Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

1st wave of RE6 DLC will be free

This is a discussion on 1st wave of RE6 DLC will be free within the Resident Evil 6 forum, part of the R; Capcom has confirmed the first batch of DLC for Resident Evil 6 will be free.Arriving via title update, the first ...

Plats-O'-War!!

1st wave of RE6 DLC will be free

Capcom has confirmed the first batch of DLC for Resident Evil 6 will be free.Arriving via title update, the first DLC will be No Hope - the toughest difficulty mode for Resident Evil 6 when made available - and the addition of a co-op partner for Ada Wong's campaign.
    Ada Wong's campaign will also be made available for all players from the start, rather than having to complete Leon, Chris and Jake's campaigns first.
    Capcom also clarified its DLC stance, stating that on-disc DLC will be made free to all players while content that isn't on the Resi 6 disc will be paid DLC.
    Source: Free Resident Evil 6 DLC Confirmed - NowGamer

Thoughts?

Banned

The Disc Locked Content was originally going to be sold for a price no doubt, but modders found it on the disc and leaked it online, now Capcom has to give it away for free or they will lose many fans who promised they would ditch them the next time they pulled that stunt.

Resident Evil 6 on-disc DLC unlocked by modders (Update) | Original-Gamer.com

Then Capcom had to pull a fast one, and so they did

"We still have unannounced DLC for RE6 that will be revealed in the coming months and while virtually all such content will not be on the disc there will be one piece of content, that for technical reasons, requires the use of a combination of newly downloaded data and data that is included on the retail game disc."

JINTRAy

You can only guess where I am...my mother's basement

They will never stop

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |Sig by Smashguy | GDT bar by
    djunglist|
    |Avy - Daft Punk returns|

Thanks to GDT for hosting awesome competitions!

Let Me Watch

The fact that it's free makes up for it being on disc. I wonder if this will count as the DLC that Xbox gets first
    Thanks to djunglist for the sig and avy

"Got more soul than a sock with a hole"

Plats-O'-War!!

Quote Originally Posted by Trains View Post
    It's Disc Locked Content, modders found it on the disc and leaked it online, now Capcom has to give it away for free or they will lose many fans who promised they would ditch them the next time they pulled that stunt.

Resident Evil 6 on-disc DLC unlocked by modders (Update) | Original-Gamer.com

Then Capcom had to pull a fast one, and so they did
    Wow!! That's insane!! To have DLC locked on the disc, and DON'T release it for free since we already bought the damn game!? This tells me that they were gonna charge us to buy DLC that's already on the disc. Wow Capcom, just wow

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kidson2004 View Post
    Wow!! That's insane!! To have DLC locked on the disc, and DON'T release it for free since we already bought the damn game!? This tells me that they were gonna charge us to buy DLC that's already on the disc. Wow Capcom, just wow
    Yep they sure were!
    At least you're smart like me and see through their schemes lololol

Lvl 6 - Silver

Wow. I wouldn't be very happy if I had to pay for dlc that was all ready on the disc. Glad I decided to wait for all dlc to be released before I bought this game.
    Thanks to xEl Cidx for my awesome Avy and Sig.

PRO Member

It's what they should have done in the begining

Rangers F.C

At the end of the day the DLC is just bits they chopped off the game to sell you later anyway , I try not to buy any DLC with some exceptions
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    At the end of the day the DLC is just bits they chopped off the game to sell you later anyway , I try not to buy any DLC with some exceptions
    Usually that is not the case. Most DLC is designed and developed after the game is completed, or made while the game is in a very late stage where it cannot be added. Everything that is available on disc, such as whatever this is, is a complete money grab. Those dicks at Bioware did it with Mass Effect and it was not cool.

I am not upset at them doing what they please with DLC, I am upset that the game had it's release date moved up from 11/20 to 10/02. An entire 1.5 months that I feel angry that could have been spent to polish the game as well as make that on-disc DLC not DLC at all.
    DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE!

~There is no such thing as an unemployed gamer. You can either pay to play or you don't play at all~

Retired TrophyGuide Ninja

You really have to be a fan boy/girl to ignore all the flaws this game has. Still, even if you are a fan like that this news should wake you up. Capcom is fucking with you.

PRO Member

they tried calling that shit a dlc and got caught! They had to no people aint that stupid. Its not a DLC if you Dont have to download it is officially just content lol. To attempt to sell on disc content to people who shoved out money to get your crappy product is insane!No one wants a dlc from that shitty game anyway I cant Give my copy away!

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

Though I'm happy the first batch of dlc is free I am still disappointed because Ada has always been a loner so to make it a co op just ruins that aspect about her and also making her campaign accessible from start kills the story timeline because her chapters are shorter than everyone elses and reveal background events from the main story line, kinda kills the experience IMO but I beat everything already so I feel bad for those who buy this later on
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

PRO Member

After SFxT I'm surprised Capcom had the balls to try this again. At least we caught them early and they were smart enough to announce it for free. You know damn well they were going to charge for it if we had never discovered it before release.
    YouTube: Sk3pT1kaL

Lvl 7 - Gold

Another fair point, I enjoyed working solo as Ada, in my extremely brief playtime of only Ada and Leon's Storyline. She has never in the series ever worked with someone. It's a slap in the face.

Why even bother putting it on the disc? Everyone that wants it is going to get it. So I see no reason to put it on the disc in the first place.
    DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE!

~There is no such thing as an unemployed gamer. You can either pay to play or you don't play at all~

Plats-O'-War!!

Quote Originally Posted by zz383 View Post
    Another fair point, I enjoyed working solo as Ada, in my extremely brief playtime of only Ada and Leon's Storyline. She has never in the series ever worked with someone. It's a slap in the face.
    It is a slap in the face. I honestly don't see why Capcom pulls this stunt every time. The only piece of DLC I've ever bought was for Asura's Wrath (And it WAS worth it ), but outside of that, nope!!!!!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

i see half of the story is missing here, adding to what have been said here the other half of capcom statement made clear that any on-disk DLC is incomplete, so even if unlocked by modders it won't work. by that to on-disk work it will be necessary extra downloaded content to make it work. so resuming and clarifying on-disk dlc is started up content that was made on a very late stage of development and that didn't made up to the full game.

games aren't worked on until release date as many think like, many games stop development 1-2 months prior release date, sent to debug and certification and then printing and distribution. so as long on-disk dlc is just a portion of the actual dlc that later will be complete with downloaded content and its free, i can't complain.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Trogdorbear View Post
    i see half of the story is missing here, adding to what have been said here the other half of capcom statement made clear that any on-disk DLC is incomplete, so even if unlocked by modders it won't work. by that to on-disk work it will be necessary extra downloaded content to make it work. so resuming and clarifying on-disk dlc is started up content that was made on a very late stage of development and that didn't made up to the full game.

games aren't worked on until release date as many think like, many games stop development 1-2 months prior release date, sent to debug and certification and then printing and distribution. so as long on-disk dlc is just a portion of the actual dlc that later will be complete with downloaded content and its free, i can't complain.
    You can when months ahead of time the Release date is moved up so much and so close to it's release.
    DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE!

PRO Member

I loved Capcom but not anymore LOL

Harvester of Souls

Again, not surprised by the antics of Capcom. I hate it, but I'm going to be one of the few that keeps buying their products... Sad but true. And until everyone quits or puts a stop to it, they will keep it up cause they know the shit will sell anyways.

HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast