Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Trophy Marathon Competition: Scoreboard

This is a discussion on Trophy Marathon Competition: Scoreboard within the Site & Member Thrown Competitions forum, part of the PS3Trophies.com Headquarters; Thanks for the props everyone....

Legend...Nuff Said

Thanks for the props everyone.

L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My first novel can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

Resident Deadhead

target level reached

feel free to shower me with your praises now lol
    I Grew up a Fuckin Screw-Up, Got introduced to the Game, got an ounce and Fuckin Blew Up.

Only the Good Die Young, so I'll be here Awhile

Indie Game Developer

Wow Jenkem, I gotta admit, your determination was impressive. Just wondering though, how many of your plats were like, good? Not trying to bring you down, I'm honestly curious as to how many decent plats you got. Actually, would you mind posting the games you played during the comp? Also how much did you spend haha?
    Hey. Hey. Look. Look at me. I'm playing video games.

Resident Deadhead

Quote Originally Posted by Jakintosh View Post
    Wow Jenkem, I gotta admit, your determination was impressive. Just wondering though, how many of your plats were like, good? Not trying to bring you down, I'm honestly curious as to how many decent plats you got. Actually, would you mind posting the games you played during the comp? Also how much did you spend haha?
    i get two games at a time from gamefly, which is 22 bucks a month. so ive spent around 100 dollars on GF since the contest started.

Also, all the free plus games hella help. anywho here is a list of the stuff i platted for this....(in no order)

Back to the future
    GEneraror Rex
    Ben 10 racing ps3
    Ben 10 racing Vita
    Tekken tag tournament
    MIB
    Jurassic the hunted
    Rango
    Get Up and Dance
    Marvel super hero squad comic combat
    Where the Wild things are
    U draw intant artist
    penguins of madagascar
    puss in boots
    GOW ghost of sparta
    GOW chains of olympus
    Sly 1
    Sly 2
    Trine 2
    Red faction armageddon
    mayhem 3d
    jak and dexter
    heavy fire over afganistan
    NCIS
    Monster JAm
    Nat Geo Challenge
    Saw
    Dreamworks superstar karts
    Kung Fu panda 2
    LAst Rebellion
    man vs wild
    cartoon network punchtime explosion
    Cabelas adventure camp

i probably spent an additional 100 or so on additional games and psn cards, so id say ive spent about 200 bones here lol
    I Grew up a Fuckin Screw-Up, Got introduced to the Game, got an ounce and Fuckin Blew Up.

Legend...Nuff Said

Quote Originally Posted by jenkem_addict88 View Post
    target level reached

feel free to shower me with your praises now lol
    I guess Skip calling you a bridesmaid got you rev'ed up to finish the bracket.

L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

nice job hitting that target level.

Indie Game Developer

Nice, that's a decent list. I forgot about gamefly, that makes a lot of sense haha. Anyhow it was a good run, you managed to hit the level cap before I even got to the starting line of level 20 I was thinking it would be a much longer comp, but you managed to prove me wrong by sprinting an entire marathon lol. Props to you.
    Hey. Hey. Look. Look at me. I'm playing video games.

Legend...Nuff Said

Quote Originally Posted by Jakintosh View Post
    Nice, that's a decent list. I forgot about gamefly, that makes a lot of sense haha. Anyhow it was a good run, you managed to hit the level cap before I even got to the starting line of level 20 I was thinking it would be a much longer comp, but you managed to prove me wrong by sprinting an entire marathon lol. Props to you.
    Its not over yet. We still have 3 more...errr...2 more brackets left cause Frost is going to be finished his soon. This won't be done until October I am guessing.

L

Ninja Master

how did i end up in this competition?

Resident Deadhead

Quote Originally Posted by LilJayR4 View Post
    im assuming you signed up for it way back in april...

Legend...Nuff Said

Quote Originally Posted by LilJayR4 View Post
    Competition is still going strong. Lots of time to make a run for #1 overall.

L

Legend...Nuff Said

We are days away from the ending of stage ten. Don't forget to join us live in the Tokyo Dome with the best coverage team in the world.

That's right Skip. We'll be bringing interviews, commentary, and a nostalgic look back at where we once were before this even started.

L

Level 5 Esper

Trophy level reached.
    >>>>> New Trophy Case <<<<<

Multiplayer/Old PSN

Currently Playing
    FFX-2 HD Remake (PS3) || Killzone Mercenary (PSV) || Hearthstone (PC)

My Guides

Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention
    Generator Rex: Agent of Providence

Legend...Nuff Said

Spring League Marathon Stage 10 Commentary

Welcome everyone to the end of the tenth stage, here live in the Tokyo Dome. It is electric as we bring a close to four long, gruelling, demanding months and we still have more to go. I’m here as always with the Doctor of Trophinomics, Max Platinum, and the video says it all doesn’t it Max? Twenty-one gritty, hardcore, competitors are showing us the true meaning of dedication, intensity, and sacrifice.

We are in the midst of a legendary competition. The field is the cream of the crop. In all my years in the industry I’ve not witnessed a marathon like we are seeing here. We’ve had marathons in the past because it’s a staple format, but never has it been without a time stamp. This one has no ending. It goes until someone gets the last trophy, or passes out in the process only to wake up later to keep grinding.

How are the competitors not entirely drained? This has been on network TV for four months. The fans love it. The viewers love it. We love it. But how are they, the competitors, not dead men walking?

I’ve said it once and I’ll say it a thousand times, mental fortitude. This is not a sprint tournament or something with a knock-out structure. There is no designated rest. There is no bear. No bear has to be outpaced to the finish line. Everyone can see how everyone is progressing at any time. These are the best of the best showing us what the sport can do when people are pushed to their limit and then asked to keep going.

Stan Daman, our ace reporter is in the field now with one of the competitors. Who is with you now Stan?

Thanks guys, I am with Jakintosh. Your bracket is officially over and Jenkem came out the winner. How are you feeling not being able to pull the win?

I'm a little disappointed that my bracket was over so quickly, but it is still a marathon. I don't think Jenkem can keep sprinting like he has done so far, so I think we may be able to get a lot more life out of this competition. Even though I haven't done so well so far,
    I'm still having my best year, trophy-wise, and it's only going to get better.

Do you think you can crack the top ten and make it to the Nation’s Cup?

I'm very confident in my ability to place in the top 3 of my bracket, and definitely in the top 10 overall. I feel like I'm keeping a good pace.

Thanks, Jakintosh. Back to you guys in the studio.

Jakintosh stole our thunder and gave away the worst kept secret in the tournament. Jenkem is the first bracket winner.

Everyone watching at home, love him or hate him, has to give him the credit he is due. If the tournament ended now he’d also add the overall title to his collection. Jakintosh is upbeat which is a good sign for him for his run at the Nation’s Cup team. He is focusing on what is ahead and not what is behind him. As you said last time, seventh to fifteenth place is a logjam. Jakintosh can make his bold words a reality. He is not coming from last place.

One bracket is finished and now all of them get piled into the one above. We talked about it for weeks but the time has finally come. How will this affect everyone’s morale?

For someone like Jenkem it will make him hungrier for a new challenge. DJ now has a second person to light a fire under him. Icebrand has a new lease on life. His challenge is a big one having to reach ten levels, but did anyone expect that to happen the way Jenkem did it? If we’ve learned anything about this competition it is that anything can and will happen. Diddle right now has to be deflated. He is now third in a bracket; behind a guy he had a two level lead on when we started. Now, Skip, I want to make this clear from the start because I know all the Diddle fans will be sending me hate mail for saying anything bad about him. By no means has he had a bad tournament. On the contrary, he has been in the top five since the beginning, and has not let his iron grip slip. It is like Hakoom vs. Duck360. Both are hall of famers, but one came out on top more times than the other.

I just got some late news from our technical crew. Jenkem is not the only person to end the bracket this stage. Frost has also claimed his bracket’s title, leaving us with only two brackets remaining. Two brackets are finished and there are two left to go.

It doesn’t change anything. This was going to happen at some point but now we can finally have the showdown between the leading candidates for tournament MVP. They are in the same bracket. It is head-to-head time between Frost and Jenkem. Who will out-duel the other to the overall title?

Does this have any implications for the Rising Stars bracket? What can BadWolf and Lasombra do to turn this situation in their favour? Time is not on their side if they want to make a run for the overall title.

The only thing they can do is eat their Wheaties, and find a gear they never knew they had before. Lasombra is the only one of the two with a legitimate shot at this stage in the competition of dethroning Jenkem from that placing. To pull even he has to win his bracket and hope Jenkem loses his pace and falls flat on his face. If Jenkem finishes his new bracket before Lasombra can, then it is mathematically impossible for him to win it. The tournament would end when Lasombra reaches level seventeen and he’d have no chance to get any extra points.

Speaking of the Rising Stars bracket Stan Daman is standing by with Patang. Let’s turn it over to Stan.

Hi guys, I’ve got Patang with us. Four months of hard work and you are sitting in third place in the bracket. How are you feeling?

I'm definitely not where I'd like to be as we come to the end of another stage. Overall, I'm making the best effort that time allows.

Can you crack the Top Ten?

I doubt very highly that I can crack the top 10 before the end of the competition, but I'm not going to quit trying. I'll let the chips fall where they may.

The Phoenix and Destiny Omega brackets are finished. Did anything surprise you from them?

Biggest surprises are Jenkem and Frost. The number of trophies and plats those two have accumulated are mind-blowing. That's some real dedication to the comp.

Thanks Patang and good luck in the next stage. Back to you guys in the studio.

Patang is keeping his upbeat attitude despite the huge gap between first and third.

He reminds me of the Mandu Kid from last year’s Spring Ding rookies tournament. He always kept getting as many trophies as he could despite being behind since day one. Patang has the attitude and the heart. He just has to hope someone will face plant and give him the time he needs to produce like he has in the past.

Let us rewind the clock four months, Max, and see where our competitors started at when we began. For the fans at home we’ll break them up bracket by bracket, and for clarity we are adding Jeankarlo to the Yakuza bracket.

Rising Stars Beginning to
    Now
    Patang 12-6% to 12-70%
    BadWolf 9-82% to 12-93%
    Lasombra 9-97% to 14-34%
    Faction 9-40% to 11-47%
    MapleSniper 11-94% to 12-27%

Phoenix
    Frost 13-42% to 20-1%
    Damage 13-36% to 14-97%
    Everlaztin 12-25% to 12-72%
    Heaven 12-55% to 13-85%

Destiny Omega
    Icebrand 19-20% to 20-95%
    Jenkem 18-34% to 25-23%
    LilJay 17-37% to 17-91%
    Jakintosh 17-66% to 19-31%
    Weapon 17-46% to 19-47%
    Brenden 17-9% to 19-35%
    AC 16-88% to 19-43%
    Kelstar 16-0% to 17-95%
    GPete 15-5% to 16-21%

Yakuza
    DJ 23-55% to 26-70%
    Diddle 20-78% to 24-20%
    Jeankarlo 32-78% to 35-51%

Without even having to put up the current numbers we can already pinpoint certain people who have shocking numbers. Off the bat we have the obvious quartet of Jenkem, Frost, Lasombra, and Wolf. But on the other end of the spectrum we have some competitors who have not budged much. MapleSniper, Everlaztin, and LilJay haven’t put up the points they are known for and their levels have hardly changed at all.

Stan Daman has Icebrand standing by after a strong second place showing.

I’m standing here with Icebrand. First, congratulations on second place so far. What are you feeling right now?

I feel good. It hasn't been easy but I'm enjoying the wild ride so far. I may not have won my bracket but I'm proud to have made it this far.

Your bracket is finished but there is still the top ten and the Nation’s Cup invites. How are you liking your chances?

As for my top 10 placing, I'm quietly optimistic about it. Anything can happen but I have momentum on my side.

Four months is a long tournament. What has been the biggest surprise for you over this journey?

The biggest surprise is how dominant Jenkem and Frost have been. No one could have foreseen them crushing their brackets the way they did.

Thanks Icebrand and congrats again on your current placing. Back to you guys in the studio.

Switching gears, the studio has been getting a lot of fan mail about you Max.

I’m not surprised, Skip. I am the biggest personality on TV. Not even Jessie ‘the Body’ Ventura out commentates me.

Humble as always. This is the most intense event I’ve been a part of. What was the most intense event in your career before you became the ‘biggest personality on TV’.

Skippy, you know I am not one to toot my own horn, but it is for the fans. December 2003 when I took home my first of three straight Nation’s Cup team titles. It was the most hyped event of my career because of my legendary rivalry with the Terrain Emperor. Stupid name but he thought the same of mine. He’d always taunt me by calling me Max Platless. We both were the captains of our national teams and the commentators had us dead even. Some picked him, and some picked me to win it, but it was all guess work since no one else won an event that year but the two of us.

The format for the Nation’s Cup that year was a one-day knockout format for teams. One day later the team with the most points moves on. No two out of three, no double-elimination brackets, just quick rapid fire intensity. First we took on the Americans. They came with their A+ game but someone forgot to tell them that it is 2003 and not 1995. My team was locked and loaded with our S+ game. Next came Trinidad and Tobago, who were the shock of the tournament by beating Mexico to make it to the continental finals.

After beating them it was the intercontinental stage. For the new fans who don’t know how the Nation’s Cup team event works, once it reaches the intercontinental stage the winner from each continent gets paired up for a quarter-finals, with the reigning champions getting automatic entry to this stage. Fans and onlookers need to realise one important factor about a competition at this level. Going against the best is a lot easier than going against the underdogs. Championships two and three were easier than the stress we had to go through in this quarter-final because all the traditional powerhouse countries were all defeated. The UK lost to Portugal, the New Zealanders took down the Aussies who were ranked third in the world, and Brazil lost to Peru. On that Peruvian team was the international debut of Jeankarlo, the very same one in this tournament, for the triva buffs out there.

So in the quarters we have the reigning champions Russia taking on Terrain Emperor’s Japanese team, New Zealand facing Canada, Peru taking on South Africa, and Portugal facing Iran. Like I mentioned, facing New Zealand was the toughest battle of my career because we did not know what to expect. They beat the Aussies. All our preparation was spent on beating three teams who our coaching staff pinpointed as the biggest threats: Japan, Australia, and Russia. We didn’t know their game plan, and if not for a three platinum day we would have lost that match. After beating them, beating Portugal was academic as we knew their game plan from the first minute and were proven right, leaving an epic encounter between me and Terrain in the finals.

Tune into the classic coverage of the Nation’s Cup and 90% of that match is a complete trophy by trophy breakdown of what we did. The coach told me to match Terrain’s pace. Team Canada that year was a solid team. The other three guys on the team could hold their own. But the Japanese team was weak. They had Terrain, and MasamuneMuramasa. The other two guys were complete unknowns. For twenty-four straight hours and a hell of a lot of Red Bull between us we broke the single match record for trophies and platinums. It has not been broken to this day at the Nation’s Cup. We finished tied, trophy for trophy. MasaMura put up big numbers too, but the coaching staff paid for some good scouts that year. Their other two teammates couldn’t handle the pressure of the international spotlight. They cracked and my three teammates didn’t, giving us a slight, but oh so sweet championship win.

We at the station apologize but the technical crew is having an off-day. We do not have the exact numbers tallied yet but we have an unofficial top ten for the stage.

AC
    Frost
    Jenkem
    Jakintosh
    DJ
    Brenden
    Damage
    Diddle
    Lasombra
    Icebrand

Again we apologize for not having exact numbers tallied up. The top ten each stage always remains fluid, Max. A new golden controller winner in AC, and last stages winner is not even in the top ten.

This is more proof in the pudding we have the best of the best in this competition. Four stages with four different winners are showing how much quality these players have. Yes, again, the usual suspects in Jenkem and Frost are in the top five, but out goes Diddle and in comes Jakintosh for his first top five stage of the competition. Brenden gets himself back into contention to keep his top ten placing by coming in sixth, and Lasombra makes it back into the top ten with some room to spare after falling out last stage.

Damage stays in the top ten for the third week in a row. His bracket is done but he has had a good tournament so far. With so many Australians in good form in this event the national team manager has a good problem, doesn’t he?

The Australian team is flush with choices. AC, Damage, Kelstar, Brenden, BadWolf and DJ, are all trying to cement a place in the four man national team. This is not even counting Raging Bull and Kerwan who won the May Cup with AC and Kelstar a few months ago. The Australian team has always been a traditional powerhouse, along with Canada, America, and the UK. Not a lot of UK presence in this event, but the Canadian and American managers have been paying major attention to the event. Sources told me scouts have been paying very close attention to Jenkem and Weapon for the American team, and Frost and Lasombra for the Canadian team. We could be seeing a handful of the competitors facing each other soon with national pride on the line.

I’ve gotten word that Stan is standing by with Jenkem and Frost for an exclusive interview after receiving their bracket trophies.

I’ve got two very excited competitors here. Guys, congratulations both of you on winning your brackets. How happy are you right now to be champions?

I feel pretty good about it I guess. All of my hard work will pay off.

It feels nice to bring home the trophy for my bracket. I was nervous at first since everyone was bringing their A game in the first few updates, but I was glad when I slowly took the lead.

How are your chances of bringing home the overall title; the most coveted prize in the tournament?

I said before the goal was never to win my bracket, the goal was to come in first place over everyone in the marathon. Frost is right up my ass and it makes me paranoid. I don’t know if he sleeps and/or has any life at all, but he has been putting in lots of hours and mad work, so I guess I have to give it up to him, even if he is breathing down my fucking neck.

I would try to place #1 overall, but AC and Lasombra are quickly catching up. Jenkem is a fierce competitor, but he hasn't moved much pass the level 25 mark which would hopefully give me some time to play catch up to him.

Thanks for your comments gentleman. Back to you in the studio.

Next up we have one of our new segments being unveiled today called Maximum Points. Max, the name game aside, what is your new segment about?

Skip, I’ll be taking one of the competitors and breaking down three key points he or she needs to focus on. This is not delusion alley. I won’t be taking someone in last place and giving points on how to get first. These are strategies for reasonable goals. So without wasting any more time let us get to it.

This week I will focus on Icebrand. His goal is to survive and finish the competition in the top ten. Right now he is teetering at tenth place. First he needs to throw out the mind games. He is too nice. The two people he will be sitting between need to get a mouthful of trash talk to psyche them out. This is the perfect time because he has said nothing the entire four months. This will shock them since they won’t expect it. Second is he needs to pick up his pace. He was holding a good pace at the start, getting lots of points, but entering stage eleven his production is getting worse and worse. Third, he needs one top three finish. He needs one stage where he puts all or nothing into it because at the pace the top six are going there will not be many stages left. He needs to pick a stage, commit himself, and hope for the best that he can ride it into the finish line.

That wraps up a historic tenth stage, here in the Tokyo Dome. We have seen upsets, thrills, and the best in the world compete for the title of marathon trophy champion. For Max Platinum, I’m Skip Williams, saying good night and good gaming. Don’t forget to tune in later tonight for a special behind-the-scenes episode of the Lasombra Files, the networks #1 hit program.
    Last edited by Lasombra; 08-20-2012 at 06:04 AM.

L

Crocodile Hunter

I wanted to be the first one to say

You have outdone yourself and deserve all the booze sex and drugs thrown your way

Sig by Apokolypz

Sinner and Saint

Quote Originally Posted by Ac3dUd3- View Post
    I wanted to be the first one to say

You have outdone yourself and deserve all the booze sex and drugs thrown your way

Seconded. That was pretty epic.

Very well done all around man.

Sig & Avy by the amazing: apokolypz : PPS Bar by: RaveNScythE18

The Warlord's Path to Platinum

Death to zombies!!

Quote Originally Posted by Achilles_XLII View Post
    Seconded. That was pretty epic.

Very well done all around man.
    This. Thats some great commentary and congrats to evryone thats hit the goals they set

Sig by djunglist
    Platboy bar by Hitmon133

My checklist
    Stu's pot of shinies

Lvl 1 - Bronze

EPIC video and commentary.

Beast Incarnate

Epic vid, epic commentary. These just get better and better

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pilleh View Post
    EPIC video and commentary.
    I agree
    I didn't know bout this, I might have joined in the fun.

Sig by Smashguy

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast