The Three Trials
Complete Part One: The Three Trials.
This trophy will unlock once you complete Chapter 1.
Complete Part Two: The Journey.
This trophy will unlock once you complete Chapter 2.
Under Monkey Island
Complete Part Three: Under Monkey Island.
This trophy will unlock once you complete Chapter 3.
Guybrush Kicks Butt
Complete Last Part: Guybrush Kicks Butt.
This trophy will unlock once you complete Chapter 4.
Learn all of the insults from the pirates.
This is, by far, the most time-consuming trophy. In order to learn an insult, you need to learn each insult and retort from the opposing pirate. There are 16 total different insults, and the pirates tend to like repeating themselves. A lot. They are as follows:
1. Have you stopped wearing diapers yet?
-- Why, did you want to borrow one?
2. I got this scar on my face during a mighty struggle!
-- I hope now you learned to stop picking your nose.
3. I once owned a dog that was smarter than you.
-- He must have taught you everything you know.
4. I'm not going to take your insolence sitting down!
-- Your hemorrhoids are flaring up again, eh?
5. I've heard you were a contemptible sneak.
-- Too bad no one's ever heard of YOU at all.
6. I've spoken with apes more polite than you.
-- I'm glad to hear you attended your family reunion.
7. My handkerchief will wipe up your blood!
-- So you got that job as janitor, after all.
8. Nobody's ever drawn blood from me and nobody ever will!
-- You run THAT fast?
9. People fall at my feet when they see me coming.
-- Even BEFORE they smell your breath?
10. Soon you'll be wearing my sword like a shish kebab!
-- First, you better stop wavign it around like a feather duster!
11. There are no words for how disgusting you are.
-- Yes there are. You just never learned them.
12. This is the END for you, you gutter-crawling cur!
-- And I've got a little TIP for you. Get the POINT?
13. You fight like a dairy farmer.
-- How appropriate! You fight like a cow!
14. You have the manners of a beggar.
-- I wanted to make sure you'd feel comfortable with me.
15. You make me want to puke.
-- You make me think somebody already did.
16. You're no match for my brains, you poor fool.
-- I'd be in real trouble if you ever used them.
Collect all of the notes and memos on Monkey Island.
There are 9 total notes to collect on the island, sent between LeChuck, Toothrot, and the cannibals.
1) When you first start, on the beach attached to the tree. It can only be read, not picked up.
2) Left side of the map, on the beach below the volcano.
3) Right side of the map, at the 'river fork', under a rock.
4) Just after #3, at the top of the footholds.
5) Same spot as #4, after you fire a rock it'll be there.
6) Go to the pond at the end of the river.
7) On the beach by the monkey head.
8) On the beach near the cannibal village.
9) You'll find it once you're captured by the cannibals.
Use one save slot to play both endings.
Okay, this trophy is a pain in the arse. First, play the game up to the point where you first get to Monkey Island and reach the abstract art (up the footholds at the River Fork). NOW SAVE. The key to this trophy is to now complete the entire game without saving again. At this point, sink the Sea Monkey and you'll end the game with Toothrot. After you complete the game and the credits roll, reload the game from the save file. Second playthrough, don't sink the Sea Monkey and you'll end with Carla, Otis, and Meathook. When the credits roll the second time, the trophy will unlock.
Finish the entire game in under 3 hours.
There are game guides out there for achieving just this trophy, but the simplest tip is to skip the cutscenes. Also, go for this right after completing the game once, and everything will still be fresh in your mind (less backtracking this way).
Don't use any hints to finish the game.
Like "Human Cannonball", go for this on your 2nd playthrough when the game is still fresh and it won't be a challenge at all.[/SIZE]
Switch to Classic Mode at least once.
You can achieve this trophy within the first 10 seconds or so. Just press
and voila! Now take a well-deserved break; you've earned it.
Ten Minutes Later...
Have Guybrush drown.
During the Three Trials, when you go to steal the idol, as soon as the scene with Elaine is done and you regain control, immediately save your game. When you open the front door, Fester Shinetop will grab you and throw you in the water. At this point, you must ... do ... nothing.! Ten minutes later the trophy unlocks. Now reload and continue as normal.
Escape from the Monkey Island Cannibals' hut 5 times.
Escape the Cannibal hut through the loose floorboards, exit the village, and reenter. Fifth times a charm. Pay attention to the hut door. Each time you escape, they amp up the security.
Thanks go to the Pirate King for clarification on note locations.
Any questions, post or PM me.
Good luck, and most of all, ENJOY!