how does it compare?

This is a discussion on how does it compare? within the Resident Evil 6 forum, part of the R; how does this compare to RE 5? in terms of difficulty and gameplay? AI stupidity? coop gameplay? any other info ...

Lvl 10 - Platinum

how does it compare?

how does this compare to RE 5? in terms of difficulty and gameplay? AI stupidity? coop gameplay? any other info and opinions would be appreciated

Starting RE4 Soon AGAIN

In my personal opinion #5 overall was a better game in terms of almost everything. RE6 however allows you to move and shoot which is way better than stopping. Each character has their own storyline making 4 story lines but in some levels you have to play as both the characters in order to achieve platinum for the collectibles. The difficulty is not hard what so ever its actually a very easy and simple game just a little lengthy because of all the stories you have to play it gets old.

As for playing co-op it was fun for me nothing to interesting after the first time through. As for the AI they don't do much but they do sometimes kill enemies

Sig & Avy by Dare - - - - - - - - PPS Bar by: Smashguy fellow PPS member

Go Vote for July Member of the Month
    Go Vote for July Staff Member of the Month
    Made by Pancake Model

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I prefer the tone of RE6 and I love the intersecting storylines. This is a game with lots of replay value and interesting Multiplayer modes (even though I don't tend to play MP). Once you unlock infinite ammo and some of the other powerful skills, the difficulty becomes rediculously easy, even on Professional. May main complaint is that there are too many cutscenes and QTE's which tend to pull you out of any gameplay momemtum.

The QTE's are especially frustrating. Without the "Breakout" skill, I don't think I could have made it through this game with my sanity intact.

The new playable characters are fun with my favorite being Sherry Berkin. I usually pick her instead of Jake for his campaign.

The monsters are interesting, but don't quite have the same appeal as the ones from the original 3 games, like Lickers and Hunters, except for the Ustanak which is reminiscent of Tyrant and Nemesis.

As far as AI stupidity in RE6 (I'm assuming you mean your AI co-op partner), he or she tends to pretty much stay out of your way and is never too far when needed to open a door or to hit you with a health shot. They've even managed some decent kills during my playthroughs. I never really had a complaint about the AI in RE5 though except for when you gave her a powerful gun and she'd still resort to using her damn handgun. It's not an issue in RE6 as you never have to owrry about your partners health or inventory. So you basically just play as if he or she isn't even there.

R.I.P Ellie

Pretty much what SpiderGeek said.
    I personally really like the game. Finish all stories the other day on Professional and running back through for misc trophies.
    The AI is alot better than Resi 5 I think, none of the AI on Resi 6 have annoyed me.
    Again, as SpideyGeek said... the cutscenes all the time and QTE is abit annoying, but that's about it

PRO Member

6 is a lot easier than 5 here u have more life even on pro they dont 1 hit KO u so there u go