Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Trophy Marathon Competition: Scoreboard

This is a discussion on Trophy Marathon Competition: Scoreboard within the Site & Member Thrown Competitions forum, part of the PS3Trophies.com Headquarters; lol, the technical crew are still tallying up the scores knew I forgot to do something....

PRO Member

lol, the technical crew are still tallying up the scores knew I forgot to do something.

Now playing
    EVE ONLINE
    Who needs a life anyway

Legend...Nuff Said

You guys are definitely not making it easy for me to keep my Top5 spot...

L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My first novel can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

Indie Game Developer

Are there going to be Second and Third places in individual brackets? I understand that only the winner of each bracket gets a prize, but are there going to be site trophies or any other kind of acknowledgement for the runners up?
    Hey. Hey. Look. Look at me. I'm playing video games.

Legend...Nuff Said

Quote Originally Posted by Jakintosh View Post
    Are there going to be Second and Third places in individual brackets? I understand that only the winner of each bracket gets a prize, but are there going to be site trophies or any other kind of acknowledgement for the runners up?
    I think the praise of Skip and Max will be the only prize outside the winner's circle. I don't think the site would give out 12 site awards, although I think for something like this they should since it's been going on for 4 months so far. BadWolf, when you read this, push the admins to give the 1-3 placed people in the brackets a site trophy.

L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.

PRO Member

Not likely since the rules for offering site trophies require the OP to apply before the comp starts and there's only 1 for first place now (unless it's changed again). Pretty much the best I can do is give'em some rep.

Next comp will be different though, assuming enough interest is shown to warrant me running it.

Now playing
    EVE ONLINE
    Who needs a life anyway

Indie Game Developer

What were you thinking for the next competition? Another long haul, or something more traditional? I'd like to see some kind of cool spin on a comp that takes completion percentage into account, or could somehow take plat quality into consideration.
    Hey. Hey. Look. Look at me. I'm playing video games.

My Own Worst Enemy

Is this comp over yet?
    I'll just assume it is, sucks though it looked fun.

(Props to dsluckay for the sig/avy) (Trophy bar by:Thunder)

Legend...Nuff Said

Quote Originally Posted by Self_Saboteur- View Post
    Is this comp over yet?
    I'll just assume it is, sucks though it looked fun.
    This comp is far from over. Go back through the thread and you will find the commentary. We have at least 2-3 months left in it.

L

Lvl 6 - Silver

is there a chance a young gamer like me can join late i didn't know it would take that long to finish it i can start late have tons of games to play and a hell of a free time i'm sure i can get on tract once i join !!

Toggle Spoiler

For me trophies have become an integral part of gaming, like a stereo in a car. Is it really necessary? No. Is it a lot more fun with it though? Hell yeah!

quoted by Robinworldwide

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jakintosh View Post
    What were you thinking for the next competition? Another long haul, or something more traditional? I'd like to see some kind of cool spin on a comp that takes completion percentage into account, or could somehow take plat quality into consideration.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aboelsas View Post
    is there a chance a young gamer like me can join late i didn't know it would take that long to finish it i can start late have tons of games to play and a hell of a free time i'm sure i can get on tract once i join !!
    Trying to keep the next one a bit simpler in the way it's structured, but yes, it will be another long haul (12 weeks) with the risk of instant death... I mean elimination. Check out the Team Gathering thread for details and to express interest. Comp is planned for December (as team based comp) if enough teams (need about 10) express interest...or it could end up being a single player event.

Now playing
    EVE ONLINE
    Who needs a life anyway

PRO Member

Scoreboard is updated once again...looks like I was a bit off with my Jenkem prediction.

Now playing
    EVE ONLINE
    Who needs a life anyway

Legend...Nuff Said

A notice for everyone in the future. Because the tournament is updated on a Sunday, and to help me prevent writer's burnout, from now on the commentary will be posted from Sunday to Tuesday. No set time because I don't want to force out material and dip the quality. Thank you all for understanding.

L

Resident Deadhead

Quote Originally Posted by BadWolf2142 View Post
    Scoreboard is updated once again...looks like I was a bit off with my Jenkem prediction.
    sorry to make you look a fool, but i met the most awesome girl ever about 2 weeks ago, and shes taking up most of my time that went towards playing bad games.

its awesome, bc bad games never sucked me off until i shoot blanks, so i choose her over shitboxed games
    I Grew up a Fuckin Screw-Up, Got introduced to the Game, got an ounce and Fuckin Blew Up.

Only the Good Die Young, so I'll be here Awhile

Player Hater

Quote Originally Posted by jenkem_addict88 View Post
    bc bad games never sucked me off until i shoot blanks
    Charming. Bahahaha.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Didn't know it was already update time...I would say that's a good decision to make jenkem.

Legend...Nuff Said

Spring League Marathon Stage 9 Commentary

Welcome back to the Tokyo Dome, here is Tokyo, Japan. I’m your host with the most, Skip Williams with the doctor of trophinomics, Max Platinum. A crazy week if there was one, Max. New challengers have been making runs for the title, the top five gets shaken up again, and Jenkem is still living life as a bridesmaid but will he ever become the bride? We have a lot to update the fans about this stage.

Skip, last week was a lull for us, and now we have storylines galore to talk about. This was a poor week for the fans to take a nap and skip the coverage because there were some surprises we did not see coming, and from people we thought were long dead in the tournament.

Here is the top 10 from this week, sponsored by Phoenix Energy Drinks, for when you need to rebirth and rise above the competition.

Jeankarlo 6450
    Frost 5780
    AC 3735
    Jenkem 3015
    Diddle 2595
    DJ 1830
    Icebrand 1830
    Damage 1710
    Jakintosh 1650
    GPete 1350

For the third week in a row Jenkem put up golden controller numbers but was outshone by a third different individual. First it was Lasombra, then Frost, and now Jeankarlo sits atop the world.

You have to feel for Jenkem. Three weeks he puts up hall of fame numbers but again someone has that one week to beat him. If I were Jenkem I would not worry about it too much though. He still has a gap on Frost for the top spot, which is the most important thing to him. Talking to anyone in the field, having a golden controller trophy is nice but it’s the overall title their playing for now. That is their big game plan.

We have Stan Daman, our ace reporter standing ready to give us comments from Jeankarlo after he accepted the golden controller.

Thanks, Skip. Jeankarlo told me he is pacing himself. He wanted to keep pace with Frost and Jenkem without having to burn out too early, and when he saw his top five spot disappear he knew it was time to kick in the reserves. He also said to expect another big stage from him. Back to you guys.

What do you think Max? Was Jeankarlo just keeping up the pace or do you think he was being complacent?

I think Jeankarlo is psyching out the field. I’m a man who likes to look at the numbers, and to an extent he is right. He was keeping somewhat of a pace with them but let’s be honest, he was being outmatched. I think he was happy coasting at fifth and in the prize money. Lasombra ruined his plan of an easy cheque and now he had to put some work in. How far he’ll take it is for anyone to see. I’d like to see him defend the golden controller, but with his coasting throughout the tournament so far he might revert back after seeing Lasombra not even put up a top ten placing this week.

The top five of the week shows another big change. Out goes Lasombra and DJ, in comes Jeankarlo and Diddle. What is with our top five? There is so much movement it’s becoming very hard to keep track of everybody from week to week.

We’re coming to the part of the tournament where drop off is going to happen and strategies are going to be implemented because of fatigue. If Jeankarlo was not bluffing he was pacing himself, then good for him that his plan worked on a week where two of the overall top five dropped off production significantly. The same for AC where the past two weeks he’s been putting up great numbers but before that he was under the radar. As commentators it’d make our lives so much easier to have the same top five every week, but it’d get damn boring for the fans.

Stan has an important question from the audience for us. You’re on the air Stan.

Guys, I was asked by a fan in the crowd what Max thought of GPete cracking the top ten this week. After being called out by him last week he stepped up and produced.

One week. That’s all it is. Don’t get me wrong, I think he is still a kid with potential, but he just barely slid into tenth by only sixty points. If getting a dressing down from me is what it took for him to up his game, I’m glad to have helped coach him. If he cracks the top ten again next week then I will admit he got some redemption.

The overall leaderboard had some big shake ups that give us a potential storyline for the future. Thanks to Jeankarlo’s big round he pole vaulted to third place. How DJ and Diddle will respond we don’t know yet. Also for a second week in a row AC put up large numbers bringing him from twelfth to tenth. This might not sound impressive to the viewers but seventh to fifteenth is log jammed so any significant round from any of them can be a big swing in the rankings. Another good week from AC, and a slack week from those above him and that could mean he’d be sitting in seventh place.

Let’s cut out the bull for our fans. Other networks, which we won’t mention due to an on-going legal dispute, are going to preach that even Maplesniper can come back and win this thing. The truth is some of these guys are playing for a top ten spot. They got outclassed and barring some kind of epic come back or miracle even getting into the top five is beyond their ability this far into the competition. AC can take seventh place with another good showing this week, but now what was once a top five stronghold got turned into a top six. He’d have a long ways to go to even get there.

Looking over the bracket’s every leader has kept their lead over the pack. Lasombra has a 1.28 level lead over BadWolf. Frost has a 4.63 level lead over Damage. Jenkem has a 3.93 level lead over Icebrand. DJ has a 2.40 level lead over Diddle. It has been business as usual for them all in dealing with their own brackets. What are your thoughts about this Max?

Par for the course, Skip. BadWolf is the only one with a realistic shot at making a comeback, and I believe that all of the leaders are looking towards the overall title than their bracket titles. It’s a nice trophy, and a nice chunk of change, but by how the last few weeks have been shaping up they’ve been focusing on being #1 overall, rather than #1 in their bracket. The top six are the only ones with a realistic shot at taking home that title. Seventh place and back are just not tallying enough points to put a dent in the lead they have.

Here is the top ten overall scoreboard for the fans at home.

Jenkem: 51360
    Frost 47285
    Jeankarlo 26445
    Diddle 26175
    DJ 24555
    Lasombra 21750
    Brenden 16485
    Weapon 15435
    Kelstar 14985
    Icebrand 13080

From first to tenth there is around a 38K difference. Unless someone goes on the steroids tomorrow it’s too late for someone past tenth place to make a significant challenge for first place. They can put up a couple strong weeks to take home a golden controller, but even if the top three took the entire month off they would still have a huge lead.

Would it be fair to say it’s a two man race for first and a four man race for third?

With these numbers that is what we are looking at. Brenden and Weapon are within striking distance of just making top five if they put up a 10K stage. But for now it’ll be a matter of who makes the next big move to break the bottle neck. Jeankarlo made his move this week, so maybe someone like Ice and Kelstar will surprise the field and show them their not on a vacation.

Closing thoughts, Max. What should the fans expect this stage?

Redemption! This is going to be the tenth stage. If there was any time, even if their hopes were slim, now is the time to make an impact statement to the field that there is some nitro left in the tanks and it’s going to be made a race.

Stage ten is soon to be underway live from the Tokyo Dome. Remember fans, these are trained professionals so don’t try these marathon sessions at home without proper rest and nutrition. For Max Platinum, I’m Skip Williams saying good night and good gaming. Up next on the network with have classic coverage from the Nation’s Cup 2009 from Singapore.

L

I love football season!

Nice work on the commentary Lasombra!

iCard by pittsteeler36

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Good stuff, glad I was able to sneak into that top ten.

Crocodile Hunter

Nice commentary this week mate

Sig by Apokolypz

Death is Awaiting....

Just read the commentary even though I'm not in the comp Good comm tho man

Sig by Achantion

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast