does getting the surprise ending void all other endings?

This is a discussion on does getting the surprise ending void all other endings? within the Silent Hill: Downpour forum, part of the S; I'm having a hell of a time with getting trophies for this game. I did the first play through on ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

does getting the surprise ending void all other endings?

I'm having a hell of a time with getting trophies for this game. I did the first play through on hard and couldn't get the silent hill tour guide trophy because of the infamous homeless glitch. The pole wasn't behind the building across the street or anywhere else. Then I didn't get ANY ending at all. No A,B,C nothing. Now I played it through on easy and did the useless trinkets and all its giving me is the surprise ending every which way 4 times in a row. I just wanted to know before I play it again if that's all I'm going to get for now on the surprise ending (which I actually thought was a very cool ending) glitches however are not cool. I should almost have the platinum by now with 1 more play through. Don't think that's going to happen now though

Lvl 8 - Gold

Yes. If you finish the sidequest 'Digging up the Past', you'll get Ending E no matter what you do.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

AND, ever since I put the code in the green locker for a stupid nail gun that all there is in all 3 lockers. Even if I start the game over. Even if I delete all saved data and everything I'm still stuck with that Damn nail gun. The code for the rifle didn't show up online unfilled days later. So I can't even play with a cool gun. Telling ya man, this silent hill is the most restricted, smallest, and not very filling, silent hill ever.

Lvl 5 - Silver

yup, just dont do Digging Up the Past for the other endings. I did all side quests on first run (except Digging Up the Past, which you dont need for the SH Historic gold) but my game didnt give me the trophy at first. The reason-even tho I did all side quests on XMB, i reloaded my entry into the bank (after completing the Bank Mystery), & exited bank so i could get the no-kill trophy, so even if my XMB list was checked off, my in-game journal didnt have the bank quest complete. I had to get that gold on playthru 3 or 4 i think.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I'm not saying its a bad game I enjoyed playing it very much and I hope they continue to make them. It's just that I don't understand why they make it the real kick ass game it could be. Maybe they're saving their best ideas for the next one? Still doesn't explain the restriction on weapons and why a handgun would break like a piece of wood..

Trophy Guide Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by GlitchedGame View Post
    I'm having a hell of a time with getting trophies for this game. I did the first play through on hard and couldn't get the silent hill tour guide trophy because of the infamous homeless glitch. The pole wasn't behind the building across the street or anywhere else. Then I didn't get ANY ending at all. No A,B,C nothing. Now I played it through on easy and did the useless trinkets and all its giving me is the surprise ending every which way 4 times in a row. I just wanted to know before I play it again if that's all I'm going to get for now on the surprise ending (which I actually thought was a very cool ending) glitches however are not cool. I should almost have the platinum by now with 1 more play through. Don't think that's going to happen now though
    Did you actually hit Cunningham on your first playthrough? or did she or the Prisoners kill you? Unless you hit her you wont get the opportunity to spare or kill her and will see a generic ending and get no ending trophy.

AND, ever since I put the code in the green locker for a stupid nail gun that all there is in all 3 lockers. Even if I start the game over. Even if I delete all saved data and everything I'm still stuck with that Damn nail gun. The code for the rifle didn't show up online unfilled days later. So I can't even play with a cool gun. Telling ya man, this silent hill is the most restricted, smallest, and not very filling, silent hill ever.
    The green locker was something included into the game with a one time use code that was supposed to be for people who preordered the game to purchase....be happy that someone posted the codes online to even use...it sucks you can't use the rifle, but TBH if you ahve already played through the game on Hard you dont really need it

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Yes because the game was on hard the prisoners kicked the crap out of me lol. Thanks for the info I was still wondering. Also, I deleted all saved data AND game utility data and I finally got the rifle! Trinkets and hard mode is already done so now I can play the game leisurely. Hey thanks everyone for replying. This is a great forum.

Trophy Guide Grand Master

Yes because the game was on hard the prisoners kicked the crap out of me lol. Thanks for the info I was still wondering. Also, I deleted all saved data AND game utility data and I finally got the rifle! Trinkets and hard mode is already done so now I can play the game leisurely. Hey thanks everyone for replying. This is a great forum.
    They did the same thing to me, and I thought it had glitched on me too...I had to reload it a few times to finally hit her as she is quite elusive...I found its best to just ignore them and go straight after her