Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

August MotM Interview and special

This is a discussion on August MotM Interview and special within the Site & Member Thrown Competitions forum, part of the PS3Trophies.com Headquarters; I understand we are a bit late, but with the site having problems it's what needed to be done. So ...

Trophy Guide Kitten

August MotM Interview and special

I understand we are a bit late, but with the site having problems it's what needed to be done. So better late than never

Spotlight Interview - Connman88

1. How did you find ps3t.com?
    I found this site when i was looking for a guide to get some GTA4 and uncharted trophies and that was nearly 3 years ago and i still remember it.

2. What makes you keep coming back?
    The community here is fantastic, you'll see me a lot of the time hanging in the CB just chatting about anything really, i have made some good friends whilst i have been in there and its the reason all i did was stay in the Chatbox for so long, if you haven't checked it out you should defiantly do so, lots of "characters" in there. Plus i prefer the layout of the site and the guides are great too, why would i go any where else?

3. Well, with the whole switch over,losing everything mis hap that has happened, how do you feel about it?
    I usually don't like change, but i see this as a new beginning to improve on all the mistakes in the past and stride forward to make this site a leader again. (wow that was cheesy) It was disheartening to hear at first i will admit though but shit happens, and the staff here are working hard to rebuild the site once more, i don't know what I'd do without this place, we can all help out each other, positive thinking

4. Explain to people how Connman88 came about.
    Well, its a long story. When i was back in high school in one of my Physical Education lessons, there was one of those popular vocal kids and he was trying to make new nicknames for everyone in the class. He went around the class combining our surnames with "man" at the end and when he got to me, well it fit perfectly since my surname is Connelly and from that day forth i was named connman in every PE lessons, even the teachers started to call me it too. It was also my nickname at when i played football a lot too it spread like wildfire. I also picked 88 over my actual year of birth (92) since i wanted to pretend to be over 18 when sigining up to psn, i was young Little side note i have a football shirt with connman 88 on the back

5. How do you like your job as "TGT"?
    I know alot of people who want to be TGT, but you do a lot of work, more so with the site going down it eats into your gaming time. But i enjoy it, i like contributing to the site i like doing the work and put the effort into the site to try and make it the best as possible and do the best job i can for the site as well , better than me sitting in the CB talking about random stuff for 8+ hours a day when i can do something more to help the site too.

6. What is your favorable genre of game?
    FPS, without a shadow of a doubt, if you know anything about me it'll be probably that i LOVE FPS games i like to play them all. Don't get me wrong though i like to play a large variety of games like RPGs, Free roam, Action/adventure, hack and slash, sport. But I play call of duty the most and other fps games, i think its mostly because its the games i play the best at and if you're good at it, odds are you like to play it too.

7. Future holds a lot of upcoming games, any you are interested in?
    MW3, FIFA12, Uncharted 3, Dark souls, and Disgaea4 probably they are the big ones that i will spend most of my winter on they are also probably my favorite series of games to now that i look at it apart from DS sorry guys But mostly MW3 as you may know from looking upwards you'll see i'm a bit of a call of duty freak and i can't wait to play the new MW hopefully they won't screw it up like the last one ..... Also gonna mention timesplitters 4 as i LOVE the timesplitters series i mean monkeys with dual machine guns!!!!! PRO cannot wait for that game, i think its going to be coming out in 2012 some time

8. You and these Jaffa Cakes, explain to those what they are and why you love them.
    Now if you see me in the CB a lot you'll know i love jaffa cakes, could eat them all day long and would never get bored, i average 6 a day. But they are only sold in the UK so most of the site being american don't know what a jaffa cake is or has never tried one before. With a chocolate topping, orange jelly in the middle and a sponge base So tasty

9. Princess Connie, I know there's a story behind the name, what better place to tell it then here.
    Hehe how did i know that this would come up again Well here we go, my nickname on here is connie or conn mostly so thats already a very female name to start off with, But princess connie was started like 3/4 months back, many things happened in the Chatbox like AF called me princess conniesula and comp started to make jokes that i was her princess too and then lee made me a avatar with Princess connie on and it just kinda sealed the deal right there, so i just went with the flow and jack made a princess peach sig to match my avatar and things just carried on and even now some people call me a princess But yeah i'm a guy, sorry guys All fun and games right?

10. Spot for some shout outs.
    Firstly wanna thank everyone that i have ever met in the CB you're all s Got to shout out to Comp, she is very helpful with lots of personal things off the site and has become one of my greatest friends that i can trust, also give a shout out to Bushpig for being my zombie slayer, Geo, lee and hitman are too cool too naugie my coop partner in many coop games and a great buddy. Linux EP and AF and Sam (even though he never comes on here) Veterans of the site and very quality people with great personalities and everyone that i have ever played a game with its been an awesome experience and i'm glad that i have talked with such awesome people Just to make sure i haven't missed anyone... YOU READING THIS I LIKE YOU

Thanks for everything Don't be shy....unlike me and send me a pm or chat in CB!

Spotlight - NOFORPAIN
    By Paperkup

1. How did you come up with your PSN ID and PS3T.com thread ID?
    Well It was a few years ago... I was into playing C&C Tiberium Sun on PC. Everytime my clan would play we would just destroy the other teams and when they would lose always type "NOOOOOOOOOO!" in the chat. And my motto was "Bringing the Pain." I looked and put those little facts together to make my callsign which has stuck around for all these years!

2. Being the Special Interview for this month, on a scale of 1-10, how surprised are you?
    9 I always wanted to be but was like "Doubt that will happen!"

3. How did you come to find PS3T.com?
    Well I got my PS3 for myself in 09 for my B-day. During my first game I bought(Killzone2) I saw a trophy I couldn't figure out how to get... Went to google and this site popped up first. Like the idea and signed up right away!

4. With the amount of huge changes happening to the site, how are you coping with it and what are you doing to keep sanity?
    Well I am sad to see all of the great information that myself and other have shared over the years disappear, but hope we can all come together and bring this site back to its former glory. I am now just trying to get in touch with old friends and get my profile back in order.

5. With the huge amount of games coming up in the next month or so, what are you looking forward to and why?
    Well after platting Dead Island last night and working now on the GoWrigins, I have a few more in the preorder que... Including Assassin's Creed:Revelations, Batman:Arkham City, Uncharted 3, Bioshock Infinite and Final Fantasy XIII-2. Most of them are continuing games that I have plated and loved so far so more is always good!

6. What is your gaming genre of choice?
    This is a hard question... I have no real "favorite genre" but more of a love of a good story in my games. I do however seem drawn toward RPG type games for this reason as I am somewhat of a completion freak also but many other types pick up with a good story with great action as well!

7. What is your biggest gaming influence and why?
    Well technically my dad. He got me my NES when I was only 3 and a gameboy 2 years later. Considering I beat Zelda at the age of 5 must have meant I was destined to be good! But he still plays while asking me for tips and good titles to grab as well. I love when we can coop a game still.

8. When you're not on PS3T.com or gaming, what do you like to do in your free time (or not so free time)?
    I do game alot to unwind from life, but aside from work I also like to go out with friends and go to concerts and such. The beach has always been a fav spot to just relax and family is also pretty important to me. Music is my love tho so the concerts are probably the biggest action. I have see well over 100 bands now! Many multiple times.

9. What came first, the chicken or the egg?
    I would say the road... Cuz when the chicken crossed it and almost got hit he layed an egg and there ya go!

10. Alright, all funny business aside, is there anyone on the site that you would like to give a shout-out to?
    Definitely! First off, eburkulosis, he was my first real interaction with someone on site. We boosted the glitchy as hell Ghostbusters and got it done. We have been playing together ever since and he remains one of my fave people to play with to this day. Next oscar_383 (if thats still his username), He is also one of the best boost and coop partners you could meet. I also want to throw out a shoutout to my girl, PinkStar817. I hope she signs back up for the new site too! And lastly to ABSTRACT and all my other fellow Perfect Plat Streak members. Keep up the great work guys and if you are a PPS holder or are interested to try and be then join us wont you?! http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/gr...um-streak.html
    Last edited by Compalicious; 09-29-2011 at 03:37 PM.

The Bushiest Pig

Great interview you 2 and I'm Conn's zombie slayer

Prayer Warrior

great pair of interviews. i always enjoy learning about our members.

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Awww!! I feel special for the shout out! But enjoyed reading about you...(you and your big ego)! I heart you!!!

Legendary...Nuff Said

Nice interviews. I really enjoyed reading both of them, especially Connward's!

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

Bringing the PAIN

Well I may never be MoTM but I got my interview!

Lvl 4 - Silver

Question which one are you in phot's

Sig By Apokolypz

Mista J

really great interviews guys

Avy by: DaRe_xLw| Awesome Sig by:Beam|Aka bar by:Athena
    Gifts From Friends:
    Alison | Beam & Kid | TG09

Check out the shop- Deja View Sigs

Lvl 9 - Gold

nice interview got something to do when im bored

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

great interviews from both of you guys

Notorious K.I.D.

Fantastic interviews guys, love reading these.
    Avatar by Djunglist---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Signature by Beam

PRO Member

Good stuff, thanks!

In2
    January MOTM

Nice interviews there, was fun to learn how Connman got his Princess name.

Awesome Sig by Beam/Avatar by Me

In2's Endless Dream
    Check my Showcase to see my old/current work.

Follow and watch my latest work.

Banned

Two great interviews. Conny and NFP are two of my favorite people to play with on the site. I'm glad they got a some recognition.

Aussie Furry, Bitch

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

Interview, loved reading about you guys.

Retired TrophyGuide Ninja

Awesome interviews! Thanks for the shout out conn, playing coop with you is always just

Retired TGT Member

Nice interviews. Congrats to both

PRO Member

I always like conn since I first chatted with him, he is very helpful and polite and extremely knowledgeable, that was an extremely good interview and I feel like I know conn a lot better now then before so great job and great job on the site everyone, there truly is no better place to be then here.

Nope, nothing

Thanks for sharing guys enjoyed reading them...

Conn...JAFFA CAKES

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Well done to the both of ye.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast