July Spotlight Interview

This is a discussion on July Spotlight Interview within the Site & Member Thrown Competitions forum, part of the PS3Trophies.com Headquarters; Spotlight - U.M.A_Mailman How does it feel to win MotM? Winning Member of the Month feels great because it makes ...

Trophy Guide Kitten

July Spotlight Interview

Spotlight - U.M.A_Mailman
    1. How does it feel to win MotM?
      Winning Member of the Month feels great because it makes me feel good knowing that i've helped out on the site in some way.
    2. How did you find the site?
      I was able to find the site through one of my friends in real life and former member here RockSauron who told me about the site.
    3. How did you come up with your previous user name as well as the one you are using now?
      My former username azbgamer was just the first 3 letters in it being my initials and gamer added to the end. As for my current username I got that from a friend in high school as a nickname and have used it ever since.
    4. what makes you stay on the site?
      The reason why I stay on the site is because of the people here and the friends I've made here since I joined back in December 2008.
    5. Was going to ask your proudest platinum....but ....so what's your favorite game so far?
      My favorite game so far is actually not one game, but a series. I really like the Uncharted series. I really like it because I find the story for it entertaining. My favorite game out of the series though is Uncharted 2 because the story was good and I like the multiplayer in it.
    6. You've actually been on the site before the crash, a long time too if I remember, how do you feel about the crash and the way the site is going now?
      Yes I have been on the site since December 2008 when I was azbgamer, so yes I was here before the site crash. My thoughts on the crash was that I was a little mad, but moved on from it. I guess it doesn't bother me anymore because I've used the site crash to start over and allow people to know me better. Back then when I was azbgamer, I was always in the Chatbox, but I hardly talked. As U.M.A._Mailman19 I have become more social in the chatbox, so people have gotten to know me better. As for how the site is now, I think it is looking really good. Yes I have been on the site since December 2008 when I was azbgamer, so yes I was here before the site crash. My thoughts on the crash was that I was a little mad, but moved on from it. I guess it doesn't bother me anymore because I've used the site crash to start over and allow people to know me better. Back then when I was azbgamer, I was always in the Chatbox, but I hardly talked. As U.M.A._Mailman19 I have become more social in the chatbox, so people have gotten to know me better. As for how the site is now, I think it is looking really good.
    7. What do you do for a living?
      I go to school right now, and when not in school I am currently looking for a job or a school
    8. Do you have a favorite genre of game you prefer to play?
      My favorite genre of games I love to play are action-adventure games. I also like to play first-person shooter games which is my second favorite genre.
    9. Any games you are excited for?
      Yes there are some games I am excited for that are coming out this year and next year. The main game I am excited for that comes out this year is Assassin's Creed 3. As for next year i'm excited for games like Dead Space 3, Bioshock Infinite, and Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance which all come out in my birthday month. I'm even more excited for Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance since I found out that it comes out exactly on my birthday which is 2/19. There are other games I'm excited for that come out next year, but those are just a few.
    10. Shout out time
      As for a shout out I'd like to thank people such as NeroRadec707 for being a good friend to me on the site and always finding a way to make me and other people happy in the chatbox. I'd like to thank Marccap and SideEffect for helping me when I had a question that was News Team related. Schism, MafiaBrett, Vulgar, DaRe Ashes2Ashley00, Conn, and Mr. Sanduckey i'd like to thank you guys for always making our Skype calls soo much fun and for being good friends. Finally I would like to thank Comp for all the stuff she has done to help me on News Team.

Spotlight - Lasombra

1. First and foremost, how did you find PS3trophies.com?
      I found the site by accident. If I remember correctly I was reading something about the PSN level being upped from 50 to whatever it is now, and reading about Hakoom. Lots of people were talking about how he was a cheater, and I like to get to the bottom of something before judging. I was searching for anything I could find on it, and found a thread about it on this site. At first I was just a viewer, and didn't post anything. But at the time I made an account I was working at a South Korea elementary school teaching English, so I had a lot of free time on my hands and thought, why not? I'll start posting.
    2. What makes you come back day in and day out and why choose this site over any other trophy site?
      What makes me come back is the friends I've made from here, and the community. I've looked at other sites and nothing clicked for me, but here it just did as I found myself, pre-signing up, just coming back again and again to read stuff. Other sites, at the time, just seemed to have more douchebaggery going on, or their forums were just a pain to navigate. I'd name names but I don't know what sites the censor's here censor, so I'll leave it to people's imagination.
    3. You seem to be very well liked around the forums because of all of your interviews and great commentary in various tourney. How come your doing all of these interviews?
      You know Kut, I do it because I enjoy writing. A dream of mine is to become a published author but for some reason the idea of writing a 300 page book that could end up getting rejected by every publisher takes the fun out of it for me. Iím a goal oriented person. I like to know and see there is a finish line. When the idea came up about doing interviews I snatched at it and put my passion to work. The immediate feedback keeps me energized to keep one-upping myself and bringing the fans and viewers the best interviews on the site.

The commentaries were just a spur of the moment idea. I just thought itíd be cool to get something going instead of just a list of names and nothing but tumbleweeds between updates. I started with the May Cup Open, but it wasnít the first competition I was in. The current marathon tournament was a ghost town, and I didnít want to see Goalís efforts put to waste, like I thought BadWolfís were before I started doing commentaries for it. Youíd be surprised how many people forgot about that marathon competition until I posted the commentaries on their wall to spur interest. Thankfully the community enjoys the commentaries, and I love writing them.

The interviews I was used to because in high school and university I wrote interviews of local Magic card players in my area that I did for various local gaming websites. I also freelanced for Wizards of the Coast for half a year writing articles for them as well back in university.
    4. After the meltdown last year, what made you come back after all of the changes happening?
      Thatís a funny question because I came to the site after the meltdown. I didnít even know there was a meltdown until months after I joined. I joined back in November I think it was, so Iíve not even been on the site for a year. The current life of the site is the only thing I know.
    5. And with all of the changes going on, what do you like and what don't you like?
      I think the site needs to come to terms on what it wants to become. Does the site want to be something casual or does it want to take a step-up and become more professional? That does not mean paying people, but in how the staff acts. Iíve been trying to get on the review team for months, because I thought I could help and love writing reviews, but also because the team was so dead it made the site look amateurish.

Only until recently with Nero getting signed up have there been any reviews done at a constant pace. I know people are going to get offended by me talking so freely about it, but Iím only expressing what the majority of people thought from whom I talked to. I think the strength of the site is there are a lot people who want to help it in an official capacity, but for some reason the site is not recruiting them. Having review team members who review a game once every 4 months, or a news team member that never posts news, is dead weight and makes people think ďwhy is that person there?Ē It makes the site look dead to new viewers, and looks unprofessional to those who stayed post meltdown.
    6. With a ton of games coming out this year, what are you looking forward to and why?
      Well, there are a few games Iím interested in. The new Persona fighting game I want to play and plat, although the region locking thing might mess with me. Long story on that. Resident Evil 6 looks great, and none of the changes to it bothers me. I think the western gaming media just wants something to rag on cause they suck at their jobs.

But the game Iím looking forward to the most is Dead or Alive 5. Itís the only fighting game I like, and seeing 3 and 4 being XBOX exclusive tore out a piece of my soul. I had DOA2 on the Dreamcast and I played it like I wanted to go pro at it. I plan on writing a trophy guide for DOA5 (unless someone grabs it on me first) and I told a friend Iím highly considering buying a stick just for that one game, I love the series so much. Jann Lee with a spinal tap for the win!
    7. What is your gaming genre of choice?
      My gaming choice has always been RPGs. I love them. I play games for the story. Trophies changed me some in making me play different games I normally wouldnít, but my heart is always with RPGs. Iím a diehard Japanese RPG fan. Western made ones I find the stories boring. Being Canadian Iím proud Mass Effect was a huge hit, since itís a Canadian game, but none of them come in my top 10 or top 20 RPGs. Put Suikoden, Persona, Front Mission, dotHack, or Yakuza on the title and itís an instant buy from me.

Why you ask? It is because, in my opinion, Japanese stories push boundaries and makes a person think. I could have written a university paper on Persona 3 if I had the chance. Western RPGís are standard western science-fiction flash. Big, unbeatable, world destroyer shows up but in the end is never as strong as the stories make him or her out to be, and is defeated. Sorry reapers, your reaping abilities had me yawning.
    8. Do you consider yourself a trophy hunter?
      I consider myself a trophy hunter, and more specifically a trophy hunter. Echo echo echo. Iím not a platinum hunter or a series hunter or anything like that. I just like trophies. Unless I love the game, or itís an easy grind, I wonít waste time on a trophy for the sake of platting a game or getting 100%.

However, Iíll play any game if itís free. If someone wants to mail me Hannah Montana, Iíll take a picture of me playing it and platting it. A trophy is a trophy to me. A plat is a plat. Someone platting Hannah Montana is just as impressive to me as someone platting Assassinís Creed: Brotherhood for example. With guides and boosting lists, no one really plays a game quote unquote Ďlegitimateí, trophy hunters all want to get their trophies as fast as possible.
    9. What is your favorite platinum and why?
      Romero Would Be Proud. It is the platinum for Dead Nation. I am a huge Romero fan, and I enjoyed the game a lot. I had to have the platinum for the game to show off my fandom, and it got me hooked on getting trophies.
    10. If you can have any game before trophies came out to have trophy support, what game would that be and why?
      Suikoden 2, if not the whole series, then just that game. Iíve beaten it over forty times, and thatís a literal under estimation. Itís my favourite game of all time. Nothing comes close to it, and has the perfect story to me. Even though I beat it so many times I could play it again just for the love of the story and characters.
    11. Lastly, this is your time for shoutouts.
      Deneratuck for reasonís he knows why. But letís just say heís been a really good friend. BNecker for doing her best to help me fix a Dead Island glitch that ruined my Dead Island life. Bladia for the sweet checklist banner, avatar, and signature he made me and also for putting up with all my perfectionist request that would make a normal artist want to stab me in the eye with their paintbrush. In2 for the sweet platbar and honouring my request for being my 10th anniversary episode interviewee.

Dr. Mayus, Frost, Wanderer, DragonWolf, Schis, and Hitmanchan (formerly the artist known as Hitman) for all the fun chats. Great Daze Tazer for giving me a free copy of FF13 when mine got broken in an Ďaccidentí...JayHawk for the conversations and the offer of tour guide of Tokyo when I get my butt over there. Bounce for his great work in helping me advertise my episodes on the siteís facebook page. Curse for putting up with me wanting to get on the review team. All the people whoíve already have been, and who will be, featured in episode of the Lasombra Files for without their cooperation the series could not exist. If Iíve missed you, please donít be offended.

I re-read it a couple times so there shouldnít be any typos but check just in case. Iím a perfectionist so if you find any typos do you mind telling me, so I can check. Thanks again for the honour!
    K? Thanks

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

Congrats to Mailman for winning Motm and nice one for sticking with the site for so long, thats just amazing . And congrats also to Lasombra. It was good to finally get to know so much about someone who does an awful lot for the community on here and both interviews were a great read. I wouldnt think ill of you Lasombra for speaking your mind and i dont think loads of other people will do too, props for speaking your mind. Well done guys

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

Word is Bond

Great interviews you guys, congratulations on MotM and spotlight. (good job pk)

Platinum Procrastinator

Congrats to both people who got interviewed this month, especially Lasombra, seeing as how he is usually the one doing them lol. Also thanks for the shoutout man.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

Kiwi Defender

INteresting reads, specially the shadow's.

On a side note, though. In your shout out you say "Hitmanchan (formerly the artist known as Hitman)", but Hitman was never an "artist" . Do you mean Lee (now known as Hitmon133) ?

