View Poll Results: Should this style of my Competition replace the original version

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep The Original Design

3 30.00%
  • Swap it for this new Design

5 50.00%
  • WTF man nobody cares what you do

2 20.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

#2 GDT's Cryptic Ancient Text Competition

This is a discussion on #2 GDT's Cryptic Ancient Text Competition within the Site & Member Thrown Competitions forum, part of the PS3Trophies.com Headquarters; Closed Due To Inactivity Javro_07 choose the word ANGUS for his love of AC/DC this is what I used to ...

Six Weeks Off Work

#2 GDT's Cryptic Ancient Text Competition

Closed Due To
    Inactivity

Javro_07 choose the word ANGUS for his love of AC/DC
    this is what I used to make this new phrase with.

Anfractuous, Nugatory
    Grith Usitative, Sanguivorous

Last edited by great_daze_tazer; 10-04-2012 at 04:05 AM.

GDT RIP Biggest
    Competition of 2013
    Will be drawn very soon

GDT RIP Competitions
    On holidays and will resume on February 1st 2014

Now Playing
    Final Fantasy XIV:
    A Realm Reborn

Six Weeks Off Work

GDT's Cryptic Hall Of Fame

Javro_07

Rubricate - To Mark In Red
    Inferiae - Offering Made To The Spirit Of The Dead
    Palingenesis - Rebirth

Toggle Spoiler

Last edited by great_daze_tazer; 09-12-2012 at 10:36 PM.

GDT RIP Biggest
    Competition of 2013
    Will be drawn very soon

GDT RIP Competitions

Now Playing
    Final Fantasy XIV:
    A Realm Reborn

All out of bubblegum.....

This looks fucking awesome. I don't think I fully understand the contest as of yet... but thats probably because I just woke up a few minutes ago. Can't wait to enter into this.
    Scogg34's House of Splatter
    Avy/Sig by the Awesome Stupot

Galaxy beauty pirate

It looks like Santa Claus just arrived.
    It still looks a bit confusing to me, but I'm sure it will all make sense when people will give their opinion on this and join the contest.

This thread definitely deserves a lot of interest. You should generate some interest by keeping this thread alive, link it in CB, post on people's walls etc. Seriously, who doesn't like to win games & PSN cards.
    I will make sure to inform my servants as well.
    Sig by Ramon

Six Weeks Off Work

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
    It looks like Santa Claus just arrived.
    It still looks a bit confusing to me, but I'm sure it will all make sense when people will give their opinion on this and join the contest.

This thread definitely deserves a lot of interest. You should generate some interest by keeping this thread alive, link it in CB, post on people's walls etc. Seriously, who doesn't like to win games & PSN cards.
    I will make sure to inform my servants as well.
    thank you very much it's appreciated alot. I have been awake for over 96hrs now insomnia bites. my walls are moving (not really) but seams like it so it probably is confusing to most & when I do finally get some sleep I will look at it & shake my head thinking WTF was I thinking as there is alot of unneeded material in there

This is a Permanent Thread & that was also a big part in my deciding to put 3 separate contests in there so it might attract a bit more attention to the site & I am already thinking of more prizes & comps that I could add for you guys

I have actually never once typed something in the CB i'm a slow typist & have to proof read everything before I post it I was never the computer type that was Nicole & both our daughters they know so much about computers

To me the best tool for a computer is a hammer & the bigger the hammer the better

GDT RIP Biggest
    Competition of 2013
    Will be drawn very soon

GDT RIP Competitions

Now Playing
    Final Fantasy XIV:
    A Realm Reborn

Legendary...Nuff Said

Sorry dude, but honestly, I have no idea what you're saying in any of these. I guess it's some sort of competition, but that's all I can pull out of this. The random pictures, strange ways of text, and more are throwing me off.

If you want to organize a competition, then make it clear, clean, and concise and get to the point. At the moment there's too much clutter here and I just don't know what's going on.

Maybe try a wiki format to make things clean, and brush up on how you write. Obviously in your regular posts you seem literate, but not nearly as much as in the original post.

Sorry if this comes off as harsh, but yeah.

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

ADMlNlSTRATOR

Quote Originally Posted by scoggs34 View Post
    I don't think I fully understand the contest as of yet.
    I'm wide awake and still don't understand what's going on.

Lvl 5 - Silver

If you want this competition to be taken seriously, I would suggest improving your grammar so that people can understand the message you are trying to convey. Here's a website that looks like it may help: Daily Grammar - Improve your writing with our free grammar lessons.

Good luck with the competition, it looks great (other than that small aspect I mentioned above)!

Six Weeks Off Work

Quote Originally Posted by JackAttack View Post
    Sorry dude, but honestly, I have no idea what you're saying in any of these. I guess it's some sort of competition, but that's all I can pull out of this. The random pictures, strange ways of text, and more are throwing me off.

If you want to organize a competition, then make it clear, clean, and concise and get to the point. At the moment there's too much clutter here and I just don't know what's going on.

Maybe try a wiki format to make things clean, and brush up on how you write. Obviously in your regular posts you seem literate, but not nearly as much as in the original post.

Sorry if this comes off as harsh, but yeah.
    I asked for the CnC at least you gave me some as I knew I would have screwed up but I couldn't see the prob but what's why I asked for the opinion of yourself & others as others will always see things that I would normally overlook

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    If you want this competition to be taken seriously, I would suggest improving your grammar so that people can understand the message you are trying to convey. Here's a website that looks like it may help: Daily Grammar - Improve your writing with our free grammar lessons.
    Good luck with the competition, it looks great (other than that small aspect I mentioned above)!
    I dont need grammar lessons but I do need sleep 96 hours awake will make most people not care about the things they do

It will be a different situation come 1st the first day of the comp because I would have corrected all my wrong doings with taking into account what people told me to fix because thats how I learn

GDT RIP Biggest
    Competition of 2013
    Will be drawn very soon

GDT RIP Competitions

Now Playing
    Final Fantasy XIV:
    A Realm Reborn

Player Hater

Hey GDT, I'm gobsmacked by the effort put into this. I don't fully understand what is going on yet, as I have only spent a couple of minutes reading through, but I believe that's entirely the point. What is clear is that the competitions are going to be quite cryptic and involve a lot of deciphering to have any chance of emerging victorious. It will be a challenge. My only piece of feedback is to stick to your guns and don't be swayed too much by naysayers- the prizes on offer are unbelievably generous and I would hope the effort required to attain them would require a significant amount of thought. I might not have a chance of winning anything, but that's OK by me. I'm interested as hell in finding out more and seeing how all this shit unfolds...

PS. Looking forward to posting a sacrificial slaughter sometime soon... All praise be unto thine Dread Omega.

Crocodile Hunter

This looks great mate, dnt quite understand it yet but ill compete one i know how

I will also talk to sub and see if i can get this on the front page There are a few things i think should also be up there as well lol

Sig by Apokolypz

Roo Commander

All I understand is drinking and no sleep lol.

This has great potential and hopefully it works out well

In2
    January MOTM

Didn't understood a thing, sorry.

Can you briefly translate what it is?

Awesome Sig by Beam/Avatar by Me

In2's Endless Dream
    Check my Showcase to see my old/current work.

Follow and watch my latest work.

illegal in 9 countries

Sorry mate, that made no sense at all. It's generous of you to run the comps, but you seem to be overly ambitious and have made it too hard to understand what we're supposed to do. Try to keep it simple and explain the rules in 100 words or less using bullet points. If you can't do that, don't bother, it'll be doomed from the outset.

Instead of confusing things further with four comps in the one post, create separate threads for each. Or maybe just run one monthly comp at a time with a grand prize twice a year for a special comp that month. Four concurrent comps will be a ball-ache to manage, let alone follow, in one thread.

Please accept Jack and Ryan's criticism as constructive instead of dismissing it. I know you'd like to think your grammar is ok, but its really not easy to understand. Perfect grammar isn't necessary, but if you want folks to understand your competitions, try running your text through Microsoft Word's grammar check to tidy it up a bit.

Use capitals, commas, full stops, short sentences and paragraph breaks to improve improve readability. Making a small amount of effort to improve your grammar will encourage more people to participate and reduce the support you'll need to provide to the thread. Seriously, is it that hard to end a sentence with a full stop and start the next with a capital?

Six Weeks Off Work

This is new territory for me as I have never tried making & hosting a competition before the Aug GDT R.I.P. Comp & it was a good comp but I thought it lacked appeal & excitment

I will be the first to say "I still have alot to learn." but at least i'm making a effort by stepping out of my Comfort Zone, to try & create something totally Epic & Unique for the entertainment of all. This ended up being a failure yes but everybody makes mistakes & this is 1 of mine & as the saying goes, Learn from your mistakes for it's better to try & fail than to do nothing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by In2 View Post
    Didn't understood a thing, sorry.

Can you briefly translate what it is?
    You can call it whatever you want:

Epic Fail
    The Rambling of a Madman
    Stupid
    Shit
    Pathetic
    Whatever take your pick there is no wrong answer

<------------------ OP Sorry again everyone & I promise that when I remodel this comp it will be understandable & wont make you

GDT RIP Biggest
    Competition of 2013
    Will be drawn very soon

GDT RIP Competitions

Now Playing
    Final Fantasy XIV:
    A Realm Reborn

PRO Member

Atleast you're taking it with a light-heart

You can tell that you're trying to give a lot to the site and the members, but it's just so overcomplicated that it's just gonna hinder people getting interested and is making the whole thing go down hill.

Go for something simpler, even something like 'advertise PS3T in the most unique way' is still (from what I can tell from the OP) doing the same thing that you want to do, you're still handing out prizes and it's gonna generate more interest

Resident Deadhead

cryptic messages from an insomniac.....

im pretty sure you kill people now
    I Grew up a Fuckin Screw-Up, Got introduced to the Game, got an ounce and Fuckin Blew Up.

Only the Good Die Young, so I'll be here Awhile

So says Mr. Stewart

Very interesting competition! I like it and will definitely try!

Sig by PixieofDarkness
    Platbar by djunglist

My trophy checklist

Latest :

The Last of Us

PRO Member

Are we looking for like a 3 word translation or a sentence thats grammatically correct or is it just going to be a phrase that kinda goes together but isn't grammatically accurate?

If it's in the OP (i might of overlooked it) or if it's something you don't want to tell I apologise for asking.

You fixed this comp up alot GDT

Now to see what i can come up with.
    Sig and Avy made by Achantion

GDT's Bar by djunglist

Six Weeks Off Work

it's just going to be a phrase that kinda goes together but isn't grammatically accurate? This is the one mate

grammatically accurate sentences would be googles best friend so it wouldn't be hard anymore

GDT RIP Biggest
    Competition of 2013
    Will be drawn very soon

GDT RIP Competitions

Now Playing
    Final Fantasy XIV:
    A Realm Reborn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast