Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Resident Evil , how would you rate it ?

This is a discussion on Resident Evil , how would you rate it ? within the Resident Evil 6 forum, part of the R; I really enjoy it and im on my 2nd playthrough currently....

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I really enjoy it and im on my 2nd playthrough currently.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Once I got over the item/camera/control difficulties/skill set thing I really got into the game. First 2 hours were tough, though. I was going to rate the game not so great but that was only after I played Chris' campaign because I despise CoD. Leon's campaign is pretty cool and has a lot of environments reminiscent of other RE games. Just starting on Jake now. I think it's a great follow up to 5. Different yet the same, if that makes any sense.

9/10. (So far)
    Turn it off! Turn it off! Turn it off! Turn it off! TURN IT OFF!

Retired TrophyGuide Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by AlecDawesome View Post
    10/10 From what I've played so far (Beginning of Leon's campaign and a lot of Mercenaries co-op using all characters)
    Huh? I just realized: To unlock Mercenaries you have to beat the first three campaigns...

Labels

Quote Originally Posted by nauGie View Post
    Huh? I just realized: To unlock Mercenaries you have to beat the first three campaigns...
    No, Mercenaries is already unlocked once you start the game. You need to beat the campaigns to unlock Agent Hunt mode.
    Thanks to djunglist for the sig

"I went from the slums of hell to paradise in heaven, from a sling shot to a wall of Mac 11's"

No, Mercenaries is already unlocked once you start the game. You need to beat the campaigns to unlock Agent Hunt mode.
    That's weird. I got a message saying I had unlocked Mercenaries after I'd beaten the third campaign.

Labels

That's weird. I got a message saying I had unlocked Mercenaries after I'd beaten the third campaign.
    Strange. I also remember an announcement before the game was released about how you didn't need to beat the campaign for Mercenaries. Maybe you unlocked an extra map for Mercenaries and not the whole mode?

"I went from the slums of hell to paradise in heaven, from a sling shot to a wall of Mac 11's"

Strange. I also remember an announcement before the game was released about how you didn't need to beat the campaign for Mercenaries. Maybe you unlocked an extra map for Mercenaries and not the whole mode?
    I just checked on my GF's account (had to beat the tutorial and one chapter first ) and both modes are blocked. :S For Agent Hunt it says it's unlocked by completing one of the campaigns, for mercenaries it says you have to beat all campaigns.

Labels

I just checked on my GF's account (had to beat the tutorial and one chapter first ) and both modes are blocked. :S For Agent Hunt it says it's unlocked by completing one of the campaigns, for mercenaries it says you have to beat all campaigns.
    I guess it must be because you have the German version?

I guess it must be because you have the German version?
    Yeah that could be the reason Dammit, we have to do it the hard way! At least it should be the same for the whole EU

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I would give it a 8 out of 10. If the whole game was like Leon's campaign, it would have been better. Jake is cool and chris's campaign is meh (so far). But overall still a good game overall

Edit: also like to point out this game is WAYYY better than 5

Okay, after having played all four campaigns here is my final rating:

Leon's Campaign: 8/10 One of the best campaigns in the game. Starts as a 9/10, ends somewhere around 7/10, so a good 8/10
    Jake's Campaign: 7/10 This campaign has its moments, I really liked the first and the third chapter... chapter 2 was just annoying.
    Chris' Campaign: 4/10 One of the worst things I've played in my whole life. The only reason I'm giving four points instead of 2 or 3 is that some of the bosses where epic. Apart from that I was either bored or annoyed while playing it. I LOL'ed a couple of times at the moronic ideas the developers came up with for the story. And the pathos! Hilarious! Seriously, I was really glad when it was over. Oh, and a final LOL when I realized that the last trophy for this campaign is Duty Calls.
    Ada's Campaign: 9/10 I don't want to spoil too much, but you should really be looking forward to this campaign. A really nice mixture of stealth, action and puzzles. And it adds to the story, which is undoubtedly one of the weaker sides of the whole game.

So Ada's campaign changed my initial rating from 6.5/10 to 7/10. That's a pretty good rating, since I wouldn't rate any game in my collection a 10/10. Reference: Dead Space 2 would be a 9/10, RE5 a 6/10, RE4 an 8/10.

At the end of the day it boils down to your personal taste in games. However, the four campaigns are really different, so I thought it would make sense to split it up like this. A true RE fan might throw this game into the garbage bin if he/she decided to start with Chris' campaign while a shooter fan might prefer Chris' campaign over the other three (well, hypothetically, I'm making this up, I hope it's not true )

I hope this helped for some of you guys who got confused with all the mixed reviews. It's a pretty mixed game after all, maybe this is one of its weaknesses. They couldn't decided what kind of game they wanted to make, so they tried to make a game (or games) for everybody. Trying to please everybody had to backfire, but it's all about sales and money so whatever.

Labels

Okay, after having played all four campaigns here is my final rating:

Leon's Campaign: 8/10 One of the best campaigns in the game. Starts as a 9/10, ends somewhere around 7/10, so a good 8/10
    Jake's Campaign: 7/10 This campaign has its moments, I really liked the first and the third chapter... chapter 2 was just annoying.
    Chris' Campaign: 4/10 One of the worst things I've played in my whole life. The only reason I'm giving four points instead of 2 or 3 is that some of the bosses where epic. Apart from that I was either bored or annoyed while playing it. I LOL'ed a couple of times at the moronic ideas the developers came up with for the story. And the pathos! Hilarious! Seriously, I was really glad when it was over. Oh, and a final LOL when I realized that the last trophy for this campaign is Duty Calls.
    Ada's Campaign: 9/10 I don't want to spoil too much, but you should really be looking forward to this campaign. A really nice mixture of stealth, action and puzzles. And it adds to the story, which is undoubtedly one of the weaker sides of the whole game.

So Ada's campaign changed my initial rating from 6.5/10 to 7/10. That's a pretty good rating, since I wouldn't rate any game in my collection a 10/10. Reference: Dead Space 2 would be a 9/10, RE5 a 6/10, RE4 an 8/10.

At the end of the day it boils down to your personal taste in games. However, the four campaigns are really different, so I thought it would make sense to split it up like this. A true RE fan might throw this game into the garbage bin if he/she decided to start with Chris' campaign while a shooter fan might prefer Chris' campaign over the other three (well, hypothetically, I'm making this up, I hope it's not true )

I hope this helped for some of you guys who got confused with all the mixed reviews. It's a pretty mixed game after all, maybe this is one of its weaknesses. They couldn't decided what kind of game they wanted to make, so they tried to make a game (or games) for everybody. Trying to please everybody had to backfire, but it's all about sales and money so whatever.
    Dead Space 2 would have a higher score than RE4?!

PRO Member

Yea I agree with that Question RE4 at release was a mind blowing experience definitly a 10 and no lower then a 9 in almost any reveiw I mean DeadSpace2 would have to be the 8 in that pair of reveiws

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by Tmac718 View Post
    Yea I agree with that Question RE4 at release was a mind blowing experience definitly a 10 and no lower then a 9 in almost any reveiw I mean DeadSpace2 would have to be the 8 in that pair of reveiws
    Never played enough of RE4 to comment too much on it , my only thing I personally had with the game was they had changed from Survival horror .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    Never played enough of RE4 to comment too much on it , my only thing I personally had with the game was they had changed from Survival horror .
    Yeah it was the end of of survival horror and went onto 3rd person shooter/Action but boy was theyre action it was a really fun game and IMO one of the best for ps2 it was also the first game they had without Zombies it was Las Plagos I believe lol awsome game. Mine had a metal Game case too.

Yeah, RE4 is an awesome game, but it wasn't scary and it didn't make me jump once.

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by Tmac718 View Post
    Yeah it was the end of of survival horror and went onto 3rd person shooter/Action but boy was theyre action it was a really fun game and IMO one of the best for ps2 it was also the first game they had without Zombies it was Las Plagos I believe lol awsome game. Mine had a metal Game case too.
    It was just too much too soon for me , never expected the game to take action route , by the time 5 was released it was already over so thought what the hell and got the platinum on it and enjoyed it but still did not like the idea of Las Plagos . Would much prefer the game to be the old style zombies the brainless dumb ones , not RPG , machine gun wielding las plagos that have been to military training camps .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    It was just too much too soon for me , never expected the game to take action route , by the time 5 was released it was already over so thought what the hell and got the platinum on it and enjoyed it but still did not like the idea of Las Plagos . Would much prefer the game to be the old style zombies the brainless dumb ones , not RPG , machine gun wielding las plagos that have been to military training camps .
    Lol Believe me I understand I bought anthology so I can go back to that and 4 definitly took some getting used to for sure. 5 the co-op thing threw me off for a while but it was ok. 6 is the same I should probly try playing it with a friend maybe thats why im not enjoying it like some of other people on here.

Bob 'n' Becca

I tried playing co-op last night for the first time, and I really enjoyed it. It felt like my partner was in the same room as me. I felt both comfortable and confident. Just hate that I can't pause and the action is do intense that its a bad idea to put the controller down.

On another note, I hate how so much is mapped to the left analog stick. I was playing the first Leon chapter using only the knife so I wouldn't run out of ammo, and I was doing well, not losing any life, but then I accidentally used a first aid spray. I had full health! But I am finally starting to get the hang of flipping and sliding and whatnot, and am having fun doing silly thing such as knifing zombies from the ground for no reason whatsoever other than generally dicking around.

Thanks to Thunder for the platbar!!!

PRO Member

I saw the trailer and it looked like a decent game, even thought about purchasing it...with all the comments now, I'm not too sure

Perfect Platinum Streak Bar by RaveNScythE18

Platinum Bar by dsluckay

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast