Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Resident Evil Is Officially Dead

This is a discussion on Resident Evil Is Officially Dead within the Resident Evil 6 forum, part of the R; Here are just a few of the many mixed review scores (mostly negative) Resident Evil 6 has received: Destructoid 3/10 ...

Banned

Resident Evil Is Officially Dead

Here are just a few of the many mixed review scores (mostly negative) Resident Evil 6 has received:

Destructoid 3/10
    Gametrailers 8.8/10
    Gamesradar 3.5/5
    Gamespot 4.5/10
    Edge 6/10
    Eurogamer 6/10
    IGN 7.9/10
    1up C+
    G4TV 2.5/5

Resident Evil is currently the worst reviewed main game of the entire series:
    Game News: Resident Evil 6 Is Currently The Worst-Reviewed Main Game Of The Entire Series : FMV Magazine

It looks unlikely that Capcom will continue the action route if they decide to make a Resident Evil 7.
    Capcom's viral marketing for the game shows that they weren't very confident it wasn't going to do so well review wise so now it all boils down to the sales it will get. Either way the franchise has been dealt quite a blow and it's going to be quite difficult to recover from it.

edit: Actually there is as of now no doubt in my mind that Capcom will continue to spew out action resident evil games saying as Resident Evil 6 somehow topped 4.5 million sales in just over a day.
    Which brings me back to the title of this thread, except now unlike a zombies it's going to stay dead!
    Last edited by Trains; 10-07-2012 at 12:51 PM.

Rangers F.C

This comes as no surprise its a game thats lost its core and tried too make its self a game for every gamer ( greedy fucking assholes ) and the result is nobody likes it , decided I was not getting it after the shit demo
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Plats-O'-War!!

The game JUST came out!! Give it a month and see where it stands (reviews and such). Not going to judge it until I play it myself.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kidson2004 View Post
    The game JUST came out!! Give it a month and see where it stands (reviews and such). Not going to judge it until I play it myself.
    That's the problem, I'm not telling you not to buy it, but if you do buy it then Capcom gets your money and hence if it sucks, you still supported it.
    That's what the reviews are there for, to warn people about what they're spending their money on.
    Also everyone knows the demo was shit lol.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Very mixed reviews, not sure i am going to bother with it

She Got Me Up All Night

Quote Originally Posted by Trains View Post
    That's the problem, I'm not telling you not to buy it, but if you do buy it then Capcom gets your money and hence if it sucks, you still supported it.
    That's what the reviews are there for, to warn people about what they're spending their money on.
    I can guarantee you have some shitty games, who care what anybody plays or wants to play? we all have different opinions and like different genre's of games!! Reviews aren't made to prevent people from buying games they are reviewing it as a consumer and their opinions what their take is.
    PPS bar by Smashguy

Sig & Avy by Dare

Made by Pancake Model

Rangers F.C

Thought the IGN score was pretty high , when normally they score lower than the game actually is , it turns out IGN co hosted the games launch with Capcom so there were probably a few brown envelops passed IGN's way to review the game

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Yoo_Hoo_Sniper View Post
    I can guarantee you have some shitty games, who care what anybody plays or wants to play? we all have different opinions and like different genre's of games!! Reviews aren't made to prevent people from buying games they are reviewing it as a consumer and their opinions what their take is.
    I stand by everything I previously said, also I never said reviews were there to prevent people from buying games, I said they're there to warn people what they're spending their money on, if the reviews in general are good then people will be inclined to buy the game and vice versa.
    Also you can guarantee I have some shitty games? that sounds like something a butthurt youtuber would say lololol... but for the record I don't buy shitty games!

Korean Girl Group Groupie

Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    Thought the IGN score was pretty high , when normally they score lower than the game actually is , it turns out IGN co hosted the games launch with Capcom so there were probably a few brown envelops passed IGN's way to review the game
    If you read the actual review, it's one of the few that rationalizes it's decisions. Rich (the guy who did the review) actually even expanded further in the comments and answered a lot of questions that the readers had. I know, like modern Resident Evil titles, it's the in vogue thing to bash the site, but this is one of their better well-rounded reviews and the additional input directly to the users make it probably the best written one they have done all year.

The game has it's faults, but I think a lot of people are being overly-critical. It's not going to be everybody's cup of tea because the franchise comes with preconceived notions and expectations, but it has it's good points as well, which a lot of reviews seem to be overlooking in exchange for piling on as many colorfully negative adjectives and similes that they can think up.

The demo does give a fair idea of what the game offers - and is one of the cases where people who are on the fence, should give a go to decide whether or not they like the game. The reviews for the most part, seem to be cases of so-called writers finding a front to dump all the negative analogies that they want upon the title - in an overtly bias way.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

Your not saying we should buy it but if people look to reviewers for opinions then they're telling people not to buy it
    Game just came out and I'm sure they didn't play the whole game
    Or maybe it just avows who capcom paid off lol
    I'm playing it now and so far it's good

O_o

Oooo, maybe it'll have a quick price drop.

It won't :/

Rangers F.C

I have read four different reviews now and they are all bashing it even the ones which scored it reasonably well and putting this to my own experience of the demo it is officially dead in my eyes , was only joking about IGN just saw that they co launched it . Not to get off the real point here the game is all over the place it was the least exciting RE experience I have ever had . I truly hope the game bombs so they rethink what they are doing to a once great title . But many so called fans will buy this and say its great anyway and we will get served up more shit like this instead of addressing the games flaws.

