Results 1 to 20 of 20

Leaderboard Ranking

This is a discussion on Leaderboard Ranking within the Site Help, Feedback & Bugs forum, part of the PS3Trophies.com Headquarters; I tried searching but can't find the reason why the site made a change. The leaderboards were and should be ...

  1. #1
    Lvl 1 - Bronze


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2
    Reputation
    0

    Leaderboard Ranking

    I tried searching but can't find the reason why the site made a change. The leaderboards were and should be based off of when the trophy was earned (based on the time stamp). I notice now that everyone that shares a common point level gets sorted by the PSN Id. So... why was that changed?

    I don't like it all. My PSN Id starts with the last letter and I will always be at the "back of the line". This is like the "index rating" that credit cards use - I get to know my leaderboard ranking based on my "group" at the current trophy count. I am losing interest in this site becasue of this. If I can't see the progress of my achievements on the leaderboard as earned (and not like in line for school pictures), there isn't much here to keep me coming back to the site. (I also never like that someone with zero plats and 1,000 bronze trophies would be sorted above me based only on total trophy count.)

    Other than that, I overall enjoy the site.

  2. #2
    Closing this account


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    1,813
    Reputation
    94

    What are you trying to say Your having an issue with the individual trophy leaderboard because it's in alphabetical order? I think that is what the LATEST ACHIEVERS section is for. You can always look at the little blue number that tells you what rank you are. (Where is Mod or a veteran when you need them.) You must be really new to gaming, you can have how may individual trophies you want but it all comes down to the number of total trophies.

  3. #3
    Crocodile Hunter
    Ac3stralian's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Straya ****!
    Posts
    2,042
    Reputation
    176

    I dnt really understand what your trying to say but if you go to your trophy profile and click on a game then it will have yu rank for the platinum/100% and leaderboard for the site. For example I am the 4th person to earn Ratchet& Clank 2

    Ratchet & Clank 2 Platinum Club - PS3Trophies

    And my World rank is 1,972
    http://www.ps3trophies.com/leaderboard/40#Ac3dUd3-
    it drops because other people earn more trophies and their score goes up, or new people with a higher rank than you join

    Sig by Apokolypz



  4. #4
    Lvl 5 - Silver


    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Nederland
    Posts
    315
    Reputation
    3

    Nothing has changed by my knowledge. I kind of have the same "problem" cause my id starts with an S. But in my opinion it is the most fair way to count points. A bigger problem is the fact that when you do nothing you lose a rank or 200 cause of the new memberships. A while ago there were 19000 and now we passed the 20000. ( when i had 500 trophies i was at 12something, and now with 700 i am at 13300 ). It's difficult to climb that way.

    ( but i understand your problem: you mean that the person who got to a certain amount of points FIRST should be above another person ).
    I don't know if that is possible because the psn leaderboard point work automatically i suppose.

    13,363 worldclaznoob27 11
    8%
    366 118 43 7 534 14,160
    13,364 podzimator 11
    7%
    589 99 24 1 713 14,145
    13,365 SCarverOrne 11
    7%
    575 109 23 1 708 14,145
    13,366 sept-sept 11
    7%
    567 107 25 1 700 14,145
    13,367 Neema1138 11
    7%
    503 106 28 5 642 14,145
    13,368 specializedepic 11
    7%
    483 98 34 5 620 14,145
    13,369 Paulkm94 11
    7%
    373 99 50 6 528 14,145
    13,370 Gecko521 11
    7%
    351 116 40 10 517 14,145
    13,371 ZBUnited01 11
    6%
    594 126 14 1 735 14,130

    hmm, not alphabetical ???

    as far as i can tell now, it counts the total amount of trophies to determine the rank.

    thats one way to do it, bit strange because someone who has more plats and golds is lower than someone with more bronzes who has a higher total ).

    12,551 Tommy_R 11
    88%
    641 118 27 1 787 15,765
    12,552 momicek 11
    88%
    647 112 26 2 787 15,765
    12,553 linqueo 11
    88%
    631 105 25 5 766 15,765
    12,554 Renato_tato 11
    88%
    573 134 29 3 739 15,765
    12,555 sa3oodey 11
    88%
    571 129 31 3 734 15,765
    12,556 Z28sRock 11
    88%
    551 142 28 4 725 15,765
    12,557 janhm 11
    88%
    547 141 29 4 721 15,765
    12,558 FierZ 11
    88%
    515 121 39 5 680 15,765
    12,559 arthuritis_wang 11
    88%
    481 138 43 3 665 15,765
    12,560 LOL_I_KNOW 11
    87%
    718 121 15 0 854 15,750
    Last edited by Compalicious; 08-10-2012 at 08:08 AM.

  5. #5
    Lvl 1 - Bronze


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2
    Reputation
    0

    Quote Originally Posted by jay_hawk View Post
    You must be really new to gaming.
    Yeah, I don't think so when I have my Sega Genesis from 1992 with in arm's reach where I'm sitting. I also have two PS1s, two PS2s and a PSP as well as my PS3. Sorry...

    Quote Originally Posted by jay_hawk View Post
    I think that is what the LATEST ACHIEVERS section is for.
    That's for when I have gotten the plat, but I want to see the progress before I become a "latest acheiver"...

    Quote Originally Posted by Ac3dUd3- View Post
    I dnt really understand what your trying to say but if you go to your trophy profile and click on a game then it will have yu rank for the platinum/100% and leaderboard for the site. For example I am the 4th person to earn Ratchet& Clank 2
    Yes, based on the time stamp, you are #4 to achieve the plat. Look at the leaderboard for the game - your #1 and the person that achieved the plat first (based on the time stamp) is ranked #84.

    That's my problem on the game's leaderboard.

    Quote Originally Posted by sept-sept View Post
    as far as i can tell now, it counts the total amount of trophies to determine the rank.

    thats one way to do it, bit strange because someone who has more plats and golds is lower than someone with more bronzes who has a higher total ).

    The leaderboard for the website (or is that called the world ranking?) is done by overall points of the trhopies earned. In your example, yes the person with less golds is ranked higher than you. I think in a "points tie" the the PSN id with the higher number of plats and golds should be higher than the person that more bronzes (in other words: incomplete games). I realize to fix that would require alot of programing that may not be possible with the forum's software - I'm ok with that as a minor issue.

    The individual game's leaderboard, when there is a "points tie", is based off of the PSN Id. Let's say that in a group of 100 PSN Ids, I'm currently the first person to get 30 trophies in a game. That should put me at "x" rank based on the number of people that have more thophies for that game. But, my PSN Id (Z28sRock) will show as "x+100" rank. I should change my id so that I'm always first.
    Last edited by Compalicious; 08-10-2012 at 08:08 AM.

  6. #6
    Closing this account


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    1,813
    Reputation
    94

    Quote Originally Posted by Z28sRock View Post
    Yeah, I don't think so when I have my Sega Genesis from 1992 with in arm's reach where I'm sitting. I also have two PS1s, two PS2s and a PSP as well as my PS3. Sorry... That's for when I have gotten the plat, but I want to see the progress before I become a "latest acheiver"...
    I really don't know what to tell you. I was first in getting the for NBA 2K12 and on the Leaderboard am ranked 23rd, plus there people that don't have the DLC that are ranked higher then me. I wouldn't worry to much about it.

  7. #7
    Lvl 10 - Platinum
    ferretbusiness's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Hovering pattern
    Posts
    1,860
    Reputation
    30

    why do you care so much? dont have an id that starts with a z then

  8. #8
    Lvl 1 - Bronze


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2
    Reputation
    0

    That's not much of a productive answear... The point of leaderboards and ranking is to see who has gotten the most trophies and the satisfaction of getting them first. To say that I shouldn't care or worry about the leaderboards on a LEADERBOARD website is kinda like not caring what's in my bank account when I go the bank's website - it's the point of going to the website.

  9. #9
    Closing this account


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    1,813
    Reputation
    94

    A leaderboard serves 1 purpose and that is to see who has the most of something. You wanting to see if your were 1st at getting a certain trophy, that's where the First Achievers Board comes in at. If you want to see the leaderboard and see who has what, then just click on the leaderboard.

  10. #10
    Lvl 4 - Silver
    flyingturk's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Turn Around
    Posts
    269
    Reputation
    26

    Quote Originally Posted by Z28sRock View Post
    I tried searching but can't find the reason why the site made a change. The leaderboards were and should be based off of when the trophy was earned (based on the time stamp). I notice now that everyone that shares a common point level gets sorted by the PSN Id. So... why was that changed?

    I don't like it all. My PSN Id starts with the last letter and I will always be at the "back of the line". This is like the "index rating" that credit cards use - I get to know my leaderboard ranking based on my "group" at the current trophy count. I am losing interest in this site becasue of this. If I can't see the progress of my achievements on the leaderboard as earned (and not like in line for school pictures), there isn't much here to keep me coming back to the site. (I also never like that someone with zero plats and 1,000 bronze trophies would be sorted above me based only on total trophy count.)

    Other than that, I overall enjoy the site.
    Well when I take a look at your list, it seems to me you would be that someone. Why do you care about the leaderboards? ..They aren't the only feature of this site you know


    "A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"


  11. #11
    I love football season!
    patangashty's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Mitchell, South Dakota, USA
    Posts
    315
    Reputation
    3

    Maybe what you are asking for is that instead of players with the same number of points being sorted from most trophies to least trophies, it should be changed to least trophies to most trophies. That would put more empahsis on platinum and gold trophies. That wouldn't be a bad idea, IMHO.



    iCard by pittsteeler36

  12. #12
    Lvl 4 - Silver
    flyingturk's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Turn Around
    Posts
    269
    Reputation
    26

    The honest truth is, every trophy counts.


    "A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"


  13. #13
    Lvl 1 - Bronze


    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2
    Reputation
    0

    This section of the forum is "site help, feedback and bugs". I feel that this falls under site feedback and you guys aren't helping. If one doesn't care about the issue, then don't post a reply to it.

    Any leaderboard on a game like COD, Resistance or Battlefield would NOT list it this way.


    I reallydon't like these replies where you guys are basically having this attitude of telling me to "piss off". Thanks for nothing.

  14. #14
    Closing this account


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    1,813
    Reputation
    94

    Quote Originally Posted by Z28sRock View Post
    This section of the forum is "site help, feedback and bugs". I feel that this falls under site feedback and you guys aren't helping. If one doesn't care about the issue, then don't post a reply to it. Any leaderboard on a game like COD, Resistance or Battlefield would NOT list it this way. I reallydon't like these replies where you guys are basically having this attitude of telling me to "piss off". Thanks for nothing.
    We were trying to give you feedback but you aren't trying to listen to it. You want someone to be on your side with this issue but most of the people that are replying has been here a long time. If you would like someone to tell you what you want to hear, advise you buy a prostitute. It is what it is and posting that we are not helping when you obvious have some kinda of an issue because you want to see your name on top and not bottom. How you think half of us fell when we are the first to a game but we get dropped down on the leaderboard when other people get that same ? We move on.

  15. #15
    Lvl 1 - Bronze
    AJAX1904's Avatar


    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    San Diego, CA. USA
    Posts
    4
    Reputation
    0

    I was wondering why i was always in to top 20 on like every game i have 100% on haha, at first i'm thinking wow i must be a bad ass gamer or something LOL! then i come on here and find out its just because my PSN with an "A", WHAT A JOKE!!! IMO alphabetically ranking a "leaderboard" seems like a terrible idea. maybe there isn't a better way of doing it, I don't know. however i do know that it doesn't matter if you have a little "PRO" thing next to your name thousands of posts and 40+ Plat. because guys like me and Z28sRock are always going to be here looking and asking how we can make this site better not putting old man blinders on and saying "its perfect the way it is" (all my games just got deleted randomly and error codes went crazy) nothing is perfect and everything should be questioned, how we can make it better? if not then why even bother replying on a thread like this.... if your not part of the solution, your part of the problem.

  16. #16
    Closing this account


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    1,813
    Reputation
    94

    Quote Originally Posted by AJAX1904
    then i come on here and find out its just because my PSN with an "A", WHAT A JOKE!!! IMO alphabetically ranking a "leaderboard" seems like a terrible idea.
    Ok here is what your missing IMO......If your ever notice on that leaderboard you think is a joke are the people that haven't received that for a certain game ranking. They only thing that is in alphabetical order are the people that achieved the . So what is the problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by AJAX1904
    however i do know that it doesn't matter if you have a little "PRO" thing next to your name thousands of posts and 40+ Plat.
    What does that has to do with anything?

  17. #17
    Lvl 1 - Bronze
    AJAX1904's Avatar


    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    San Diego, CA. USA
    Posts
    4
    Reputation
    0

    The problem is i think there is probably a better way of doing it. for instance, it could be a simple as putting the plat. achievers in order from highest to lowest PSN level or as complicated as maybe ranking them on who got the plat. the fastest (in terms of first trophy to last trophy). now sure that might be a little much to ask for, its not that big of a deal and as you say "we move on" but i do believe it could be done better.

    On another note and one that i think is entirely relevant, one thing i've noticed about this site, and most forums for that matter, is people like you who have all this higher reputation or more posts or whatever tend to come off in a condecending frankly im better then/know more than you attitude and i think thats crap. When you say things like "you must be really new to gameing" and "If you would like someone to tell you what you want to hear, advise you buy a prostitute." you come off looking like a complete troll, and you should be told that in this thread and any other you choose to say things like that.

  18. #18
    Lvl 5 - Silver


    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Nederland
    Posts
    315
    Reputation
    3

    We're bothering here over ONE leaderboard while there must be a thousand other leaderboards.

    [IMG]http://card.***********.com/1/sept-sept.png[/IMG][/URL]

  19. #19
    Closing this account


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    1,813
    Reputation
    94

    There is this thing on every gaming site called a search button. 80% of new people don't know how to use that feature. Different threads pop up about the same issue. When a new person receives an answer that he doesn't like to a question he/she had ask, that said new person doesn't want to except the facts. When that said new person starts to complain about why things aren't revolving around them, to me that person has a complex issue. I personally will try to help any new person out but if they still want to act noobish well I am done trying. BTW, everyone reputation and post count are where they are for a reason. Some of us are highly knowledgeable in thing besides video games. If anything that anyone had said was out of line then a Mod would had set everyone straight and closed this thread.

  20. #20
    Bringing the PAIN
    NOFORPAIN's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida USA
    Posts
    842
    Reputation
    58

    Quote Originally Posted by AJAX1904 View Post
    The problem is i think there is probably a better way of doing it. for instance, it could be a simple as putting the plat. achievers in order from highest to lowest PSN level or as complicated as maybe ranking them on who got the plat. the fastest (in terms of first trophy to last trophy). now sure that might be a little much to ask for, its not that big of a deal and as you say "we move on" but i do believe it could be done better.

    On another note and one that i think is entirely relevant, one thing i've noticed about this site, and most forums for that matter, is people like you who have all this higher reputation or more posts or whatever tend to come off in a condecending frankly im better then/know more than you attitude and i think thats crap. When you say things like "you must be really new to gameing" and "If you would like someone to tell you what you want to hear, advise you buy a prostitute." you come off looking like a complete troll, and you should be told that in this thread and any other you choose to say things like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by sept-sept View Post
    We're bothering here over ONE leaderboard while there must be a thousand other leaderboards.

    [IMG]http://card.***********.com/1/sept-sept.png[/IMG][/URL]
    Well this all comes down to one thing...


    Avi by:dsluckay
    Sig by:In2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:04 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.10
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO