A few questions,

This is a discussion on A few questions, within the Sims 3 Pets, The forum, part of the S; How do you.. Dance/Scare the reaper? & What objects teach pets traits? Thanks in advance for answers...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

A few questions,

How do you.. Dance/Scare the reaper? & What objects teach pets traits? Thanks in advance for answers

Lvl 9 - Gold

The Sims 3 Pets: Traits List and Training Guide

This could be just hearsay but according to The Mad Hatt3r1:

At first you have to kill one of your Sims. The easiest way is to let them die of hunger. Send a Sim to the garden, open build-mode and place a wall around your Sim. Make sure to delete all food and seeds from the inventory. Then simply wait ~24 in-game hours until your Sim dies. The Reaper (Mephisto) will appear then. Control a lively Sim and keep on clicking on the Reaper until you get the option to play chess with him. Traits such as evil, insane and daredevil might help. After finishing the game of chess click again on the Reaper and you'll have the option "Mean" > "Frighten" the Reaper

Lvl 8 - Gold

I got a question.

For the trophy "Have you seen this pet", i scared my cat(s) and now i am looking for them. I am sure its random and they can be anywhere on the map, but is there any info that can narrow down the search?

I assume they wouldnt be in houses
    I assume they wouldnt be balled up and asleep
    I assume that i can search for them while the game is paused

Any info to narrow down my search would be helpful. I checked each cluster of buildings twice, and will keep searching for now.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Ok so i just saw one of my cats running on the side walk. Do they only run, or do they slow down every now and then?
    Do they stay on the side walk? Or should i be searching in parks and buildings?

Nevermind, i got the trophy a really dumb way...

I clicked on a spot and choose "go here with..." then i picked to go there with a cat i was looking for (i had 2 cats, so i guess its easier with more cats). Anyway when i arrived, the cat and my sim got out of the car and just stood there. Then i caught it.

LOL this was so annoying, and i am even more angry it was so easy in the end.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by MAXTHUNDER View Post
    The Sims 3 Pets: Traits List and Training Guide

This could be just hearsay but according to The Mad Hatt3r1:

At first you have to kill one of your Sims. The easiest way is to let them die of hunger. Send a Sim to the garden, open build-mode and place a wall around your Sim. Make sure to delete all food and seeds from the inventory. Then simply wait ~24 in-game hours until your Sim dies. The Reaper (Mephisto) will appear then. Control a lively Sim and keep on clicking on the Reaper until you get the option to play chess with him. Traits such as evil, insane and daredevil might help. After finishing the game of chess click again on the Reaper and you'll have the option "Mean" > "Frighten" the Reaper
    An easier way to kill your sim, is to build a pool (needs to be large enough for the sim to swim into the middle without touching any walls) and have your sim swim to the center, then build a wall around the pool, once they are fatugued (takes like 2-3 mins if they have no athletic skill) they will start to drown, the reaper will come to claim them, and you'll be free to mess with him however you need.
    *IMPORTANT* make sure you have no deathflowers or seeds for deathflowers, anywhere but offsite storage, otherwise the reaper will be busy with bringing your sim back to life and will not be selectable to dance with (must have a radio playing nearby with a sim already dancing to be able to invite death to dance with you) or scare.

@crealkllr The lost pet's location is random, you must have gotten lucky and had the pet on the same zone as your sim, as you will not normally get the option to go somewhere with a lost pet. They enter a zone after your sims are in the zone, therefore cannot really be found while the game is paused as far as I know. The easiest way to locate them is through their hunting/digging actions, but always remember to report the pet lost via the cell phone, otherwise if an ingame week passes with no report and no pet, the pet will "die" out of your household (or may have found another family to adopt it)

Thank you to Kid420247 for this awesome sig!