Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Site Platinum Race #1 - Metal Gear Solid 4

This is a discussion on Site Platinum Race #1 - Metal Gear Solid 4 within the Site & Member Thrown Competitions forum, part of the PS3Trophies.com Headquarters; haikai just got the plat so one more to go...

PRO Member

haikai just got the plat so one more to go

Platmate Editor in Chief

Quote Originally Posted by Kid_Loser View Post
    Just a suggestion for next time...

It should be done by sign-ups. That way people do not come along sign up on the site, get a few posts in, win the award, then never come back again. Have a 50 post minimum as well, so we know people who win it will more than likely still be apart of the site. Somebody who really isn't apart of the community shouldn't necessarily win imo. Even if they got it first.

I'm sure you can also put this in the yellow box at the top, like we have when major trophy guide calling comes up. That way more people will see it.
    You have to have a minimum amount of posts to be eligible for site awards on the site, so if someone isnt eligible for this and they get plat they wont be receiving the award and I will move on to the next person

Figured that would be common knowledge....not enough posts for the award....not eligible for the race...I'll add it in so everyone knows

Quote Originally Posted by Marccap View Post
    haikai just got the plat so one more to go
    Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    Neither of these people have the minimum posts for this award SO, the plat race still has 3 available spots

Legend...Nuff Said

Quote Originally Posted by DaveyHasselhoff View Post
    You have to have a minimum amount of posts to be eligible for site awards on the site, so if someone isnt eligible for this and they get plat they wont be receiving the award and I will move on to the next person

Figured that would be common knowledge....not enough posts for the award....not eligible for the race...I'll add it in so everyone knows

Neither of these people have the minimum posts for this award SO, the plat race still has 3 available spots

What if one of those two people get the 50 posts before someone else gets the plat?

L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My first novel can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

Platmate Editor in Chief

Quote Originally Posted by Lasombra View Post
    What if one of those two people get the 50 posts before someone else gets the plat?
    They had to have the minimum posts at the time of getting plat to be eligible for the contest....

Resident PHD

But you do say in the OP

Everyone playing the game is eligible for this Platinum Race! There is no need to sign up. The winners will be real simple, 1st, 2nd and 3rd to Plat the game are the winners.
    So 50 posts or not they were the 1st and 2nd place winners.

I am not trying to cause problems, but next time I think a sign up sheet would just be simpler.

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Kiwi Defender

They had to have the minimum posts at the time of getting plat to be eligible for the contest....
    What happens if, say, they get the plat and a few hours later they get their 50th post ?

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Platmate Editor in Chief

Quote Originally Posted by dr_mayus View Post
    But you do say in the OP

So 50 posts or not they were the 1st and 2nd place winners.

I am not trying to cause problems, but next time I think a sign up sheet would just be simpler.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    What happens if, say, they get the plat and a few hours later they get their 50th post ?
    This isnt that hard....if you arent eligible for Site Awards you arent eligible for the Plat Race >:F tthere are no "What ifs" its plain and simple....

Kiwi Defender

This isnt that hard....if you arent eligible for Site Awards you arent eligible for the Plat Race >:F tthere are no "What ifs" its plain and simple....
    Stop evading our questions )))))))))))))))))))))))):O!

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Legend...Nuff Said

Actually it is complicated because even your addition of a minimum post requirement completely contradicts the previous statement above it saying the first, second, and third to get it will get the prize. Well, 2 already got it, they just need the post count. By excluding those two even when they get the post count means someone has to be watching the leaderboards like a hawk to make sure whoever gets the plat next doesn't fudge their posting numbers.

L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My first novel can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

The One and Only

You guys giving Davey a hard time, do it again he'll unleash his green powers on you guys and create his 666th post. (He now has 665).

On topic: Good luck to everyone who's trying to win this race. Hopefully we have people who are eligible of a site trophy and get the plat fast enough so they can be winners!

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist back in contruction!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop with knuckle and Bladia, currently taking requests!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Crocodile Hunter

You cant change the rules at the end of the comp. They won fair and square.

Sig by Apokolypz

Chuck Norris Approved.

Damn next time get a box of crayons and break it down toddler level Davey so people can understand a simple as fuck concept. Common sense, 50 post's are needed to get site awards. That goes for any site trophie/award. Also it has been stated you need the 50 post before you synch which once again is common sense. Stop nit pickin and making shit far more difficult then need be.

Avy, Chambers35 Sig, dsluckay

Platmate Editor in Chief

Quote Originally Posted by Lasombra View Post
    Actually it is complicated because even your addition of a minimum post requirement completely contradicts the previous statement above it saying the first, second, and third to get it will get the prize. Well, 2 already got it, they just need the post count. By excluding those two even when they get the post count means someone has to be watching the leaderboards like a hawk to make sure whoever gets the plat next doesn't fudge their posting numbers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ac3dUd3- View Post
    You cant change the rules at the end of the comp. They won fair and square.
    You know what, on second thought you guys are right, these three have a combined post count of 34 between the three of them but may someday get to that 50 post count and get their awards.

Congrats to the winners on a hard earned platinum

Contest is now over...it was a complete failure...no site awards issued...everyone's happy
    Last edited by DaveyHasselhoff; 08-12-2012 at 07:00 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12