should i play resistance 1 and 2 before 3

This is a discussion on should i play resistance 1 and 2 before 3 within the Resistance 3 forum, part of the R; i really want to try a shooter game and maybe resistance but i dont know if i can enjoy resistance ...

BZA
    Lvl 2 - Bronze

should i play resistance 1 and 2 before 3

i really want to try a shooter game and maybe resistance but i dont know if i can enjoy resistance 3 without play the past 2, help me plz.
    [Platinums: Infamous, Infamous 2, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, Batman Arkham Asylum, Batman Arkham City, Rage, Catherine.]

]

Aperture Test Subject

You don't really need to play the first 2 to enjoy the 3rd, but I would recommend that you do as they are a good series. If you want trophies though, R1 didn't have them.

Will your next question be "should i play uncharted 1 & 2 before 3"?!

1000th Trophy | | Resistance 3 | Counter-Sniper | 10-Sep-2011

Lvl 9 - Gold

The 3rd game was a MAJOR disappointment.

It does have a recap, but the first 2 are brilliant fun, and are definately worth buying instead~ (even though both Multiplayers are absolutely stone DEAD)

You will be able to get them both bloody cheap as well, I won't spoil anything, you'd best rather approach it completely unknown

Regional Manager of War

You will enjoy the R3 without playing the previous two but again story wise you won't grasp the full meaning of the game. Atleast you can shoot things in the face

PRO Member

why did you make the same thread twice?

thread 2

Aperture Test Subject

Quote Originally Posted by tearzofblood View Post

thread 2
    You might want to look a little closer.

1000th Trophy | | Resistance 3 | Counter-Sniper | 10-Sep-2011

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by tearzofblood View Post

thread 2
    That's killzone, not resistance..

-------

I'd surely recommend getting R1, it's the best out of the series
    | Signature and avatar by dsluckay| Platbar by Wadefan1 |

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by britinamerica View Post
    You might want to look a little closer.
    haha you would be correct there wow its been a long day for me....i quit im going to bed.......

BZA
    Lvl 2 - Bronze

haha i confused dont know what game should buy =(
    [Platinums: Infamous, Infamous 2, Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, Batman Arkham Asylum, Batman Arkham City, Rage, Catherine.]

]

Regional Manager of War

I would buy the Resistance Bundle pack and enjoy the first 2 than get R3 on a price drop after the holidays

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by BZA View Post
    haha i confused dont know what game should buy =(
    The first game was unique, had great graphics for it's setting, the background music was great, the gameplay was great, THE WEAPONS WERE GREAT, THE ENEMIES WERE GREAT, BUY THE DAMN GAAAAAAAAAAAAAME.

BZA
    Lvl 2 - Bronze

is posible to platinum resistance 2?

]

Lvl 4 - Silver

They arent necessary for the third, but they are good to have if you really want to understand the game.
    Avatar by cmgravekeeper | Signature by Wadefan1

Change is good

Story wise, you dont need to, but you should. They are great games.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by BZA View Post
    is posible to platinum resistance 2?
    yes it is but you have to get 10,000 kills can be easily boosted on lvl 3on co-op thats just online

Lvl 8 - Gold

i would recommend it, Resistance 1 has one storyline, Resistance 2 has a different but related storyline, and Resistance 3 has another different but related storyline. Each game looks different; R1 looks like a spectacular video game, R2 looks like Hollywood stepped in and added Peter Jackson into the production mix, and so far for R3, it looks like Hollywood backed off a bit by sending in Jason Bloom to the production mix

Lvl 1 - Bronze

The story between the 3 of them isn't that strong honestly but I always like to play series from beginning to end. Resistance 1 has the better story and it's cool because Nathan Hale is the main character but another character narrates so she covers for Hale's really plain/boring personality. 2 doesn't really make much sense and I'm not even kidding when I say I didn't really know what they were doing half the time, Hale and co. kind of just go off and do things and there is a reasoning behind it but it's ill-explained and the single player has fun gameplay but god is it soulless, it's just really blank and lame. 3 is amazing though, 3 completely fixes all of the problems of the past 2. Whoever said it was a disappointment above is wrong, Resistance 3 is easily the best of the trilogy in the single player.

I just got the Resistance Trilogy 2 weeks ago and I'm in the final levels of Resistance 3 now so I haven't beaten it yet but so far, it's been like all the best parts of Half-Life 2 mixed in with some Walking Dead style and it feels tonally completely different but then again, they all do. R1 feels very much like a WWII game gone wrong and you trying to counter-attack an enemy that has taken over your country. R2 is like your a military badass with a squad of super-powered soldiers like yourself while the Chimera are constantly pushing you guys backwards across the country and you are trying every trick in the book to try and eliminate them but you are constantly failing and retreating. R3 is like they gave up on that and admitted defeat except for one scientist who brings your character back in the fold, you journey across an America that has completely lost and are now just trying not to die and your character just wants to return to his family. I have yet to play the multiplayer on any of them so I can't comment on that. Resistance 1 is fun, R2's story is honestly better read on a Wikipedia page than actually playing it and Resistance 3 is amazing.