Obtained every trophy.
An Army Without Borders
Cleared Prologue: An Army Without Borders.
This trophy is story-related and can't be missed.
The prologue consists of:
MAIN OPS 01 Opening / Investigate the Supply Facility
The prologue involves you infiltrating the compound that Paz was held captive in; it's a lot easier than it sounds. There are 3 areas that you have to cover. You first area starts you out on a beach. Use this area to test your shooting, aiming, and so forth as there are no enemies around. The game will prompt you to do this.
After you chuck a grenade at the gate to continue on, you'll end up in the second area, a small wooded area. Follow the path that avoids the enemies and it's a relatively quick route to the final area. There are a couple of items that you can pick up along the way if you so choose to.
The final area is the only one where you'll have to pay attention to the patrol patterns since the soldiers move around more than in the previous area. I found it relatively easy to head toward the left side of the area and follow the path between the containers toward the stairs. Pass the QTE's at the end of the chapter and the trophy unlocks.
A Country Without An Army
Cleared Chapter 1: A Country Without An Army. This trophy is story-related and can't be missed.
Chapter 1 consists of:
MAIN OPS 02 Contact the Sandinista Comandante
MAIN OPS 03 Pursue Amanda
MAIN OPS 04 Armored Vehicle Battle: LAV-Type G
MAIN OPS 05 Rescue Chico
MAIN OPS 06 Pursue the Jungle Train
MAIN OPS 07 Tank Battle: T-72U
MAIN OPS 08 Destroy the Barricade
MAIN OPS 09 Infiltrate the Crater Base
MAIN OPS 10 Pupa Battle
This trophy will be awarded after finishing the story mission MAIN OPS 10 Pupa Battle
, which can be considered the first actual boss of the game.
is an unmanned weapon that looks a lot like MGS3's Shagohod, but it has machine guns, a shock gun that paralyzes you for a moment, lighting rods and 2 propellers on each side, which let it rush towards you.
The battle will surely take a while if you aren't prepared, so before starting, make sure you have at least
one rocket-launcher equipped, whether it is the LAW
or any other you may be able to create through R&D (like the RPG2), a Supply Marker and, if you chose to only equip one rocket-launcher, a Machine Gun/Submachine Gun/Assault Rifle (preferably the Machine Gun, since it deals a higher damage).
Now, the Pupa loves to move around the area, so when it does that, take out your Machine Gun and aim for the big, black pod located at it's front. Whenever it stops, make sure to take out your rocket-launcher and aim for the pod, while moving as much as you can to avoid it's shock gun. You should be able to land at least
3 hits until it starts moving around.
After it's taken enough damage (about 4-5 health bars down), it will launch little mines across the area, which it'll later activate with it's shock gun. Be careful!
If you are near any of the mines, you'll be paralyzed and you'll receive a higher amount of damage than normal, so make sure to move to a place where there are no mines near you, or shoot them to destroy them. You may also shoot the Pupa's black pod while it is throwing/activating the mines.
Repeat this process until it's health is depleted, and now you'll have to shoot the pod to blow up the hatch and get inside. Once inside, simply choose at least one of each type of colored memory board and remove them by pressing
. After the time runs out, a scene will trigger, then the mission will be over and the trophy will unlock.
The Phantom Hero
Cleared Chapter 2: The Phantom Hero.
This trophy is story-related and can't be missed.
Chapter 2 consists of:
MAIN OPS 11 Travel to the Cloud Forest
MAIN OPS 12 Attack Chopper Battle: Mi-24A
MAIN OPS 13 Head for the Lab
MAIN OPS 14 Locate the ID Card
MAIN OPS 15 Chrysalis Battle
This trophy will be awarded after finishing the story mission MAIN OPS 15 Chrysalis Battle, which is the second major boss in the game.
The Chrysalis is an unmanned weapon that moves much like a helicopter.
Your best bet with this fight is to use the FIM-43, which can track the Chrysalis. The battle can be fought with non-tracking missiles such as the LAW or RPG, but your shots are limited to when it's still or moving slowly. You'll also probably want to bring your supply marker for additional ammo.
Remember to make use of your environment, but don't hang around in one area for too long. When the Chrysalis starts shooting it's rail gun, duck for cover or run around avoiding the hits. Eventually, it'll slow down and you'll have a chance to fire off a few shots.
The Chrysalis, at some point, will begin it's "attack form". It may not be a bad idea to take out an assault rifle or SMG for this part since it'll send probes out after you, so make sure to take them out quickly. When you get a chance, fire off some more shots until it starts moving again.
Keep moving and taking advantage of when it slows down, targeting the AI pod, and the fight shouldn't be too difficult.
A Nation Reborn
Cleared Chapter 3: A Nation Reborn. This trophy is story-related and can't be missed.
Chapter 3 consists of:
MAIN OPS 16 Travel to the Mine Base
MAIN OPS 17 Eliminate the Guards
MAIN OPS 18 Cocoon Battle
MAIN OPS 19 Infiltrate the Underground Base
MAIN OPS 20 Torture Chamber Escape
MAIN OPS 21 Head for Peace Walker's Hangar
MAIN OPS 22 Peace Walker Battle
You'll receive this trophy after you complete the mission MAIN OPS 22 Peace Walker Battle
. However, halfway through Chapter 3, you'll have to take on another boss, the Cocoon
in MAIN OPS 18 Cocoon Battle
First of all, the Cocoon is a gigantic tank, so you won't have much space to move around it if you drop to the area below of where you spawn, so it's recommended that you stay in there. Of course, you could always drop below and go below it in order to avoid it's missiles, turrets and what-not.
The Cocoon has many attacks: it's completely covered with guns, specially a high-caliber cannon below the Pod which will sometimes fire at you (Miller will warn you when the Cocoon about to use it, so take cover). It also has a big saw that'll sometimes pop up from the opposite part of where the pod is. Simply move away from it to evade it, or get below the Cocoon. It will also drop bombs and fire missiles at you, which you can outrun or evade by getting below the Cocoon.
Now, the best strategy I've found is to start shooting the Pod as soon as you can with everything you've got. If you see the Cocoon ain't moving, throw/put a Strike Marker below it and use it. Keep this up while trying to evade anything it throws at you.
After enough damage is dealt, the Cocoon will start moving around a lot and will suddenly "crash", releasing a pair of stairs on both it's sides. Do not climb them yet!
There are high-caliber turrets near the stairs and they'll obliterate you as soon as you get up there, so either stay below and keep shooting the pod, or destroy the guns and climb the stairs.
Now, in the upper level, you may see handles in a part of the armor, which are stairs, so as soon as the Cocoon's life is completely gone, climb them, shoot the Pod and enter it.
The Peace Walker battle might seem tough at first, but it isn't. First of all, ignore the advice of shooting it's legs. It ain't worth it unless you have some very good arsenal at your disposal. Simply focus on shooting the Pod.
The Peace Walker has a couple of attacks, but they are easy to evade. First, there's the flame thrower, which you can easily evade by moving away from the Peace Walker's legs. Then, there are the missiles, which you can easily outrun. The Peace Walker also likes to stomp it's foes with it's legs, so as soon as you see it is about to stomp you like a bug, roll away from it as fast as possible.
Now, the only actual attack that can cause troubles is when the Peace Walker starts walking around the place like crazy, with it's flame thrower lighting up anything it can. It's hard to evade, but the Peace Walker mainly surrounds the whole area, so the safest place to be at would be the center.
Simply keep shooting the Pod 'till it drops, and now you'll have to chase it while riding The Boss' horse, in a quick time event cutscene.
For the quick time event, you'll have to press the
button repeatedly in order to chase it. At some points, the Peace Walker will fire missiles at you, which you have to avoid by either pressing
faster, or by not pressing it at all.
Then there's a part in which you'll go unto the woods and you'll have to press
as fast as you can while avoiding trees by pressing
Afterwards, you'll have to do the same thing you did in the first part.
The Illusion of Peace
Cleared Chapter 4: The Illusion of Peace. This trophy is story-related and can't be missed.
Chapter 4 consists of:
MAIN OPS 23 Infiltrate the U.S. Missile Base
MAIN OPS 24 Head to the Control Tower
MAIN OPS 25 Peace Walker Battle 2
MAIN OPS 26 Peace Walker Battle 3
This trophy will be awarded after completing the mission MAIN OPS 26 Peace Walker Battle 3
. Before you do that, however, you have to complete the mission MAIN OPS 25 Peace Walker Battle 2
. Below, we'll explain strategies to beat both bosses.
- Machine Gun (Armor Piercing)
- Rocket Launcher
- Supply Marker
- Strike Marker
Peace Walker Battle 2
Here you'll face the Peace Walker again, albeit in it's "new" form. It still has it's flame throwers and missiles, plus an EMP field that'll cause any rockets you fire at it to bounce back to you. The new twist is that it will jump around the stage a lot, sometimes going into "Launching Mode", meaning you'll have a short period of time to deal enough damage to it so it won't launch it's nukes, because if it does, it's an automatic game over. It'll also do a "Leg drive motor charging", which will make it 'skate' through the area, sometimes spinning around, making it a hard target to evade.
Besides that, it'll also get up in it's two back "legs" and walk around, while throwing S Mines and using the flame thrower. It'll also say "Stop" and shoot a red laser at you, which will temporarily paralyze you.
Simply shoot the Pod as much as you can, and whenever you are given the opportunity, resupply. Make sure to learn it's attacks and patterns so you may be able to fully avoid them, and you should be done with this battle in no time.
After it's life is depleted, you'll get inside the Pod and you'll have to remove every
Memory Board. Like with the other battles, you have a time limit, but this time, it's over 4 minutes-long, meaning you have more than enough time to do so.
Peace Walker Battle 3
Simply shoot the Reptile Pod with all you got, and after enough damage is dealt, a cutscene will trigger, the mission will end, another cutscene will trigger, credits will roll and you'll be given the trophy.
Cleared Chapter 5: Outer Heaven.
Chapter 5 consists of:
MAIN OPS 27 Zadornov Search Mission
MAIN OPS 28 Zadornov Search Mission 2
MAIN OPS 29 Zadornov Search Mission 3
MAIN OPS 30 Zadornov Search Mission 4
MAIN OPS 31 Zadornov Search Mission 5
MAIN OPS 32 Zadornov Search Mission 6
MAIN OPS 33 ZEKE Battle
The missions for Chapter 5 have to be unlocked by playing various EXTRA OPS
missions. The final mission will involve you having to fight Metal Gear ZEKE. Once you've beaten ZEKE, this trophy will unlock.
First, make sure you've done the following in order to unlock MAIN OPS 33
- Finished ZEKE (all main parts as well as the railgun).
- Got a second plant built in Mother Base (you'll need to have your Mission Support Rank at least at 2, which means you need high-enough Intel for this, upwards of Lvl 40, if not higher).
- Completed all six of the Zadornov Search missions.
After finishing the story mission MAIN OPS 26 Peace Walker Battle 3
, you'll unlock a lot of new EXTRA OPS
. Simply play 2 of them, and a new one will appear, called Zadornov Search Mission
. After that one, finish two more EXTRA OPS
so you unlock the next one. Keep doing that until you unlock and beat Zadornov Search Mission 6
, and then finish 3 EXTRA OPS
. Now, go to the EXTRA OPS  Target Practice: No Limit
. Go to the second floor, and you'll find Zadornov hiding. Get near him and a scene will be triggered. Now, you've unlocked the final story mission MAIN OPS 33 ZEKE Battle
The ZEKE Battle isn't really that tough. It's basically the same thing as Peace Walker, except it's got machine guns and a Railgun, which it'll occasionally use by jumping out of your range. To avoid it, use the raised hangar doors as cover, and it walking around faster and stomping harder than PW did in the first battle.
Like in previous boss battles, simply shoot the AI Pod (which is the circle in the middle of the 'head') as much as you can, while avoiding it's machine guns, railgun, stomps and "running" attack.
MAIN OPS All Rank A
Cleared all MAIN OPS at Rank A or higher.
See Big Boss
MAIN OPS All Rank S
Cleared all MAIN OPS at Rank S.
See Big Boss
EXTRA OPS All Cleared
Cleared all EXTRA OPS missions.
EXTRA OPS missions are unlocked as you progress through the story missions and as you play already-unlocked EXTRA OPS missions. This trophy doesn't require a particular rank, so simply complete all EXTRA OPS mission to unlock it.
EXTRA OPS All Rank A
Cleared all EXTRA OPS missions at Rank A or higher.
See Big Boss
EXTRA OPS All Rank S
Cleared all EXTRA OPS missions at Rank S.
See Big Boss
Clear all MAIN OPS and EXTRA OPS missions at Rank S.
This is going to be, by far, the hardest trophy in the set. Achieving a rank of 'S' usually requires near-perfect play. Some generl tips are:
- You'll need to replay missions several times. This will help you get a feel for the layout of each mission, where the enemies are positioned, and so forth.
- Whenever possible, try the stealth route, and use your Fulton Recovery System as much as you can. This is especially important for battles against mechs. If you can Fulton out the enemies, usually you can get to where it's just you and the leader, allowing you to take him out and retrieve your enemy's vehicle, completely intact.
- Upgrade your weapons as much as possible; it'll make completing certain missions, in particular boss battles, much easier.
- If you can manage to acquire the 'infinite ammo' bandana, it'll make things much easier. it does not affect your score, so you can use it as much as you want, eliminating the need to use Supply Markers for extra ammo.
- Speed and Stealth are key in order to achieve a rank of 'S', hence why it's important to replay missions in order to memorize optimal routes and avoid killing enemy soldiers. Lethal force negates any chances of an 'S' rank.
- A rank of 'S' can still be obtained by playing co-op, so try to get help when necessary.
- Avoid using any MSF members that have the Sidekick skill as this will prompt them to use Battle Cries that negate the S rank; see the note below.
Originally Posted by Chain
You have far too many Game Overs
Reached 50 or more game overs.
This trophy is relatively straightforward. Anytime your health is completely depleted, snake dies and you get a game over. Simply get 50 game overs and the trophy unlocks. It should come through the natural progression of the game, but you can obviously pick any stage and keep dying repeatedly to unlock the trophy quicker.
Don't you have anything else to do with your time?
Rolled 100 times or more in a single mission.
This trophy is relatively straightforward. If you're not the type of player who rolls often during regular gameplay, just pick a mission and in an area with no enemies around, just keep rolling a bunch of times and this trophy should unlock within a few minutes. You'll probably want to restart the mission to achieve the best score possible, so don't choose an area "deep" into a mission. The very first mission where you start out on the beach is ideal since there are no enemies around by default. Additionally, the game apparently keeps track of how many rolls you've done in a particular mission, so if you do 50 rolls one time, then replay the mission and do another 50, the trophy should unlock as well.
Fulton Recovery Veteran
Reached 300 Fulton recoveries.
When you engage an enemy in Close-Quarters Combat (CQC), you inevitably stun them and knock them out, or you can hold them up, giving you an opportunity to use the Fulton Recovery System, essentially, a balloon that lifts them up to a "nearby" helicopter and takes the individual back to Mother Base to be part of your team. Simply perform 300 of these, either on enemies or POW's and the trophy unlocks. The 300 may seem like a lot but the'll easily and quickly come through the course of the game, so you don't have to go out of your way to get the 300.
Reached 100 hold-ups.
Hold-ups can be performed by CQC'ing an enemy to the ground and aiming your pistol at them before they get a chance to completely get up. They'll turn over onto their stomach and put their arms on their heads.
Alternatively, if you can sneak up on enemies easily (e.g., with the sneaking suit), you can just come up close to them, within CQC range, and press
to aim at their back, and Big Boss will say "Freeze!" and they'll go prone and stay there indefinitely.
Perform 100 hold ups to unlock the trophy.
Reached 100 kills.
This trophy is straightforward. Simply use lethal weapons and kill 100 soldiers and this trophy unlocks. Obviously, you won't be able to remain as stealthy as with the tranquilizer gun. Also, killing enemies rather than neutralizing them non-lethally lowers your rank, so keep that in mind.
Reached at least 100 stuns attacks or sleep-inducing attacks.
This trophy is straightforward. Simply use your stun gun, stun rod, or go for CQC attacks to stun your enemies rather than killing them with lethal force. Perform 100 stuns, and the trophy unlocks. This will undoubtedly come with little to no effort during your playthrough.
Obtained every costume.
To unlock this trophy, you'll have to either find or unlock the various costumes throughout the game. Below is a list and where to find the costumes, or how to unlock them. Those that are acquired via OUTER OPS
drops are not 100% guaranteed. You may have to replay OPS several times before the camo is unlocked. For camos that you have to find, use a soldier with the Channeler
skill and go to the map in the start menu. The Channeler
skill will display all items on the map.
The costumes are available for SP use by snake or other MSF soldiers.
The costumes are available for MSF soldiers in VERSUS OPS
- Jungle Fatigues - Default
- Naked - Default
- Tiger Stripe - Found in MAIN OPS 03 Pursue Amanda.
- Tiger Stripe (Naked) - Unlocked by completing MAIN OPS 03 Pursue Amanda.
- Auscam - Found in MAIN OPS 08 Destroy the Barricade.
- Auscam (Naked) - Unlocked by completing MAIN OPS 08 Destroy the Barricade.
- Snake - Found in MAIN OPS 11 Travel to the Cloud Forest.
- Snake (Naked) - Unlocked by completing MAIN OPS 11 Travel to the Cloud Forest.
- Leaf - Unlocked by completing EXTRA OPS  Fulton Recovery with a rank of 'S'.
- Leaf (Naked) - Unlocked by completing EXTRA OPS  Fulton Recovery with a rank of 'S'.
- Splitter - Found in EXTRA OPS  Ghost Photography. You need to bring a box and drop it by one of the large crates to climb up on it and retrieve the camo.
- Splitter (Naked) - Unlocked by completing EXTRA OPS  Ghost Photography.
- Squares - Found in EXTRA OPS  Classified Document Retrieval.
- Squares (Naked) - Unlocked by completing EXTRA OPS  Classified Document Retrieval.
- Sneaking Suit - Complete MAIN OPS 12 Attack Chopper Battle: Mi-24A.
- Battle Dress - Complete MAIN OPS 22 Peace Walker Battle.
- Battle Dress w/ Helmet - Unlocked by completing a 'S++' ranked OUTER OPS mission.
- Choco Chip - Unlocked by completing EXTRA OPS  POW Defense with a rank of 'S'.
- Choco Chip (Naked) - Unlocked by completing EXTRA OPS  Perfect Stealth with a rank of 'S'.
- Stench - Unlocked by completing EXTRA OPS  Dead Man's Treasure with a rank of 'S'.
- Neo Moss - Contact "The End" with your radio in EXTRA OPS  Dead Man's Treasure. Use the Codec until you hear "This is The End" and complete the mission to unlock the costume.
- Tuxedo - Complete MAIN OPS 26 Peace Walker Battle 3.
- T-Shirt - Found in EXTRA OPS .
- Amanda - Unlocked by completing EXTRA OPS  Date with Paz with a rank of 'S'.
- Miller - Unlocked by completing EXTRA OPS  Date with Kaz with a rank of 'S'.
- Swim Trunks - Unlocked after clearing all MAIN OPS and EXTRA OPS.
- Bikini - Unlocked after clearing all MAIN OPS and EXTRA OPS.
- Ratholos - Unlocked by completing EXTRA OPS  <<Hunting Quest: Rathalos>> or EXTRA OPS  <<Hunting Quest: Rathalos / Twilight>> with a rank of 'S'.
- Tigrex - Unlocked by completing EXTRA OPS  <<Hunting Quest: Tigrex>> or EXTRA OPS  <<Hunting Quest: Tigrex / Twilight>> with a rank of 'S'.
- Gear REX - Unlocked by completing any of EXTRA OPS  - EXTRA OPS  with a rank of 'S'.
- Commando - Unlocked by completing EXTRA OPS  Marksmanship Challenge.
- Patrolman - Unlocked by completing EXTRA OPS  Fulton Recovery.
- Russian Soldier - Unlocked by completing EXTRA OPS  Eliminate Enemy Soldiers.
- Escort Soldier - Unlocked by completing EXTRA OPS  Eliminate Enemy Soldiers.
- Guard - Unlocked by completing EXTRA OPS  Base Defense.
- Male POW - Unlocked by completing EXTRA OPS  Eliminate the Kidnappers.
- Female POW - Unlocked by completing EXTRA OPS  U.S. Soldier Rescue.
- Scout - Unlocked by completing EXTRA OPS  Dead Man's Treasure.
- Russian Commando - Unlocked by completing EXTRA OPS  Hold Up.
- Mechanic - Unlocked by completing EXTRA OPS  Missile Intercept Mission.
Originally Posted by Chain
Special Staff Recruiter
Assembled all special staff members.
This trophy requires you to 'recruit' four specific people in the game.
- Hideo Kojima in MAIN OPS 09 Infiltrate the Crater Base
- POW on roof in MAIN OPS 16 Travel to Mine Base
- POW in mission MAIN OPS 27 Zadornov Search Mission
- POW in mission MAIN OPS 31 Zadornov Search Mission 5
Recruited Hideo Kojima.
In order to recruit Kojima for MSF, go to MAIN OPS 09 Infiltrate the Crater Base. After making your way through the Fuerte La Ladera and into the Crater Base, you'll find a row of trucks. You are supposed to check the license plates and find the one with the nukes, but before that, find the one that shows the number 63824 when you zoom in and click confirm, and you'll be greeted by Hideo Kojima. Now simply finish the mission and you'll be awarded the trophy as well as have Kojima as part of your staff.
Captured a mech.
As long as you don't completely destroy the Mech during the mission named below, this trophy should unlock.
The earliest you can get this trophy is in the story mission MAIN OPS 04 Armored Vehicle Battle: LAV-Type G, where you have to fight a the armored vehicle at the last area. Below is our strategy to knocking out the tank's guard patrol, it's reinforcements and the driver.
As soon as you reach the area, you'll see the tank and its 4 guards in front of you. Right next to them, you may find something that looks like an old barn. Quickly get there while being crouched to avoid detection, equip the Fulton recovery system, then wait for the tank to start moving. As soon as you think that the guards won't see you stepping out, go after the one closest to you on the left rear and knock him out, then use the Fulton on him. Then, go after the one on the right rear and do the same to him.
Quickly go to the soldier at the right of the tank, knock him out and use the Fulton. Chances are the other one will hear something and go to where you are. As soon as you can, either shoot him in the head with the tranquilizer gun or knock him out, then use the Fulton on him.
Now, 4 soldiers will step out of the tank, so get back to the old barn as soon as possible to avoid detection. Now you simply have to do the same thing on all 4 of them.
Once all 4 of them are gone, the driver will pop out of the tank and start using the turret. Simply use your tranquilizer gun (or your M16AI, if you wish to kill him) and aim for his head. Do note that he is wearing a helmet, so you'll need to shoot him enough times for his helmet to drop. Then you'll just need to keep firing until he's down.
If you have the Sneaking Suit and a smoke grenade, this mission is actually quite easy. Approach the barn-like structure just like before and wait for the tank and guards to start moving. Once you can sneak around them, approach each guard quickly and press :lq: to hold them up. You only have to tap the button ... no need to hold it down. Also, once they begin the animation motion, you don't need to stick around; just proceed to the next guard. If done correctly, you should be able to hold all four up in a matter of seconds. After they're all down, fulton them all out and proceed to follow closely behind the tank and equip a gas grenade.
Once you hear the tank leader order the backup unit out, throw the gas grenade at the back of the tank. When the backup unit exits, the smoke should prevent them from spotting you. Quickly just walk up to the and press :lq: repeatedly until all four are down on the ground and fulton them. The tank should stop shortly and the hatch will open with the leader looking around to see what's going on. Quickly shoot him with your tranquilizer gun, and the mission should be complete.
Alternatively, if stealth isn't your preferred method (or if the enemy is alerted to your presence), you can try an all-out gunfight. Just remember to keep shooting for the heads to eliminate the enemies. Eventually their helmets will fall off, allowing you to kill them. Basically, kill both waves of guards, and eventually it'll be just you and the tank. Try not to damage the tank, if at all possible. What you're going to want to do is shoot out its fuel supplies--the small red boxes on the sides of the tank. Once you've shot out both, the driver will pop out. Just shoot for his head, as mentioned above, and once he's down, the mission ends, and a cutscene ensues. The trophy will unlock during the mission results screen.
Gives me infinite ammo
Acquired Infinity Bandana. Never worry about running out of bullets ever again.
The Bandana can be acquired by getting a rank of "S" in EXTRA OPS  AI Weapon Battle: Peace Walker Custom
, and then fully developing it via R&D. To be able to develop it, you'll need:
- Combat Unit - Lvl 88
- R&D Unit - Lvl 88
To unlock EXTRA OPS  AI Weapon Battle: Peace Walker Custom
, progress as follows:
MAIN OPS 33 > EXTRA OPS  > EXTRA OPS  > EXTRA OPS  > EXTRA OPS 
MAIN OPS 33 will only unlock after certain conditions.
- Have completed all prior MAIN OPS
- Have Metal Gear Zeke fully developed (All Main Parts and the Railgun)
- Have Mother Base upgraded up to a particular stage. Just keep on recruiting good Intel soldiers and developing more stuff.
- Kaz will call you that Zadornov has escaped one last time. Go into EXTRA OPS  Target Practice: No Limit and search for him up on the second floor.
: Wearing the bandana does not affect mission ranking.
Acquired stealth camouflage. Never worry about being detected ever again.
The stealth camouflage can be acquired by getting an "S" rank in EXTRA OPS  Perfect Stealth
and then fully developing it via R&D. In order to develop it, you'll need the following:
- R&D Unit - Lvl 88
- Intel Unit - Lvl 88
- Staff w/ [Metamaterials Technology] skill in your active roster of soldiers - Do EXTRA OPS  Perfect Stealth and rescue all 3 POW's and one of them should have this skill.
To unlock EXTRA OPS  Perfect Stealth
proceed as follows:
MAIN OPS 33 > EXTRA OPS  > EXTRA OPS  > EXTRA OPS  > EXTRA OPS  > EXTRA OPS  > EXTRA OPS  > EXTRA OPS  > EXTRA OPS  > EXTRA OPS 
See Gives me infinite ammo
on requirements to unlock MAIN OP 33.
: Wearing the stealth camouflage suit negates
achieving an "S" rank.
Heard a ghost on the radio.
Go to the EXTRA OPS  Dead Man's Treasure
. Now, go to the first soldier on the map and revive him with CPR, then immediately
use the Codec on the Start Menu (or press
if you have it hotkeyed). When near one of the revived soldiers, you'll be able to hear The End. It may take a few tries of the Codec before it's The End on the line. While you're at it, make sure to keep using the Codec until you hear "This is The End" to unlock the Neo-Moss camo.
Read all of Paz's diary.
There 10 diary entries that you can acquire. Paz's Diary entries can be obtained from any
of the AI weapons pods in EXTRA OPS, meaning that if you want, you can replay the Pupa Type II battle over and over until you have all the 10 diary entries. The diary entry that you receive is random, so you may wind up getting the same entry more than once. Battling another AI weapon does not necessarily mean you'll get a different diary entry. The prompt is easily missable, so if you want to be on the safe side, each time Big Boss moves from one rack to another, just keep spamming
and you can't miss any tape that appears.
After you've acquired the memoirs, go to any mission and go to the Briefing Files. From there, go over to the second tab and go down to Data Files. Go to Paz's Diaries and either listen to all 10, or just quickly scroll through the dialogue spamming the
button. Once you've finished with the last one, the trophy will unlock.
Read Huey's love letter.
At some point, you'll pick up an item called "Letter". Go into your R&D, and it'll be in the "Other" section. Use the Model Viewer to "read" the letter from Huey to Dr. Strangelove and the trophy unlocks.
Read all of Strangelove's memoirs.
Strangelove decided to hide 3 tapes (her memoirs) inside the Crysalis, Cocoon and Pupa. In order for you to get them, you'll need to get inside their pods, and search for them between mainframe sides. When you are going from one side to another while selecting mainframe boards, a button prompt will appear, so you'll just need to press
in time (or just spam it as you move between racks), and Big Boss will take the tape out of the mainframe. The tapes you receive are random, so fighting one AI as opposed to another may not necessarily net you a different tape. In fact, you could get all three tapes from the same AI. During the battle, try to damage as much of the exterior as possible so you'll have more tapes from different racks to choose from as it'll increase your chances of getting more mainframe boards and a better shot at the tapes.
After you've acquired the memoirs, go to any mission and go to the Briefing Files. From there, go over to the second tab and go down to Data Files. Go to Strangelove's Memories, named 1) A Chance Meeting; 2) Joy; and 3) Separation. Either play them and listen to them all in their entirety, or just quickly scroll through the dialogue with the
button. After you've heard/scrolled through all three, the trophy will unlock.
Cleared all hunting quests.
For this trophy, you have to clear:
EXTRA OPS  <<Hunting Quest: Rathalos>>
EXTRA OPS  <<Hunting Quest: Rathalos / Twilight>>
EXTRA OPS  <<Hunting Quest: Tigrex>>
EXTRA OPS  <<Hunting Quest: Tigrex / Twilight>>
EXTRA OPS  <<Hunting Quest: Gear REX>>
EXTRA OPS  <<Hunting Quest: Gear REX / Twilight>>
EXTRA OPS  Gear REX: Showdown at Crater Base
EXTRA OPS  Gear REX Strikes Back
In order to do the Monster Hunter missions, you'll have to first unlock them. Listen to all of Chico's audio briefings. After that, go do EXTRA OPS 
, but DO NOT
go to the fulton extraction point. Instead, head to the Playa del Alba. You'll hear Kaz over the Codec saying there's a "weird looking animal" by the dock. Head over there and observe a cutscene. After that, EXTRA OPS 
will become available. In order to get the special gear needed for Costume Collector
, be sure to try to use non-lethal methods to take out the enemies.
- The first six missions will consist of the main monster and it's minions, which can be a nuisance. You'll often times have to tranquilize the minions so you can take on the main monster. The last two missions only involve the main monster, but obviously it's a much harder monster than the previous ones.
- Perform non-lethal takedowns for the "S" rank. This includes not killing any of the minions.
- Speed is key. If you find you're getting hit too often--like if you're too heavy because you're using the Battle Suit--perhaps try changing your suit to something that enables more mobility. You'll take more damage, but that may not be an issue if you can get avoid getting hit.
- Often, continually strafing to the left (or right) and circling is a good strategy.
- The Mk. 22 may be a better than the Mosin Nagant. While it doesn't deal as much 'damage', you can shoot it while moving easier than you can with the sniper. It's completely up to you what you feel comfortable with.
- Typically, you'll want to keep your distance as much as possible. The monsters can often come towards you relatively quickly, leaving little room to evade. The farther away you are, the better chances you'll have of evading their attacks.
- Furthermore, they also have projectile attacks that will most certainly hit you if you're in close vicinity.
- Standing on the platform where the barbecue pit is will keep you safe from the minions, but you may still be hit by the monster(s).
- If you have them, decoys tend to work relatively well for these fights, especially during co-op.
- Stun grenades can be used to stun the monsters for a brief period of time. They stand in place, allowing you to get in a few good shots. Just rinse and repeat and the fight should be fairly easy. Again, this is particularly effective during co-op.
- Sleep grenades can also be used to "tranq" the monsters as opposed to the Mk. 22 or the M. Nagant.
- Rathalos (121 and 122)
- Has a projectile attack whereby it sends large boulders hurdling your way. If you're far enough, you will not get hit.
- It may come swooping down on you as it lands. It's relatively easy to dodge, though, since you can see it coming.
- Will rush you head on, so keep your distance while it's on the ground.
- Best time to request supplies via supply marker is probably while it's in flight.
- Tigrex (123 and 124)
- Is much faster than Rathalos.
- It's tail can still hit you even if you manage to evade its rush attack.
- Also has a projective attack whereby it sends large boulders hurdling yiour way.
- Has a jumping pounce attack, so even if it's on the other side of the map, it can still reach you relatively quickly.
- Gear Rex (125-128)
- Has an attack whereby it shoots out spikes that get stuck in the ground. Try to avoid those spikes if possible because he will eventually emit a high-pitch frequency which will cause them to explode. If you're nearby, it'll stun you and will drain your psyche. You'll have to replenish your psyche by wiggling the left thumbstick until it's completely full. Until then, you're a sitting duck.
- It has an attack where it shoots some red stuff at you from its tail. If you're far enough, this is easily dodgeable.
- It has a rush attack that can be evaded if properly timed.
CQC Six Shots
Performed CQC six times in a row.
The easiest way to get this trophy is by playing Recruit
missions. You'll have to find one with at least
5 soldiers, and you'll now need to CQC them 6 times in a row, meaning you'll take one of them, throw them and immediately press
5 times to CQC them immediately. The 'hard' part about this trophy is being able to have enough soldiers around you so that you may pull it off, so it'll probably take some time to do correctly.
I'm dead serious
Threw a chaff grenade at ZEKE (single player only).
First, you'll need to unlock the final story mission, ZEKE Battle. You can unlock it by finishing Zadornov Search Mission 6, and afterwards, finding Zadornov in the second floor of the EXTRA OPS  Target Practice: No Limit. In order for Zadornov to be there, though, you have to have your Mother Base developed far enough. This means you'll have to have your Mission Support at least to Rank 2. You can check the Mother Base Database to see what your rank is. If you need to increase it, recruit better Intel troops. MAIN OPS 08 - Destroy the Barricade has a couple of high-ranking intel troops to recruit--they're the two snipers at the top of the map. You'll need either the fulton mine or the fulton Gustav to do so, though, since they aren't accessible from the ground.
Once you've unlocked the ZEKE Battle, simply start the battle with a Chaff Grenade equipped and throw it to ZEKE and the trophy should unlock. Be sure to have the radome installed to ZEKE.
NOTE: If it isn't clear, this will not work during the ZEKE Mock Battle in EXTRA OPS. Only in the ZEKE Battle that's in MAIN OPS.
Leap of Faith
Performed a Leap of Faith.
Go do the mission MAIN OPS 16 Travel to the Mine Base. This mission only has one area--the Miner's Residence. You'll approach the area from the Northeast. Take out the first soldier there, and if you look to your left, you'll see a haystack sitting next to a red building. That's where you'll do your leap of faith. However, in order to get up there, you'll have to use the ladder that's on the building opposite the building the soldier is standing on in the Southwest portion of the area, so you'll have to clear the area first. After you've climbed the building, from there, do a roll across the gap, to the red building by the hay. As you approach the edge of the roof you'll get a prompt for your action button. Press it, and watch snake fly to unlock the trophy. From there, you'll have the Assassin's Box in your inventory, which has a very useful feature.
You're pretty good
Shot enemy right in the middle of the rear end.
This trophy asks you to shoot an enemy "right in the middle of the rear end", in other words, their ass, so simply find an enemy soldier, sneak up behind him, aim and shoot him in his ass. If you have some problems doing so, you might use CQC on him and then hold him up (to do this aim your weapon at him while he's on the ground, which will make him put his gun down and cover his head with his arm), which will make it easier for you to aim and shoot him. This trophy may take you a few times because it's actually quite harder than what it sounds. You may end up getting it by accident quicker than if you try to force it. You'll know you've succeeded because the animation will show the enemy grabbing his ass.
I Feel... Safe
Wearing a cardboard box gives you that feeling of inner peace.
For this, you simply have to hide inside a cardboard box. The earliest in the game you can do this is in the second story mission MAIN OPS 02 Contact the Sandinista Comandante. Make sure to put the box in your loadout in the Mission Prep screen. Then, once in the mission simply open your inventory, choose the Love Box and equip it. Big Boss will then cover himself with his giant cardboard box and the trophy will unlock.
Attacked enemy soldiers by blowing up an oil drum or truck (single player only).
You can easily unlock this trophy during the mission MAIN OPS 03 Pursue Amanda. If you look near the boathouse, you'll notice a couple of red oil drums. You'll see a couple of enemies briefly pass by the oil drums right at the beginning. Shoot out the oil drums, or throw a grenade at it, and the explosion should kill both guards.
Another way (and probably easier if you have the mission unlocked) is to play EXTRA OPS  One Shot. The objective of the mission is to take out the entire group of soldiers by taking a single shot. There are a series of oil drums on the map. If you time it properly, you take your shot and all drums will explode, killing all the enemies.
Complete Metal Gear ZEKE.
In order to unlock the trophy, you'll need to acquire four main parts: a Walking Unit, a Power Unit, a pair of Leg Parts and Head Parts. You'll also need to acquire four optional parts: the Jet Pack from the Pupa, the Radome and Railgun from the Crysalis, and the Armor from the Cocoon.
To get the four main parts, you'll have to keep defeating the AI's until you've acquired enough scrap metal in order to construct each part type. You can get scrap metal from any of the AI, so you can keep fighting the same one if you want. To get the optional parts, you'll have to beat the respective AI without damaging that particular part too much. In these instances, it's best to just try to damage the AI Pod ONLY and leave the rest of the AI intact. This will ensure the highest likelihood of a drop. Keep in mind, drops aren't 100% guaranteed, so you will most likely have to replay the missions before you get a drop.
Once you have a complete Metal Gear ZEKE, Huey will let you know. You don't necessarily have to launch ZEKE in OUTER OPS in order for the trophy to unlock. You can go into the METAL GEAR menu from Mother Base and select a menu item like "Customize Zeke" and the trophy will unlock.
Customized ZEKE's head parts and foot parts with special AI weapon parts.
Unique head and foot parts for ZEKE can be acquired by fighting the "Custom
" variants of each AI in EXTRA OPS. You can fight any of the custom AI for head parts, but you'll need to fight Peace Walker for legs parts. Peace Walker Type II can also drop legs for ZEKE. Keep in mind that you need to defeat the AI without damaging the necessary part(s) too much so focus on the AI pod or some other part of the AI that you don't need
. You may want to use Armor Piercing machine guns or assault rifles since rocket launchers often times deal splash damage. You can check the damage by going into the pause menu during the battle.
- Pupa Custom - Head Only
- Chrysalis Custom - Head Only
- Cocoon Custom - Head Only
- Peace Walker Type II - Legs Only
- Peace Walker Custom - Head and Legs
OUTER OPS Sortie
Carried out a mission in OUTER OPS.
The OUTER OPS menu item will become available at Mother Base after completing the mission MAIN OPS 10 Pupa Battle. OUTER OPS consist of missions to which you send your recruits (within the Combat unit) and mechs to fight a variety of enemies so they can level up. Simply choose the first mission, which is Destroy the Infantry Unit 01. Afterwards, you'll be told to create a Team (you may choose whether to create it on Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, Delta, Echo, Foxtrot, Golf or Hotel—it doesn't really matter). Now, there are only two enemy soldiers on the opposing team, so choose any of your top recruits and they should make short work of them. You may also send a single mech (if you've captured any), so they blow them up faster. The mission won't end immediately. Play a quick MAIN OPS or EXTRA OPS mission and when it's over, you should get a message that your team has returned to Mother Base and you'll have the opportunity to see the results of the mission.
Cleared "Capture the Enemy Base 06" in OUTER OPS using only soldiers. Capture the Enemy Base 06
is an S++ ranked mission, so it is of the highest difficulty, and is the last of the OUTER OPS missions. The mission will pit you up against eight MBTK-70 tanks
. The fact that you can only use soldiers is obviously what makes this OUTER OPS mission difficult. So, the best way to perform this task is to make sure you have the best eight combat-ready soldiers possible.
- You'll want to make sure that you have high Heroism so that when you 'recruit' soldiers they are high-ranked. You don't necessarily need S-ranked soldiers; I did it with 8 A-ranked soldiers with HP of 9999 and Psyche of 9999.
- Routinely use your top combat soldiers for other missions (MAIN/EXTRA) in order to get them at maximum Health and Psyche. I've found that using them in missions directly gives you more of a reward than if you use Snake all the time. This isn't absolutely necessary, though, since playing through all the MAIN and EXTRA OPS should be more than enough to get many of your soldiers to max HP and Psyche.
- Try to upgrade as much of your gear as possible, allowing your soldiers to have the best weaponry available to them. Using the lethal weapons during the combat missions (e.g., AI battles) works well.
- Your best chance to beat this OUTER OP is to acquire the Kampfpistole. You get the design specs for the pistole as a random drop from OUTER OPS 37 - 48 so just keep replaying any of those missions until you get the specs. Once you have the design specs, develop the pistole to rank 5 and you should be good to go. Here's a list of all the OUTER OPS in numerical order (since the game doesn't assign numbers to them).
There is a bit of randomness to OUTER OPS, as you can imagine, so you may not get this trophy your first time around unless everything goes your way.
Carried out a trade.
This menu item will become available at Mother Base
after completing the mission MAIN OPS 07 Tank Battle: T-72U
. This one isn't as "easy" as Deliverer
because you actually have to have someone to trade with. If you need help with this trophy, be sure to post in the Official Boosting Thread
for trading partners. Simply complete a trade and the trophy should unlock.
: For obvious reasons, the game will not let you execute a trade if the personnel you are trading are too far apart in rank (e.g., one person wants to trade an "C" ranked team member for an "E" ranked team member).
Sent an item using Delivery.
This menu item will become available at Mother Base after completing the mission MAIN OPS 05 Rescue Chico. It allows you to send and receive items from other players. Simply watch the tutorial to see how to send/receive them, and send any item you wish to a random person. Afterwards, the trophy will be unlocked.
Obtained Rank S on a date with Paz.
You can go on a 'date' with Paz in EXTRA OPS 
In order to get an 'S' rank, you'll need to do a few things:
- Change your co-op commands in the mission prep to some of the following lines:
- Good to have you!
- It's not over yet!
- Kept you waiting, huh?
- You're pretty good.
- Don't die on me.
- I knew you had it in you!
- Box time!
- Get inside!
- Sorry...I just...
- I like it!
- Bring your walkman to play some romantic music.
- Bring a camera to take pictures of her. Take a shot, unequip the camera, and re-equip it to have her change poses.
When you use your co-op commands, wait for her reaction, in particular, look for the heart to appear. Once you've accumulated enough affection, equip your Love box and wait for the mission to end.
Obtained Rank S on a date with Kaz.
In EXTRA OPS 
, you go on a 'date' with Kaz, which for obvious reasons, seems creepy, but oh well ...
In order to get an 'S' rank, use the same method as with Paz, using co-op commands such as:
- It's not over yet!!
- You're pretty good.
- I'll pick up your bones when I'm done.
- Guess it's time to launch some fireworks ...
- I knew you had it in you!!
- I feel the power within me!
- Sweet dreams
- Box time!
- I like it!
- Get inside!
Kaz also likes it rough, so CQC'ing him will also gain his affection. You can also try playing romantic music or taking pictures with your camera. Gain enough affection and equip your Love box to complete the mission.
That looks tasty!
Nicely cooked a ration.
You'll get an opportunity to cook a ration during EXTRA OPS  Pooyan Mission
, which unlocks after completing Chapter 5. You'll be at the Isla del Monstruo. As soon as you have control of Big Boss, look to your right and you'll see the BBQ Pit. Equip your ration, press
in front of the spit and Big Boss will start cooking it. As soon as it's color changes to a golden brown, press
. Big Boss will remove the ration and you'll unlock the trophy, and have a well-done ration. If you cook it for too long, it'll burn and you won't unlock the trophy. If you remove it too soon, it'll be a rare ration, also resulting in no trophy.
If you can't quite cook the ration enough because time runs out due to too many balloons floating away, you can also try it with a coop partner who can shoot the balloons, giving you time to cook the ration. Otherwise, you can also attempt this in any of EXTRA OPS 
- EXTRA OPS 
as they take place on the same beachfront. If you're on the platform where the BBQ pit is, the small dinosaurs can't attack you, but the large monster still can, so try to be quick; If you're fighting the Rathalos, a good time to do it is when it takes to the air as he's up there for a few seconds before landing/swooping down. Having a coop partner or using a decoy as a distraction helps tremendously. Another method is to use stun grenades; when the monster gets stunned, it stays in place for a good bit of time, allowing you sufficient time to cook the ration.
VERSUS OPS All Rules
Played using all of the rules in VERSUS OPS.
This trophy can be easily unlocked with a partner. Go into VERSUS OPS and enable all available rules. You can make the matches short so it goes by quick. Play 1 match of each of the four VERSUS game modes, and the trophy unlocks.
Reached a total of 20,000 or more Camaraderie.
Camaraderie is awarded for playing with others online. Simply play with others by helping them with missions or playing 'versus' mode, until your camaraderie reaches 20,000 and the trophy unlocks. If you're looking for people to coop with, try the Official Boosting Thread
. You get more camaraderie if you consistently play with the same people, so keep that in mind. Also, the more people involved, the more camaraderie you get. Additionally, staying in the yellow coop circle increases the camaraderie you receive as well.
You can have a maximum
of 50 people on your COMRADES
list. You can access it from the Database menu. If you play with more than 50 people, it'll start bumping people off the list, reducing your camaraderie, so pay attention to your list, and delete people when necessary. If you happen to have someone bumped off the list, playing with them again will restore them, along with all your shared camaraderie.
Collected a soldier using a divine wind.
In order to acquire this trophy, you'll need to do a couple of things. You'll need a soldier that has the skill "Japanese Patriot" (acquire during EXTRA OPS  Perfect Stealth by fultoning the three POWs) in your R&D unit; that is a pre-requisite.
Once you have that, you have to fight the Rathalos (EXTRA OPS 121 and 122) and acquire the Rathalos Wing. To achieve the best possible chance of the wing being rewarded to you, play EXTRA OPS  <<Hunting Quest: Rathalos / Twilight>>, destroy the spikes on Rathalos' tail, both wings, and it's head. That'll give you the highest probability of the wing drop. It's probably best to do this after you've already S-ranked it so you don't need to be concerned witha non-lethal takedown. The drop is rare, so it'll probably take several tries, unless you're lucky. I got it to drop after the 199th time.
Once you have the wing and the skill, your R&D unit can develop a weapon called the Tanegashima Musket. Once you have the musket, you'll realize it doesn't pack a lot of power, however it does contain one secret. Occasionally, it'll cause a tornado to spawn, sending the soldier you've hit back to MSF headquarters for 'recruiting'.
If you're fortunate enough to have a buddy that already has the musket developed, you can start a coop mission and use it from their inventory. While both of you are synced up (e.g., in the yellow circle), go into your inventory and press either up or down on the d-pad to get to their inventory. Equip the musket, shoot enemies until one of them is swept away by the tornado, and the trophy should unlock.
Defeated Pupa, Chrysalis, Cocoon, Peace Walker. This trophy is story-related and can't be missed.
This trophy will be awarded after you've finished the following missions: Pupa Battle
, Crysalis Battle
, Cocoon Battle
, Peace Walker Battle
, and Peace Walker 2 Battle
For tips on the Pupa Battle
, see A Country Without An Army
For tips on the Chrysalis Battle
, see The Phantom Hero
For tips on the Cocoon Battle
and Peace Walker Battle
, see A Nation Reborn
For tips on the Peace Walker 2 Battle
, see An Illusion of Peace
Defeated all AI weapons.
In addition to the beating the AI weapons fought during the campaign required for Basilisk Eater
, to unlock this trophy you'll also have to beat their "Type II
" and "Custom
" variants in EXTRA OPS
. Furthermore, you'll have to defeat Metal Gear ZEKE
in EXTRA OPS 
. Essentially, in addition to the story mission AI's which aren't missable, you'll have to clear the following:
- EXTRA OPS  AI Weapon Battle: Pupa Type II
- EXTRA OPS  AI Weapon Battle: Pupa Custom
- EXTRA OPS  AI Weapon Battle: Chrysalis Type II
- EXTRA OPS  AI Weapon Battle: Chrysalis Custom
- EXTRA OPS  AI Weapon Battle: Cocoon Type II
- EXTRA OPS  AI Weapon Battle: Cocoon Custom
- EXTRA OPS  AI Weapon Battle: Peace Walker Type II
- EXTRA OPS  AI Weapon Battle: Peace Walker Custom
- EXTRA OPS  Metal Gear ZEKE - Mock Battle