Online Trophies:
Cheat Codes Affect Trophies: N/A
Estimated Time to Platinum:
200-300 Hours
Minimum Playthroughs: 7 Seasons + Online
Collectible Trophies:
none
Missable Trophies:
There are several career trophies that are missable. Hot property is easy to miss, but ill tell you everything you need to know in the Roadmap.
Platinum Difficulty: 10/10
Glitched Trophies:
Practice makes Perfect & Made Perfect (REPORTEDLY)

[top]Tips & Strategies

I would use custom set-ups, If your having trouble on a particular track. I would use these F1 2010 Setups, but don't just copy them, tweak them to your driving style.

If you have a racing wheel with Force Feedback use it ! When racing on Expert Difficulty it will make all the difference. Also don't forget to practice in Grand Prix mode, practice is your best friend !

[top]Cheats, Glitches, & Exploits

This game has lots of glitches. However, there are ways around some of them. If you have not installed patch 1.01 yet, you should. It has fix most of the major problems.

Official Forum Homepage HERE
Codemasters Patch news HERE
Full bugs and errors list HERE

There is a way to get World Champion - Expert easier than doing it on Expert. See World Champion - Expert to see how.

Here is some of the music form the game that you can listen to as you read my Guide

Toggle Spoiler

[top]Payney's Pathway to Platinum

STEP ONE:
Season One: When you start the game you will be ask how many seasons you will be racing for. Make sure you select a 7 season career. You will also be asked which team you are racing for, it will be one of the 3 new teams and I would say Virgin Racing is the best one but that is my personal preference. Don't expect to win races at the very start of the season (you put the AI on the lowest difficulty to help with getting Schuperb and other trophies out of the way fast), but as your team does R&D the car will improve and you will be closer to the podium finishes and even race wins.

After your first race you will get Rookie Driver, you will also get Face the Press as long as you do an Interview. You should get Seeking Performance after a R&D session in one of the first few races. If you are winning races then you will get The Magic Number after your third win. When you get a new contract offer don't accept or decline it straight away, win the race after you get the offer and you'll get Attracting Attention. At some point in the season you get an interview about your championship rivals, choose the highest placed one rival and you will get Strength of Character. If you beat him with a few races to go you will get an often to drive for his team but i would decline it and pick a mid-table team.

MAKE SURE YOU FINISH AHEAD OF YOUR TEAM MATE IN EVERY RACE IN YOUR FIRST SEASON! I put it In caps because its the easiest time to do it, so get it out the way.

If you win your first season and beat your team mate in every race you will get Seasoned,
Impress the boss, Limelight, World Champion, Rocking the Boat, Crushing Victory & Team Leader. If you don't get them all there are six more years to get them. so don't panic.

STEP TWO:
Online:
After a full season you will know have a good understanding of the tracks and can begin to get the 1 million XP you needed to get
Nifty 50 and the other Online Trophies. I would boost with a friend(s) or by using the the Official F1 2010 Boosting Thread, i would do 1 lap races and make sure you have penalties off and dont hit each other. See Nifty 50 for more Online tips. Getting 1 million XP will take a long time so doing races with randoms Online will also help a lot, but watch out for the 1st corner idiots.

STEP THREE:
Season Two:
Get as many Pole positions as you you can and make sure you convert them to wins. Try to get a 2nd world championship for Double World Champion. If you're still at a small team and don't have Hot Property yet you may wont to get it out of the way now.

Season Three: If you not at one of the big three yet just keep getting poles and winning the races. If you are at one of the big teams now is the time to go for World Champion - Expert. This will be hard, but if you a racing wheel with Force Feedback it would help. If you don't have one don't give up, practice makes perfect. Don't forget to use custom sets ups as it really helps. I use the ones on
RaceDepartment.com, don't just copy them though, tweak them to you driving style.

Season Four: If you didn't get to drive for on of the big teams or didn't get World Champion - Expert last season do it now. If you did, keep doing any career pacific trophies like Schuperb.

STEP FOUR:

Seasons 5- 7: Finish up any career pacific trophies like Schuperb. If you have done them all then you can end the last few seasons quickly. You can skip to the race on every weekend and set the penalties and damage to Full and just smash into some cars on/or the first corner, you will get Black flagged and go on to the next race. You wont win the championship, but if you have got all the other trophies and are not totally bored of this game by now, you can get Commitment is the Key and be on your way.

STEP FIVE:
Clean Up:
All that will be left are the non career pacific trophies like I Ain't Afraid of No Ghost. See the individual trophies below for all the details.

[top]Trophies

[top]
Complete
Congratulations. You've completed F1 2010

Like all other platinum trophies: get all the other trophies in the game and you will get the platinum.

[top]
Rocking the Boat
You have finished ahead of your senior team-mate in your first season with a team

This is really easy when at one of the new teams. I did it in my first season which when I recommend you do it. Just finish ahead of you team mate in the championship standings. Team mates like Di Grassi usually finishes at the back so it not difficult to beat them.

[top]
Practice makes Perfect
You have taken part in all 3 Practice sessions of a race weekend

This is really easy. On your next (or first) race you can select a long or short weekend. Pick long weekend and simply do at least one time flying lap in each 3 sessions (remember in you get a black/white flag that lap will not count). Once you post a time fast-forward by looking at the lap times on the driver TV and press twice to go X30 speed and you can listen to some Sub-focus and Chase & Status. This one may be glitched but I think some people are just doing it wrong.

[top]
Rookie Driver
You have completed your first career race

This is the 2nd easiest trophy in the game. Just finish the first race in career mode in Bahrain. It doesn't matter if its a 20% or 100% race distance.

[top]
Face the Press
You have completed your first interview with the media

This is the easiest trophy in the game. Return to the paddock after a Practice 3 or Qualy there will be a reporter asking for an interview. Just answer the the 3 questions and you have a super easy trophy.

[top]
Seeking Performance
You have successfully completed an R&D test

At some point in the season your engineer will say 'we have some performance test to run this session'. Put in your set-up or use quick stet-up. Then go to R&D objective in the engineer menu and bet the 'target time' with 7 laps (which is easy) in each practice session.

[top]
Hot Property
Congratulations! You have won a lucrative contract with a higher placed team

If you do well enough and your reputation is high enough you will be offered a place at a another team. If there higher than your team in the Constructors Champion and you accept a contract you will get this trophy. You will not get this if you are always leading the Constructors Championship. If after the 5th season and you don't have this trophy go back to one on the new teams and accept a contact with higher placed team in that season.

If you beat you rival with a few races to go, you will be offered a contact with them. if you don't wont to go to them fellow these steps;
  1. go to MY F1
  2. go to PROFILE
  3. turn off autosave
  4. accept the contact
  5. wait for the trophy to come up
  6. quit game
  7. start it up again
  8. make sure autosave is on
  9. and your back to were you were before you accepted the contract

[top]
One-Two
Excellent! You have achieved a one-two finish with your team-mate in a career race

You'll have to wait until you are at one of the big teams to get this. You and your AI team mate have to finish 1st and 2nd in a any career race. If you at one of the big teams and you keep winning you will get this at some point in the season. If by the last race you don't have it force other driver of till your team mates in front and then just slow the drivers behind you down. Its harder doing it this way as you can get penalized but it most like wont come to that.

[top]
Clean License
Nicely driven. You have completed a race without incident

If you don't get this in your career crate a single player, 1 lap race, short week end. Skip Qualy and Practice and you'll be at the back. Let the other cars have a 10 second head start and just drive round making sure to not cut any corners or hit any other drivers.

[top]
Speed Demon
You have driven a Formula 1 car above 200 mph / 353 kph

This is another easy one. I got this in an Online race at Monza with the set-up on the fastest quick set-up. But it can be done in time trail. Here is a video that you should find helpful.

Toggle Spoiler

[top]
Well Protected
You completed a single player race using only the cockpit view

This one is also very easy. pick a 1 lap race (Monza is nice and easy), put it in to Cockpit View (the view a real F1 driver has, with the steering wheel infront of you). Before the race starts (you can change it on the grid) and just finish the race with out changing the view and there one more towards the platinum.

It will look like this:

Toggle Spoiler

[top]
Silver Arrow
You have won the German Grand Prix in single player driving for Mercedes

Go to Grand Prix and pick the Mercedes and use Niko Rosberg or the 7 time World Champ, pick Hockenheim and length to 1 lap . Set the AI difficulty to easy and make sure you win.

[top]
Rain Meister
You won a single player Grand Prix of 20% distance or higher in heavy rain

I would do this with Unforgettable. Its a good way to kill to birds with one stone. Go to Grand Prix and pick one of the best cars and Monaco on a short weekend with race 20% race distance in heavy rain. Put it on easy difficulty (with brake assist on) Use a wet set-up and get Pole. Then win the race.

[top]
Against all odds
You won a single player race after starting in last place

In Grand Prix pick a 1 lap race, short weekend. Skip Qualy and Practice and you'll be at the back. Put the AI on easy. I found this easy on Spa cause the AI always brake when you don't need to. Using one of the big teams this should not be a problem but you can increase the no. of laps if you wish.

[top]
It's a Set-Up
You successfully won a race using a car set-up which you've created

If you don't get this in your career then go to Grand Prix and do any 1 lap race. Go to the set-ups on your drivers TV and use one of these F1 2010 Setups or if you don't wont to use one of them you can change just one thing like the fuel. change that form Standard to Fast. Then win.

[top]
I ain't Afraid of no Ghost
You've posted a time in Time Trial mode

Simply go to Time Trial mode and set a time on any track. It doesn't matter what car, track or driver aids you have.

[top]
2nd Chance
You have used the Flashback feature and gone on to win the race

At some point in a race use a Flashback. I doesn't matter when you use it or what place you are in. Just use one and win the race. If you are winning the race and have not used a Flashback then use in in the straight before the finishing line. You can do this on Expert difficulty because you don't get any Flashbacks.

[top]
Seasoned
You have completed your first season in Formula 1

Simply finish the first season. It doesn't matter were you finish in the Driver's or Constructors Championship. There 19 races in a Season and can take some time.

the races are, in order:

Toggle Spoiler

[top]
Well Drilled
Slick! You performed a perfectly timed pit stop

To get this tricky trophy go to Grand Prix and pick any car. Then select 3 laps and race only. Then pick a track that you know well and get going. You don't have to win or even finish the race. Make sure not to hit any other drivers as it wont be prefect with anything other than just a tyre change. Make sure that PIT LIMITER and PIT BOX CONTROL are on MANUAL. Now before you get to the 3rd sector press to tell the pit crew your coming in. If you don't use a Flashback as it is very imported. As you go into the pits your engineer will tell you to put the limiter on, to do this press , keep holding the accelerator until you need to brake and keep on the brakes. If you brake late you will go to far forward and you will fail get a pit stop under 5 seconds. It a bit of trail and error so don't worry if you mess up first time. When the lollipop man lifts his lollipop accelerate. As long as you time is under 5 seconds you will see the trophy when you leave the pit lane. Here is a video to help you out:

Toggle Spoiler

[top]
Semi Auto
You completed a race using manual gears

Go to Grand Prix and pick any car. Then select 1 lap and race only and make sure you gear box is set to MANUAL. Then pick a easy track that you know well and get going. You don't have to win, just finish.

[top]
The Magic Number
You've won 3 career races

After you win 3 races in your career you will get this trophy. The best way to get race wins is to got pole.
Some other tips are:
  • Use practice sessions to learn to track.
  • Using Custom can shorten lap times be seconds.
  • Don't cut corners or hit AI drives as you may get a penalty.
  • If you spin out or get a penalty use a Flashback.
  • If you think an AI driver is going to pass you, try take of his front wing, this will make him pit for a new one.
  • You can always restart the race.

