April MotM Interview

This is a discussion on April MotM Interview within the Site & Member Thrown Competitions forum, part of the PS3Trophies.com Headquarters; There is no special this month. I apologize. Member of the Month - Gauss Originally Posted by Compalicious 1. How ...

Trophy Guide Kitten

April MotM Interview

There is no special this month. I apologize.

Member of the Month - Gauss

Quote Originally Posted by Compalicious
    1. How does it feel to win MotM?
    Its always humbling to be recognized by a community of your peers for anything like this.

2. This has been a long time in the making, did you know you had so many "followers"?
    I have friends, not followers. This site is bursting at the seams with good people, and I have made alot of good friends on this site since I joined in the Spring of 2009. I can only aspire to be as good a friend to them as they are to me.

3. You've been on the Review Team since, well, since I can remember, how ya liking it?
    Being on the review team and in the position I am in on it has been an honor and a real treat. I've had the ability over the last few years to write reviews for games I've liked and really be apart of something that is apart of this site.

I hope that with the RT staff, Break, and myself we can really push the RT in the future to be a selling point of the site.

4. After the crash, the site has slowed down a bit, how do you feel about all this?
    I think the crash was the worst event at the worst time. Its unfortunate the site has slowed down, and I (for one) am not a huge fan.

I want this site to be the most successful and used forums for PS3 games and trophies, and I am always willing to offer my ideas and what help I can in my spare time.

Our community now is second to none, and more of the gaming community at large should see that.

5. How do you feel about the small changes going on now with the site?
    To tell you the truth I am not a good judge of these types of changes, most of them I don't notice in any significant way.

I tend to be relatively simple in regards to that stuff, small stuff doesn't get a big reaction out of me (positive or negative).

6. What do you when you are not on the site?
    I am a pretty big nerd, I read a fair amount and goof around with various gadgets and things like Pandaboards. I work with US Robotics FIRST during their build seasons and I do have a full time job doing various engineering research projects for an automotive company's infotainment division.

7. What is your preferred type of game?
    This is a tough one to answer, honestly I like a game that engages me on some level. I strive for games that feel unique or pull an emotional reaction out of me.

I look for compelling stories or gameplay, something that makes me question putting the controller down.

8. You are very knowledgable, how do you know soo much?
    Honestly I have no idea, I spend alot of time reading stuff. I have a teacher's mindset, I like to knowledge dump and like to spend time talking people through my thought process. I think between that and my desire to constantly question and analyze stuff to the point of boredom has lead to the perception of me on the site.

9. Any games you are looking forward to this year?
    I am excited about Dishonored because of the appeal of the concept, I think it has the potential to be truly great and unique.

Aliens: Colonial Marines is up there too. I know its not in this year anymore, but I don't care. I bought my PS2 because of that game before it got cancelled the first time and I am looking forward to this game from one of the franchises that brought me into my love of sci-fi.

10. Shout outs perhaps?
    I am going to take this time to pour some love out for this community.

In no particular order and regardless of whether they are active...

- The Legend Killer/Tommy - You were the first person to welcome me to the site with that stupid Saliva PS3 commercial. You've always been a good, honest dude and one of the best people on this site. Your ability to find attracive japanese women is unparalleled and could take Davey any day. Plus Artemis is a classy catch, lucky dude!

- Bodigard - For being the first person to beat the rules into my head after I tried to write the RA3 guide before having 50 posts, but also for being one of the smartest and fairest guys on this site. You gave me some critical advice when I was dealing with something personal; I appreciated it and I have lots of respect for you man.

- Nagflar - One of the people who defines the oncept of "Old Guard." I don't remember the site before him really, and I don't know if I want to. He is one of the only reasons the chatbox is fun, and he is always one I can rely on to talk to or bullshit with because he knows his stuff, but he also knows what is and is not important. Much like Bounce, I consider him integral to the concept of the "PS3T" sense of humor.

- Chapel - I haven't heard from you in awhile, but you were one of the few people on this site I felt I could talk with in a more academic sense. You and I started our relationship off with a fight about how stupid a business model it would be if MSoft went to giving away 360s with LIVE subscriptions, but you redeemed yourself.

- ant1th3sis - You and I are of a like mind in the sense that we both spend alot of time trying to contribute to the breadth of knowledge of this site. Although you and I don't always see eye-to-eye, I always have to respect your opinion due to how well its thought out. Its also nice to know there are people on this site who don't take gaming too seriously.

- Helyx - The Yin to Nagflar's Yin from my perspective. He is the one of other reasons the chatbox is fun. I can always rely on him to keep it real or to educate me about music. It goes without saying, but Helyx is also one of those guys who gets it. He knows whats real and what isn't and I can always count on him to provide a contrast to my idealism when the situation calls for it. Plus his avatars are always top-notch.

- dr_mayus - Much like Chap or ant1, I've always had respect for you in terms of your knowledge and willingness to contribute a well thought-out opinion to this site regardless of whether its popular. At the same time, your sense of humor keeps the conversations (particularly some I become involved in) grounded with the correct perspective.

- Breakpoint - The real reason, the real drive, behind what makes the RT work and pushes it forward is this member. I respect you beyond measure in terms of your contribution to the site. Although I know the other admins play an important role that I do not play down, you and I have had time over my membership to talk more and build the RT as best we can. Constantly a work in progress, but made all the better because of your desire to get it working.

- ShindaUsagi - Nothing beats a woman with an appreciation and passion for art. You and I have talked about alot from that enjoyment of art, but you're also a girl who likes baseball and the stupidity of various social norms and situations. I've never found myself bored chatting with you; You define beauty both inside and out.

- Peachy - Of course I must follow up Shinda with another woman who defines beauty, Peachy is always a beacon of awesomeness for the site. Regardless of the controversy upon your entry, I've always felt like you do nothing but make the site better. Plus we had some fun conversations about how to spot a "fake girl" online.

- Bounce - If there ever was a sense of humor that defined this site. This man holds that key, or atleast shares it. I can't think of my history with PS3 without remembering various statements and observations by Bounce, nothing made me smile quite like a risque exploit of Bounce.

- Compilacious - Comp is a little complicated... Except when it comes to describing her, then its really just one word: Awesome. She is a big piece of the glue that holds this community together, running competitions like this and encouraging the community to get involved. Comp is always fun, entertaining, and willing to throw out that spark of uniqueness that makes her, her.

- Davey - Davey is someone on this site who didn't just earn my respect, he commanded it. Always there for whatever you need, always there to write a guide or contribute, even though we don't always see eye-to-eye I can honestly say he has the best for the community in mind. I hope he continues to be a staple for this community, and I hope the community recognizes that.

- Gota - Much like Nag or Tommy... or everyone else on this list, you are someone who I define this site by. You were there in the hey-day of the RT and one of the people who really brought that into the bigger picture. You've always been someone whose voice is worth hearing and whose sense of humor makes even the most spam-tacular threads worth reading. I don't mean to sound queer or nothing, but I'd totally have a beer with you.

- Curse - Some people may not know this, but Curse is an idea man on the RT. I respect his ability to dream alot and he is never short on willingness to contribute and make things better. It almost goes without saying, but he makes the RT better. If I was going to be here tomorrow to high five people yesterday, he'd be the first one getting that high five.

- Curb - Gentlemen. Seriously Curb, nothing but love for you. I've always enjoyed bullshitting with you about everything from Mass Effect and games to being almost childish about internet memes and nonsensical social topics. I know you don't always have the time to dedicate to the site that you'd wish, but this site is better with you. You're smart, you're funny, and you know what the fuck you're doing.

- Fusion - Another one of the old guard, like many on this list, you're the only person on this site who has actually gotten me to engage in charity. Something both unique and praiseworthy. Much like Tommy, you were also there right from the beginning as someone who helped bring me into this site.

- Empire of Dirt - You, me, and TLK shared an affinity for Final Fantasy X and that is why I started talking to you, but you're a damn good member and someone who was always willing to help me. I've always appreciated that and have nothing but respect for you.

- JackAttack - You're a fucking goober and, in all reality, silly young, but you're driven and idealist, and I like that. You have a ways to go to grow up, but for what its worth you're one of my dudes and I think you're on track to not being an idiot as an adult.

- Shemhazat - Anybody with Lulu as their avatar has to be a halfway descent person in my book, so you started off well. You're time on the review team has proven to me that you are worth my respect. You're a good writer, reviewer, and member.

- PS360 - Although I consistently disagree with you, to the point where I've had more than a member or two talk about your threads as "Gauss Bait." You do contribute alot to the site and that deserves respect from both me and the rest of the site.

- Kerwan - The resident Lombax of the RT, it has been a privledge working with you in the capacity I have. You've caught some flak for your reviews and always stood your ground when you should. Like every member of the RT you have earned my respect for your personality, opinions, and uniqueness.

My apologies to anyone I missed.
    K? Thanks

Galaxy beauty pirate

Great read! Gotta love the well thought out answers.
    I especially enjoyed reading the shout-outs. A whole story for every person, that's just awesome! +rep

I don't recognise all members by name.. Reading all shout outs about them kinda make me wish I joined this site in 2009 instead of 2010. :/
    Sig by Ramon

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

I know everyone thinks highly of this chap but i know very little about him and this was a great read to find out a bit more.Congrats on winning mate,well done

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

All out of bubblegum.....

Sounds like this winner is well deserved based on his answers. I like how the site/forums is more than just PS3. Very glad I joined up.
    Scogg34's House of Splatter
    Avy/Sig by the Awesome Stupot

Nope, nothing

Good read and congratulations on the win Gauss

Shame there's no special this month

illegal in 9 countries

Myself aside (I'm just another arrogant, opinionated, immature ass), I couldn't think of a better shout out list.

To the old guard, some of whom are no longer with us (come back Chap and Gota!), I salute you
    And to the new guard, and those still with us

PSN | Steam | XBL | Wii U | 3DS | iOS | OUYA : ant1th3s1s | Checklist of the Year (2012,2013)

Resident PHD

Thanks for the shout out (always nice to be appreciated by one of the most respected members on the site). As someone who has voted for you more times than I can remember I am glad you finally won (although ironically I didn't vote for you this time )

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Legendary...Nuff Said

Great interview, Gauss! Actually some answers that I could tell were elaborately thought out.

I also appreciate the shoutout lol. I'm glad to know that you don't think I'll grow up and be an idiot.

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

Aussie Furry, Bitch

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

Awesome interview. It was a long time coming, but well worth it.

And thanks for the mention. Knowing that I've earned your respect and in your view stood my ground and done the RT a great service means a lot to me. Cheers.

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by JackAttack View Post
    Great interview, Gauss! Actually some answers that I could tell were elaborately thought out.

I also appreciate the shoutout lol. I'm glad to know that you don't think I'll grow up and be an idiot.
    I liked the "think" disclaimer.
    That and "Gauss Bait" were the golden nuggets of the interview.

PSN | Steam | XBL | Wii U | 3DS | iOS | OUYA : ant1th3s1s | Checklist of the Year (2012,2013)

Platinum Procrastinator

Finally Gauss gets his spotlight. I couldn't agree more about Chapel coming back but sadly, I don't think he visits the site anymore
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

ADMlNlSTRATOR

Awesome read...I expected nothing less.

...oh, and thanks for the shout.

Kiwi Defender

Amazing shout out list. Brought back many good memories of all those silly threads we used to have and love.

Quote Originally Posted by Chambers35 View Post
    Shame there's no special this month
    Any idea why? I am surprised there's no special interview to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by ant1th3s1s View Post
    To the old guard, some of whom are no longer with us (come back Chap and Gota!), I salute you
    To the ancient ones. They may be lost, but not forgotten .

Quote Originally Posted by Denaratuck View Post
    Finally Gauss gets his spotlight. I couldn't agree more about Chapel coming back but sadly, I don't think he visits the site anymore
    Neither do some others from the shot outs, yet it's good to always remember them.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Random Access Memories

Damn I missed this the first time around...congrats Gauss. Well deserved. Even though I've only been around since '10, I remember some of those members who are no longer with us. It's a shame that the reset did that much damage. Very much enjoyed this interview.

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |Sig by Smashguy | GDT bar by
    djunglist|
    |Avy - Daft Punk returns|

Thanks to GDT for hosting awesome competitions!

PRO Member

Congrats Gauss, and a good interview there aswell, as it was said that was a great shoutout list to read through

It is a shame there was no special interview though

PRO Member

Great done congra mate and the interview was nice done