watched gameplay of it. The demo put me off buying it for now but we'll see how thing turn out for RE in the future.

Labels

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Assassin View Post
    You do have a point. However, most of the fans that praise the games are hardcore fans and for some reason are afraid to come out and say there's something wrong. I'm a big MGS fan but I'll still speak up if I don't like something.

I played the demo and I must say I liked RE5 more. Chris' campaign felt like a poorly executed shooter. People have different tastes and not everyone likes the same things. That's great because, as they say, variety is the spice of life. The thing is, that variety is being destroyed when developers cater to the casual gamer. If I want to play an action game I'll play an action game. Not every game needs to follow the same pattern or we'll end up with pretty much the same concept in every game

I know making games is big business and costs a lot these days, but that doesn't mean they can't stay true to their fanbase and still attract newcomers. Didn't RE4 come relatively close to that? Though that marked the downfall of RE it still had a decent atmosphere. Take that, make ammo and supplies extremely limited, keep the camera, less enemies to build up tension and you'll have a game old and new fans will buy.

I'm not one of those people that bash a game because it's cool or popular. I form my own opinions and I wouldn't have said anything if I hadn't tried the game or watched gameplay of it. The demo put me off buying it for now but we'll see how thing turn out for RE in the future.
    We're in no way "afraid" to say something wrong. Me, being a hardcore RE fan, can accept that it's changed, since I see nothing wrong with this change. If the series stayed the the same in every game it would be bashed for not doing anything different.
    Thanks to djunglist for the sig

"I went from the slums of hell to paradise in heaven, from a sling shot to a wall of Mac 11's"

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by AlecDawesome View Post
    We're in no way "afraid" to say something wrong. Me, being a hardcore RE fan, can accept that it's changed, since I see nothing wrong with this change. If the series stayed the the same in every game it would be bashed for not doing anything different.
    I was referring to comments I've read on various site that say thing like "I'll get it and like it just because it's Resident Evil." Like they owe something to it. And it DID change. RE4 changed the series, but they should know when enough is enough.

And I can't believe how long this debate has dragged out. The good thing is everyone's respectful so it's enjoyable.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Regarding the title of this thread, since the RE series is about (essentially) zombies,.......hasn't Resident Evil always been dead?

;-)

"Stay Positive & Love Your Life"
    - 311 -

PRO Member

Thats unfortunate

Perfect Platinum Streak Bar by RaveNScythE18

Platinum Bar by dsluckay

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by DETfaninATL View Post
    Regarding the title of this thread, since the RE series is about (essentially) zombies,.......hasn't Resident Evil always been dead?

;-)
    Wrong.. Resident Evil series has never been about zombies, its a game series about Bio-Terrorism. Sure some of the viruses make zombies, but the same virus can also mutate someone beyond the point of a zombie. People forget the original games didnt just have zombies, it had more enemies (Lickers, Snakes, Bats, Hunters, Tyrants, Nemesis, etc..)

I'm A Walking Anime......

For me..Resident Evil died a long time ago
    Sig and Avy made by the talented DaRe_xLw

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Well i like the game a lot though...Its time consuming and obviously more longer 4-5 times than RE5...And about review telling about same enemy over and over...How about ninja gaiden? It force you to face your previous boss again from the start to end...Well just my opinion though...Cheers

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Kratos06 View Post
    For me..Resident Evil died a long time ago
    Yeah I Agree.Since RE4 It Obviously Different...Zombie Which Can Talk, Hold Weapon, etc etc...I Much Prefer The Old Classic RE Though...I'm Guessing After Shinji Mikami Leaves Capcom RE Series Becomes Somewhat Sucks

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Honestly RE6 was one of my first games I have ever brought for myself and one of the first I had ever pre-ordered since I loved Resident Evil 5 I thought 6 would be along those lines more so than raccoon city...But it isn't. I didn't like it since the demo and since I got it I have tried it for maybe not even 10 minutes then didn't want to play it more...I might give it another chance or just give it away, I don't go by reviews or anything and I hate when people are hating on something, but it just isn't as I had hoped and I was so excited for it! ;__;

Labels

Quote Originally Posted by x-X-xAyax-X-x View Post
    Honestly RE6 was one of my first games I have ever brought for myself and one of the first I had ever pre-ordered since I loved Resident Evil 5 I thought 6 would be along those lines more so than raccoon city...But it isn't. I didn't like it since the demo and since I got it I have tried it for maybe not even 10 minutes then didn't want to play it more...I might give it another chance or just give it away, I don't go by reviews or anything and I hate when people are hating on something, but it just isn't as I had hoped and I was so excited for it! ;__;
    10 minutes isn't really giving it a chance.
    Thanks to djunglist for the sig

"I went from the slums of hell to paradise in heaven, from a sling shot to a wall of Mac 11's"

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast