View Poll Results: How difficult is it to earn the platinum trophy for this game?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 - Very Easy

0 0%
  • 2 - Easy

0 0%
  • 3 - Moderate

0 0%
  • 4 - Hard

1 20.00%
  • 5 - Very Hard

4 80.00%

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread within the Silent Hill 2 HD forum, part of the S; (banner image pending) This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread , but it also has a poll. Please ...

Retired TGT Member

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

(banner image pending)

This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread, but it also has a poll. Please do not vote in the poll until you have earned the platinum trophy for this game. That being said, we invite you to post below and discuss the difficult aspects of the game, even if you do not yet have the platinum trophy in your collection.

When you post, give more than just a number. Give reasons why you feel the game is easy or hard. What parts of the game are easy or hard? Were there collectibles? Were they a pain? Is there a required online component? How easy or hard is the online portion? What is the most frustrating part about the game?

Once you have obtained the platinum trophy, feel free to return to this thread and post your official vote. Say something to the effect of "I give this a 2 because there was only one tough spot and the collectibles were easy to find". At this point, you may also add your vote to the poll.

The poll is public, meaning everyone can see how you vote.

Obvious spamming will not be tolerated. Moderators will take action against obvious spammers as necessary*.

*NOTE: This Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread and others like it constitute an Official Site Feature here at PS3T.com. Misuse of this thread or this poll may count as an abuse of a site feature which is expressly forbidden in the site rules. Moderators will give punishments as necessary.

Retired TrophyGuide Ninja

5 - Very Hard. Getting a ten star ranking for the green hyper spray really is no joke. This plat is a 8.5/10 in my book.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Voted very hard because of the 10 star run. It is easy to lose alot of time thru a simple mistake. Nice platinum for anybody to add to their list that can handle the bugs on top of the 10 stars.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

HARD, but not impossible to platinum.... i'd say its super tough to get 10 star ranking especially if you only have 2 saves.
    Last edited by crimson_star21; 04-30-2012 at 10:49 PM.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Very Hard: 9/10 difficulty easily. 10 star run is no joke, you literally have to know the game off by heart. Even then, there is no fool-proof Eddie strategy. Luckily though, if you have been playing like a ninja the whole way and haven't been hit, you'll have some room for error.
    Also the boat stage is one of the most frustrating things I have ever done in a video game. My best time was 1 min 8 seconds.

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I rate Very Hard for this platinum.The hardest part is to get 10 star ranking which is a requirement to obtain Green Hyper Spray for "Who needs a gun?" trophy.

Trying to achieve 10 star ranking in SH 2 HD is a pain in the ass.You need to get all of these below for 10-star :
    1.HARD action mode
    2.HARD or EXTRA puzzle mode
    3.Obtained all endings before 10 star run playthrough (Leave,In Water,Maria,Rebirth,UFO,Baldwin) and try Dog Ending in this attempt.
    4.Collect more than 150 items with all 8 special items and weapons.
    5.Finished in less than 3 hours.
    6.Kill enemies by fighting at least 75.
    7.Kill enemies by shooting at least 75.
    8.Take damage less than 500 points.
    9.Finish boat stage less than 80 seconds.
    10.Save once or twice only.

Combination of 5,7,8,9 and 10 makes the run very frustrating.If you try to kill 75 enemies by shooting, you will sacrifice your completion time since killing enemies by shooting takes more time than killing by fighting.There are some parts which you can get instant game over or high damage such as Pyramid Head fight in apartment, Pyramid Head chasing in Hospital basement and Eddie fight.You can only save twice and wisely choose two save points before those parts.

In my case,I save before fighting Eddie and my second save before boat stage.I screw up badly during Abstract Daddy which i was grabbed 5 times in my 10 star attempt eventhough I practiced enough times to get beaten 1 or 2 times only during training.I already had big pressure in my head since this is the last frustrating part before having the first save.

Once I had first save, I felt less nervous.I try to fight Eddie by manipulating glitch.It takes several attempts before I succeeded in beating Eddie with no damage.For boat stage,I just kept trying and practising until I got under 80 seconds.Once I passed boat stage,the rest is pretty easy and I finished with 10 star ranking.Hooray!And then, I start new game to acquired Green Hyper Spray and obtained SH 2 trophies.

When I write this post, I just got this platinum 2 days ago.My hardest platinum trophy currently.