Welcome to Fabletown
Completed Chapter 1 of Episode 1. Story-related and cannot be missed
Once you have completed Chapter 1 - Disturbance, this trophy will unlock.
This chapter contains six Book of Fables entries, none of which are missable.
Sometime after Midnight...
Tenement Building, Interior, Lobby.
- Bigby enters the run-down apartment complex, and addresses Mr. Toad. Book of Fables Entries Bigby Wolf and Fabletown are already unlocked.
- Toad gives you an excuse as to why he's not Glamoured. Choose a response, or remain silent. Book of Fables Entry Glamours will unlock.
- Toad will beg you not to send him back to The Farm. Book of Fables Entry The Farm will unlock.
- Toad will complain about the price of Glamours increasing, while the quality goes down. Toad will remember your response.
- A Television is thrown out of one of the windows on the next floor. Toad implores you to take action. You can choose to keep talking, or head upstairs. If you keep talking, Toad will tell you that the commotion is being caused by the Woodsman. If you again choose to talk, you'll hear another voice from the room upstairs, and then head up to investigate.
- Book of Fables Entry Toad will unlock.
Tenement Building, Interior, Second Floor.
- You will now have control of Bigby. Inside one of the rooms you will hear the Woodsman drunkenly yelling.
- On the floor is a Matchbook. Pick it up.
- Walk over to the door, and choose to either Knock, or Kick It Down.
- Once inside, you'll see the Woodsman beating on a young Woman. Bigby restrains him. The woman taunts the Woodsman.
- As the Woodsman tries to shake Bigby off, you can try to find out what's going on, or just remain silent.
- Before you can say anything, the Woodsman head-butts Bigby and breaks free. He asks Bigby what he's going to do about it. Choose a dialogue option, or threaten him. The Woodsman, he will remember your response.
- The Woodsman and Bigby will now fight. Simply follow the on-screen prompts to progress. During certain phases you will presented with different options, i.e. what object in the room to throw the Woodsman into, so keep an eye out for that. There are a number of items that you can throw him into, located on both sides of the room. Here's what I did:
- Throw him into the Sink, and he'll grab a razor blade and slash at you. Follow the directional prompts to dodge his attacks;
- Throw him into the Bookshelf, and he'll grab a lamp pole and swing it at you, dodge it, then hit him behind the knee;
- Throw him into the Couch. He will fall over it, then kick it back at you. When he picks you up, grab his face, then punch him in the throat;
- Throw him onto the Bed Frame. Knee him in the gut, then punch him the face repeatedly.
- The Woodsman will now go for his Axe. Dodge it, then mash the button on screen to wrestle the Axe from the Woodsman's grip. Beat him with it. He goes down, for now...
- Bigby advises that the Woman leaves, but she refuses to. The Woodsman starts mouthing off. Deal with him.
- When Bigby turns back to the Woman, you can ask her some more questions, or advise her to leave again.
- During the conversation, the Woodsman fills you in on the history between himself and Bigby. As he starts to get up, you can choose a dialogue option, or to Throw Him Out.
- Bigby and the Woodsman take a little tumble...
Tenement Building, Exterior, Street Curb.
- ...Out of the Second Story window and onto the parked car below!
- Oh... it's Toad's car. Make a comment.
- No time to recover - the Woodsman grabs Bigby by the legs and drags him off the car. Fables are resilient bastards.
- Throwing him against a bus shelter ad, the Woodsman begins to strangle Bigby. Try to fight back.
- Your efforts are fruitless. As Bigby begins to pass out, you catch a glimpse of his true self.
- Luckily for Bigby, he's soon saved. Unluckily for the Woodsman, he takes an Axe to the back of the head. As he goes down, you see that it was the Woman who saved you. Book of Fables Entry The Woodsman will unlock.
- Still alive, the Woodsman tries to crawl away, then collapses. The Woman attempts to retrieve her payment. Choose a dialogue option.
- Unable to keep his mouth shut, the Woodsman continues to call the Woman a "bitch." When she starts to push the Axe further into his head, you need to choose to either Let Her, or to Stop Her.
- While the Woman walks off to have a smoke, Bigby retrieves the Axe from the Woodsman's head, then returns to the Woman.
- She's unable to light her cigarette. Choose to Light It For Her, or give her the Matchbook.
- While you try to question her, she avoids answering. She asks if you like her Ribbon. Respond. If you tell her It's Beautiful, she'll remember your response.
- Bigby and the Woman keep chatting. Eventually, Bigby will notice that the Woodsman has gone. As Bigby goes to find the Woodsman, the Woman stops him. She says to let him be. Respond.
- Bigby will ask how much the Woodsman owed the Woman. She'll say she's fine, but you can now choose to Give Her Some Money, or tell her you that you Wish You Could Help.
- The Woman agrees to meet Bigby later to give a statement, then remarks on how he looks. Respond.
- The Woman makes a memorable exit, and walks off into the night. Bigby lights up a smoke.
- The Intro credits roll.
Wolf in Sheriff's Clothing
Completed Chapter 2 of Episode 1. Story-related and cannot be missed
Once you have completed Chapter 2 - The Woodlands, this trophy will unlock.
This chapter contains five Book of Fables entries, one of which is missable.
The Woodland Luxury Apartments
Woodland Luxury Apartments, Exterior (Bullfinch Street).
- Walk to the right of the screen, towards the Gate. Enter.
Woodland Luxury Apartments, Exterior (Courtyard).
- As you walk down the path, you hear someone hiding in the bushes. Call out to them.
- It's Beauty. Talk to her.
- She asks you not to tell Beast that you saw her. You have three options: Promise Not To Tell, Don't Get Involved, or Refuse to help. If you promise not to tell, Beauty will Appreciate Your Help. FINISH THIS Book of Fable Entry Beauty will unlock.
- After Beauty departs, Bigby heads inside.
Woodland Luxury Apartments, Interior (Lobby).
- Look around the Lobby if you'd like. When you're ready, head over to the Elevator and Push the Elevator Button.
- As you step inside, Beast comes down the stairs, and catches up with you just before the doors shut. He asks if you've seen Beauty. You can choose to tell him you Did See Her, You Haven't Seen Her, or that you're Staying Out Of It.
- If you tell him you Did See Her
- If you tell him You Haven't Seen Her, the game will remember that you lied to Beast.
- Following your answer, Beast will leave in search of Beauty. The elevator doors close, and Bigby continues on his way. Book of Fable Entry Beast will unlock.
Woodland Luxury Apartments, Interior (Bigby's Apartment).
- Bigby steps off the elevator, and unlocks the door to his apartment. He sets down his keys, and takes his phone off the hook.
- After he finishes cleaning himself up in the Kitchen, you're free to explore his apartment.
- Leave the Kitchen and walk over to the small desk. Use the Bluebeard File. Book of Fables Entry Bluebeard will unlock.
- Move away from the desk (towards the camera) to find a pig asleep in your chair! That is Colin. Poke him.
- Talk to him about your chair.
- After Bigby gives him a cigarette, Colin begs Bigby not to send him back to The Farm. Respond. Colin will remember your response.
- Reminisce about the old days, and talk about how the other Fables see Bigby. Colin will ask Bigby who he got into a fight with. Answer him. Colin will remember your response.
- Keep talking to Colin. Eventually he will mention Snow. Book of Fables Entries Snow White and Colin will unlock.
- Colin will again ask you for a drink. Choose to Offer Colin a Drink or Take a Drink yourself. The game will remember your decision.
- Bigby falls asleep in his chair...
- But is soon woken by someone earnestly knocking on his door. Walk over and Open the Door. It's Snow.
- She tells you to go with her.
Woodland Luxury Apartments, Interior (Outside Bigby's Apartment).
- As the two walk down the hallway, Bigby notices that Snow seems to be in a rush. Speak to her.
- After some more talking, the two take the elevator down to the Lobby.
The Long Goodbye
Completed Chapter 3 of Episode 1. Story-related and cannot be missed
Once you have completed Chapter 3 - Mirror Mirror, this trophy will unlock.
This chapter contains only one Book of Fables entry. It is not missable.
Woodland Luxury Apartments, Interior (Lobby)
- Standing in the Lobby, Bigby and Snow talk a little more. Bigby notices there's something on the stairs of the building.
Woodland Luxury Apartments, Exterior (Courtyard).
- Grab the Security Jacket. Underneath is the head of the Woman from Chapter 1.
- Snow asks if Bigby knew her, and checks that she wasn't a 'Mundy'. Book of Fables Entry Mundies will unlock.
- Tell Snow who you think the girl is.
- Ask Snow a question.
- Examine the Head, the Neck, and finally the Mouth. Remove the Item from the Mouth.
- Snow will ask Bigby what he wants to do next. You can choose in Investigate More or Leave. Choose the former.
- Taking control of Bigby, walk to the right (there's nothing to the left). Examine and Touch the Blood Trail on the ground.
- Examine and Pick Up the Scrap of Fabric on the ground.
- Examine the Trash Can.
- Look At the and Touch the Fence Post.
- When you've finished, return to Snow and talk to her. Compare the Fabric.
- Talk to Snow about the crime. Answer her questions by drawing conclusions from the evidence you found. I chose to say Someone Brought Her Here... When Snow asks how you know, tell her about the Blood on the Fence. Snow will agree with you.
- Snow will say that she needs to tell 'Crane'. Snow will respond to what you tell her, so choose carefully.
- Snow leaves, and Bigby covers up the head.
The Frog or the Prince?
Completed Chapter 4 of Episode 1. Story-related and cannot be missed
Once you have completed Chapter 4 - Choices, this trophy will unlock.
This chapter contains three, possibly four, Book of Fables entries: three unmissable, and one if you missed it in Chapter 2.
Woodland Luxury Apartments, Interior (Hallway).
- As Bigby walks to the Business Office, one of the Fables waiting outside takes issue with Bigby cutting the line. Respond to him. The Fable will remember your response.
Fabletown Business Office.
- Bigby walks in on Snow arguing with Crane. Interject or Stay Out Of It. Crane will remember what you say.
- Crane will ask Bigby if he has any leads or evidence. Whoever you name will become your Suspect (for now, anyway).
- Note: if you missed the Bluebeard File back in Bigby's Apartment, naming Bluebeard as your suspect will unlock Book of Fables Entry Bluebeard. This is your last chance to find it.
- Eventually, Crane will leave. Choose a response. Before Bigby gets to have his say, though, Snow stops him. Book of Fables Entry Ichabod Crane will unlock.
- Once Crane has left, talk to Snow. Soon after, a flying monkey will come out of hiding. That is Bufkin. He's carrying the bottle of Wine from Crane's desk.
- Bufkin asks how Bigby is doing. Bufkin will remember what you say.
- Snow asks Bufkin to fetch her a book. Book of Fables Entry Bufkin will unlock.
- While Bufkin is off looking for the book, and Snow is on the phone, look around the office.
- Walk over to Crane's Desk (where Snow is), and Touch the Tarot Deck three times.
- Talk To the Magic Mirror. Ask him about the Woodsman, Snow, and Bufkin. Ask about the Woman whose name you don't know. Exit.
- Bufkin returns with the book, and Snow finishes on the phone. Walk over to the table where they both are.
- Examine the Book of Symbols. Peruse the book if you'd like. You're looking for the symbol found on the Ribbon that was in the Woman's mouth. The symbol you seek is one page over to the right, on the left-hand page.
- When you find the correct symbol, the Woman will be identified as Faith. After you hear her story, the Book of Fables Entry Faith will unlock.
- Bigby decides that they need to visit the husband, Prince Lawrence. Snow will ask why. Answer her.
- Examine the Book of Fables to learn a little more about some of the characters.
- Armed with Faith's name, return to the mirror and ask him about Faith's Father, Faith, and lastly Prince Lawrence. Exit.
- As Snow and Bigby are about to leave, the phone rings - it's for Bigby. Toad is calling, and in the background you can hear something is not right. Talk to him.
- When you're ready to leave, Use the Door.
Woodland Luxury Apartments, Exterior (Courtyard).
- Outside, Bigby and Snow discuss the case, and what they plan to do next. You must now decide whether to go and check on Prince Lawrence (Lawrence's Apartment), or to see if Toad is alright, and possibly catch the intruder (Toad's Apartment).
In this walkthrough, I advise going to Lawrence's Apartment
first because you have a chance to save Lawrence (I say a chance because the game doesn't make his fate clear - hopefully we'll learn more in the next episode, and I'll update this).
Panic in the Parlours
Completed Chapter 5 of Episode 1. Story-related and cannot be missed
Once you have completed Chapter 5 - Consequences, this trophy will unlock.
This chapter contains two Book of Fables entries, none of which are missable.
Given the gravity of the decision at the end of the last chapter, I will outline the major differences between the two:
- If you go to Lawrence's Apartment first:
- It will be locked. You will need to get in through the window.
- Most importantly, Lawrence will be alive (though not in good shape). The game is unclear as to whether or not he survives, but there is definitely a chance that he does.
- When they hear someone trying to break in, Bigby and Snow will hide in the closet to surprise the intruder.
- If you wait too long, Lawrence will shoot himself. Bigby will then chase after the unknown intruder.
- If you jump out in time, the unknown intruder will flee, initiating the chase.
- When Bigby and Snow make it to Toad's Apartment, Toad will criticise Bigby for arriving late.
- If you got to Toad's Apartment first:
- There are a few minor differences, such as TJ not being sent away by Toad.
- When Bigby and Snow get to Lawrence's Apartment, the door is already busted open.
- Lawrence is too far gone, and they don't get any answers out of him. Lawrence dies in Snow's arms.
- When you investigate the Closet, someone will barge out, initiating the chase.
Lawrence's Apartment, Exterior (Street-side).
- Have a brief conversation with Snow.
- Walk over and Use the Door. Knock. Knock again. Try to Open the Door.
- Having been unsuccessful in your efforts, walk back to the corner, then Look At the Window. Look At it again. Open it.
- Bigby and Snow climb inside. Book of Fables Entry Prince Lawrence will unlock.
Lawrence's Apartment, Interior.
- Now it's time to look around the room for clues.
- Let's start with Lawrence. Examine him.
- Examine the Bullet Wound, his Face, and the Pills. Look At, then Touch, his Wrist.
- On the floor are a Gun and a Shell Casing. Look At the Shell Casing, Examine the Gun, then Pick Up the Gun.
- Back Out.
- Next, the Bullet Hole in the wall behind Lawrence. Look at it, and choose to Use Gun With it. When that's finished, Use the Bullet Hole. Back Out
- Look at the Knife on the floor.
- You can skip over the Picture. Look At the Blood on the floor.
- Pull the Panel.
- Pick Up the Note on the bed.
- Snow will then find that Lawrence is actually alive! Talk to him.
- Eventually Lawrence will start talking about Faith. You need to choose how to respond to him. You can tell him the Truth, a Half-Truth, or Lie.
- If you choose Half-Truth, Lawrence will realise what has happened on his own.
- If you Lie, you're a bad person. Also, Lawrence will realise you're lying, and turn the conversation back to Faith.
- Someone knocks at the door. Lawrence isn't expecting anyone. Snow and Bigby form a plan to catch the Intruder. They give Lawrence the Gun, then hide in the closet.
- The Intruder will enter the premises. You need to choose an opportune moment to jump out and surprise him. If you wait too long, Lawrence will shoot himself.
- Once you jump out and surprise the Intruder, a chase will ensue. Follow the prompts on the screen to avoid the hazards and navigate obstacles.
- As Bigby chases the Intruder, he will reach a fork in the road, so to speak. There are 2 doors to choose from. The room number on the Left Door is swinging, indicating that it was opened very recently, so that's the door you want to pick. You stayed on his trail. The Chase continues...
- Bigby leaps out of the window and lands in the dumpster on the street, right on top of the Intruder!
- Question the Intruder.
- Eventually he reveals himself to be Dee, just as his brother, Dum, turns up and sucker-punches Bigby! Book of Fables Entry The Tweedles will unlock.
- Snow finds Bigby lying on the ground, nursing a head wound. Talk to her. Snow will call a cab and the two of them will head off to Toad's.
The Woodsman's Apartment
Tenement Building, Interior (Lobby).
- Inside the Lobby of the Tenement Building, Bigby and Snow will hear someone crying, and Toad comforting them, assuring them that the person who caused the disturbance has left.
- Walk over to the door. Snow thinks that it's Toad's son crying. She asks Bigby to take it easy.
- Talk To whoever is on the other side of the door.
Tenement Building, Interior (Toad's Apartment).
- Once inside, you see Toad ushering Toad Jr. (TJ) into a back room. He starts to nervously talk to Bigby and Snow, making up all sorts of excuses. Clearly something isn't right...
- Talk to Toad.
- Snow asks about TJ, then Toad tries to get the two of them to leave. Reply to Toad.
- In this section you need to examine the evidence around the room, and attempt to catch Toad in a series of lies.
- Once Snow leaves to check on TJ, you can begin your investigation.
- First, Examine the Busted Latch on the Door behind Bigby. You Discovered Something.
- Examine the Smashed Lamp on the floor. (Notice that both electrical outlets are currently occupied, meaning that the Lamp was not plugged in there)
- Walk to the left and down the stairs into the sitting room.
- Examine the Stain on the wall to Bigby's right. It's Blood. Toad will tell you he cut his hand.
- Pick Up the Fireplace Poker on the floor. It has Blood on it. Toad will tell you he cut his foot.
- After Toad says "Out with it!", choose to say "I Thought You Cut Your Hand..." You Caught Toad in a Lie (1/3).
- Toad will ask why you don't believe him. Respond.
- On the far left-hand side of the sitting room, Look At the Window. There are Scratch Marks. Open the Window. Examine the Marks.
- Toad will say he forgot his keys, and that he had to climb in through the Window.
- When you are given a dialogue option, choose "You Wouldn't Need Keys." You Caught Toad in a Lie (2/3). (The lock on the Door is busted, meaning Toad wouldn't have needed to climb in through the window to get inside).
- Walk back towards Toad. Facing the stairs, there's a small table on the right next to a chair. Examine the Dust Ring. Clearly the Broken Lamp on the floor used to sit on that table, hence the Dust Ring (there's even a spare electrical outlet).
- When you're given a dialogue option, choose "The Broken Lamp was here."
- Toad will ask why the Lamp had to be there. Choose "The Power Outlet." You Caught Toad in a Lie (3/3).
- After a bit of a rant, Toad will ask "When are you going to leave?!" Choose "When You Tell Me the Truth."
- You can now call Toad out on his lies, or Threaten him. Since you caught all three lies, you can choose the first option.
- Note: if you Threaten Toad, he will remember your actions, and you will frighten TJ.
- Snow and TJ come out of the back room. When Toad goes to hug his son, you will see the fourth and final clue: a wound on Toad's head.
- Removing his hat, Toad will finally start telling the truth. One of the Tweedles ransacked the place, looking for something the Woodsman supposedly had.
- Toad will start berating Bigby for being late. Ask what he was looking for.
- Toad will mention that he tried to give the attacker "the Coat." TJ will fetch it.
- Pick Up the Mysterious Object on the Coat. It's a letter. Snow will ask what Bigby wants to do with it. Choose what to do.
- The contents of the letter do not offer any evidence or further insight, so what you choose to do with it is up to you. The game remembers what you choose to do.
- As Bigby and Snow are about to leave, Toad tells them that if they're looking for the Woodsman to try The Trip-Trap.
Tenement Building, Exterior (Building Steps).
- Bigby and Snow decide to follow Toad's advice as it's they're only lead, and set off to find the Woodsman at the Trip-Trap.
A Light Snowfall
Completed Episode 1: "Faith" Story-related and cannot be missed
Once you have completed Chapter 6 - Trip Trap (the final chapter), this trophy will unlock.
This chapter contains four Book of Fables entries, though you will only be able to get three on your first playthrough. Repeat this chapter and make a different decision to unlock the final entry.
- As Bigby and Snow ride in the Cab, they discuss the case. Snow will ask Bigby who he thinks is responsible for the two murders. Name a suspect.
- The two sit in awkward silence. Say something to break the tension. Now it's even more awkward.
- Snow starts to lament the plight of the Fables that live outside The Woodlands. Try to reassure her.
- After a lengthy conversation, the cab will arrive at The Trip Trap.
- Before he leaves, Snow will beg Bigby to be safe. Respond.
The Trip Trap Bar
Trip Trap, Interior.
- Straightening his tie, Bigby enters the bar.
- The Bartender asks what Bigby wants. Tell her.
- She fumbles about, trying to lie. She keeps looking over at the man to her right, who appears to signal her with a shake of his head. Talk to her.
- Look around the Bar. You're searching for signs that the Woodsman is there.
- Start with the Matchbook. Examine it.
- Examine the Half Empty Glass next to the Matchbook. Ask why she didn't dump it.
- Sit down on the Bar Stool and Talk to Gren.
- Keep talking, and keep pressing for information. Eventually the Woodsman will walk out of the bathroom.
- Chat to the Woodsman.
- As Bigby makes his way over to talk to the Woodsman, Gren stops him. Talk to Gren.
- Start to question the Woodsman. Ask him Why He Did It. Follow up with another question, and ask What Is He Talking About.
- Ask if he killed Faith. The Woodsman seems genuinely surprised by your question, and is adamant that he didn't do it.
- Gren starts trash-talking Bigby. Respond. Eventually you'll run out of options, and you'll be left with only one choice: Hit Him.
- Gren un-Glamours, revealing his true form! You now have to fight Gren.
- Simply follow the on-screen prompts to dodge Gren's attacks, and to land your own.
- As Bigby gets the s**t beaten out of him, he starts to show his true self.
- Partly transformed, Bigby starts thrashing Gren.
- Eventually, the Woodsman will say that "He's had enough!" You must now choose to either Tear Off His Arm or to Walk Away.
- If you choose to Tear Off His Arm, the Book of Fables Entry Bigby's Vengeance will unlock, and the Woodsman and Bartender will remember what you did.
- If you choose to Walk Away, the Book of Fables Entry Bigby's Mercy will unlock.
- Bigby walks to the Bar and demands a Whiskey. Drinking helps him revert to his more human self. Book of Fables Entries Holly and Grendel will unlock.
- You will now have dialogue options, or if you chose not to give Faith the money back in Chapter 1, you can pay for your drink.
- The Woodsman will become anxious, and it looks like he might try to run. Talk to him.
- While they're talking, Tweedledee walks into the Bar.
- Both Tweedledee and the Woodsman make a break for it in opposite directions. You must now choose which one of the to pursue. In this walkthrough, I recommend chasing after Tweedledee.
- Regardless of who you chose, Bigby will be walking down the street with his captured suspect.
- There are police all over The Woodlands, and the area is cordoned off! Bigby cuffs his suspect to a lamp-post and goes to investigate.
- Walking past the Mundy police officers, Bigby makes his way to the steps of The Woodlands building, and discovers a nasty surprise...
Unlocked all Book of Fables entries in Episode 1.
There are a total of Twenty One
Book of Fables entries in Episode 1, and they are unlocked after meeting new characters, talking about certain places or concepts, or after making important decisions.
To view an unlocked entry, press
in-game and select Book of Fables, or from the Main Menu select Extras and then Book of Fables.
In Episode 1, three entries are missable: Bigby's Mercy OR Bigby's Vengeance
(you will unlock only one of these on your first playthrough, and the one you get will be determined by your choices), and Bluebeard
(which can be found in either Chapter 2 or 3, and is missable in both).
To unlock a missed entry, select Play
from the Main Menu, then navigate to the chapter that contains the missing entry and select Rewind
. Make sure to save to a new slot so that you don't mess up your main save.
The following is a list of all twenty one entries, and how to unlock them:
Chapter 2/4. |
Bluebeard - Can be unlocked in Chapter 2 - on Bigby's desk in his Apartment is Bluebeard's File. Read the file to unlock this entry.
Can also be unlocked in Chapter 3 - when Crane asks Bigby if he has a suspect, name Bluebeard to unlock this entry.
Chapter 6. |
Bigby's Mercy - In Chapter 6, during Bigby's fight with Grendel, you will be presented with a choice: Tear off his Arm, or Walk Away. Choosing the latter will unlock this entry.
*affected by choice*
Chapter 6. |
Bigby's Vengeance - In Chapter 6, during Bigby's fight with Grendel, you will be presented with a choice: Tear off his Arm, or Walk Away. Choosing the former will unlock this entry.
*affected by choice*