Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Resident Evil 6 Rant And Rave Thread!!!!!!

This is a discussion on Resident Evil 6 Rant And Rave Thread!!!!!! within the Resident Evil 6 forum, part of the R; Originally Posted by MafiaBrett Look at metacritic, i bet 80% of those people havent even finished the game. Any reviewer ...

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by MafiaBrett View Post
    Look at metacritic, i bet 80% of those people havent even finished the game.
    Any reviewer who tries to base their review/opinion on a demo or only 2-3 hours max with a game automatically should have 0% creditability.
    I already mentioned this before and I agree. Those "review" scores are not to be taken seriously when you have a bunch of people just posting "RE6 sucks!" with nothing else to explain why. And, as I mentioned, I only played the demo so I can't speak for the whole game just yet, but if it's anything to go buy, it's not good.

Lvl 5 - Silver

Isnt this a "rant & rave " thread? A thread where anyone can come to voice his/her opinion on parts of what they've played that they did not find enjoyable in RE6? Im pretty sure the Krauser made a praise "like" thread for the other side of the coin.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Lasombra View Post
    Games are meant to be enjoyed, and the more people who enjoy them is a good thing.
    Not necessarily. You make a game attractive to people who normally wouldn't play it and you lose people who supported it before.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasombra View Post
    Also, here is another big freaking problem of this whole debate. Japanese companies are screwed no matter what they do because of the general bias from western reviewers. I'm being completely series with this. If RE 4/5/6 was the exact same as 1/2/3 then they would called out for being 'lazy, un-innovative, and just putting out the same old same old every time' by those same people who say they are 'milking the casual crowd, going against the roots, and so on."
    That's why there should be a happy medium. I'm gonna use Dead Space here...again. It has the similar gameplay mechanics to RE. Over the shoulder camera and moving and shooting but it still has an EXCELLENT atmosphere, and a survival feel to it even though you can buy supplies. That's what I'd like for RE. It's not about zombies or the static camera. It's about atmosphere and survival and the latest RE games lack in those departments. Even RE4's second half of the game lost what good atmosphere it had in the beginning.

PRO Member

I agree with the demo being meh but after i got the game it totally change my mind more enjoyable than ever much better than RE5 love it and i can say buy it without fears

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I rather enjoyed both RE4 & RE5.

My only real complaints about RE6 is the amount of QTE's and the camera. These are big negatives, for sure, but I can honestly say that I'm still finding quite a lot of enjoyment with the game. I would have felt more comfortable waiting for a price drop though. If this had been bought at 29.99 or under, I wouldn't be as ticked about the flaws.

Note that I haven't quite finished Leon's campaign yet. I still have Chris, Jake and Ada to go. So my positive feedback might become invalid the further I delve into this game.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

The only thing I have against the game is the QTE. I think the button mashing has broken my remote.

And the lack of ammo. Apart from these 2 minor faults the game is amazing. Well worth the money I payed

Playing Resident Evil 6

Cipher sent us to hell

Protip for the QTEs: On the wiggle the sitcks parts, rotate both sticks with your thumbs. Rotate the right stick in circles clockwise and the left stick counter clock wise (or vice versa, if it is more comfortable to you)
    PS3/Vita/PS4: x13ucketHeaDx | X360: x13ucketHeaDx | Steam: x13ucketHeaDx

"Kaz... I'm already a demon."

Lvl 7 - Gold

What is with the insane amount of grinding needed?
    DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE!

~There is no such thing as an unemployed gamer. You can either pay to play or you don't play at all~

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I spend more time looking for ammo than shooting my gun on the hardest setting.

Playing Resident Evil 6

Cipher sent us to hell

Quote Originally Posted by zz383 View Post
    What is with the insane amount of grinding needed?
    It was a bear to get the points for Mad Skills. I recommend Chapter 5 of Chris' campaign. Play until you finish the circle room with the countdown. This tip is also in the trophy guide, but i'm verifying it is awesome. You can net around ~18,000 per run. Runs take about 7-8 minutes.
    PS3/Vita/PS4: x13ucketHeaDx | X360: x13ucketHeaDx | Steam: x13ucketHeaDx

"Kaz... I'm already a demon."

PRO Member

In my case I just enjoyed the merc and in no time I already bought all the skills availabl

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12