I find the easiest races are Monza, Spa and Montreal and the hardest is Monaco.

[top]
Impress the Boss
You've exceeded a career objective

when you sign for a team your season objective would be finish in a pacific place in the Drivers Championship. When you start your career at one of the new teams your season objective would be finish in 20th in the drivers championship, just finish in 19th or more and you will get this trophy.

[top]
Attracting Attention
You've won a race while under offer of a new contract

When you get a new contract offer don't accept or decline it straight away, win the race after you get the offer and you'll get it. You can see your contract offers by going to your agent in your trailer. She normally tells you when you get an offer, if your having trouble winning a race you can always lower the difficulty.

[top]
The Big One
You've met the requirements of a Championship leading team

If your team is leading the Constructors Championship finish the Drivers Championship in the place or higher then your contract say you need you to. You can see your contract objective via your agent in your trailer.

[top]
Team Leader
You've taken the number 1 driver position within team

You can do this get a new contract or with a promotion from current team. If you finish high Drivers Championship you will get this after the last race of the season. If you accept a contract to be number 1 driver in a team the trophy come up until the season is finished.

[top]
Built to Succeed
Your team has won the Wolrd Constructors' Title

This one is down do a bit of luck. But if your at a team like Force India and keep winning races and getting podiums, your team should be at the top of Constructors Championship because your team mate will get points in most races. But if you at a top team then your get it easily with them as long as you do ok.

[top]
Crushing Victory
You showed your team mate how it's done

To get this one you need to finish every race in a season ahead of your team mate. It should be easy in your first season as you team mate will finish last or at least near the back. If he keeps getting ahead of you take off his front wing to make him pit.

[top]
Schuperb
In single player you've beaten Michael Schumacher's record of 40 wins from Pole Position

You need to get at least 40 pole positions and convert them into wins. If your having trouble you can lower the difficulty to make it easier. However, you have 7 seasons which is 133 races. So, you have lots of chances to get this. Just make sure that when you get pole to win that race. You can not get 40 poles and 40 wins in different race weekends, it must be the same race weekend.

[top]
Made Perfect
You placed first at the end of all 3 Practice Sessions of a race weekend

You can do this in Grand Prix or Career mode. You must pick long weekend and you must finish in first in all 3 practice sessions. If your having trouble do it in Grand Prix mode and pick a good car and a track you are good at. This one may be glitched but I think there just doing it wrong.

[top]
Pole Position
You qualified in the number one spot in a single player race

You will most likely get Pole in you career but if your having trouble put the difficulty down and set the fastest time in qualy. If you make a mistake you can use a Flashback and you can try block the driver behind you to ruin there lap times

[top]
Podium Finish
You finished on the podium in a Career or Grand Prix race

Just finish a race in 1st, 2nd or 3rd place in a Career or Grand Prix race. You can put it on easy make the race shorter if you wont to. Being as high up on the grind and make up as many on the 1st lap as you can. Once you up as high as you think you can go build as big of a gap as you can and use Flashbacks if you mess up.

[top]
Too Step
Congratulations! You took your first Career or Grand Prix victory

Just finish a race in 1st place in a Career or Grand Prix race. You can put it on easy make the race shorter if you wont to. The best way to get race wins is to got pole.

Some other tips are:
  • Use practice sessions to learn to track.
  • Using Custom can shorten lap times be seconds.
  • Don't cut corners or hit AI drives as you may get a penalty.
  • If you spin out or get a penalty use a Flashback.
  • If you think an AI driver is going to pass you, try take of his front wing, this will make him pit for a new one.
  • You can always restart the race.

I find the easiest races are Monza, Spa and Montreal and the hardest is Monaco.

[top]
Unforgettable
You have taken pole and won the Monaco Grand Prix in a single player race

I would do this with Rain Meister. Its a good way to kill to birds with one stone, also the AI have trouble get good lap times in Heavy Rain on Monaco. Go to Grand Prix and pick one of the best cars and Monaco on a short weekend with race 20% race distance in heavy rain. Put it on easy difficulty (with brake assist on) Use a wet set-up and get Pole. Then win the race. I would do this in Heavy rain because the AI really suck on Monaco in lots of rain, especially on easy.

[top]
World Champion
You have won the Formula 1 Drivers' Championship

You will get this as soon as its mathematical impossible for any of the AI drivers to get more points than you, in the Drivers Championship, in career mode. If your on one of the lower difficulties you can do it in your first season. If you doing it on one of the higher difficulties you probably won't be able to do it until you are at one of the big teams, unless your very highly skilled.

[top]
World Champion-Expert
You won the Formula 1 Drivers' Championship on Expert difficulty

If you wont to get this legitimately this will be difficult even for the best Sim racers. You'll have to wait until you're at one of the big team before you can even think about getting this. This trophy will not be awarded to you till the season is over.

Tips I have been given:
  • Use custom Set-ups.
  • When you first drive without using assists it's a good idea to avoid accelerating unless your car is pointing in a straight line.
  • Break before the apex, let the car roll round the corner with the remaining momentum and ONLY when the car is NOT turning gently press on the gas.
  • Picking the right line when entering a corner helps you to avoid spinning out, as does a higher down force setting.
  • Try pick the best gears in corners to get the right amount of traction.
  • Brake when going straight ahead, as your brakes are much more effective when you are traveling in a straight line.
  • In your set ups, be sure to set your throttle map to "standard" as the last thing you want to add to your present mix is very hyper engine when accelerating.
  • If you can use a steering wheel, it is much easier to control the car. One with Force Feedback will also help.

With thanks to caudas, MatzF1 and Jammydodgerman form the F1 2010 the game forum.

Now, if however you cant get this legitimately because your not the best Sim racer in the world don't worry. You'll still have to wait until you're at one of the big team before you can even think about getting this. But this will still be hard and can be easily messed up. If you follow these steps exactly then your over half the difficultly. I have yet to do this but it does work. the basic idea is your on the track you can pause the game, switch on the assists you won't and you can continue racing. Then before you finish the race/session turn the assists back off and it will still think you done it all on expert.

1. When your starting a new season, select expert difficulty in the menu, the one you get when you're about to start a session.
  2. Don't change it at any point in the season, it should always say expert when starting a session. If it say Custom you messed up somewhere.
  3. When your doing Practice or Qualy, turn the assists on when you are out on track.
  4. Switch them off before returning to the garage/restarting the session. If you're on the track when the session is about to end, pause the game and turn off the assists before you cross the finish line.
  5. When racing, turn the assists on when your on the grid, pause the game and turn them off before crossing the finish line and don't forget to turn them back off if your restarting the race.
  6. If you have a few USB sticks make a different game save after every race. This way you can go back if you messed up somewhere.

[top]
Double World Champion
You have won the Formula 1 Drivers' World Championship for the second tme

You will get this as soon as its mathematical impossible for any of the AI drivers to get more points than you, in the Drivers Championship, in career mode for the 2nd time. If your on one of the lower difficulties you should be able to do this with one of the mid-table teams like Force India. If you doing it on one of the higher difficulties you probably won't be able to do it until you are at one of the big teams, unless your very highly skilled.

[top]
Triple World Champion
You have won your third Formula 1 Drivers' World Championship

You will get this as soon as its mathematical impossible for any of the AI drivers to get more points than you, in the Drivers Championship, in career mode for the 3nd time. If your on one of the lower difficulties you should be able to do this with one of the mid-table teams like Force India. If you doing it on one of the higher difficulties you probably won't be able to do it until you are at one of the big teams, unless your very highly skilled.

[top]
Strength of Character
You've selected the most challenging Championship Rival

In a press interviews you'll get asked who you think your biggest championship rival is. You will have 3 choices, simply pick the highest place driver and you'll get this one. You will be ask at Spa on one of the races close to it.

[top]
Tifosi
You have won at Monza driving for Ferrari in a single player race

Just go to Grand Prix, select one of the Ferrari's (I'd pick Massa but that's because I don't like Alonso), set it to a low difficulty and 1 lap. Then pick Monza as and win.

[top]
Taking it Online
You have beaten the rest to win your first online ranked Grand Prix

You need to go online and pick Grand Prix, finish qualy and hope at least one other person doesn't quit and stays for the race. Then win or keep going until there other player(s) quit. You can do this with a friend as not many people play this game mode.

[top]
Perfect 10
You've achieved online ranking Level 10

See Nifty 50.

[top]
2 and 5
You've achieved online ranking Level 25

See Nifty 50. But be warned, just because your at level 25 don't think you half way there. You will be at Level 42 when you have half a million XP.

[top]
Nifty 50
You've achieved online ranking Level 50

To be honest this will take a very long time. I think the best way to get this is to Boost with friends. It will be boring but i has to be done. When playing with a friend(s) in private race switch you will be 1st, 2nd, 3rd or what ever in each race. Codemasters will not tell us exactly how the XP works. Im not sure if number of racer or laps or what driver aid you use count. However, i think you get more XP doing 1 lap private races with a friend or two. Use the Official PS3T.com F1 Boosting Thread to find people to Boost with.

Using the settings below you should get 15,000-30,000 in an hour !

Toggle Spoiler

Now when your racing cut turn one and two and all the others if you want. You'll get 10 secs ahead by turn 3 so if you spin its not a problem. see image:

Toggle Spoiler

When racing with randoms online make sure you hit them or cut any corners. Each time you get a Black/white flag you will lose a bit of XP for that race.

[top]
A True Gent
You completed a multiplayer race without making contact with an opponent

It's easiest to do this racing with friends instead of randoms online. If you playing with randoms and you start at the back or the front you can just stay out of trouble and try stay clear of other racers who will ram you.

[top]
Full House
You were fastest in practice, qualified on pole and finished first in a single player event

If you don't get this in your career go to Grand Prix mode pick a track you good at with one of the top cars and put it on 1 lap and easy AI . Then set the fastest time in the practice session(s), get pole and win the race.

[top]
Limelight
You finished the season ahead of your Championship Rival

You need to finish the season ahead of the driver you choose to have as your Championship rival. Simple finish the season hight than him in the Drivers Championship.

[top]
Commitment is the Key
You have completed 7 full seasons

Just complete 7 full seasons. You can end the last few seasons quickly if you have done all the other career trophies. You can skip to the race on every weekend and set the penalties and damage to Full and just smash into some cars on/or the first corner, you will get Black flagged and go on to the next race. You wont win the championship, your most likely totally bored of this game after season 4.

[top]
Clean Sweep
You qualified in pole position with the fastest time in each sector in a single player game

I done this in spa in my first season. Pick a track you know well and nail every sector perfectly with the fastest time in each. Make sure you have some Flashbacks to use if you mess up. You can do this in Grand Prix and use a top car with the AI on easy. You can also slow drivers behind you down if you like but don't get to more than 3 Black/White flags as you will get a grid drop and you wont get the trophy.

[top]
Consistency is the Key
You scored a point in each race of a season

Its easier said than done. You need to finish in the top 10 in every race of a season. I find Monaco hard but don't worry if you haven't got this by season 4 you'll have 3 more seasons to do it in. Just put the AI on easy for the harder races or for the whole season.

[top]
True Racer
You won a single player race without using driver aids

Pick one of the top cars, select a the Canadian Grand Prix and put it on a 1 lap race the AI on easy and turn off everything under the driver assists in the menu. This can be hard but you can cut almost all the corners before you get a +10 second penalty. The reason why I say to use Canada is because the AI will brake hard for turn 12 (were the pit entry is). However you can just go full throttle in top gear and over anyone in front of you. You could also block the drivers behind you if your in front. Using the picture (see spoiler) and the tips I have given on World Champion - Expert you shouldn't have to much trouble.

Toggle Spoiler