Players: 1-4
Online Play: Yes
Online Trophies: No
Cheat Codes: None
Cheats Affect Trophies: N/A
Trophy Difficulty: 2/10
Time to Platinum: About 20-22 hours on Easy

[top]Introduction

This game is basically the same as the ashes 2009 game, as you will see with the trophies. I recommend you dont buy this game at full price unless you won't to play as Canada or some of the other teams added for the 1st time and/or won't to get the platinum.

[top]Tips & Strategies

Play all the games on easy and save it after every over (or ball if you want). This is just so you don't have to worry about getting bowled out. If your like me and don't like the new 3rd person view mode it can be changed to boredcast view (what it was in the last game), at the main menu go down to options. Always filed first, and get the over team all out with as few runs as possible, this way you dont have to bat for as long and its faster, unless your going to a trophy that that requires you to bat first.

Batting Tips:
Just loft it! Press to tell the bolwer your ready, then hold and and smash the ball in the air with .

Bowling Tips:
(As with the last game) Some bowlers may be better you than other bowlers. I don't like fast bowlers because i can very rarely get any wickets with them. I suggest that you use two spinners and aim the ball at the Stumps/LBW and make it spin into there stumps, that's what works the best for most people.

[top]Payney's Pathway to Platinum

Step 1: Learn the Game
The first thing you need to do is the Batting, Bowling and Fielding Lesson. Even if you have played Ashes 2009 you still need to to them as the are some changes and you get get three bronze trophies for it.

Step 2: Be the Champion
Now you now want you are doing you can go for the Champions trophies.

Step 3: Time to Clean Up
You should go for the other trophies while you are doing the Champions trophies. Doing this will save time as the Champions Tournaments take a long time.

[top]Trophies

[top]
Best of the Best
Earn all of the Trophies in the game.

You know the drill.

[top]
Master of the Blade
Successfully complete all of the batting lessons.

This trophy is the hardest of all the three lessons. Batting in 3rd person view sucks and there is lots of things to look at and it is very annoying.

[top]
Master with the Ball
Successfully complete all of the bowling lessons.

This is a easy bronze, just do what it says and you'll be fine. This is also were you'll find the best bowling tactics for you.

[top]
Dynamite in the Field
Successfully complete all of the fielding lessons.

Easiest of all of the lessons. As soon as the circle goes green press after about the 5th time the lesson will be done.

[top]
Raise the Bat
Score 50 runs in an innings with a single batsman in single player.

[top]
The Big 100
Score 100 runs in an innings with a single batsman in single player.

[top]
The Double Ton
Score 200 runs in an innings with a single batsman in single player.

[top]
The Triple Ton
Score 300 runs in an innings with a single batsman in single player.

For all these run scoring trophies i suggest that you advance and loft (hold and the press at the right time) the ball as much as possible. I would save the game every over just in case you get out. You can just reload the game form were you saved it. To make it even easier use the Codemaster or Trickstar teams and play against Scotland or Canada.

[top]
Power Hitting
Hit 6 fours in 6 consecutive deliveries in an innings in single player.

This one is a bit harder than The Blazing Blade. Use the same batting tactic as with the other trophies but don't use full power (you will learn how to do this in the batting lessons). If you find adjusting the power hard find a gap in the field and hit for an attack hit. Doing this will keep it on the ground. To make this even easier play against Scotland and save it after every four. *Note* You do not have to get all the fours in one over as they just need to be consecutive.

[top]
The Blazing Blade
Hit 6 sixes in 6 consecutive deliveries in an innings in single player or ranked online match.

This is a piece of cake. It's the same as Power Hitting but with sixes and not fours so make sure you get a perfect on every lofted hit and give it full power. *Note* You do not have to get them all in one over they just need to be consecutive.

[top]
The Hat Trick
Take 3 wickets in a row from one bowler in a match in single player.

This trophy can be hard but if you do this it will be easy:
  • Play against an easy team and use a spinner, Aim the ball at there wickets or what ever works for you.
  • Save it after every wicket and just keep reloading if you do not get a wicket.
  • Also you may wont do do this when you get to the lower order batsman as there not as good.

[top]
Raise the Ball
Take 5 wickets in an innings with a single bowler in single player.

See If You Want Something Done Right right below.

[top]
If You Want Something Done Right
Take 10 wickets in an innings with a single bowler in single player.

This is easier than you may think. Play a Test Match (this is because there are lots of overs and you shouldn't reach a bowlers over limit). Also pick a spinner that you can take wickets with. Take wickets in his overs only and in every other over use a fast bowler and bowl the other side of the batsman so he doesn't hit the ball. DO NOT take wickets with the other bowlers.

[top]
Nought and Nought
Dismiss a batsman for a duck twice in a Test Match in single player.

See King Pair right below.

[top]
King Pair
Dismiss a batsman for a golden duck twice in a Test Match in single player.

In a Test Match make sure you get at least one golden duck and write down the name(s) of the people that you got out for a golden duck (or you could take a picture on your phone). In the second innings make sure you get one of those batsmen out for a golden duck again. Just in case you don't get him out for a golden duck save it before there first ball. Doing this will give you the Nought and Nought trophy at the same time.

[top]
Demolition with the Ball
Bowl the opponent out in 10 overs or less in single player.

Find out how you bowl best! Then use that tactic on a team like Scotland. After you played a few game you should have the skill to get this. If your doing really well save it! If you aim to get 10 in a row, save a quit after every ball, this will take a time long and be boring, but they will be all out in less than two overs.

[top]
20 Overs Domination
Score 200 runs or more in an innings of a 20 Overs match in single player.

This is not much harder than ODI Domination trophy. Play a 20 overs match and average over two runs a ball and you will get this before the end of your innings.

[top]
ODI Domination
Score 300 runs or more in an innings of an ODI Match in single player.

You have 50 overs to do this so it is very easy. Just use your top order batsman and get the sixes. You only need to average one run a ball, should be easy.

[top]
Test Match Domination
Score 600 runs or more in an innings of a Test Match in single player.

Get this when your doing The Triple Ton trophy. Just do the same with both batsman and you'll get this shortly after The Triple Ton.

[top]
10 Wicket Defeat
Win a Test Match by 10 wickets in single player.

For this one you need to field first and then in your first innings get what the computer got and Declare. To Declare pause the game then go to Tatics, then you will see the Declare option. Then get the computer out for as few runs as possible in there second innings and just get the target score without losing any wickets.

[top]
Innings Defeat
Win a Test Match by an innings or more in single player.

For this one bat first and get a really high total. 400 should be plenty but try get Test Match Domination when doing this trophy. Then bowl the opponent out for as few runs a possible (if you playing Scotland they wont get more then 80) but make sure that they are under far enough that you can enforce the follow on. Then get them out again before they reach your total and you will win with only batting once which means you beat them by one innings.

[top]
Champions Cup Champion
Win a full-lenght Champions Cup in single player.

Pick the team you think is best put it on easy and win all the matches. You can decrease the overs to 5 overs an innings to make the matches go faster.

[top]
World 20 Over Champion
Win a full-length World 20 Overs in single player.

Same as with the above pick the team you know you can win with and do your best and save. I played as England as they won the World T20 beating the Ozzys in the final and England has two spinners i like to use: Swann and KP !

[top]
20 Over Super League Champion
Win a full-length 20 Over Super League in single player.

For this one i would use Thunder. This is because they have four spinners and good batsman. Although i would suggest trying out each of the teams to get a fill for them. This one takes most of the time as its very long. Make sure the other team bats first to make the match go faster. there are 16 matches which you must play and win. 14 in the league, a semi and then the final.

[top]
World Trophy Champion
Win a full-length World Trophy in single.

Again all I can say is to pick the best team put it on easy and take a break to keep focus. Its not as long as the 20 Overs Super League but I would still field first and decrease the number of overs an innings. You must play and win each match in the tournament.

[top]
Test Series Champion
Win a custom Test Series in single player.

Another easy gold, go to Tournaments > Custom Tournament > then set it to two Test Matches. Play as Trickstar v Scotland to make it very easy.