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by Rubicant81 View Post
    If you read the actual review, it's one of the few that rationalizes it's decisions. Rich (the guy who did the review) actually even expanded further in the comments and answered a lot of questions that the readers had. I know, like modern Resident Evil titles, it's the in vogue thing to bash the site, but this is one of their better well-rounded reviews and the additional input directly to the users make it probably the best written one they have done all year.

The game has it's faults, but I think a lot of people are being overly-critical. It's not going to be everybody's cup of tea because the franchise comes with preconceived notions and expectations, but it has it's good points as well, which a lot of reviews seem to be overlooking in exchange for piling on as many colorfully negative adjectives and similes that they can think up.

The demo does give a fair idea of what the game offers - and is one of the cases where people who are on the fence, should give a go to decide whether or not they like the game. The reviews for the most part, seem to be cases of so-called writers finding a front to dump all the negative analogies that they want upon the title - in an overtly bias way.
    Read half of it before I got bored with it , you should read the Destructoid review it sounds about right to me

Resident PHD

Hey Trains, do you work for Capcom...No...then it isn't Officially over.

Now that I got that out of the way, here are my two cents. Game companies are getting more and more afraid to be different. Everyone is turning out the same game over and over because they are trying to emulate what is popular (and hope for some of that success). On the flip side customers are afraid of getting ripped off so they are staying with what is safe and thus not giving those other titles a chance.

Gaming is heading in a very scary direction because so few developers are willing to take a chance and that means that we, the consumers, are going to get less and less options to choose from and by the next generation gaming is going to be done.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Secret Society View Post

Your not saying we should buy it but if people look to reviewers for opinions then they're telling people not to buy it
    Game just came out and I'm sure they didn't play the whole game
    Or maybe it just avows who capcom paid off lol
    I'm playing it now and so far it's good
    Reviewers get games early so they can finish them and have a review done by the time it's released.
    It doesn't bother me if people buy it or not, and if you happen to like it then all the better!
    All I'm saying is that the majority of the reviews as of now have been below average, and the ONLY people that would look past those review scores are the people who liked the Shinji Mikami styled games, but he left after RE4 and even himself stated that he was not a fan of RE5 and he said that RE6 looks like a Hollywood blockbuster, the core is gone, the series has changed for the worse, anybody that says otherwise is holding onto that little hope that the series is going to get better, but when you replace talent with greed it will only ever get worse.
    Everybody wants to relive their childhood but it's in the past and it's staying there.

Plats-O'-War!!

Reviewers get games early so they can finish them and have a review done by the time it's released.
    It doesn't bother me if people buy it or not, and if you happen to like it then all the better!
    All I'm saying is that the majority of the reviews as of now have been below average, and the ONLY people that would look past those review scores are the people who liked the Shinji Mikami styled games, but he left after RE4 and even himself stated that he was not a fan of RE5 and he said that RE6 looks like a Hollywood blockbuster, the core is gone, the series has changed for the worse, anybody that says otherwise is holding onto that little hope that the series is going to get better, but when you replace talent with greed it will only ever get worse.
    Everybody wants to relive their childhood but it's in the past and it's staying there.
    But, the problem is that times are changing. Back in the day, you could play an old school R.E game with everything that came with it and it was fine, but now, game developers have to tend to those who aren't into scary, horror games (yes, I know, Dead Space is basically what R.E should still be). Now, they take out what made the game successful back then, and pasted more action so that it would sell more to the casual gamer. Yes, us die-hard R.E fans want the game to go back to "normal", but in this day and age, I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kidson2004 View Post
    But, the problem is that times are changing. Back in the day, you could play an old school R.E game with everything that came with it and it was fine, but now, game developers have to tend to those who aren't into scary, horror games (yes, I know, Dead Space is basically what R.E should still be). Now, they take out what made the game successful back then, and pasted more action so that it would sell more to the casual gamer. Yes, us die-hard R.E fans want the game to go back to "normal", but in this day and age, I don't see that happening anytime soon.
    I'm perfectly aware of the whole 'cater to the masses' side of things, but when you have such a devoted fan base to a series and you change it entirely you're going to get haters, especially since that change came after the creator of the series left. This isn't the only reason the game is getting bashed so hard by the average reviewer, it's supposed to have many technical problems too like bad camera angles, screen tearing and melee combat alongside way too many QTE's takes you out of the experience, I also read about many glitches etc.
    Resident Evil has sold it's identity for a bigger fan base, don't feel bad for Capcom, they're already thinking of ways to screw you with DLC, 3 multiplayer modes and many alternate costumes have already been announced (no doubt disc locked content), they will all be sold separately too to maximise profits, and I'm sure there will be plenty more DLC to follow, all being vastly overpriced of course.

Also @ dr_mayus
    I said officially dead because I was referring to the majority of the review scores, not officially over as in the end of the actual series.

PRO Member

I Have just turned on the game and finished some opening scene they had and i turned it off Its a pretty bad game ill give it another chance later after i calm down a bit.lol wtf Capcom they better die them bitch ass thieves.

Angel of Death

Sad to see the poor reviews, but to be honest, I am enjoying it, and that really is all that matters, that you enjoy it... Although these reviews are still a bit disheartening...

Resident PHD

Also @ dr_mayus
    I said officially dead because I was referring to the majority of the review scores, not officially over as in the end of the actual series.
    I know I am just a stickler for how people use words

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast