Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Game Idea to Help Site Reviews and Guides

This is a discussion on Game Idea to Help Site Reviews and Guides within the Site Help, Feedback & Bugs forum, part of the PS3Trophies.com Headquarters; Does everyone not see that I'm not asking for why or if the review team should change? All I was ...

Harvester of Souls

Does everyone not see that I'm not asking for why or if the review team should change?

All I was asking if anyone was on board with this. Not to continually demean the RT and such. I appreciate the first few opinions on this, but it's past that now. It's set up one way like it is and it's all up to the Admin to change it. That's not what's being discussed here. Please if you think this will work, say so or not, and if you could offer help or know if anyone would help in this new goal and idea. Otherwise, it's done. This isn't directed at anyone, just to nip that in the bud before it continues anymore.

HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay

Trophy Guide Kitten

Hey there people. Just stopping by to say that this thread is not about changing how the Reviews and Review Team work. Sorry to crush all your dreams, but I doubt members are going to be able to write reviews like before as Breakpoint I do believe took that section out. You can however write your own reviews and post them in the correct gaming forum for said game. Though they will not be official reviews they will be reviews written by you. If you all do have some sort of idea, please, feel free to bring it to my attention and maybe we can work together to get something going
    K? Thanks

PRO Member

I mainly GameFly so my collection isn't very large I don't think I can help out in that manor. I think you have a great idea here if we can muster up enough people to help. I would be willing to offer a one-off donation to help out from time to time. Keep the ideas coming.

However, I do like the idea(s) brought forth by Dr_Mayus. You guys could convert the system over to more like the Guides. The RT would administer the Reviews via Review Calling threads, Approval/disapproval etc... You could literally mirror the Guide process. Admins could get involved as far as any special permissions on the forum and possibly adding site trophies correlating to Review writing

With all that said, I think the RT does a great job as they are now. We always have quality reviews so thank you guys for what you do

Harvester of Souls

No one reads what Nero or Comp posts :/. lol. Thank you for that last bit there bmj and that's cool. I don't have access to gamefly or anything but I suppose that would make things a bit simpler to use. But this is just a means of bringing the community a bit closer and being involved and making things work out a bit better than they do .

Galaxy beauty pirate

O, sorry for the misunderstanding.

I can't really help personally, as I live in EU and my gaming collection isn't that big. I think it's a really good idea though, borrowing games from other members with large collections, if enough trust is there.
    I only know that DGT owns a shop and big game collection, what he already said. I also believe that Ant1 has a huuuge collection, but I don't know if he's willing to send his games.

Harvester of Souls

It's all good Artemis, as I said that wasn't directed at anyone, I was just trying ti nip that discussion in the bud before it escalated and got more out of hand and drawn away from just discussing the overall idea . I was just trying to get some support and backing behind this which has worked out quite well. . now just a matter of establishing the trust there and for the RT from some members who may help and see how all plays out. Definitely going to help me get some more titles out there.

Resident PHD

Quote Originally Posted by NeroRadec707 View Post
    It's all good Artemis, as I said that wasn't directed at anyone, I was just trying ti nip that discussion in the bud before it escalated and got more out of hand and drawn away from just discussing the overall idea . I was just trying to get some support and backing behind this which has worked out quite well. . now just a matter of establishing the trust there and for the RT from some members who may help and see how all plays out. Definitely going to help me get some more titles out there.
    Sorry dude, I wasn't trying to start anything. I was just pointing out that what you suggested isn't exactly cost effective and that before we consider something like that we should probably consider an idea like mine instead.

I wouldn't feel comfortable sending my stuff to people around the world, because I have had bad luck with that (still waiting for my copy of Heavy Rain back).

Anyways sorry for derailing your thread, I thought you were looking for suggestions.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Harvester of Souls

Again, it's fine lol. The first couple tiems was alright, but I wasn't looking for an alternative to the RT. I was merely trying to start something to help get it going in a better direction. I do appreciate it but wanted that nipped lol.

And yeah, there are some issues, that's why this would only be for more trusted members and also, always good to include insurance on the packages. but for 5 dollars to send a game back and forth, it's better than buying a game that they wouldn't of or don't want to rent anyways. Also, This isn't intended to mail games from US to UK OR Australia or anything. more or less, keep it within your own country boundaries as stated, unless both members were alright with it.

Another thing, this thread was put in site help sooooo to help with guides too. Reviews are just my area and the prime topic to help with, but this could help for a guide writer that would be willing to do a old guide the site needs but didn't have the means to acquire it. If that makes sense. Not solely for reviews.

Ice Cream Firefighter

It would be easier just to the thread mate seems all posts are going the same way, your'e wasting your time repeating yourself.

GDT RIP Biggest
    Competition of 2013
    Will be drawn very soon

GDT RIP Competitions
    On holidays and will resume on February 1st 2014

Now Playing
    Final Fantasy XIV:
    A Realm Reborn

Harvester of Souls

Nah, not quite done yet lol. Still seeing who all was on board with it for a time . I'll close it if things got out of hand or no one posts in another day or so. .

Platinum Procrastinator

Well I know we have already been warned about this but I too agree with what Mayus said just like bmj.

Getting back on topic. I'll throw my name down as a supplier of games seeing as how I have one of the larger collections on here (*Shakes fist in the air, "One day Ant1, one day"). However, I would only be supplying to people within Canada or the USA. Also, I would ship up to a maximum of five (5) games at once in a single case with a tall center column which can fit/hold a maximum of five games (Its actually the Half-Life 2 PC case). I could also include the instruction manuals as well but I'm very particular over my stuff so if any of them came back with bent pages, dents, or more importantly, tears and/or rips I would probably stop doing this. The same thing goes for scratches on the games.

Now after saying all of that, I would only send the games to people I trust and because I only have the one case that can hold multiple games, I can only supply one person at a time as I don't want to be sending out multiple packages with only one game in them as it becomes costly in terms of postage and shipping.

I don't know exactly what members of the review team live in Canada and the US, so I don't know how much this would benefit you guys. However, I would be open to the idea of starting up a shared PSN account where several people can donate money so that the review team can access it and get PSN games to review. For example, I may buy a $50 PSN card and once said account was created by whoever, I'd like someone to review the Magic the Gathering games and probably Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken as some examples because I've wrote the guides for them and would feature the review in the guides. Again, that was just an example. Obviously, whoever donates the money should have the choice as to what it gets used for providing the review team would be willing to review said games before someone donates the money.

If you have any questions about this, feel free to ask me as I'm willing to help out. I'll also mention that I've already done this before for another member of the forums when I mailed him five games at once and let him finish them before returning the games. He paid for the shipping and everything went smoothly.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

Harvester of Souls

Denartuck, that is a very awesome idea there though. That would most definitely help out with alot of PSN games and such and help cut costs as well if everyone puts a bit of funds into it. So far, I know of about 3-4 people that are willing to help send games, at least to people they trust and have a few lined up to help assist me personally so that is a go for next month once set up some basics. Probably try to set up a group (Private) just for everyone to communicate and maybe even give some other means of contact (email, phone or something) to keep in touch in case a site issue should occur.

Now just need to find support for donating PSN funds into a pool for the PSN game idea. Thank you for coming up with that idea to assist us . That was a really good idea. Just let me know how much support you'd be wiling to back into that. AS for MtG game reviews, I would definitely help write them.. and being experienced with MTG and each of the games so far, except for the new one as haven't had time to buy it, I would defintiely have prior MTG knowledge and can explain that for other n00bs .

DELTA CUBES, DELTA CUBES!

Nice idea, I would be willing to help, but alas, I have a small collection... (that and I don't really know anyone on here lol).

Sig & Avy by DaRe_xLw

PRO Member

Nero it is a good idea just have to slowly make something of it. Like i live in the US we have flat rate media mail.It only cost around 2 bucks to send anywhere in the country video game wise. like i sold 3 games to a guy on ebay and shiped them to him for 4 bucks last week So multiple games at a time saves too. if any RT people are in the US its very inexspensive to do this. But anyway keep the thread open your definitly on to a good idea. Just need to have trustworthy people who take care of peoples shit and and only take a month not a year to reveiw and ship back and maybe a paypal system or something similar that have individual secure accounts with a pending payment as a collateral type or insurance system so no one gets Burt also would need work on that system .I dont know just a few ideas to keep your thread going.Good Luck!

R.I.P Ellie

Hey man, I'm going to start to do reviews on most of the games I play. I'll send them to every person in the Review Team and see what happens with it..
    If they choose not to make it "Official", then whatever, it will get lost and the site wont gain from it.

I'm on your side my fellow "Guide Co-op Writer"

PRO Member

Perhaps the situation would benefit from adding more people to the RT. More RT ppl = better chance of MORE titles being reviewed. It's a way to improve the situation without reinventing the wheel of the site's policies and forum tree hierarchy.

I tried out for the review team once and was turned down. Which is totally cool don't get me wrong...it just seemed ludicrous to restrict the RT to such a small number of people when it was overwhelmingly clear that the RT had A LOT on their plate, and could definitely use more recruits. If not me, there were other candidates who were equally qualified or more qualified than me and they too were turned down. I presume solely because the RT was only allowed to "hire" just one person.

Of course the writing skills of RT members need to be top notch, but I mean, I'm confident there are many more people on this site with sound, unbiased tastes that are fully capable of putting forth quality review material. I don't see the logic in preventing them from having a grey name, especially if they have proven in black and white that they have what it takes. The RT needs more people and in my opinion its counterproductive to be so restrictive regarding the size of the team. This won't solve the problem completely, but I think it would help alleviate the problem, and put some aces in their place.

Lastly, I think this would help with member retention. There's a squeaky wheel here that's been squeaking for a long time with no grease in sight. Really, there's people that would absolutely LOVE to be part of the RT, but just can't seem to get their foot in door. That can be really disheartening.
    Steaming pile of helpful tips

Harvester of Souls

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisValentine View Post
    Hey man, I'm going to start to do reviews on most of the games I play. I'll send them to every person in the Review Team and see what happens with it..
    If they choose not to make it "Official", then whatever, it will get lost and the site wont gain from it.

I'm on your side my fellow "Guide Co-op Writer"
    That's all you can do my friend . And thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by 10000 Days View Post
    Perhaps the situation would benefit from adding more people to the RT. More RT ppl = better chance of MORE titles being reviewed. It's a way to improve the situation without reinventing the wheel of the site's policies and forum tree hierarchy.

I tried out for the review team once and was turned down. Which is totally cool don't get me wrong...it just seemed ludicrous to restrict the RT to such a small number of people when it was overwhelmingly clear that the RT had A LOT on their plate, and could definitely use more recruits. If not me, there were other candidates who were equally qualified or more qualified than me and they too were turned down. I presume solely because the RT was only allowed to "hire" just one person.

Of course the writing skills of RT members need to be top notch, but I mean, I'm confident there are many more people on this site with sound, unbiased tastes that are fully capable of putting forth quality review material. I don't see the logic in preventing them from having a grey name, especially if they have proven in black and white that they have what it takes. The RT needs more people and in my opinion its counterproductive to be so restrictive regarding the size of the team. This won't solve the problem completely, but I think it would help alleviate the problem, and put some aces in their place.

Lastly, I think this would help with member retention. There's a squeaky wheel here that's been squeaking for a long time with no grease in sight. Really, there's people that would absolutely LOVE to be part of the RT, but just can't seem to get their foot in door. That can be really disheartening.
    That may be true. I really don't know about the number of members, we have a fair amount right now and I believe the admin choose the restriction. Perhaps if we could see more quality reviews submitted when we need a member recruit, we might hire some more yes and generally they go off of the work individuals do and submit. If a member continually pumps out good quality reviews, then there is not reason that if it's alright to the RT and the admin, that they can't be recruited when a hiring process happens. That is something needs to be brought up to Nag atm.

As for getting turned down, I've never seen your name till now so I am unsure of that and may not have been on the team when you tried for it. Unless you have changed names or something. perhaps try again or there may have been something wrong with your entry. Really don't know what to say, except try again .

I do agree that the reviews must be top notch and that is true. They definitely need to be. But the question here isn't the number of reviews coming out. It's simply about the idea. This is over. .

Crocodile Hunter

There is nothing stopping you from writing your own reviews and posting them, the same for News Team, there is nothing stopping you form posting news. If anything the only way TO be noticed is by doing this and then they might consider you for the teams

Sig by Apokolypz

Harvester of Souls

Quote Originally Posted by Ac3dUd3- View Post
    There is nothing stopping you from writing your own reviews and posting them, the same for News Team, there is nothing stopping you form posting news. If anything the only way TO be noticed is by doing this and then they might consider you for the teams
    Exactly . Thanks Ac3dud3.

Heck my few recent review posts before I was on RT and talking about it as well as a quality releases here and there are what got me noticed by the review team just as they started looking for a few members. So i got voted in and began work like that. Same as several of the News Team members. All you can do is work and make reviews or news posts and see where it goes. If they like your work and attitude, then it will go smoother, but if you do things the team or staff don't like, then you're just SoL so to speak. Sucks it happens that way, but site is run by different people.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Just Saying My city have a Big video Game store which i,m on good term and am a long time client there if you guess need anything the store and i could offer and help you guys with it's going to be my pleasure

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12