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Up the Irons!

Great interviews.

Toggle Spoiler

"Nobody wants him, He just stares at the world,
    Planning his vengeance, That he will soon unfurl"
    - Iron Man by Black Sabbath

"You tell me what is honesty,
    When all around is death and cruelty"
    - Mother of Mercy by Iron Maiden

Aussie Furry, Bitch

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

Congratz to both of you.

#cutformesa

Attaboy UMA!

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    Blah blah blah ..."Hitmanchan (formerly the artist known as Hitman)", but Hitman was never an "artist" ...blah blah blah
    Prince (musician) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Current Playthrough Counts:
    Mass Effect: 25 || Mass Effect 2: 44
    Mass Effect 3: 15
    Add me for ME3 multiplayer shenanigans.
    First legit Mass Effect 3 100% on PS3T.

SERBIA STRONG

Thanks to Luckay for the ETGWG bar and avy, and Qurb for the sig!

All out of bubblegum.....

awesome interviews to you both, and I bet it feels nice to be the one getting a good interview, eh Lasombra? Love reading your stuff bro, and love your huge influx of news as of late Mailman!
    Scogg34's House of Splatter
    Avy/Sig by the Awesome Stupot

The One and Only

Nice interviews. It's good to read and learn a bit about Lasombra and our friendly neighborhood Mailman.

Siggin' since June 2012 | Sig Made by Me | Platcard made by djunglist
    DaRe's Journey of Art
    Drawings on first post, sig showcase on second.

DaRe's Adventures v5.20
    My Trophy Checklist back in contruction!

Free-Style Signature Request Shop
    My sig shop with knuckle and Bladia, currently taking requests!

DareCity701
    My dA account.

My YouTube Channel

Please subscribe today!

Requests Due: 0
    Collabs Due: 0

Legend...Nuff Said

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    INteresting reads, specially the shadow's.

On a side note, though. In your shout out you say "Hitmanchan (formerly the artist known as Hitman)", but Hitman was never an "artist" . Do you mean Lee (now known as Hitmon133) ?
    Curb nailed it. It was a Prince reference.

L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My first novel can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

Crocodile Hunter

Cool spotlight funny to see the table turned and las being interviewed LOL

also btw comp you have double posted answer 6 for UMA just so you know

Sig by Apokolypz

Galaxy beauty pirate

Two great interviews with 2 friendly guys.
    I enjoyed reading both interviews and Las speaking his mind.
    Also, awesome taste in games you have Lasombra. Couldn't agree more with you on Suikoden 2.
    Last edited by Artemis; 09-11-2012 at 03:08 AM.
    Sig by Ramon

JINTRAy

You can only guess where I am...my mother's basement

Congrats to Mailman for MotM and Las for the special spotlight interview! Fantastic reads and it's interesting to see what Las had to say being he is usually doing the interviewing.

I couldn't agree with you more on the RPG talk.

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |Sig by Smashguy | GDT bar by
    djunglist|
    |Avy - Daft Punk returns|

Thanks to GDT for hosting awesome competitions!

Legend...Nuff Said

I'd like to congratulate UMA on getting MOTM and also domo arigatou to everyone for commenting on mine.

Although I do have one big concern. Does it bother anyone else that the 'voting' thread has almost 2K views but the actual interview is on life support at 10% of the voting threads?

L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My first novel can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

Change is good

Quote Originally Posted by Lasombra View Post
    I'd like to congratulate UMA on getting MOTM and also domo arigatou to everyone for commenting on mine.

Although I do have one big concern. Does it bother anyone else that the 'voting' thread has almost 2K views but the actual interview is on life support at 10% of the voting threads?
    Could be because people vote and don't care for the interviews, or they don't agree with who's won.

Nice interviews though.

Word is Bond

Quote Originally Posted by Lasombra View Post
    Does it bother anyone else that the 'voting' thread has almost 2K views but the actual interview is on life support at 10% of the voting threads?
    This thread has only been up for 4 days. . .nuff said.