Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

January MotM Interview and Special

This is a discussion on January MotM Interview and Special within the Site & Member Thrown Competitions forum, part of the PS3Trophies.com Headquarters; Sorry, been real busy and running a bit behind with things Spotlight Interview - In2 1. How does it feel ...

Trophy Guide Kitten

January MotM Interview and Special

Sorry, been real busy and running a bit behind with things

Spotlight Interview - In2

1. How does it feel to win Member of the Month?
    Well, honestly it was a shocker. I wasn't even aware that i was nominated and that i've won MOTM until TheGeneral09 told me on MSN.

TG09: Congrats for the MOTM
    In2: I received a nomination?
    TG09: No, you've won foo.
    In2: WTF!!!!

2. How did you come across PS3Trophies.com?
    Hmmmm, that one is hard because i can't really remember, i guess it was probably because i searched for a good guide.

3. With the site reset, how did you feel about all that?
    Which one you're talking about.
    At first pretty annoyed and mad of losing my set of interviews but after a few days you get over it and move on.

4. It's been a few months now since the reset, how do you think the site is doing with its recovery?
    It's slowly heading in the right direction with the implementation of the Chatbar and the Game Night, the recent addition to the Staff are some wise choice, actually rewarding those who deserve it. I guess it would go faster if they would meet the Donation goal every month. More transparency from the Admin would help, we want to know what they are working on and what's coming up next for the site.

This is by no means a rant but an advice to the Admins. Next time someone have a somewhat interesting idea that could bring more members and potentially more donations to the site. Please help him out by any way possible to ensure it's a success. As far as i can remember i never received some thanks or help from the the Staff/Admins to say i was doing something good for the community.

5. You used to do your own interviews on members of the site, why did you decide to do this and what made you stop?
    I'm a bit curious and i love to know about the others, their opinions or thought about something.
    It turned out to be a bit of a challenge to deliver 2 interviews each week for 6 months long.
    In the end it was a pretty decent success, having the privilege to interviews most of known persons at the time.
    Thanks to everybody that have accepted to participate in doing those interviews.

After the reset, i've decided to not bring it back because i was more into sig making than doing interviews. Coincidentally it ended with the interview about me for the 6 month special.

6. What do you do off the site?
    For the last 5 years i was working as a waiter on a small Thai restaurant but due to the lack of hours i recently left. I'm now in the process of finding another job. Beside playing games, i love doing sports, any kind of sports and long as it's not skiing, unless you want a good laugh.

I'm single, i hope to find the right girl and have kids before my 30's.
    I have a cat that is somewhat big, the only thing that she's doing is sleep, eat and meowing to eat even more.

7. What are your most anticipated games for 2012?

Max Payne 3, Darksiders 2, Borderlands 2, Tomb Raider, Bioshock Infinite, Assassin's Creed 3

8. You sure do have a nice platinum count, what was your favorite of all?
    I'd say Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising because it was a pain to complete on Hardcore but still it was very fun to do with some good friends. Honorable mention to Homefront because it's a rare one.

9. What is your favorite genre of games?
    Definitely First Person Shooter, i'm trying pretty much all of them. Nothing more fun than shooting bad guys in the face to let the frustration go away.

10. Shout outs to anyone?
    Honestly it would be too long and i'll probably forget a bunch of persons.
    So anyone that have voted for me in the MOTM. Everybody that have supported and helped me throughout these years. Thank you very much.

Special Interview - Helyx

1. First off, how did you come across this site and what makes you come back everyday?
    I came across this site in March of 2009, after being unsuccessful in finding Peng in Dead Space. The guide swiftly pointed me towards my 2nd platinum.
    I come back daily (or as often as I can) thanks to a great community of people. Whether it's gaming news, trophy guides or just general conversations across the forums, there's always something entertaining to do...especially in the ChatBox.

2. If you could be any part of staff, what would it be and why?
    Wow, any part of the staff? I guess I would be more suited for the Review Team, as I like dissecting a game and its individual pieces and giving my opinions on where they succeeded and failed. I've always wanted to do some type of "Second Opinion" piece in gaming reviews.

3. Helyx, the artist formerly known as DJ_helyx, its kind of a different name for a PSN, but I have seen my fair share of different names. What made you come up with it and would you change it to anything else?
    I've had the handle 'Helyx' for almost 15 years, so I decided to continue the tradition with my PSN ID. Unfortunately, someone else had already claimed the ID, so I added 'DJ' since I was a former DJ/Producer. I didn't find out until later that hyphens and underscores could be used after IDs, but if I had the chance to change it, I'd most likely keep it 'dj_helyx' rather than 'Helyx_' or 'Helyx-'.

4. 64 plats! It seems that you are getting around on the games. Out of your 64 plats, what is your favorite and what is your least favorite? And what is your next plat?
    64 Platinums really is a lot of games, at least for me. My favorite is Dungeon Defenders; It's a brilliant game that brings all my favorite elements of Tower Defense and RPGs together in one unique package.

My least favorite platinum...that's a tough one. Probably F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin - the multi-player was just horrible and getting enough XP for the top rank took well over 100 hours of mindless grinding. I wouldn't wish this platinum on my worst enemy.

5. With the vast amount of video game genres out there, what are you most keen about?
    I'm a huge fan of strategy games, especially Tower Defense. I'm also an avid trivia player, so I enjoy games like Trivial Pursuit and the BUZZ! franchise.

6. With all of the recent changes going onto the site, how are you coping with it all?
    There's been lots of changes to the site, not only cosmetically, but also on the back-end with server hardware upgrades/repairs etc. I haven't been too frustrated with the random downtime or the occasional sluggishness of the site, so I'd say I'm coping fairly well.

7. 2011 was a huge year for releases, but it looks like 2012 is gonna be even bigger. What games are you most looking forward to this year?
    2012 seems to have a lot of games in store for us. I'm really looking forward to Final Fantasy X HD, since the last two installments in the franchise weren't what I expect from development teams like Square and Enix. I'm also excited about Transformers: War for Cybertron 2 and The Last of Us...those games look phenomenal and I can't wait to get my hands on them.

8. From jumping around the site and gaming, what do you do in your free time? (other than gaming)
    While video games consume a large portion of my free time, I also enjoy playing/collecting/trading/selling Magic: The Gathering cards. It's a hobby I picked up when I was a kid, some 18 years ago, and I really enjoy creating new deck concepts and playing them against my friends (and strangers) in tournaments.

I'm also a huge media fan; cinema, music, literature and some television as well.

9. It seems that you are quite known around the site. Do you know anyone on the site in real life?
    Sadly, I don't know hardly anyone from this site in real life. My friend HaVoK lives just a few blocks away, and he's one of my closest friends. I've chatted with allenbird on the phone and occasionally get texts from NeroRadec707.

10. And last but certainly not least, do you want to give any shout outs to anyone on the site?
    Shout outs!? You betcha I do! deep breath

First, the staff here do a fantastic job, and while they may think their efforts go unnoticed or unrewarded, I assure you we're all thankful for what you do for the site.

All the Administrators - Breakpoint, Submerge & Unred - You guys have made a site that I'm happy to visit practically every day, thanks so much!

Those special green Moderators - Licious, Bork & Tommy - thanks for keeping all us knuckle heads in line.

TGT - Antonio, Connie, Davey, Lord Maim, nauGie, Broken & Comp - Your constant efforts to keep the best trophy guides on the planet available for the community are appreciated beyond measure.

News Team - RC, marccap & Chambers - thanks for keeping us in the loop on all things gaming related. I can pretend to know what I'm talking about in social settings now thanks to your informative posts.

Review Team - Gauss, Nag, Shem, Jack, Kerwan, Curse & Curb - while I may not always agree with your reviews, it's nice to have an unbiased opinion on newly released games to help with future game purchases.

The rest of you guys get an alphabetical shout, since you're all equally awesome:

4, Ac3dUd3, allenbird, Artemis, Asuka, Aquard, Aura, Kiwi, BALLZ, Bladia, bodigard, Bounce, Dubya, Carbon Lancer, Crihs, D1mech, D3C1, daftprophet, Dave_Lister, DK, Denaratuck, Deth, djunglist, Keyser, Dork_Slayer, DRAG1M, Ewok, Fox, Geo, gr1my, Himtan, jamm, Jaymon, Jukez, Juzam, Kev, kiona, Kylo, Lee, LinuxSteven, Minarum, NOFORPAIN, pk, Ramon, Schism, SideEffect, Sofa, Subcult, thedevilsminion, S3AN, w1n5t0n, Wargazsem, XN1 & Zeiharu.

If I missed you, then please make a formal complaint with my secretary.

Thank you paperkut and Compalicious for giving me the chance to talk my ass off.
    K? Thanks

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

Congrats to In2 for the MOTM and to Helyx for the special interview.Both were really good reads and very interesting too.I love In2's work and Helyx's post's.Also shout out to Comp for running the show as usual.Keep up the awesome stuff you guys

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

The Bushiest Pig

Helyx mentioned me as Dubya Im so proud
    1st Place - VITA Trophy Guide of the Year, 2012 - Uncharted: Golden Abyss

2nd Place - CB Personality of the Year, 2011

2nd Place - DLC Trophy Guide of the Year, 2011 - Call of Duty: Black Ops Rezurrection

PRO Member

Nice interviews - well done guys

ADMlNlSTRATOR

Great interview In2.

Random Access Memories

Awesome interviews guys! Great read for sure!
    Last edited by daftprophet; 03-29-2012 at 08:23 PM.

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |Sig by Smashguy | GDT bar by
    djunglist|
    |Avy - Daft Punk returns|

Thanks to GDT for hosting awesome competitions!

KCCO!

Great interviews fellas, and nice job keeping it going comp!

I'm somewhat surprised DS wasn't mentioned as Helyx's favourite game of all time.

Nope, nothing

Congratulations on the win In2

And great interview both of you

ADMlNlSTRATOR

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    I'm somewhat surprised DS wasn't mentioned as Helyx's favourite game of all time.
    I don't wanna be known as a one-trick pony, plus after 70+ DS s, I'm kinda getting burned out.

Aussie Furry, Bitch

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

Nice interviews.

Crocodile Hunter

Great interviews guys, and thanks for the shout out...im quite happy being the 1st in the list

Sig by Apokolypz

Since Aug. 09

dj...u are the man! gotta love a good shout out lol. very nice interviews.

Dominate!

In2
    January MOTM

Nice interview Helyx.
    Thanks guys.

Awesome Sig by Beam/Avatar by Me

In2's Endless Dream
    Check my Showcase to see my old/current work.

Follow and watch my latest work.

Chuck Norris Approved.

Congrats In2 and thanks for the shout out Helyx, and Ace only reason you were first is because Helyx knew you would go all Au"ZZ"ie on him if he didn"t.

Avy, Chambers35 Sig, dsluckay

Kronicles of Kup

Love the interview from In2. I had a blast interview Helyx. Thanks for the shout out as usual

Harvester of Souls

Since IN2 won and isn't a pro member it seems, I'mma sub him on the site . Gratz btw on the win . Nice interviews btw and same to Helyx >:F though he left me out his shout outs ;___; as his awesome DS/MTG buddy >:F

HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay

PRO Member

Great interview In2... Well done my man!!!

Avatar & Signature made by dsluckay / GDT bar by djunglist / PPS bar made by RaveNScythE18

Platinum Procrastinator

Great interviews by both In2 and Helyx. I was almost sad there for a second as I was reading the names in alphabetical order and came to Dubya and thought my name wasn't on the list. However, after I wiped away my tears I soon seen my name on the list and now can sleep happily knowing I'm once again popular
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by Denaratuck View Post
    Great interviews by both In2 and Helyx. I was almost sad there for a second as I was reading the names in alphabetical order and came to Dubya and thought my name wasn't on the list. However, after I wiped away my tears I soon seen my name on the list and now can sleep happily knowing I'm once again popular
    Denaratuck ant1th3s1s

There...fixed that for you.

Ever since Helyx went all Hot Emo Guy on us, he's forgotten who his real friends are.
    :sadface: :sniff: :lip trembles: :don't look at me!:

PSN | Steam | XBL | Wii U | 3DS | iOS | OUYA : ant1th3s1s | Checklist of the Year (2012,2013)

Galaxy beauty pirate

I enjoyed reading both interviews and thanks for the shout out Shelyx.
    Sig by Ramon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast