Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Game Idea to Help Site Reviews and Guides

This is a discussion on Game Idea to Help Site Reviews and Guides within the Site Help, Feedback & Bugs forum, part of the PS3Trophies.com Headquarters; I was just thinking.. do we have anyone around the site that owns a game store or something that probably ...

Harvester of Souls

Game Idea to Help Site Reviews and Guides

I was just thinking.. do we have anyone around the site that owns a game store or something that probably could or would be willing(at least to trusted members) of loaning out any games before or on release OR at least older games we need reviews or guides for?

Not sure if the Admin will help in this.. they were at one time or supposed to.. but unsure. Just was curious. If we could manage something like this.. it could help more reviews get out and save the team some budget money. Or use some of the donations for thus. I might pool some of my donations together for such a fund in time.

Just considering some older major titles, Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City or Max Payne 3 for reviews and a large number of older games for guides and reviews as well. If a member had a game, but didn't want to review it or help with a guide, maybe we could share some games and such.. least if in the same time region/country and all. Just some thoughts I had this morning.

Thanks guys,
    NeroRadec <3

Let me know what you all think.

HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay

Harvester of Souls

This should definitely help make the place a better community and get some more top notch work out there. Especially for members that want to help AND are capable of quality work, but no funds. Just need some backing and support with this and could work out very nicely .

Ice Cream Firefighter

I own a games shop but I would not be able to hand out games even if I was able to get them back, because of company policy.

However......

As a person who owns over 120 PS3 games, I could consider sending my own games to trusted members to complete game reviews

Toggle Spoiler

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles

Harvester of Souls

See that is what I refer to. lol.

Wow.. I see a large number of games on there already . Perhaps Tazer, we could talk to admin about making you on some sort of staff such as RT to help out with assisting with some of the game titles and such. Once I'm caught up, I might actually be willing to talk to you about a few msyelf. And we can figure some sort of terms and regulations on this. As there is a slight bit of risk and all.

and maybe the member recieving helps pay back the shipping fees or something, that way it at least helps out and you're not losing any profit in this goal as that could be quite expensive WHILE still helping the site with getting the work out there and saving the member from buying or renting a game for a greater price if they didn't want it.

I'll come up with some rules on this.

Crocodile Hunter

I know a few guys who are in the position to do it, taze is one of them. however this requires a HUGE amount of trust with being in different countries etc so im not sure how it would work really.

You would have to wait like a week or 2 just for a game to come and then you have the personal level of the owner/borrower and if they are picky then yeah.

My collection isnt as high as some but i personally only trust mayb 10-15 with doing this myself

Sig by Apokolypz

Ice Cream Firefighter

Quote Originally Posted by Ac3dUd3- View Post
    My collection isnt as high as some but i personally only trust mayb 10-15 with doing this myself
    Can I borrow a game from you mate?

EDIT: I forgot to comment about this
    You would have to wait like a week or 2 just for a game to come and then you have the personal level of the owner/borrower and if they are picky then yeah.
    If it's me they are getting the game from i'm easy going & as for the 2 weeks thing people are already complaining about reviews not been completed fast enough so really what's another 2 weeks if the RT member is getting a game they didn't have before to complete

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles

R.I.P Ellie

Cool idea.
    I've been debating about doing reviews for games myself. But seems pretty pointless as they'll just get lost in the countless threads as I'm not an "OFFICIAL" Reviewer

Ice Cream Firefighter

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisValentine View Post
    Cool idea.
    I've been debating about doing reviews for games myself. But seems pretty pointless as they'll just get lost in the countless threads as I'm not an "OFFICIAL" Reviewer
    If my memory serves me correctly, the RT put out a post a couple of months ago, asking for people to join the review team. But Kid Loser was the only person who made a serious application & got a position working with them.

Now this is not meant to offend but to encourage you
    If you really want to join the RT that's great we need more people on the RT, but just saying you would do reviews if you were staff just doesn't cut it & if that was your way of getting on the team. As a Boss, I wouldn't employ you based on what if's, you need to show your work. As the saying goes: Either Put Up Or Shut Up. The Review Team are busy with their current reviews & their lives so don't wait for them to come to you. Man up, show some initiative get your name out there with your work & prove to the Review Team that they need you.

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles

Harvester of Souls

Thanks for input so far guys. About this.. yes there is a lot of trust which is why it woudl be more for outstanding membersof the community and take a lot of commitment from both ends. As for country trades.. I was looking at keeping it within your own borders but if there were some that was alright with this then it shoouldnt be an issue. Mail for me would onlyy take a couple days and if u plan aehad even a week or two won't hurt. Anything. I will cooment more once I return home but at work now and hard to quote or talk of specifics details. Thank u tazer for offering input and your game selection. :-)

Resident PHD

Nero the best way to do this is to just open reviews up to the whole site. I know that has been brought up in the past before but there is no reason that the reviews can't be written by other members and then approved by the RT. If the review doesn't isn't good enough then the RT can reject it. Lasombra already wrote a review for Raccoon City and I don't see why that can't be used.

The TGT let's everyone write guides so why is this any different? If the TGt doesn't like a guide they don't use it, if they like a guide then it becomes the official one.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Aussie Furry, Bitch

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

I know a few guys who are in the position to do it, taze is one of them. however this requires a HUGE amount of trust with being in different countries etc so im not sure how it would work really.

Would you trust me?

Harvester of Souls

Eveyrone already can write reviews. Lol. This won't affect or change anything.

Roo Commander

Quote Originally Posted by Kerwan_Ratchet View Post
    Would you trust me?
    You're too shifty looking

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

Harvester of Souls

No spam ya drunk!! lol. Also keep any critqueing or problems you guys think about this idea coming in. Can't improve or get it off the ground without coming up with plans around this so yeah. Definitely appreciated however I will stand by the idea and see how goes anyways with or without support from whoever I need and defend how I see it working with the current system.

Resident PHD

Quote Originally Posted by NeroRadec707 View Post
    Eveyrone already can write reviews. Lol. This won't affect or change anything.
    What I mean is, if someone reviews a game then after it has been approved by the RT it could become official. Then we should move to organizing the site better and actually creating a review tab (I know there is that side bar thing but that only pertains to 5 reviews). Then we can cross promote games so on the guide or review tab there would also be a link to the opposite one (throwing in a link for the boosting thread would be nice too).

As it stands right now I have to go into Forums, then select the letter that my game is under, then select the game, then select guide/review/boosting thread etc. That is a lot of work for a new comer to the site and it could be made simpler so that people coming here to check out guides will also stay around for our reviews.

I am not saying we will be as big as gamespot or ign but if we can bring in more traffic with our reviews then that is what we should be doing. But as it stands right now (and has stood for awhile) reviews have taken a backseat to almost everything on this site. Curse was doing a better job bringing them into the limelight but he has left as well now.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Aussie Furry, Bitch

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

Quote Originally Posted by Feral View Post
    You're too shifty looking

Change is good

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    What I mean is, if someone reviews a game then after it has been approved by the RT it could become official. Then we should move to organizing the site better and actually creating a review tab (I know there is that side bar thing but that only pertains to 5 reviews). Then we can cross promote games so on the guide or review tab there would also be a link to the opposite one (throwing in a link for the boosting thread would be nice too).

As it stands right now I have to go into Forums, then select the letter that my game is under, then select the game, then select guide/review/boosting thread etc. That is a lot of work for a new comer to the site and it could be made simpler so that people coming here to check out guides will also stay around for our reviews.

I am not saying we will be as big as gamespot or ign but if we can bring in more traffic with our reviews then that is what we should be doing. But as it stands right now (and has stood for awhile) reviews have taken a backseat to almost everything on this site. Curse was doing a better job bringing them into the limelight but he has left as well now.
    The idea of a TGT system has been brought up numerous times and countered with good reasons. Now obviously the reviews won't be as big as other sites as we don't get paid for writing them (funding the whole operation like bigger companies that rely on their reviews would ). At least with this idea, those who can't afford to buy the new titles and replacing them with other ones will be able to actually get a review for it out (see Max Payne 3 or Lollypop Chainsaw).

Also, there's only 4 in the review box

Crocodile Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Kerwan_Ratchet View Post
    Would you trust me?
    well you live under an hour from me so id trust you, and since you would have to give an address if you dnt give it back ill hunt you down and take a pic of you to put up on the site since you avoid it so much

What I mean is, if someone reviews a game then after it has been approved by the RT it could become official.
    highly agree with this, this is the first step to world domination

Id be willing to lend a game etc to most staff as being staff you would assume they are trustworthy, as for just normal members it would once again come down to the one on one trust level with the 2 participants. This idea would expand the RT as there would hopefully be a lot more reviews instead of the ultra rare drop we are used to.

I would personally feel safer doing it if the other person puts up something as collateral, or if say the admins get behind this then if you screw someone over you get demoted/suspended/banned hopefully that would stop the fools

Sig by Apokolypz

Harvester of Souls

Thanks for the support so far guys and bring up some concerns . Certain things have been brought up and addressed before and it's all up to the admin as to how the reviews are handled and thus.. they are handled as they are . But for how it's working now, that is what this idea is set up to help with. The current review team structure and team working on staff NOW. . Not about updating or changing how reviews work around here, regardless.

Galaxy beauty pirate

Nero the best way to do this is to just open reviews up to the whole site. I know that has been brought up in the past before but there is no reason that the reviews can't be written by other members and then approved by the RT. If the review doesn't isn't good enough then the RT can reject it. Lasombra already wrote a review for Raccoon City and I don't see why that can't be used.

The TGT let's everyone write guides so why is this any different? If the TGt doesn't like a guide they don't use it, if they like a guide then it becomes the official one.
    I agree. It works for guides, so why not for reviews. If the TGT wouldn't be open for everyone, there wouldn't be as many guides as we have now. If it would be open for everyone, there would be a lot more reviews this way and also reviews about genres I don't see often I hope, like fighting games, Jrpg, etc.

I'm happy to see that the review team is doing a better job now, than in the past though.
    Sig by Ramon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast