Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 31

Resident Evil 6 Rant And Rave Thread!!!!!!

This is a discussion on Resident Evil 6 Rant And Rave Thread!!!!!! within the Resident Evil 6 forum, part of the R; Come and share your thoughts on the New Resident Evil. Let all your dislikes come out and let other people ...

  1. #1
    Lvl 4 - Silver
    Jack-_-Krauser__'s Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    280
    Reputation
    5

    Resident Evil 6 Rant And Rave Thread!!!!!!

    Come and share your thoughts on the New Resident Evil. Let all your dislikes come out and let other people know what you dont like!!!!!!!!!!!
    The number one thing that ticks my jaw when u buy the skill upgrades you can have only 3 equipped at one time. However you can always go change what upgrades u have equipped thru by hitting the ( SELECT BUTTON ) however do note you can only change your skills granted that you have already equipped them to one of the 8 slots. If you hadnt set up your skill points you can do it before you start a game or after you complete a chapter. Be sure to equip the need skill points before you start on all 8.

    Another thing i dont like even tho you have unlimited ammo you still have to reload.
    ( Okay whats really going on SMH ) Yes you still have unlimited ammo but when your clip goes empty you will have to reload. SMH Not like the other Resident Evil's were unlimited ammo is truly unlimited hold down the trigger til your done firing.

    Also hate how you have to find weapons for all characters !! BOOOOOOOOOOOO I unlocked unlimited mag and couldnt use it cause i started the game with a new character. SMH



    ~~Krauser~~
    Jack-_-Krauser_






  2. #2
    Angel of Death
    cengizbobengiz's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,597
    Reputation
    24

    My biggest complaint is that you can't pause the damn game. I don't know if it's a glitch or something, but I had to go out for like 10 minutes, but I couldn't pause the game. The best I could do was hit select and open the menu, but it's still real time. Something I like though is that you can move while aiming now; that makes me a happy camper.

  3. #3
    Lvl 4 - Silver
    Jack-_-Krauser__'s Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    280
    Reputation
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by cengizbobengiz View Post
    My biggest complaint is that you can't pause the damn game. I don't know if it's a glitch or something, but I had to go out for like 10 minutes, but I couldn't pause the game. The best I could do was hit select and open the menu, but it's still real time. Something I like though is that you can move while aiming now; that makes me a happy camper.
    The only way to pause the game is if your in a closed server like no one can join you and you cant invite anyone. I have had the game paused by doing this. Also works if you go offline and play the game xd ^-^

    ~~Krauser~~
    Jack-_-Krauser_






  4. #4
    Lvl 6 - Silver
    Cheeseclown's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    416
    Reputation
    9

    i agree with the skill point thing and having to find new weapons for characters but i like the having to reload with unlimited ammo it helps make unlimited ammo less of an easy way to fly through the game on the previous games it got too easy beeing able to fire your weapon until the enemy is dead and I love being able to aim and walk at the same time

  5. #5
    Lvl 5 - Silver


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    305
    Reputation
    2

    To pause the game, this is what you have to do, before you tap start for the gaming session, at the very top, scroll PS Network to offline. Because of it being a co-op game you cant pause unless you select offline in gaming session. On notes of why I dont care for what ive played so far.... well, only at Chris chapter 3 normal without unlimited ammo selected(doesnt feel right until I beat the game), & after Leon's campaign & part of Chris's i can say i had fun with every chapter of RE5 & ive maybye had fun with 2 or 3 chapters of this game so far.It just isnt that fun. From the lighting where you cant see a thing, to the camera angles that work against you instead of for you when they are needed, to running out of ammo for many of the boss fights. Im sure many people out there love this game , & thats good for them, but im dissapointed in it, maybe Jakes & Ada's campaigns will be better. Did try a bit of merc's and that was ok.

  6. #6
    No Game No Life
    RaveNScythE18's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Lastation
    Posts
    1,155
    Reputation
    102

    The game is too easy even on the hardest difficulty. That is my only rant. I can't wait to try out No Hope difficulty.






    Currently Playing:
    I dunno what to play anymore.. Too many JRPG
    0
    0
    0
    0


    Checklist || GFX Showcase

  7. #7
    Lvl 4 - Silver
    Jack-_-Krauser__'s Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    280
    Reputation
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by I_Nero_I View Post
    To pause the game, this is what you have to do, before you tap start for the gaming session, at the very top, scroll PS Network to offline. Because of it being a co-op game you cant pause unless you select offline in gaming session. On notes of why I dont care for what ive played so far.... well, only at Chris chapter 3 normal without unlimited ammo selected(doesnt feel right until I beat the game), & after Leon's campaign & part of Chris's i can say i had fun with every chapter of RE5 & ive maybye had fun with 2 or 3 chapters of this game so far.It just isnt that fun. From the lighting where you cant see a thing, to the camera angles that work against you instead of for you when they are needed, to running out of ammo for many of the boss fights. Im sure many people out there love this game , & thats good for them, but im dissapointed in it, maybe Jakes & Ada's campaigns will be better. Did try a bit of merc's and that was ok.
    i agree i hate the camera angles at times were they work against you and not for you. Just like Ninja Gaiden there camera angles trutly tested your patience.

    As far as Ada's mission i did have fun there are a few spots on her mission's were you can get good skill points off the bosses. Like chapter 2 and 4 if im not mistaken.

    I enjoyed playing Jake's his was the 1st one i played.

    I know the feeling about Chris i was running out off ammo a lot and i was playing on Vet.

    ~~Krauser~~
    Jack-_-Krauser_






  8. #8
    Banned


    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Love
    Posts
    1,010
    Reputation
    54

    This game isn't worthy of my ranting.

  9. #9
    PRO Member
    MafiaBrett's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    94
    Reputation
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by Trains View Post
    This game isn't worthy of my ranting.
    Your right, this game is above you go back to ranting about how similar you are to dog shit
    Platinums: 29 (1st to last)
    COD5, Fallout 3, COD6, Demon Souls, Assassins Creed 2, MAG, Bad Company 2, Dragon Age Origins, Fallout New Vegas, Medal of Honor, COD7, Socom 4, Resident Evil 5, Assassins Creed Brotherhood, Mass Effect 2, Killzone 3, Bioshock, Dead Rising 2, Uncharted 2, Trine, Resistance 3, Dead Island, Battlefield 3, DC Universe, Skyrim, Trine 2, Mass Effect 3, Assassins Creed Revelations, and Dragon Age 2.

  10. #10
    Legend...Nuff Said
    Lasombra's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Korea
    Posts
    1,430
    Reputation
    174

    Here is some food for thought: If this game was not named 'Resident Evil' but 'Brand New IP' would the bitch train still be zooming through? Or would everyone bitching about Resident Evil be praising Brand New IP?

    To me Resident Evil is about a story, not gameplay mechanics. Screw the haters. If you hate the game so much please kindly mail me your copy of the game so I can enjoy it, and help you get the 'monstrosity' out of your collection.

    L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My first novel can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

  11. #11
    Banned


    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Love
    Posts
    1,010
    Reputation
    54

    Quote Originally Posted by MafiaBrett View Post
    Your right, this game is above you go back to ranting about how similar you are to dog shit
    lolololololololololol

  12. #12
    Lvl 8 - Gold
    Silent Assassin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    936
    Reputation
    26

    Quote Originally Posted by Lasombra View Post
    Here is some food for thought: If this game was not named 'Resident Evil' but 'Brand New IP' would the bitch train still be zooming through?
    Judging from the demo RE6 tried to be a good action game and failed to do so. It just feels awkward. Now, I only played the demo but that was enough for me to dismiss the game, for the time being. I was told the game gets better the more you play but I'll have a wait a while to find out if that's true. Judging by the reviews the game would be rated poorly even if it was a new IP, but I like forming my own opinions (not just accepting what reviewers say) and if the demo is anything to go by, they are right.


    Quote Originally Posted by Lasombra View Post
    To me Resident Evil is about a story, not gameplay mechanics. Screw the haters.
    I understand where you're coming from but with RE4 that story, that Umbrella conspiracy and mystery surrounding these incidents, fell into oblivion in favor of a standard, "save the damsel in distress" story. The only thing that was better in RE5 compared to RE4 is the story since we actually got to find out a bit more about how everything started. RE never had AMAZING story. Just look at Chris' characters and how they went back and forth with him over the course of a few games.

    "Haters gonna hate." Isn't that the popular thing to say these days when people don't agree with your opinion? I've heard that a million times when RE fans don't agree with someone when it comes to this. I'll agree with you on one thing here. People hate on things just because it's popular and cool to do so but not everyone who dislikes the game is just blindly hating on it. People have genuine concerns about the future of RE.

    You cannot deny that RE6 tried to appeal to the casual gamer and the action junky crowd here. After all, it's the popular thing to do these days. They went too far with this. RE became a generic shooter and dismissed EVERYTHING that made it famous in the beginning. I understand things need to change or the series dies out. They could've EASILY implemented new gameplay elements and still kept that survival horror feel. Just look at Dead Space and how that game works very well.

    You'll always have people that disagree about games. People like different things and that variety is great. Too bad the variety is being destroyed when more and more games try to appeal to the same crowd and all follow the same formula-shoot and blow stuff up because it's cool.


  13. #13
    Angel of Death
    cengizbobengiz's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,597
    Reputation
    24

    Quote Originally Posted by Jack-_-Krauser__ View Post
    The only way to pause the game is if your in a closed server like no one can join you and you cant invite anyone. I have had the game paused by doing this. Also works if you go offline and play the game xd ^-^

    ~~Krauser~~
    Hm, I usually play in a server, but with no other partner, because I don't mind if people join. I mind now if I can't pause the game. lol

  14. #14
    PRO Member
    MafiaBrett's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    94
    Reputation
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Assassin View Post
    I understand where you're coming from but with RE4 that story, that Umbrella conspiracy and mystery surrounding these incidents, fell into oblivion in favor of a standard, "save the damsel in distress" story. The only thing that was better in RE5 compared to RE4 is the story since we actually got to find out a bit more about how everything started. RE never had AMAZING story. Just look at Chris' characters and how they went back and forth with him over the course of a few games.

    "Haters gonna hate." Isn't that the popular thing to say these days when people don't agree with your opinion? I've heard that a million times when RE fans don't agree with someone when it comes to this. I'll agree with you on one thing here. People hate on things just because it's popular and cool to do so but not everyone who dislikes the game is just blindly hating on it. People have genuine concerns about the future of RE.
    Look at metacritic, i bet 80% of those people havent even finished the game.
    Any reviewer who tries to base their review/opinion on a demo or only 2-3 hours max with a game automatically should have 0% creditability.

    Thats like FOX news trying to get every piece of info and rumor they hear out as soon as possible without actually investigating it lmfao.
    Don't you see how retarded that is???? People need to fucking realize reviews are just a 1 person opinion...

    IGN people are the worst at it and omg how much i love to make fun of people who use "IGN Reviews" to determine if a game is good or not.

    1. Uncharted 3 was played by of course the Sony Fanboy at their studio who gave the game a perfect score which it did not deserve and im a sony fanboy aswell.. i can tell you it did not deserve perfection.

    2. Resident Evil 6 was played by a guy who did articles on how RE4 and RE5 sucked and he also had the whole resident evil storyline mixed up saying Code Veronica took place before Raccoon City? LMFAOOO, how is this guy have any creditability?!? his review doesnt mean shit if he doesnt even understand when each game takes place
    (Why use a reviewer who is obviously biased against the new RE games? It makes no fucking sence)

    3. And just for old times sake.. my favorite FPS/Multiplayer game of all time is MAG which got a 6 or 7 on IGN, and the reviewer complained how he didnt know how to exit the bunker when on the screen it said "PRESS O TO EXIT BUNKER" LMFAOOOOOOOOOOO

    SO yeah... IGN = FAIL

    What they should start doing is having 3 seperate reviews....
    1 - by the original RE fanboy who does not have a open mind
    2 - by the stereotypical 'casual' gamer who probably never played the original RE games
    3 - by someone who loves the original RE games but also has a open mind and enjoys any game that took a ton of work to develop, and plays it to the very end before judging the overall game.
    Platinums: 29 (1st to last)
    COD5, Fallout 3, COD6, Demon Souls, Assassins Creed 2, MAG, Bad Company 2, Dragon Age Origins, Fallout New Vegas, Medal of Honor, COD7, Socom 4, Resident Evil 5, Assassins Creed Brotherhood, Mass Effect 2, Killzone 3, Bioshock, Dead Rising 2, Uncharted 2, Trine, Resistance 3, Dead Island, Battlefield 3, DC Universe, Skyrim, Trine 2, Mass Effect 3, Assassins Creed Revelations, and Dragon Age 2.

  15. #15
    Legend...Nuff Said
    Lasombra's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Korea
    Posts
    1,430
    Reputation
    174

    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Assassin View Post
    Judging from the demo RE6 tried to be a good action game and failed to do so. It just feels awkward. Now, I only played the demo but that was enough for me to dismiss the game, for the time being. I was told the game gets better the more you play but I'll have a wait a while to find out if that's true. Judging by the reviews the game would be rated poorly even if it was a new IP, but I like forming my own opinions (not just accepting what reviewers say) and if the demo is anything to go by, they are right.




    I understand where you're coming from but with RE4 that story, that Umbrella conspiracy and mystery surrounding these incidents, fell into oblivion in favor of a standard, "save the damsel in distress" story. The only thing that was better in RE5 compared to RE4 is the story since we actually got to find out a bit more about how everything started. RE never had AMAZING story. Just look at Chris' characters and how they went back and forth with him over the course of a few games.

    "Haters gonna hate." Isn't that the popular thing to say these days when people don't agree with your opinion? I've heard that a million times when RE fans don't agree with someone when it comes to this. I'll agree with you on one thing here. People hate on things just because it's popular and cool to do so but not everyone who dislikes the game is just blindly hating on it. People have genuine concerns about the future of RE.

    You cannot deny that RE6 tried to appeal to the casual gamer and the action junky crowd here. After all, it's the popular thing to do these days. They went too far with this. RE became a generic shooter and dismissed EVERYTHING that made it famous in the beginning. I understand things need to change or the series dies out. They could've EASILY implemented new gameplay elements and still kept that survival horror feel. Just look at Dead Space and how that game works very well.

    You'll always have people that disagree about games. People like different things and that variety is great. Too bad the variety is being destroyed when more and more games try to appeal to the same crowd and all follow the same formula-shoot and blow stuff up because it's cool.
    Yep, haters are going to hate, but I enjoy RE for the story. I play games for the story only, not the gameplay mechanics. They could turn RE into a DDR game, but damn if it had a story I liked then I am sold. Its why I like Saints Row 3 over GTA 4, when they are the exact same game. Storywise, to me and only me, SR3 > GTA4.

    But let me go on a different tangent, and thats when did gamers get so high brow all of a sudden? Hardcore crowd? Casual crowd? Who gives a damn? Games are meant to be enjoyed, and the more people who enjoy them is a good thing. So the series turned away from its roots and went more action packed, well that makes sense thematically with the story. Hard to go all survival horror like RE1/2 when you are fighting in a war zone and the whole area has been zombified.

    Also, here is another big freaking problem of this whole debate. Japanese companies are screwed no matter what they do because of the general bias from western reviewers. I'm being completely series with this. If RE 4/5/6 was the exact same as 1/2/3 then they would called out for being 'lazy, un-innovative, and just putting out the same old same old every time' by those same people who say they are 'milking the casual crowd, going against the roots, and so on."

    Capcom sold millions of copies of RE6, and I am happy for them. I can't wait for an RE7 as well, and it could go all SRPG for all I care. Companies are about selling games, and I think people need to just accept that. That has how it always was, and how it always will be.

    L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My first novel can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

  16. #16
    Rangers F.C
    UNCLEPAULIE's Avatar


    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    2,856
    Reputation
    109

    Quote Originally Posted by Lasombra View Post
    Here is some food for thought: If this game was not named 'Resident Evil' but 'Brand New IP' would the bitch train still be zooming through? Or would everyone bitching about Resident Evil be praising Brand New IP?

    To me Resident Evil is about a story, not gameplay mechanics. Screw the haters. If you hate the game so much please kindly mail me your copy of the game so I can enjoy it, and help you get the 'monstrosity' out of your collection.
    In my opinion the game would be getting great press if it had a different name , that is what the fuss is about old school feel betrayed the res 4 people love it and most people are in the middle .
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

    I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

    To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge


  17. #17
    Backlog Grinding
    Redshirt64's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    151
    Reputation
    8

    I do not understand why this game is getting so much grief. The story is fantastic, as it always is in every Resident Evil Game, the story is also the main SELLING point of the franchise. The gunplay mechanics are near flawless and the melee system is vastly improved. The various melee kills, with zombies/J'avo holding weapons are great. My personal fave is when they are holding a stick of dynamite and you can ram it down their throat. Games evolve with the times so do you seriously expect Capcom to just replicate what they made in 1998 with RE2? If the game looked and played like 2 then everyone would be complaining, "Why havent they updated the game or used a new gaming engine etc etc etc..." Also there has been a lot of talk about the skill settings feature as well and I think it is designed rather well. Why any "gamer" would want to be able to equip more than 3 of the skill settings is beyond me because that would make the game even less challenging than it already is, which is my only gripe about the game. Having "god-like" characters is not fun in any game especially in the Resident Evil series, which has a long standing reputation of being very challenging games. All in all this is a great game and the PROS out weigh the CONS by a considerable amount. Good discussion forum

  18. #18
    WHO DAT!!!!
    gixxerrider's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    New Orleans LA
    Posts
    550
    Reputation
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Redshirt64 View Post
    I do not understand why this game is getting so much grief. The story is fantastic, as it always is in every Resident Evil Game, the story is also the main SELLING point of the franchise. The gunplay mechanics are near flawless and the melee system is vastly improved. The various melee kills, with zombies/J'avo holding weapons are great. My personal fave is when they are holding a stick of dynamite and you can ram it down their throat. Games evolve with the times so do you seriously expect Capcom to just replicate what they made in 1998 with RE2? If the game looked and played like 2 then everyone would be complaining, "Why havent they updated the game or used a new gaming engine etc etc etc..." Also there has been a lot of talk about the skill settings feature as well and I think it is designed rather well. Why any "gamer" would want to be able to equip more than 3 of the skill settings is beyond me because that would make the game even less challenging than it already is, which is my only gripe about the game. Having "god-like" characters is not fun in any game especially in the Resident Evil series, which has a long standing reputation of being very challenging games. All in all this is a great game and the PROS out weigh the CONS by a considerable amount. Good discussion forum
    ^^^^^^this to the T, well said.......i love this game, i dont understand whats not to love about RE6.....all i have to say is ADA WONG.....wow, what a woman

  19. #19
    Legend...Nuff Said
    Lasombra's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Korea
    Posts
    1,430
    Reputation
    174

    Quote Originally Posted by gixxerrider View Post
    ^^^^^^this to the T, well said.......i love this game, i dont understand whats not to love about RE6.....all i have to say is ADA WONG.....wow, what a woman
    Yes, you get to play as Ada in the main story. All I can say is the only way to make it better is to reunite the whole casts of 1+2 in RE7. Where is the love for Barry and Rebecca?

    Interesting side note, Rebecca was the lead character in the novel series in the two original non-cannon stories made by the author.

    L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My first novel can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

  20. #20
    Lvl 4 - Silver
    babaganoosh08's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Spira
    Posts
    256
    Reputation
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by Lasombra View Post
    Yes, you get to play as Ada in the main story. All I can say is the only way to make it better is to reunite the whole casts of 1+2 in RE7. Where is the love for Barry and Rebecca?

    Interesting side note, Rebecca was the lead character in the novel series in the two original non-cannon stories made by the author.
    i agree. bringing back some old faces would be cool but i always thought that chars like Barry and Jill didn't move on in the series because they main goal was to escape racoon city where as people like Chris and Leon took it personally a wanted to continue fighting bio terror.

    Back on topic, RE6 is great. mixing up all kinds of enemies new and old. sick of hearing about the lack of survival horror in resi evil games anymore. The way i see it, in terms of story, even RE1 was going to be about several teams investigating the mansion but only 5-6 people made it.
    I think people originally had this idea about Resident evil that the whole world is just a mess and you must survive all the times with little equipment no matter where on the planet you were. And if you think about it, survival horror never made sense in RE. What kind of enforcement group would get caught out like that to were they don't have the right equipment for the job. but they always set it up to were they get caught up in the thick of it. RE6 does it nicely with both a mix of being caught out and being prepared in its campaigns which is how it should be. was a bit worried about the inventory system at first but after a while its great. To operate inventory while moving around is something that really aids my style of play. I was hoping that once you beat the game you got access to skill sets with more slots for perks to just go all out and make your char just insanely good for fun but NVM. One enemy i hate is them rasklapanje i think their called. the fuckers that don't die but turn white for a few minuets before joining together again but you can farm ammo and xp from them with every kill so not to bad. Decent weapon selections overall and close quarter combat is nice when your low on ammo. Overall a good game but the main villain seems a little hollow compared to wesker because he was just badass
    THE NOOSH
    BABAGANOOSH08

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:04 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.10
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO