Is this game awesome or what!!?

This is a discussion on Is this game awesome or what!!? within the Rocksmith forum, part of the R; This game released in Europe last week, so of course i picked it up being a guitar player and all, ...

Rainbow in the dark

Is this game awesome or what!!?

This game released in Europe last week, so of course i picked it up being a guitar player and all, i taught myself with books but always remained nothing more than an amateur.
    But GODDAMN after a few days of playing this game, i consider myself good enough to be on stage! Thats how well this game teaches you which no book or teacher could ever do.

So why the hell are so few people/gamers playing this?

Let yourself be heard if you have this game, and how good you have you gotten since you started playing?

I've been playing almost non-stop since i got this game and only stopped playing since my fingers were getting blisters on its blisters lol.
    sig made by Bladia

Every time I drink a beer
    It makes your lazy eye disappear
    Every time I do a shot
    I think you're hot, but I know you're not
    Oh, I'm just trying to drink you pretty

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Best music game out there no doubt about it and wins in the inovation section aswell, the game is just simply awesome and I don't see it as just game but also as software, you basically have a recording studion on this game, the amount of Amps, Pedals, Guitars it's just amazing and that Tone Maker option... Sweet Jesus!
    Awesome Sig By Apokolypz

Rainbow in the dark

Too bad the list of songs sucks, except for plug in baby, there arent any songs i'm excited about learning.
    Some Metallica wouldn't hurt.
    sig made by Bladia

Every time I drink a beer
    It makes your lazy eye disappear
    Every time I do a shot
    I think you're hot, but I know you're not
    Oh, I'm just trying to drink you pretty

Lvl 3 - Bronze

They'll launch a DCL pack song of Metallica, they already did it with Megadeth soo it's just a matter of time.
    Regarding the songs of the game, I'm actually happy with the list, I agree that some songs are just not good and shouldn't be in it, but you also have some very cool songs like Nirvana, Lenny Kravitz, Eric Clapton and more.
    Awesome Sig By Apokolypz

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I've been playing this on my bass and I found it a bit tricky to get to grips initially as I've been playing bass for 3 years looking at the neck but now I'm used to it it's such a brilliant game and great way to learn if you're a beginner. I haven't got around to playing the Guitar part yet but I imagine that'll be even more in depth than the Bass section which is very good.

PRO Member

I don't feel that I have gotten significantly better at guitar since I picked up this game, but it certainly has given me an excuse to pick up my electric more often (I primarily play acoustic). I wish the original setlist had been better, but it's certainly not awful.

The big problem I have though is the delay. Not much of an issue for the songs since the game is pretty lenient, but it makes it really tough to play around in the jam session mode. I only have an HDMI connected to everything because I don't have any external speakers. If I get speakers at some point I'll have to be sure to get some component cables as well so I can play this game like it was meant to be played. Since I'm in an apartment at the moment it's hard to use my real amp, so using the tv instead would be nice.

One more thing - does anyone else have difficulty getting the game to recognize harmonics when you play them?
    Currently working on: Jak 3

Platinums (25): 3D Dot Game Heroes, de Blob 2, FIFA 14, FF XIII, FF XIII-2, inFAMOUS, Jak 1, Jak 2, LittleBigPlanet, LittleBigPlanet 2, Medieval Moves, ModNation Racers, PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, Racquet Sports, Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time, Rayman Legends, Rayman Origins, Sly 1, Sly 2, Sly 3, Sports Champions, Sports Champions 2, Tiger Woods PGA Tour Golf 12: The Masters, Trine 2, WipEout HD

Trophy Checklist

Trophy Guides:
    Racquet Sports

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I like the game for the most part but some things bug me really badly. The loading screens are terribly long and the minigames are so hard they're almost impossible for me.. it has trouble recognizing my notes in almost every game. And then there's the set list.. absolutely terrible. No one likes that new indie crap, why would they even think about putting that garbage on there? Classic rock is what needed to be on there. Very disappointing songs but oh well.. that's where the DLC comes in.. they get even more money from you.